Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Langley Best Goals 17:00 - Jan 5 with 4075 viewsdaveB

I'm working on a video for my QPR Memories Youtube channel which will countdown the best 10 goals scored by Richard Langley and rather than me picking them as I have with players from the 70's, 80's and 90's so far I thought it might be interesting to open it up to QPR fans to vote for their favourites which will feature in an upcoming video.
Below you should see a video of all of Richard Langleys goals for QPR and a link to vote for your favourite. The 2 penalties he scored are not included in the vote.

Voting Link - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/P6NKFTM

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:08 - Jan 5 with 2673 viewsNorthernr

I think the volley from the corner of the box, where his corner gets cleared and he just goes and meets it full on and sends dipping into the far corner, is technically as good a goal as you'll see anywhere. A proper one of those cliched goals that 'if Ronaldo had scored it...' you'd still be seeing clips of it now 20-odd years later.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:15 - Jan 5 with 2656 viewsAntti_Heinola

My God he loved scoring against Blackpool.

Even before watching that lovely video i could tell you it was the volley v Blackpool (goal 8). Van Bastenesque, almost ;)

And that 2002/3 season he must've scored more free kicks than anyone in the league - phenomenal return.

Bare bones.

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:16 - Jan 5 with 2653 viewsdaveB

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:08 - Jan 5 by Northernr

I think the volley from the corner of the box, where his corner gets cleared and he just goes and meets it full on and sends dipping into the far corner, is technically as good a goal as you'll see anywhere. A proper one of those cliched goals that 'if Ronaldo had scored it...' you'd still be seeing clips of it now 20-odd years later.

yeah that goal was incredible, would be my pick as well
Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:16 - Jan 5 with 2652 viewsNorthernr

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:15 - Jan 5 by Antti_Heinola

Even before watching that lovely video i could tell you it was the volley v Blackpool (goal 8). Van Bastenesque, almost ;)

And that 2002/3 season he must've scored more free kicks than anyone in the league - phenomenal return.

It was certainly nice to get excited about having dangerous free kicks.
Not sure the Loft is going to have a roof left by the time Barbet hangs up his beret.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:19 - Jan 5 with 2646 viewsterryb

Away to Stockport for me, with away to Cardiff in 2003 running it close.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:21 - Jan 5 with 2637 viewsNorthernr

The one at Portsmouth was the last day of the season, so didn't win GOTS because they'd already had the vote, which was a joke because it was streets ahead.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:37 - Jan 5 with 2596 viewsE1Hoop

Happy memories and thanks for posting. Cardiff and Blackpool volley for me.
I thought that taking your shirt off to celebrate was a relatively recent thing and did not remember it from 20 odd years ago.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:48 - Jan 5 with 2560 viewsMrSheen

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:08 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Off his "weaker" foot too, silly really.

Cheltenham, Crewe, Wrexham, Stockport, those were the days!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 17:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:50 - Jan 5 with 2553 viewsbollockchops

he scored away to Oldham in the play off semi and got sent off and ive never seen it since and away to Blackburn when we won 1-3
Richard Langley Best Goals on 18:34 - Jan 5 with 2491 viewsQPR_Jim

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:15 - Jan 5 by Antti_Heinola

It's the first thing I thought of as soon as I saw the title of the thread, I was sat in the ellerslie rd stand with a straight sight of Langley and the goal.

I remember a home game possibly against Crewe and possibly the season before (ok remember is a strong word) when we had a free kick in extra time with Langley stood over the ball at the loft end. I think we were drawing with them and the Ref couldn't get the wall back 10yrds, so he gave up and called time. I can remember (finally) being so angry because it was just taken as a given that Langley would hit the target and have a good chance of scoring against most goalkeepers in that league.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 2466 viewshantssi

Richard Langley Best Goals on 17:21 - Jan 5 by Northernr

The one at Portsmouth was the last day of the season, so didn't win GOTS because they'd already had the vote, which was a joke because it was streets ahead.

I was at that game, didn’t Gallen get the other one?
I seem to recall a lovely warm day in the sun, no roof, sat on wooden benches?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 18:49]
Richard Langley Best Goals on 19:33 - Jan 5 with 2389 viewskensalriser

I always thought Langley was good enough to play in the PL, was it injuries that prevented him from stepping up?

We could certainly use a free kick taker of his ability now, it's a significant weak point in the current squad.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Richard Langley Best Goals on 19:43 - Jan 5 with 2367 viewsMrSheen

Richard Langley Best Goals on 19:33 - Jan 5 by kensalriser

I always thought Langley was good enough to play in the PL, was it injuries that prevented him from stepping up?

We could certainly use a free kick taker of his ability now, it's a significant weak point in the current squad.

Knackered his ACL the same night as Carlisle, home to Fulham, never saw his full potential. 21 at the time, still had the technique, but might have been more athletic. See also Kevin Gallen…
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 19:45]
Richard Langley Best Goals on 19:57 - Jan 5 with 2351 viewsPhilmyRs

Good video, didn’t realise he scored so many. When was the last time we had someone regularly look threatening from a free kick? Akos? One of those free kicks was pure quality, keeper had no chance.

Rated Langley highly but injuries prevented him reaching his full potential which I think would have been the top division. Still talks about Rangers positively from the bits I’ve heard on various podcasts too which is nice to hear.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 21:32 - Jan 5 with 2254 viewsngbqpr

Cheers Dave, a lot of happy memories, saw most of them live with my awed son in tow.

Quite the collection.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Richard Langley Best Goals on 22:01 - Jan 5 with 2219 viewsLowerloftLad

Richard Langley Best Goals on 21:32 - Jan 5 by ngbqpr

Cheers Dave, a lot of happy memories, saw most of them live with my awed son in tow.

Quite the collection.

I can't remember who it was against but we met Langley after a game and he had scored a screamer of a freekick. my dad told him if you had scored that in a premier League game today they would be reshowing that goal over and over again for years to come.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Richard Langley Best Goals on 23:39 - Jan 5 with 2132 viewsToast_R

Blimey, feels like yesterday.

Blackpool at home for me too. Took an Aussie friend with me that day to her first and only R's match, she loved it. Twenty years ago, how time flies.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 23:52 - Jan 5 with 2118 viewsBrianMcCarthy

8 - Blackpool volley
17 - Cardiff volley
21 - Cheltenham postage stamp

Great idea, Dave!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Richard Langley Best Goals on 23:59 - Jan 5 with 2094 viewsLythamR

That was a lovely trip down memory lane

For the sheer joy at the time i have to go for the late winner at Ninian Park,
Richard Langley Best Goals on 07:59 - Jan 6 with 1927 viewsPunteR

Some nice goals in there.
Yeh the volley from the corner of the box(Blackpool?)and the long range bullet v Pompey my top 2.
I'll have a re watch and write them down to vote properly.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Richard Langley Best Goals on 07:59 - Jan 6 with 1928 viewsTheChef

Richard Langley Best Goals on 23:59 - Jan 5 by LythamR

That was a lovely trip down memory lane

For the sheer joy at the time i have to go for the late winner at Ninian Park,

Ah yes - cue the Cardiff welcoming committee outside the away end afterwards

Personally I loved the goal at Portsmouth, amazing hit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Richard Langley Best Goals on 08:31 - Jan 6 with 1908 viewsjoe90

I didn't know this was your YouTube channel, I bloody love it! I always end watching a video when I should be working, haha

I think Clive is definitely right if a Prem player had scored some of those goals they'd be on everyone highlight reel/compilation.

The Portsmouth goal was an absolute cracker, very satisfying to watch!
Richard Langley Best Goals on 08:34 - Jan 6 with 1904 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I forgot how many good goals he scored.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Richard Langley Best Goals on 08:50 - Jan 6 with 1891 viewsnadera78

A very good footballer, and one I enjoyed watching. A couple of things stood out for me, over his career with us.

First, it was his elevation from academy to first team that improved us enough that we avoided relegation in Gerry Francis' second spell in charge. He really was that important straight away. He just took to it naturally, immediately.

Secondly, a miserable week in 2001 (I think) where we got destroyed by Arsenal in the cup (and Viera absolutely monstered Langley in midfield - far from the only player to suffer that fate, obviously) followed a few days later by that miserable Fulham game, where both Langley and Clarke Carlisle tore their ACLs. That game stood out to me as a real low; our best players injured longterm, and a local club I'd never really given a second thought to obviously on their way to better days than us.

Finally, a piece of great skill from Langley in a game against Wimbledon. From a defensive position the ball was played out to him on the halfway line, close to the dug outs. He waited, and waited, and waited, facing the sideline, as two Wimbledon players closed in on him. Right at the last second, as it looked like they'd trapped him against the sideline, he pulled off a beautiful Cruyff turn between the two of them. They had no idea what was going on. Beautiful.
Richard Langley Best Goals on 09:09 - Jan 6 with 1860 viewsTheChef

Richard Langley Best Goals on 08:50 - Jan 6 by nadera78

A very good footballer, and one I enjoyed watching. A couple of things stood out for me, over his career with us.

First, it was his elevation from academy to first team that improved us enough that we avoided relegation in Gerry Francis' second spell in charge. He really was that important straight away. He just took to it naturally, immediately.

Secondly, a miserable week in 2001 (I think) where we got destroyed by Arsenal in the cup (and Viera absolutely monstered Langley in midfield - far from the only player to suffer that fate, obviously) followed a few days later by that miserable Fulham game, where both Langley and Clarke Carlisle tore their ACLs. That game stood out to me as a real low; our best players injured longterm, and a local club I'd never really given a second thought to obviously on their way to better days than us.

Finally, a piece of great skill from Langley in a game against Wimbledon. From a defensive position the ball was played out to him on the halfway line, close to the dug outs. He waited, and waited, and waited, facing the sideline, as two Wimbledon players closed in on him. Right at the last second, as it looked like they'd trapped him against the sideline, he pulled off a beautiful Cruyff turn between the two of them. They had no idea what was going on. Beautiful.

Didn't realise those games were so close to each other.

That Arsenal cup game was facking awful.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024