Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Match Thread 11:15 - Jul 27 with 50431 viewsDieByYourSide

Come on then, let's have some XIs and predictions.

Dieng
Kakay Dickie JCS Paal
Johansen Field Dozzell
Thomas Chair
Dykes

Subs: Walsh, Dunne, Amos, Adomah, Roberts, Willock, Bonne

Rather Amos and Willock started over Dozzell and Thomas but unlikely due to injuries.

1-1 draw, Chair to score.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:51 - Jul 30 with 2598 viewsWatfordR

I don't think we've looked too bad there, unfortunate with Ozzie's shot and a little unlucky with their goal too, not much you can do about it. They haven't offered much although they grew in confidence a little after they scored.

I'm betting they will look to protect what they have and we'll get opportunities. But there is no denying we'd look more dangerous with a more mobile striker than Dykes.
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:53 - Jul 30 with 2543 viewsDejR_vu

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:49 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

That's 2 written off after 45' - we're going to need a bigger squad!

I know he’s been poor, but not so poor that you didn’t realise he’s been here for the last two seasons, surely? 😉

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:54 - Jul 30 with 2468 viewsDamo1962

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:49 - Jul 30 by stainrods_elbow

Dykes can't play full stop.

Is the correct answer. Usual apologists on here for him though. We need two forwards if we are going to be competitive...as Bonne isn't much better. Let's hope Armstrong will surprise us all.
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:54 - Jul 30 with 2481 viewsdmm

Not read the rest of the thread since kick off but does anyone else think we're playing a bit too narrow when defending?
(No subject) on 15:54 - Jul 30 with 2480 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Half time stats
Score Blackburn 1 QPR 0
Ball possession Blackburn 53% QPR 47%
Goal attempts Blackburn 2 QPR 1
Corners Blackburn 3 QPR 0
Free Kicks 6 each
Yellow Cards 1 each (Dykes)
Offsides Blackburn 1 QPR 3
Total Passes Blackburn 291 QPR 253
Completed Passes Blackburn 247 QPR 210

Current odds
Blackburn 1.35
Draw 5
QPR 16

Let's hope we can turn it around - bring on Armstrong!!!

U R's
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:55 - Jul 30 with 2439 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thought we were a bit naive there and perhaps showed our hand too early. Blackburn just had to bide there time. Going to be difficult to come back now. Very brave play from Seny to deny Breretan-Diaz I thought towards the end of the half.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:56 - Jul 30 with 2416 viewsBoston

Bring on the man from uncle Albert.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:56 - Jul 30 with 2407 viewsactonman

We have done ok with no real goal threat , could have put my house on them scoring with their only real attack so same old format .
Chair needs to get involved in the right areas
Kakay having a decent game
Jojo looking like last years jojo
Dykes I so want to do something just fking something ffs
Dozel keeps playing safe and never going to hurt anyone
We are going to use our 5 subs today as I don’t think that’s our best 11 by a long shot.
Other than the goal , Blackburn look like a steaming pile of sh!te !!
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:57 - Jul 30 with 2351 viewsstanistheman

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:49 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

That's 2 written off after 45' - we're going to need a bigger squad!

Dykes has been written off not on his 1st half performance today, but rather what he has failed to achieve in the previous 2 seasons. Apart from a purple patch alongside Austin he has been very disappointing.

At times he tries and puts himself about causing defenders problems, but other times does not get into good positions, has poor control and misses chances he should score.

As for Dozzell, apart from a few decent passes, he is often anonymous in midfield, but at least in his defence he didn't have a full 1st season in the side, so he still has some time to show what he can do.
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:57 - Jul 30 with 2327 viewsDejR_vu

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:54 - Jul 30 by Damo1962

Is the correct answer. Usual apologists on here for him though. We need two forwards if we are going to be competitive...as Bonne isn't much better. Let's hope Armstrong will surprise us all.

We haven’t had two decent strikers in the seven and a half years this regime has been in place. Getting two in the next month might be a tall order🫤

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:58 - Jul 30 with 2324 viewsaston_hoop

Amos starting for the B team today. Hopefully has him fit enough to replace Dozzell next weekend.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:58 - Jul 30 with 2279 viewsLblock

That 45 was a simple microcosm of QPR.
Nice football in patches
Nothing up top
Poor defending
Some lightweight clueless players in key areas

So we’ve picked up from where we’ve left off

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:59 - Jul 30 with 2286 viewsbaz_qpr

Unlucky to be down to be fair. Dozzell I dont think works in this system and I can't see him in the team once the others are fit. I thought Dykes has done Ok.

Personally I would hook Shodipo who has done Ok but not enough to be a 10 in the championship and put Armstrong in there to cause a bit of chaos but leave Lyndon in the 9 role
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:59 - Jul 30 with 2231 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our shape was OK and we put together the odd attacking move, but not much else. Dozzell doing little more than jogging around and playing 10 yard passes from what I can see - he always looks like he has a bit of his brain missing. Chair hasn't got into the game. Shodipo is skilful and willing, but unpredictable and not necessarily in a good way. Field has charged around and covered a lot of it, and is probably our standout player so far. Dykes is not, never was and never will be good enough at this level, as some of us have recognised from the start. Overall, we look like a team still in transition.

Blackburn didn't do a lot either and are probably fortunate to be ahead. I, too, thought their goal was a bit more saveable than Seny made it look. The game overall, maybe given the early date, has a semi-pre-season feel about it at times, though it's also been scrappily competitive in the middle of the park.

Will be interesting to see how Beale makes use of the now generous number of subs. Anything that makes us work their goalkeeper will be (literally) worth a shot, as we've only had Ossie's woodwork-thwacking effort so far. It's a bit difficult to score a goal otherwise.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:01 - Jul 30 with 2175 viewsonlyrinmoray

I cant offer any comments my sound has been so bad
Blackburn Match Thread on 16:02 - Jul 30 with 2127 viewsgazza1

MB will make subs at half time.....up front we are not good. LD will be very lucky to stay on the pitch, not sure what Shipido is giving us, Dozzell is not too good either.

Kakay is doing well and our best attacking defender, shame about the corner conceded that led to the goal. Comfy at the back.
Blackburn Match Thread on 16:02 - Jul 30 with 2107 viewsVancouverHoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:02 - Jul 30 by gazza1

MB will make subs at half time.....up front we are not good. LD will be very lucky to stay on the pitch, not sure what Shipido is giving us, Dozzell is not too good either.

Kakay is doing well and our best attacking defender, shame about the corner conceded that led to the goal. Comfy at the back.

Sound is better!
Blackburn Match Thread on 16:04 - Jul 30 with 2050 viewslarsricchi

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:01 - Jul 30 by onlyrinmoray

I cant offer any comments my sound has been so bad

The audio does sound like it’s coming through WWII era military radios.

And re: “writing off” Dozzell, my desire for the hook today after 45 is not the same as demanding we tear up his contract
Blackburn Match Thread on 16:04 - Jul 30 with 2028 viewsMedwayR

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:59 - Jul 30 by baz_qpr

Unlucky to be down to be fair. Dozzell I dont think works in this system and I can't see him in the team once the others are fit. I thought Dykes has done Ok.

Personally I would hook Shodipo who has done Ok but not enough to be a 10 in the championship and put Armstrong in there to cause a bit of chaos but leave Lyndon in the 9 role

Good shout, switch to a 4-3-1-2 with Dykes & Armstrong up top, Chair in behind and see how it goes.

Poll: Who’s better?

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:05 - Jul 30 with 2013 viewsPinnerPaul

We're off (again)
Blackburn Match Thread on 16:06 - Jul 30 with 1959 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Bonne and Armstrong for Dykes and Dozzel
Blackburn Match Thread on 16:07 - Jul 30 with 1913 viewsderbyhoop

Almost a Rovers cock up.
Dykes closed down keeper who scuffed clearance to Chair.
Drove at defence before slicing wide.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:07 - Jul 30 with 1903 viewsDorse

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:02 - Jul 30 by gazza1

Didn't Ozzy start out as a wide player? Sure I read that somewhere.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:07 - Jul 30 with 1896 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:06 - Jul 30 by QPR_Pro_Max

Hope or happening?
Blackburn Match Thread on 16:07 - Jul 30 with 1881 viewsDejR_vu

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:06 - Jul 30 by QPR_Pro_Max

We’ll they’re substitutions with chest hair, nice one MB.

Edit: wishful thinking
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 16:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024