Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sol Campbell 14:14 - May 16 with 22537 viewsaston_hoop

Thankfully, talksport are never correct are they?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sol Campbell on 15:39 - May 16 with 3914 viewsjoolsyp

At least the article mentions we have already talked to Manning and Newbury. I suppose the question of compensation might come into it but I can’t imagine why they would choose Campbell over those two otherwise?
Sol Campbell on 15:41 - May 16 with 3897 viewssparkey

I know it sounds terrible but if he is appointed Id genuinely reconsider renewing my season ticket. He has no credentials to become our manager other than being mateys with Les. Plus his character trait of being snakey wouldnt sit well at all
Sol Campbell on 15:51 - May 16 with 3786 viewsPhildo

imagine that atmosphere if we lost the first couple of games under him next season. Warburton elevated to Sainthood, Charlie on the radio, The chief doing the odd podcast. You would have to have some sort of kevlar suit to sit in the directors box.
Sol Campbell on 15:52 - May 16 with 3780 viewsdaveB

Every time we need a new manager this story comes up linking us with Campbell along with Sherwood, every time people lose their minds go mad at the club, tweet the owners begging them to reconsider and start saying they won't renew their season ticket and every time it's turned out to be complete nonsense.
Sol Campbell on 15:52 - May 16 with 3773 viewsenfieldargh

Stood behind Sol Campbell in a queue for the till in Sainsburys in Enfield several years ago. Hes an absolute giant. Only had a box of Terrys All Gold to pay for so thats 2 centre backs I want us to have nothing to do with

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sol Campbell on 15:52 - May 16 with 3773 views89_50

Given the quality and potential within the squad, surely it would be hugely damaging to give Campbell a crack at it? Can't imagine him developing Chair or Willock further or helping progress SDM and other.

But maybe I'm being unfair and he's secretly a whizz at developing young talent...
Sol Campbell on 15:55 - May 16 with 3737 viewsDannytheR

Sol Campbell on 15:52 - May 16 by daveB

Every time we need a new manager this story comes up linking us with Campbell along with Sherwood, every time people lose their minds go mad at the club, tweet the owners begging them to reconsider and start saying they won't renew their season ticket and every time it's turned out to be complete nonsense.

If you wanted to credit the club with knowing their way around PR for once, it's a useful bit of expectation management. Let the fans go mental at the news Sol Campbell is in the running so that everyone celebrates the appointment of Manning, Moore or Robinson like they're Klopp by comparison. (Which to be fair, they are.)
Sol Campbell on 16:00 - May 16 with 3682 viewskingsburyR

I'm more qualified to have the role than Campbell.

Having won the league two years in a row with St Albans City Youth Norths Girls U8 / U9 my CV is far more impressive.

They can poke my ST if he is appointed.

#lesgivemeabell

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Sol Campbell on 16:11 - May 16 with 3570 viewsqprxtc

Who needs Sol Campbell we’d rather have Shittu.
Sol Campbell on 16:25 - May 16 with 3420 viewsLythamR

Stuff and nonsense to extract a few bob from punters surely

good luck announcing Sol as new manager and following it up with new season ticket prices
Sol Campbell on 16:45 - May 16 with 3272 viewsNorthantsHoop

The more worrying thing is that it is hard to name top quality British footballers that have made good or great managers in the modern game.
Sol Campbell on 16:47 - May 16 with 3259 viewsdavman

Sol Campbell on 14:59 - May 16 by daveB

Him going for an interview to being a leading contender is a bit of a leap but imagine there is already a meltdown from the usual suspects on social media

... and on here judging by some of the replies...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sol Campbell on 16:49 - May 16 with 3241 viewsToast_R

Yesterday it was the Chelsea Women's coach being touted and people were having that on Twitter. It's all complete bo-lacks.
Sol Campbell on 16:55 - May 16 with 3198 viewsSharpy36

Oh it`s crystal clear now why our youth players only get sent out on loan to the lower divisions, because it`s where we`re heading. Cunning...

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Sol Campbell on 17:24 - May 16 with 3013 viewsQPR_Jim

Sol Campbell on 15:39 - May 16 by joolsyp

At least the article mentions we have already talked to Manning and Newbury. I suppose the question of compensation might come into it but I can’t imagine why they would choose Campbell over those two otherwise?

If it's true that we've interviewed them and are now interviewing Sol then I hope it's a case of looking at the cheaper option to convince them to part with the necessary money/compensation to get the better option.

If it is even true, I don't listen to talksport but it sounds like they work with him, so may just be spreading the rumour to keep him relevant.
Sol Campbell on 17:26 - May 16 with 2995 viewsTGRRRSSS

How on earth is Tactics Tim in the running???

FFS
Sol Campbell on 17:51 - May 16 with 2830 viewsPaddyhoops

In fairness. I always thought he was a well balanced bloke. A chip on both shoulders.
When interviewed ,struck me as someone who had a very high opinion of himself.
Not a fan of his and will take some convincing as credible caniditade for the job.
Sol Campbell on 17:52 - May 16 with 2818 viewsRangersDave

Sooner have Gareth, and give him a chance!
Lord knows he deserve's it.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Sol Campbell on 17:56 - May 16 with 2796 viewsHunterhoop

Has anyone considered this is just us applying the Rooney rule to ourselves and ensuring we have shortlisted and interviewed at least one BAME candidate, and Sol was the only one who applied?

I would be spectacularly disappointed and equally surprised if we appoint him.

Surely it’ll be Manning or Robinson. Both fine with me.
Sol Campbell on 18:27 - May 16 with 2600 viewsWesty75

Sol Campbell on 17:26 - May 16 by TGRRRSSS

How on earth is Tactics Tim in the running???

FFS

There can’t be any truth in either, surely.
Sol Campbell on 18:28 - May 16 with 2583 viewsdistortR

Sol Campbell on 17:56 - May 16 by Hunterhoop

Has anyone considered this is just us applying the Rooney rule to ourselves and ensuring we have shortlisted and interviewed at least one BAME candidate, and Sol was the only one who applied?

I would be spectacularly disappointed and equally surprised if we appoint him.

Surely it’ll be Manning or Robinson. Both fine with me.

we're struggling to pay for one, mate, let alone two.
Sol Campbell on 18:29 - May 16 with 2575 viewsbaz_qpr

Lol - Its the good old Murdoch skybet scam. (yes he might not own them anymore but Flutter are one of its biggest sponsors) the very fact the story suggest they are also speaking to Sherwood should tell you how much bollox there is in there.

Never in a million years is it going to happen, the owners are putting millions of their own money in and are not going to want it flushed down the toilet with such a gamble
Sol Campbell on 18:45 - May 16 with 2456 viewsLazyFan

He probably applied and we interviewed him like anyone else who was a past pro-manager or major player. He will get discarded like the rest.

It's Manning or Eustace as far as I can see.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 18:46]

zzzzzzzzzz

Sol Campbell on 19:17 - May 16 with 2287 views08olesen

No no no!

I would rather Barton or Sherwood then him, and they were at the bottom of the bottom of the barrel before Campbell was mentioned.

For me this appointment (whoever it is) goes far deeper than this.
I just wish we had a DOF who knew what he was doing. It is no surprise that our finances improved when we brought in someone who worked at a well run club like Burnley (before the takeover).

The same thing should be done with the DOF role and the head coach. I hope the owners spread the net and get someone from within the setup at Leicester, Salzburg, Leipzig, Lille, Benfica etc. These clubs have a plan and is financially hugely rewarding. I am not suggesting we go and spend millions, but there must be top brass/junior coaches within those setups that could establish a similar formula here.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Sol Campbell on 19:19 - May 16 with 2271 viewsloftboy

They have probably put his name out there’s a decoy so whoever they appoint we will breathe a collective sigh of relief and say “at least it’s not Sol”

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024