Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread 18:44 - Feb 8 with 32979 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Sticking my neck out here to start the game thread. If this all goes terrible wrong I'll retreat back into my shell.

This one is getting extra hype, and rightfully so. Should be a good litmus test.

1-0 Rangers. Field 71'.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 19:28 - Feb 8 with 6652 viewsthemodfather

both teams hoping for p/off spots and/or better, both in good form, a draw may not be a disaster , a win would show our improvement, confidence and we are "william of large round things!"
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 19:58 - Feb 8 with 6597 viewsqpr_1968

i'll go 1-0 as well.....gray.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 09:39 - Feb 9 with 6340 viewsHarbour

Can’t get there tonight hoping for 1-0 to the Rs gut says 1-1 which would not be a disaster.Come on Rangers!
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 09:59 - Feb 9 with 6304 viewsdmm

It'll be fascinating to see how each team approaches the game given its importance to places in the top 6. I hope it's a real humdinger with both sides going for it but equally, it could be quite a cagey affair until the first team scores.

2-1 Willock and Chair
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 10:05 - Feb 9 with 6290 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Lumley to save a Dykes penalty obviously BUT the mighty Hoops come out on top and 2-1.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 11:15 - Feb 9 with 6189 viewsPaddyhoops

Huge game tonight and a massive statement if we win.
Let's hope we turn out in big numbers tonight.
1.0. Dykes.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 12:05 - Feb 9 with 6110 viewsMalintabuk

Also can't make it tonight and gutted.
2nd and 3rd in the form table, so if there is a winner tonight it will be a good statement of intent
Think Middlesbrough will be more than happy with a point tonight and have a sneaky feeling that Warbs will be happy if we don't lose either
0-0 or a 1-1, but would love a win.... well love to win every match, just some more than others
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 12:05 - Feb 9 with 6111 viewsDaBurgh

Either 3 - 1 or 1-3. 4 goals, my bunions playing up.
Login to get fewer ads

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 12:18 - Feb 9 with 6084 viewsRs_Holy

really feels like the home game against Stoke from a couple of months ago. The scenario then was a win would give us a 7 point cushion to 7th and we ended up losing and not even scoring.
Win the match this evening and its a 9 point gap to 7th... but this is the Championship and it rarely follows a script. I would personally settle for a draw this evening as Boro are in form and super confident after beating ManUre at Old Trafford....At least this one is not a featured game on Sky .... 0-0.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 12:54 - Feb 9 with 6047 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tough match but their keeper is dodgy. Plenty of shots tonight please, including to his near post.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 9 with 5971 viewsDieByYourSide

Point wouldn't be a disaster but have to be confident of sticking a few past Lumley. R's to grind out a nervy 2-1, why not?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 13:41]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 5958 viewsPinnerPaul

1-1 - Dickie to score ours
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 16:55 - Feb 9 with 5795 viewsed_83

Would be happy with a point, Boro are playing well and we've not had much time to reintegrate our returning players, but hoping for a tense 2-1 to us, Dykes scoring early and Chair scoring late.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 17:12 - Feb 9 with 5752 viewsWren67

Boro don't score a lot although they have won a few away matches. I think they are a good team and would fancy a win at the Loft.

I would take a draw now possible scores 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, but I can't bear to predict anything but a win for us at home, so a 2-1 win for the Rsssssssssssssss

Chair, Gray
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:00 - Feb 9 with 5644 viewscolinallcars

Wouldn't miss it for all the pencils in Pennsylvania. 3-1 to the soopahs.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:16 - Feb 9 with 5578 viewsbosh67

I have a weird feeling about this game for some reason. A game we could slip up in if we are not 100% on it. Boro are no mugs and our ex keeper isn't as bad as some of us seem to remember him being. Everyone will have to be up for this from the kick off whistle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:20 - Feb 9 with 5574 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:16 - Feb 9 by bosh67

I have a weird feeling about this game for some reason. A game we could slip up in if we are not 100% on it. Boro are no mugs and our ex keeper isn't as bad as some of us seem to remember him being. Everyone will have to be up for this from the kick off whistle.

I watched the Utd cup game he was pretty shaky and forget the penalty shootout Joe was hopeless .The QPR staff know his weakness and I feel it will be the difference tonight despite their hot form.Remember they beat Man U only by the most confusing non handball in my memory but it will give them a boost I suspect .
QPR- 2 Boro- 0
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:42 - Feb 9 with 5487 viewsAntti_Heinola

One of those games where i read clive’s preview and their interview and just cannot see us winning, which is unfair in our lads. Seeing boro beat man u didn’t help. Could be anything but think their juggernaut will roll on. Hope not! I am always negative just before games.

Bare bones.

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:47 - Feb 9 with 5440 viewsHantsR

Gutted can't make it tonight - so Sinton/ London completely unbiased commentary awaits. A score draw I think, but really just want to see our team gel like they did against the Fakes.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:47 - Feb 9 with 5425 viewsRatKingCole

Team

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:50 - Feb 9 with 5369 viewsRs_Holy

Bad omen… just watched Boro beat arsenal 4-1 on the Big Match Revisited… maybe I should have switched over before it started?
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:54 - Feb 9 with 5285 viewsHantsR

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:47 - Feb 9 by RatKingCole

Team

No Dieng - guess a bit too soon for him. Also no place on the bench for Dozell, Ball or Kakay.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:56 - Feb 9 with 5232 viewsloftus77

Our strongest possible (outfield) team, no?

1-1. And totally happy with a well-earned point.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:57 - Feb 9 with 5202 viewsqueensparker

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:54 - Feb 9 by HantsR

No Dieng - guess a bit too soon for him. Also no place on the bench for Dozell, Ball or Kakay.

Some bench though that. We’ve come a long way in 12 months.

Would honestly take a draw tonight, feels like a big game
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 19:03 - Feb 9 with 5108 viewsEastR

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 18:54 - Feb 9 by HantsR

In fairness that's a strong bench

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024