Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congrats Konk 19:56 - Apr 2 with 4830 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not a nice feeling today, but made slightly easier knowing they're your team.

Thought Fulham were very impressive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Congrats Konk on 19:59 - Apr 2 with 3543 viewsStreathamRanger

Yes, congratulations. A fine team worthy of winning the league. Imagine having the resources to bring in Nico Williams on loan. What a player he is.
Congrats Konk on 20:11 - Apr 2 with 3469 viewsted_hendrix

No congratulations from me, when the day comes when all clubs start the season on an even keel finacially then yea.

Far to much financial disparity between clubs and unless anyone can convince me differently I'll leave It at that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Congrats Konk on 20:23 - Apr 2 with 3415 viewsHadders

Congrats Konk on 20:11 - Apr 2 by ted_hendrix

No congratulations from me, when the day comes when all clubs start the season on an even keel finacially then yea.

Far to much financial disparity between clubs and unless anyone can convince me differently I'll leave It at that.

Fair enough, but by that logic you can never be proud of a QPR win either pal, unless we are playing a team with greater resources. Without Jim Gregory's investment in the 60s there would have been no League Cup win, no Rodney or Stanley... Oddly, Gregory was a Fulham fan!

[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 20:27]
Congrats Konk on 20:27 - Apr 2 with 3376 viewsHarbour

Sorry they were not that good considering the resources they have. Good luck to them but suspect couple of seasons they will be back in the championship.
Congrats Konk on 20:43 - Apr 2 with 3341 viewsQPsyR

Konk is great and Fulham are Super, I wish I could afford jolly spiffing red cords, I mean Stuarts in Shepherds Bush the chap should be at least called Sebastian, And these common proles wouldn't even be allowed in a proper decent clothes emporium like Cordings.

Nah FCK that.

FKA AcidPixie

Congrats Konk on 20:48 - Apr 2 with 3322 viewsPaddyhoops

Congrats Konk on 20:23 - Apr 2 by Hadders

Fair enough, but by that logic you can never be proud of a QPR win either pal, unless we are playing a team with greater resources. Without Jim Gregory's investment in the 60s there would have been no League Cup win, no Rodney or Stanley... Oddly, Gregory was a Fulham fan!

I like Konk. Very erudite individual but let's not forget the 3,000 flare throwing Fulham fans would probably have been Fulhams average crowd pre the El fayed induced finincial doping.
I was stood ten yards from the celebrating Fulham players after the first goal went in and F**k me did they give it the big one. At that moment if somebody had giving them a right hander . I would have applauded them. In hindsight I know it's not appropriate but It don't half boil the piss at the time.
Anyway, Fulham are a fine football side but the world is nothing without Derby games and the animosity and banter that goes with it.
Congratulations though? . Don't think so.
Congrats Konk on 21:19 - Apr 2 with 3185 viewsQPR_John

Congrats Konk on 20:27 - Apr 2 by Harbour

Sorry they were not that good considering the resources they have. Good luck to them but suspect couple of seasons they will be back in the championship.

But that is what football has become. There are clubs who will never fear relegation from the Premier League, some who might flirt with it but realistically will be safe and a few others who will be relegated. Those relegated teams will have a much bigger financial clout than others in the Championship which will show and we’ll have the spectacle of permanent yo-yo clubs. We have or are very close to having a closed shop. Parachute payments followed by FFP or whatever it’s called now made that inevitable. Some might think that was what was intended
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 21:26]
Congrats Konk on 21:35 - Apr 2 with 3129 viewsterryb

Football has ALWAYS been that way.

Of course, there has been the rare moment when a less well off club has won the league, but it hasn't been very often. Since 1960 I can only recall, Ipswich, Derby, Forest & Leicester, with Ipswich being the only "paupers".

Money has talked ever since Preston overspent in the early years of The Football League.
Login to get fewer ads

Congrats Konk on 22:04 - Apr 2 with 3034 viewsPunteR

Too soon Brian, too soon.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Congrats Konk on 22:11 - Apr 2 with 3003 views222gers

Congrats Konk on 21:35 - Apr 2 by terryb

Football has ALWAYS been that way.

Of course, there has been the rare moment when a less well off club has won the league, but it hasn't been very often. Since 1960 I can only recall, Ipswich, Derby, Forest & Leicester, with Ipswich being the only "paupers".

Money has talked ever since Preston overspent in the early years of The Football League.

Seems a lifetime ago that Sunderland were known as The Bank of England club. In fact it's quite a few lifetimes ago.
Oh, and yes Konk is a welcome addition to this board. Well balanced views and takes all the Marmaduke and Rupert references in his stride.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 22:14]
Congrats Konk on 22:21 - Apr 2 with 2967 viewsDamo1962

I like Konk. Fulham...not so much. We'd love to be in their position if we are honest. Think they will look at Brentford and believe they can make a better go of the Premshit this time. Maybe before I die...I may see us beat them again.
Congrats Konk on 22:24 - Apr 2 with 2960 viewsdaveB

Fulham are a good side, best they've looked for years to be honest the midfield were so good and Mitrovic is brilliant up front.

They really didn't need that penalty gift second half
Congrats Konk on 22:33 - Apr 2 with 2940 viewsthame_hoops

I definitely have FOMO next year with Fulham/Chelsea/Brentford all in the Premier League 😢
Congrats Konk on 23:02 - Apr 2 with 2877 viewsqprxtc

Konk is a good fella. QPR piss me off more than Fulham. Fulham don’t bother me at all apart from when we play them. They are like Watford. Only small time clubs hate them. Hello Brentford and Luton.

QPR drive me round the bloody twist and I wish I could rid myself of them but that ship has long sailed and sunk.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 23:05]
Congrats Konk on 09:43 - Apr 3 with 2591 viewsDaBurgh

Congrats Konk on 23:02 - Apr 2 by qprxtc

Konk is a good fella. QPR piss me off more than Fulham. Fulham don’t bother me at all apart from when we play them. They are like Watford. Only small time clubs hate them. Hello Brentford and Luton.

QPR drive me round the bloody twist and I wish I could rid myself of them but that ship has long sailed and sunk.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 23:05]

Yeah, this.
Congrats Konk on 10:48 - Apr 3 with 2479 viewsstevenagehoop

Congrats Konk on 20:23 - Apr 2 by Hadders

Bit of an over the top comparison there. Marsh was a steal at 15k but was a risky signing at the time – we took that chance whilst others didn’t and the rest is history. Stanley was bought with the proceeds of the sale of Marsh - half of it I seem to recall - Gregory invested more than we’d had before but not to the extent that we were the Man City / Newcastle of those times - hardly buying your way to success. Today totally different and I’m afraid the proof is in the pudding with the number of teams that go back up after relegation. The problem was for a number of reasons including the hefty fine that we had to deal with we blew our money and are still paying the price for it. First division 3 team to win the league cup was something to be proud of and still is.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Congrats Konk on 11:50 - Apr 3 with 2377 viewsSnipper

Me neither. I have some good Fulham supporting friends, and there’s no animosity between us at all, but I’d never offer congratulations for a win against QPR.

I know we generally don’t win derby games, but we don’t have one next season. Not only that, we’re losing Bournemouth and Peterborough as well. It’s very likely that 3 northern teams will be promoted from League One, so it’ll be a very northern league next season.

This season was our big chance to go up as it wasn’t the strongest league. Next season it’ll be much tougher.
Congrats Konk on 19:53 - Apr 3 with 2152 viewsStanisgod

Congrats Konk on 20:48 - Apr 2 by Paddyhoops

I like Konk. Very erudite individual but let's not forget the 3,000 flare throwing Fulham fans would probably have been Fulhams average crowd pre the El fayed induced finincial doping.
I was stood ten yards from the celebrating Fulham players after the first goal went in and F**k me did they give it the big one. At that moment if somebody had giving them a right hander . I would have applauded them. In hindsight I know it's not appropriate but It don't half boil the piss at the time.
Anyway, Fulham are a fine football side but the world is nothing without Derby games and the animosity and banter that goes with it.
Congratulations though? . Don't think so.

Quiet as a library until the second went in, then the coach turned up. Youd have thought they were watching the bottom team until then, quietest 3000 people ever assembled.
Now wheres them sour grapes?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Congrats Konk on 20:08 - Apr 3 with 2109 viewskernowhoop

Congrats Konk on 11:50 - Apr 3 by Snipper

Me neither. I have some good Fulham supporting friends, and there’s no animosity between us at all, but I’d never offer congratulations for a win against QPR.

I know we generally don’t win derby games, but we don’t have one next season. Not only that, we’re losing Bournemouth and Peterborough as well. It’s very likely that 3 northern teams will be promoted from League One, so it’ll be a very northern league next season.

This season was our big chance to go up as it wasn’t the strongest league. Next season it’ll be much tougher.

Don't we think that next year will be tougher... every year, Snipper?
Congrats Konk on 21:25 - Apr 3 with 1982 viewsWesty75

Let’s not kiss their arses too much. They were pretty good, no more than that. For a club with their resources it’s the least you would expect. Take Mitrovic out of that side and they’d be scrapping it out with the rest of us.

And take the dodgy penalty to out of yesterday and we could have easily nicked a draw. How about we get our chins up a bit yeah? We’re a mid-table championship club on our resources that has done pretty bloody well this season so far.
Congrats Konk on 09:24 - Apr 4 with 1749 viewsrobith

Fulham players were giving it to the crowd a lot, which seemed a bit foolish given they'll be back here in 2 years
Congrats Konk on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 1728 viewsPinnerPaul

See your point but in the world as a whole there are haves and have nots, not sure how you can remove football from all that.
Congrats Konk on 09:33 - Apr 4 with 1723 viewsLoftgirl

Congrats Konk on 09:24 - Apr 4 by robith

Fulham players were giving it to the crowd a lot, which seemed a bit foolish given they'll be back here in 2 years

We might have replaced them.
Congrats Konk on 09:36 - Apr 4 with 1717 viewsPinnerPaul

Congrats Konk on 21:25 - Apr 3 by Westy75

Let’s not kiss their arses too much. They were pretty good, no more than that. For a club with their resources it’s the least you would expect. Take Mitrovic out of that side and they’d be scrapping it out with the rest of us.

And take the dodgy penalty to out of yesterday and we could have easily nicked a draw. How about we get our chins up a bit yeah? We’re a mid-table championship club on our resources that has done pretty bloody well this season so far.

Hmmm not sure sure, read Clive's telling stat on how many goals they would have WITHOUT Mitrovic, plus even if he wasn't there ANYONE would score 10- 20 goals in that team.

As I said in another place, look at what Reed (The midfielder) does, what looks like the simple things - picks up 2nd ball, doesn't waste a pass, always available to receive - sounds simple, but despite our plethora of midfielder's, none of ours come close.
Congrats Konk on 10:04 - Apr 4 with 1685 viewsRed_Ranger

Congrats Konk on 21:25 - Apr 3 by Westy75

Which match were you at?
They were very good. I hate to admit that but its true. Watch that first goal again. Pace movement vision accuracy . all there
They were by far the best team that has been down here all season.
I didnt think that Mitrovic was that good. Good service yes.
id take Solanke ahead of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024