Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton post-Blackburn 15:54 - Feb 26 with 10141 viewsstainrods_elbow

A tired interviews after a tired performance. How many weeks now has he been saying we've looked laboured and leggy? Really tops off a crap weekend. Meanwhile, Banfield looks like he's eaten a lorryload of Bonne's Jaffa Cakes just to set the tone.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:05 - Feb 26 with 5307 viewsted_hendrix

Warburton got us into the position we're In, He'll do for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:08 - Feb 26 with 5268 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:05 - Feb 26 by ted_hendrix

Warburton got us into the position we're In, He'll do for me.

But what about the predicament we're in now? Good managers manage to change things when needed.

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 5268 viewsNorthantsHoop

Still in the play off mix, but anymore of these poor performances and we will get pushed out of the play off slots.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:18 - Feb 26 with 5197 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:08 - Feb 26 by stainrods_elbow

But what about the predicament we're in now? Good managers manage to change things when needed.

He changed it on Weds, both before and during the game - we won????????????
Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:23 - Feb 26 with 5161 viewsHarbour

He admitted he could have changed the line up took some responsibility. In Warbs I trust. This is the best season we have had for some years we are not out of it yet
Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:23 - Feb 26 with 5154 viewsdanehoop

Just made the misfortune of looking at the site whilst not logged in. Perfect reminder of why I have ignored the original poster and useful reminder to always log one when I use the site.

Never knowingly understood

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:30 - Feb 26 with 5117 viewsDamo1962

The players and MW need to look at their performances -especially on the road. We have gone from looking unbeatabke away, to looking beaten before the game starts. As disappointing as the results are, the performances are more alarming for me. I watched a team today who looked like they had never played with each other. That's four away fixtures in a row that a big QPR following has been badly let down. Warburton needs to tell it like it is and don't treat them as fools. He's got plenty of credit in the bank with the supporters...so it's the least he can do. I hope the club is already looking at striking options for next season, as it is killing our momentum not having any worthy of the name.Leeds conceding the most goals in a calendar month in the Premshite...has cheered me up 😁
Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:43 - Feb 26 with 5040 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:23 - Feb 26 by danehoop

Just made the misfortune of looking at the site whilst not logged in. Perfect reminder of why I have ignored the original poster and useful reminder to always log one when I use the site.

Sign of the times - just block/cancel/impugn anyone you don't agree with. Smug twit!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 20:56]

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:51 - Feb 26 with 4972 viewskernowhoop

Middlesbrough and Sheffield United losing
Huddersfield winning
Warburton post-Blackburn on 17:20 - Feb 26 with 4816 viewsDannytheR

Do give over.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 17:41 - Feb 26 with 4714 viewsdmm

I'm as disappointed as anyone with today's result, but I'm impressed Warburton has held his hands up and said he got it wrong. Not many managers do that.

And I'm sure there weren't many who thought he'd got it wrong when the team was announced. I didn't. Easychair experts in football management might disagree.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 17:58 - Feb 26 with 4637 viewsQPR_Hibs

What is this predicament of which you speak?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Warburton post-Blackburn on 18:12 - Feb 26 with 4568 viewsqprrunner

Did his subs not win us the game midweek. Get a grip.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 18:20 - Feb 26 with 4526 viewsbosh67

On Wednesday I thought give Mark a knighthood but tonight I am thinking he has to go!... Blimey, out fan base aye?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton post-Blackburn on 18:32 - Feb 26 with 4452 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mark-warburton-reflects-on-loss-at-black

This is what he said. Holds his hands up. Go again against Cardiff. Perhaps Charlie and Lyndon back? Perhaps Seny okay.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton post-Blackburn on 20:22 - Feb 26 with 4267 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 18:12 - Feb 26 by qprrunner

Did his subs not win us the game midweek. Get a grip.

Sure, the team dug out a commendable win against mediocre opposition with 10 men, and I was/am as glad to give them an accolade post-Blackpool. I'm talking about the bigger picture over the last month of 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats since we trounced Reading (including our usual half-arsed cup exit v a barely rudimentary Peterborough) - during which time we've probably performed for about 100 minutes if you add all the best bits of all those games together.

It worries me, as I've pointed out, that Warburton's post-match interviews seem to be getting as tired/repetitive as much of our recent performances, while the apparent early retirement of what passes for our strike force is another concerning sign, as are Willock's exhausted-looking marginality in recent weeks and Chair's, Adomah's and JJ's poor games again today. Today's 1-0 defeat was so predictable I'd be surprised if any bookie took a bet on it. The one good thing is we now have an uninterrupted week to work and prepare for Cardiff (though still only time for two training sessions, apparently), so the manager can't blame the schedule next time.

Warburton post-Blackburn on 20:55 - Feb 26 with 4138 viewsstevec

We’ve won very few Saturday games that fall immediately after a Championship midweek game.

Our best run of form came after a three week break in December.

Tough end to the season but at least some periods where we get a week between games and time to train and rest. It’ll be interesting to see if our form picks up.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 21:07 - Feb 26 with 4082 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Oh do feck off
Warburton post-Blackburn on 23:52 - Feb 26 with 3806 viewsCiderwithRsie

Any time in the last 5 years I would have not been calling 5th in the League a predicament, I'd have been calling it a bloody miracle.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 06:46 - Feb 27 with 3664 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton post-Blackburn on 16:43 - Feb 26 by stainrods_elbow

Sign of the times - just block/cancel/impugn anyone you don't agree with. Smug twit!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 20:56]

Pot, kettle, black!
Warburton post-Blackburn on 07:11 - Feb 27 with 3635 viewsBrisbaneR

Any good manager, be it in the football or outside world, will/should bear the brunt of the criticism when things go bad, and ensure the plaudits go to the players/workers when things go well.
When we fail we fail together, when we win it was down to the players/workers. How do we think Warbs has been able to build a team that has such faith in him?

I love the predicament he's managed to get us into this season.
Onto 3 points against Cardiff...U RRR'ssss
Warburton post-Blackburn on 10:32 - Feb 27 with 3372 viewsthemodfather

if we are tired , why? has the training regime changed? the squad is rotating and dykes and charlie have not played in a while , still 5 th but a long way to go. hang in there boys
Warburton post-Blackburn on 11:51 - Feb 27 with 3254 viewsLazyFan

I am of the view we shall slip out of the playoffs, we needed to win those games in the past 5. We only won against Pool in the last min and Dull should have been beaten easily.

I am okay with that, as Warbs has improved the team. I suspect a 7th place finish now. And I think that is progress albeit a small one, that's because progress at this end of the table is very hard to do.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warburton post-Blackburn on 13:30 - Feb 27 with 3136 viewsBurnleyhoop

The silver lining from yesterday was the return of McCallum. He at least showed some energy and gave us a much better outlet down that left side.

Move Moses to the right as Unc’s is struggling badly in that right wing back role.

Starting to think Field, Johansen and Hendrick are too similar, so perhaps need someone with a bit more pace that can break quickly and support the front two. The ponderous movement from defence into midfield is far too easy to defend against.
Warburton post-Blackburn on 14:52 - Feb 27 with 3012 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-Blackburn on 06:46 - Feb 27 by francisbowles

Pot, kettle, black!

Not really - I don't (and won't) block anybody!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024