Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 Play-Off Final 09:09 - May 21 with 7522 viewsJames_Paddocks

All Wycombe aren't we?

Especially with the Gareth factor.

Fancy Sunderland to be a threat if they come up. Plus it's hilarious seeing "big" clubs suffer.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:10 - May 21 with 3874 viewsNorthernr

Yes to all of this. As soon as people start talking about clubs that "don't belong at that level" it makes me naturally inclined to hope they stay at that level for a very long period of time.

This post has been edited by an administrator
League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:16 - May 21 with 3833 viewsLythamR

Torn

on the one hand a Wycombe win would be nice for Gazza and some Chairboy friends, however a Sunderland win reintroduces the Newcastle Weekender into next season (hopefully) which would be nice
League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:25 - May 21 with 3801 viewsstowmarketrange

League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:16 - May 21 by LythamR

Torn

on the one hand a Wycombe win would be nice for Gazza and some Chairboy friends, however a Sunderland win reintroduces the Newcastle Weekender into next season (hopefully) which would be nice

It will be a Tuesday night for both games against Sunderland and we all know it will.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:39 - May 21 with 3768 viewstoboboly

League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:10 - May 21 by Northernr

Yes to all of this. As soon as people start talking about clubs that "don't belong at that level" it makes me naturally inclined to hope they stay at that level for a very long period of time.

If Sunderland lose the next "Til I die" is going to be fantastic

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:55 - May 21 with 3715 viewspaulparker

Gutted MK Dons didn’t go up as it was only down the road for me
Pig sick we got Rotherham and Wigan again what totally crap away days they are
So it would be good to have Wycombe come up so we can fill the away end

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:04 - May 21 with 3670 viewsdmm

Absolutely want a Chairboy's win, for Ainsworth, to right the wrongs of Wycombe's 20/21 season and to keep the Mackems in division 1.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:10 - May 21 with 3644 viewsstevec

League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:55 - May 21 by paulparker

True.

I’d also feel a lot more comfortable next season with Wycombe, Wigan and Rotherham coming up. We might lose to them all but others won’t.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:28 - May 21 with 3588 viewsthemodfather

just do not want sunnylund to come up. trash,
Login to get fewer ads

League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:39 - May 21 with 3562 viewsKonk

League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:55 - May 21 by paulparker

There’s some decent pubs in Wigan and Sheffield for an overnighter with Rotherham.

Wycombe - other than it being close to London, I always thought it was a crap away day in terms of pubs etc.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:50 - May 21 with 3533 viewsngbqpr

At one point in the semi, the Sky commentator actually said it was a shame Mackems v Wednesday wasn't the final - he didn't just hint at it in that 'sleeping giant' kind of way, just blurted it out !

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:07 - May 21 with 3483 viewsR_from_afar

Just once, I would love to hear a pundit challenge one of his fellow pundits by going off piste and saying: "You talk about the size of that club and where they "belong". Why don't we just scrap all promotions and relegations, then, and just create the league structure based on size of fan base? A balanced and fair approach which will lead to exciting outcomes. NOT".

A core principle of sport is that you earn success through your performances, not because you are rich and/or popular.

I was gutted when semi-professional Arbroath got knocked out in the semi-finals of the play-offs for the SPL. I even watched the game on the BBC website.

Seeing minnows like Wycombe overachieve is part of the magic of sport and I really hope The Chairboys prevail. It gives other small clubs hope.

Oh, and a Wycombe victory would perhaps show the benefit of sticking with a manager.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:09 - May 21 with 3476 viewsNorthernr

League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:50 - May 21 by ngbqpr

At one point in the semi, the Sky commentator actually said it was a shame Mackems v Wednesday wasn't the final - he didn't just hint at it in that 'sleeping giant' kind of way, just blurted it out !

Some of the commentary for the play off games has been sick. I genuinely don’t think that Championship knobhead will cope if Forest win.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:19 - May 21 with 3447 viewsDWQPR

What should also be considered is that Sunderland are managed by one Alex Neil, obnoxious and unapologetically king of the Shîthousery given his time at Preston. Wycombe for me all day long.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

League 1 Play-Off Final on 12:17 - May 21 with 3328 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:19 - May 21 by DWQPR

What should also be considered is that Sunderland are managed by one Alex Neil, obnoxious and unapologetically king of the Shîthousery given his time at Preston. Wycombe for me all day long.

This. All day long.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League 1 Play-Off Final on 12:38 - May 21 with 3289 viewsLythamR

Not torn anymore

Totally swayed by the arguments above, Wycombe all the way

Will defend Wigan though, pretty decent for pubs and a night out, stadium is better than average with good parking and facilities
League 1 Play-Off Final on 12:59 - May 21 with 3235 viewsHAYESBOY

Just had a friend move up to Wingate so would be a nice weekend away (EFL or SKY fcking it up) if Sunderland come up......but, have to go for Gareth bringing Wycombe up again.

Smells like a trout farm in here

League 1 Play-Off Final on 13:22 - May 21 with 3169 viewshighleverhoopL

League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:09 - May 21 by Northernr

Some of the commentary for the play off games has been sick. I genuinely don’t think that Championship knobhead will cope if Forest win.

You need to clarify for your younger readers, for them I believe "sick" means good...
League 1 Play-Off Final on 13:39 - May 21 with 3099 viewsKonk

Always found Sunderland a friendly away day, know a few Mackems who are lovely people, and their numbers have stood up impressively - averaging over 30k in their 3rd(?) season in the third tier. They also have a crap record at Wembley.

On the flip side, Derby cheated Wycombe out of their spot in the Championship and I’d usually back the underdog.

The Mackems I know don’t think they have a God given right to be in the top divisions, and they’re view is they’ve deserved to be in League one because they’re a badly run club with a shit team. They argue that with a big, loyal support, a 47,000 stadium in a decent sized, football mad catchment area, any semi-competent owners should have them competing at least at the top of the championship. Which seems fair enough. I expect there are more Mackems like that than gobby twa ts on social media banging on about how they belong in the PL.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

League 1 Play-Off Final on 13:43 - May 21 with 3084 viewsted_hendrix

If there's any justice then Wycombe having been shafted last season by rooney's club will and should be promoted back to the league that they deserve to be in (Championship).
The end of last season was a total farce in my opinion as was/Is this season for example the fakes were deducted 12 points at the start of the season but 6 of those points were suspended, for what reason were they suspensed and what's the point of those 6 points being suspended? it's either 12 or 6 points, It's a ridiculous situation either obey the rules of f uck off.

Pissed off with football at the moment and It's stupid rules, as far as this bloke Is concerned the bloody fakes should have been relegated this season with a 12 point deduction but hey ho never mind eh?

Like I say due to Wycombe being shafted last season I hope they win the bloody thing and get promoted back to where they rightfully belong, and remember last season Wycombe fought like mad in their closing fixtures and started to gather the necessary points that would have kept them up only to be cruelly relegated on the last day of the season.

Maybe justice will prevail for once.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

League 1 Play-Off Final on 13:47 - May 21 with 3055 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

League 1 Play-Off Final on 13:22 - May 21 by highleverhoopL

You need to clarify for your younger readers, for them I believe "sick" means good...

Maybe it should have been sick (sic)?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:08 - May 21 with 2999 viewsBedford_R

Wycombe and Gareth for me. I'll never forget going to Rushden & Diamonds when Gareth scored those two wonder goals in that pulsating 3-3 draw. And he is genuinely nice bloke - on the rare occasions I have spoken to him. Always made time to talk to us fans.

So good luck Wild Thing. Hope to be able to applaud you at Loftus Road next season.

RMH_R Reborn

League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:18 - May 21 with 2974 viewspaulparker

League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:09 - May 21 by Northernr

It’s commentary full stop that is just garbage and biased with SKY being the absolute worst of the lot , I really don’t know who their target audience is anymore is it now targeted to morons ?
You have the likes of Carragher and his one sided scouse waffle on Liverpool games I mean it’s so one sided it’s actually toe curling the same with Mcmanaman on BT and then you had the same with Hinchcliffe commentating on the play off game last week and his favouritism of sheff wed
Not to be outdone you then have Prutton and Dawson with Forest
Oh for the days of Elton welsby Brian Moore and big Ron

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:36 - May 21 with 2926 viewsCLAREMAN1995

League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:18 - May 21 by paulparker

It’s commentary full stop that is just garbage and biased with SKY being the absolute worst of the lot , I really don’t know who their target audience is anymore is it now targeted to morons ?
You have the likes of Carragher and his one sided scouse waffle on Liverpool games I mean it’s so one sided it’s actually toe curling the same with Mcmanaman on BT and then you had the same with Hinchcliffe commentating on the play off game last week and his favouritism of sheff wed
Not to be outdone you then have Prutton and Dawson with Forest
Oh for the days of Elton welsby Brian Moore and big Ron

I guess we are lucky having Arlo White and his 2 side kicks Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux on 3 to 4 games a week on the PL package .
However I try and restrain mt desire to throw the remote control at my tv when White shouts " how vital will that goal be in the title race " anytime from August until May .
I might have to turn off the sound tomorrow depending if he is at City or Liverpool's game .
League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:48 - May 21 with 2853 viewsNorthantsHoop

Would be great to see Wycombe go up, but fancy a reason for a trip to Sunderland next season. I have been doing our family ancestry in lockdown and all my male ancestry is Sunderland until the 1860s when my great great grandfather moved the family to Limehouse East London.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:56 - May 21 with 2816 viewsBoston

Wot abaht the National League Play Off, House of York or my namesakes?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024