Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace match thread 13:26 - Jul 23 with 26504 viewsbosh67

I think we may get beaten. I’ll say 2-1 them but would be good if we could hold them.

If we lose…

Beale out
Everyone is rubbish
New signings terrible
Relegation scrap
That Eze lad looks useful

Just some of the things I expect to see if we do lose.

If we win…

Champions League by August or sack everyone

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Palace match thread on 18:42 - Jul 24 with 2186 viewsSK_hoops

Palace match thread on 12:34 - Jul 24 by dmm

I've been a staunch supporter of Dykes until this preseason but have now lost patience with him. I get what you say, and it's a well observed view, but I think he has so consistently failed to do the basic business a No 9 needs to do - even in the friendlies - that I now believe a new signing is needed for us to progress.

Maybe he'll sort out his short comings under Beale. I'd really like to think so as he does have ability.

Yes, it was only H&W but scoring a hat trick isn't exactly failing to do the business.
Palace match thread on 18:56 - Jul 24 with 2102 viewsbaz_qpr

My late two penneth worth

Impressed with Clark Salter.

I thought down the left we were ok down the right we looked short but we knew that already. We lacked dynamism but we have plenty of that to come in, I thought Dozzell and Chair had really poor games, Ilias seemed to be very low on confidence. Dykes was Ok but we need to strengthen up top (though you could see Armstrong taking that spot by the end of the season.

I would not be surprised if we have a poor start and I think we might need to hold our nerve if we do, because you can see what we are trying to do and I think it will come together but we look a long way off ready with the system
Palace match thread on 19:30 - Jul 24 with 2008 viewsStanisgod

Palace match thread on 18:42 - Jul 24 by SK_hoops

Yes, it was only H&W but scoring a hat trick isn't exactly failing to do the business.

Exactly, nail, head, it WAS only H & W. Offered nothing Saturday, waits for the ball to come to him instead of attacking the space and anticipating.
Sorry but just not good enough.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Palace match thread on 19:49 - Jul 24 with 1919 viewsBazzeR

Lost my patience with Dykes a long time ago.

On the odd occasion I’ve seen him play on TV for Scotland the commentators and the half time pundits appear just as underwhelmed with him as many others on here.
Palace match thread on 22:41 - Jul 24 with 1611 viewsfrancisbowles

Palace match thread on 12:42 - Jul 24 by PinnerPaul

If we haven't played 2 up top in all pre season, can't see it happening Saturday and wouldn't be a great idea would it?

It's just a slight tweak to the 433 we have been playing and we have tried it yesterday and I think in part of at least one other game. It is still three forwards, just one is a little deeper. You could also look upon it as a diamond which we have also played a bit in pre season. It's all just slight variations to the formation around the attack and midfield.
Palace match thread on 02:00 - Jul 25 with 1426 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just watched the highlights and without reading all this thread but did Dickie have his worst ever game for QPR.
Not just giving away the penalty but Palace ran through him a few times and he was easily beaten.
He accidently blocked that over head kick by Albert too so it was just not his day.
Hard to love Saha but he is a serious talent
Palace match thread on 07:13 - Jul 25 with 1261 viewsdistortR

Palace match thread on 19:49 - Jul 24 by BazzeR

Lost my patience with Dykes a long time ago.

On the odd occasion I’ve seen him play on TV for Scotland the commentators and the half time pundits appear just as underwhelmed with him as many others on here.

yeah, last time I talked to one of this boards resident Scotland fans, he was somewhat doubting of Dykes.

It's a strange one. I don't mind Bonne, we took a gamble, he's probably not quite good enough for this level. Dykes has got something about him, we've seen it in groups of matches, not just the odd game here and there. But he needs to start delivering consistently and soon.
Palace match thread on 14:13 - Jul 25 with 981 viewsPinnerPaul

Palace match thread on 18:42 - Jul 24 by SK_hoops

or being 'disinterested'

Love to know the reasoning behind why anyone would think he would be 'up' for 45 minutes v Wealdstone but not for Crystal Palace?????!!!

Might have had SOMETHING to do with the quality of defender no?
Login to get fewer ads

Palace match thread on 14:14 - Jul 25 with 975 viewsPinnerPaul

Palace match thread on 22:41 - Jul 24 by francisbowles

It's just a slight tweak to the 433 we have been playing and we have tried it yesterday and I think in part of at least one other game. It is still three forwards, just one is a little deeper. You could also look upon it as a diamond which we have also played a bit in pre season. It's all just slight variations to the formation around the attack and midfield.

Fair enough - well put.
Palace match thread on 15:52 - Jul 25 with 835 viewsderbyhoop

Palace match thread on 12:34 - Jul 24 by dmm

I've been a staunch supporter of Dykes until this preseason but have now lost patience with him. I get what you say, and it's a well observed view, but I think he has so consistently failed to do the basic business a No 9 needs to do - even in the friendlies - that I now believe a new signing is needed for us to progress.

Maybe he'll sort out his short comings under Beale. I'd really like to think so as he does have ability.

If you want a significant upgrade on Dykes, have you got a spare £8m?
That's the going rate for Top (?) quality Championship strikers.
The only 2 who got 20 goals last year were Mitrovic & Solanke.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 15:53]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Palace match thread on 15:53 - Jul 25 with 833 viewskensalriser

Palace match thread on 14:13 - Jul 25 by PinnerPaul

or being 'disinterested'

Love to know the reasoning behind why anyone would think he would be 'up' for 45 minutes v Wealdstone but not for Crystal Palace?????!!!

Might have had SOMETHING to do with the quality of defender no?

Aaargh! It's uninterested, not disinterested, which has a different meaning. Sorry, not your word I know.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Palace match thread on 15:55 - Jul 25 with 822 viewsPinnerPaul

Palace match thread on 15:53 - Jul 25 by kensalriser

Aaargh! It's uninterested, not disinterested, which has a different meaning. Sorry, not your word I know.

No worries, don't mind a bit of English correcting, I do it myself!
Palace match thread on 16:28 - Jul 25 with 747 viewsdmm

Palace match thread on 15:52 - Jul 25 by derbyhoop

You're quite right, derbyhoop and of course we're not going to spend a shedload on a new striker. But we still have to solve the striker problem.

Unless we bring in a loan e.g. Archer, Beale will have to get Dykes playing in others to score if he can't do it enough himself. I won't mind that if it works and, as we saw last season, we can get plenty of goals from around the squad.
Palace match thread on 16:43 - Jul 25 with 693 viewsBazzeR

Palace match thread on 15:52 - Jul 25 by derbyhoop

Joel Piroe signed for Swansea last season for a reported fee of £1.7m and scored 21 Championship goals and a couple more in cup competitions.
Palace match thread on 16:57 - Jul 25 with 649 viewsderbyhoop

Palace match thread on 16:43 - Jul 25 by BazzeR

Joel Piroe signed for Swansea last season for a reported fee of £1.7m and scored 21 Championship goals and a couple more in cup competitions.

Accepted. Some good recruitment from Swansea.
There were 2 others at 20+
Brereton Diaz and Andrea's Weimann.
Neither are available for the peanuts we can throw out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024