Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sol Campbell 14:14 - May 16 with 22539 viewsaston_hoop

Thankfully, talksport are never correct are they?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sol Campbell on 11:36 - May 17 with 4554 viewsdaveB

Sol Campbell on 10:39 - May 17 by jeffranger

I’m really amazed that we had no one lined up after they decided not to keep Warbs on, I thought the new bloke would be employed instantly, there’s no one really out their that gets you excited to take over the reins, Campbell can F off & would be a disaster & season ticket sales would plummet

It's pretty similar to what we did when Warburton got the job. McClaren went from playoffs to bottom 6 very quickly and went so the club took their time interviewed lots of people and picked Warburton. Look like they are doing the same this time, personally prefer that way of doing it than having someone lined up who might not be the best or most suitable candidate but ultimately it's about who you end up with rather than how it is done.
Sol Campbell on 11:39 - May 17 with 4529 viewsQPR_John

Sol Campbell on 10:39 - May 17 by jeffranger

I’m really amazed that we had no one lined up after they decided not to keep Warbs on, I thought the new bloke would be employed instantly, there’s no one really out their that gets you excited to take over the reins, Campbell can F off & would be a disaster & season ticket sales would plummet

its amazing how people know these things. Maybe the new manager is in a job, under contract, his club still in the play-offs. There are many reasons for a delay in naming a replacement.

But of course if a new manager was announced immediately after Warburton had left I guess many on this board would be criticising the board for having talks while Warburton was still in post.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 11:41]
Sol Campbell on 16:23 - May 17 with 4122 viewsA40Bosh

Please tell me this is a joke?

At best maybe bringing him in for interview along with a few other candidates to at least show willing that there is a process in place for identifying the best candidates and not just approaching one coach you have got your eye on, but who is still in situ until the end of the season and simply offering him the job.

You simply do not go backwards from Warburton to Sol Campbell.

If Sol is appointed then I have suddenly found an extra £600 to upgrade by golf clubs with this summer.

Edit: Sorry am working stupid hours in the US the last week and only just catching up

Any West Hollywood based Rs about who might need to go and drown their sorrows if an announcement is made before I leave on the 26th?
[Post edited 17 May 2022 16:25]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Sol Campbell on 18:06 - May 17 with 3939 viewsR_from_afar

Sol Campbell on 10:17 - May 17 by Antti_Heinola

Dire at Derby. Can't do it under the sort of pressure he'd have at QPR, and would have no interest in moving to London or taking it on.

Look, I think there is no chance of us even considering him or him wanting to come - as I even said - but :
- He has managed for a further 420+ games since he was at Derby
- He was at The Blades for over 100 games, with a win rate of 47.1%.

Not that any of that matters, it won't be him.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sol Campbell on 19:08 - May 17 with 3762 viewskensalriser

It’s gonna be a busy summer for the self righteous brothers.

Oi! Ferdinand! Nooooooooo!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sol Campbell on 20:25 - May 17 with 3599 viewsBushRanger82

Sol Campbell will definitely be the beginning of the end for Les Ferdinand at Rangers.
Sol Campbell on 21:06 - May 17 with 3532 views08olesen

Sol Campbell on 22:54 - May 16 by silverbirch

So, now we are blaming les for an appointment that hasn’t happened.

I think people are frustrated because Warbs was let go and now we are looking for an identical manager to him... but didnt have the patience to stick with him.

And you would have thought someone would be appointed by now in order to deal with the contracts of Barbet et al. Should SC be appointed (which i doubt) it will be the culmination of a poor few weeks off the field for the club and just demonstrates the short term approach we seem to take. When has changing the manager ever been the answer for us.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 21:06]

Poll: Who will the other play off

Sol Campbell on 21:17 - May 17 with 3481 viewsDannyPaddox

Sol Campbell on 16:23 - May 17 by A40Bosh

Please tell me this is a joke?

At best maybe bringing him in for interview along with a few other candidates to at least show willing that there is a process in place for identifying the best candidates and not just approaching one coach you have got your eye on, but who is still in situ until the end of the season and simply offering him the job.

You simply do not go backwards from Warburton to Sol Campbell.

If Sol is appointed then I have suddenly found an extra £600 to upgrade by golf clubs with this summer.

Edit: Sorry am working stupid hours in the US the last week and only just catching up

Any West Hollywood based Rs about who might need to go and drown their sorrows if an announcement is made before I leave on the 26th?
[Post edited 17 May 2022 16:25]

To answer your initial question. Yes its a joke.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 21:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Sol Campbell on 22:55 - May 17 with 3284 viewsDavieQPR

Sol Campbell on 21:06 - May 17 by 08olesen

I think people are frustrated because Warbs was let go and now we are looking for an identical manager to him... but didnt have the patience to stick with him.

And you would have thought someone would be appointed by now in order to deal with the contracts of Barbet et al. Should SC be appointed (which i doubt) it will be the culmination of a poor few weeks off the field for the club and just demonstrates the short term approach we seem to take. When has changing the manager ever been the answer for us.

We are advertising for a Head Coach not Manager. The DOF sorts out contracts. If MW was still on a rolling contract then both sides knew from early March that MWs contract was not being renewed.
Sol Campbell on 23:03 - May 17 with 3251 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sol Campbell on 22:55 - May 17 by DavieQPR

We are advertising for a Head Coach not Manager. The DOF sorts out contracts. If MW was still on a rolling contract then both sides knew from early March that MWs contract was not being renewed.

Which makes the lack of succession planning or credible candidates all the more galling.
Sol Campbell on 01:00 - May 18 with 3156 viewssilverbirch

Sol Campbell on 23:03 - May 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Which makes the lack of succession planning or credible candidates all the more galling.

If they had somebody lined up but couldn’t announce it yet, I don’t think we’d know
Sol Campbell on 01:50 - May 18 with 3137 viewsVancouverHoop

Absolutely this.

The division between head coach and DOF (or General Manager) is one that many English clubs, fans, and coaches are having a hard time adjusting to. But, in truth, it's been gone for some time.

The last old-school manager to have major success was probably Alex Ferguson. There's too much money, and too many interests, in the modern game to put all the decisions in the hands of one person. The head coach is still important for sure, but he works within a framework implemented by the DOF. Who, in turn, is responsible the club board.
Sol Campbell on 09:04 - May 18 with 2953 viewsstantheman10

Sol Campbell on 21:06 - May 17 by 08olesen

The manager doesn't deal with the players contracts that's what the DOF and CEO are for!
Sol Campbell on 09:39 - May 18 with 2852 viewsW7Ranger

Sol Campbell on 14:22 - May 16 by Rangersw12

Warburton to Sol Campbell has there been a bigger downgrade in the last 20 years 🙄
[Post edited 16 May 2022 17:40]

Warnock to Hughes ?

Ollie to McClaren ?
Sol Campbell on 09:58 - May 18 with 2797 viewsNW5Hoop

Sol Campbell on 14:35 - May 16 by Sonofpugwash

It all fits nicely in the box ticking road we appear to be going down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54947127

Because, goodness knows a woman from a South Asian background cannot possibly be capable of holding down a junior coaching role at a moderate football club. Has to be box ticking, yeah? Can't wait till we get those women out of management jobs in companies, and teaching and all that. Box ticking gone mad.
Sol Campbell on 13:16 - May 18 with 2456 viewsdaveB

We were 4th in early March which would have seen his contract automatically extended, I'm not sure anyone saw the collapse to 11th a month later coming

The club are always criticised for short termism but when they take their time to find a new manager they still get stick. The season for us only ended 10 days ago, I find the absolute panic among QPR fans bizarre at the moment. We'll have a new manager in place soon enough then people can rightly get excited/angry about whoever it is
Sol Campbell on 13:29 - May 18 with 2379 viewsderbyhoop

If we react to every bloody rumour in the clickbait media, we'll drive ourselves up the wall.

After Sol Campbell and Sherwood, is there anybody else Ferdinand met in his past that we can add to the list of potential QPR managers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sol Campbell on 13:39 - May 18 with 2330 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sol Campbell on 13:29 - May 18 by derbyhoop

If we react to every bloody rumour in the clickbait media, we'll drive ourselves up the wall.

After Sol Campbell and Sherwood, is there anybody else Ferdinand met in his past that we can add to the list of potential QPR managers.

Keegan! It's about time he was resurrected
(I actually think he would have been a perfect Rangers manager)

Bare bones.

Sol Campbell on 14:20 - May 18 with 2127 viewsDannyPaddox

Dani Behr?
Sol Campbell on 14:25 - May 18 with 2096 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Valerie Singleton?
Sol Campbell on 15:59 - May 18 with 1872 viewsjeffranger

QFan1820
·
May 16, 2022
@davidmcintyre76 Sol Campbell got a decent chance of being appointed?

David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
No
5:30 PM · May 16, 2022
Sol Campbell on 16:16 - May 18 with 1810 viewsTonto

Sol Campbell on 15:59 - May 18 by jeffranger

QFan1820
·
May 16, 2022
@davidmcintyre76 Sol Campbell got a decent chance of being appointed?

David McIntyre
@davidmcintyre76
No
5:30 PM · May 16, 2022

and.... end thread.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Sol Campbell on 16:35 - May 18 with 1721 viewsBerkoRanger

Sol Campbell on 16:16 - May 18 by Tonto

and.... end thread.

and....breathe....
Sol Campbell on 16:42 - May 18 with 1687 viewsqpr1976

Sol Campbell on 16:16 - May 18 by Tonto

and.... end thread.

TFFT
Sol Campbell on 16:48 - May 18 with 1667 viewscharmr

TFFT+1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024