Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag 19:41 - Jul 31 with 22348 viewsenfieldargh

holding a qpr flag in the interview

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:17 - Aug 2 with 3385 viewsdaveB

meeting up with Bobby Zamora this morning

[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 15:18]
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:21 - Aug 2 with 3369 viewsdaveB

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 12:00 - Aug 2 by Lblock

First off - I still think womens football as a product and spectacle is woefully short on entertainment and spectacle -- as a rule.

However I did watch the last 40 odd minutes of that game and it's lovely the scorer of the winner is an R.
Saw a great news segment last night where she came back to the family household in Hanwell and it was genuinely touching to see her family, neighbours and especially the flags (From the White City flag in particular) all out to greet her. The family seem proper people and of course are all R's.

Nice to see London Borough of Ealing talking of granting her the freedom of the Borough as recognition.

So despite my opening comment it made me think.... IF our man Southgate had been a bit more of a chap and we'd beaten Italy last year; would we have seen such scenes with the Premier fancy Dan's returning to their roots?
I doubt it.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 12:02]

I think we would have, the mens team are all mostly quite likeable people who have come from humble backgrounds. When you read the back story of players like Sterling, Saka, Kane, Maguire etc they are all just kids who are living their dream and have come through a lot to get to the top
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:25 - Aug 2 with 3338 viewsenfieldargh

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:21 - Aug 2 by daveB

I think we would have, the mens team are all mostly quite likeable people who have come from humble backgrounds. When you read the back story of players like Sterling, Saka, Kane, Maguire etc they are all just kids who are living their dream and have come through a lot to get to the top

Reading Dom Balls book, puts the high glam end into perspective

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:35 - Aug 2 with 3266 viewsNed_Kennedys

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:16 - Aug 2 by daveB

I very much doubt Loftus Road could have been used and if it was an option we'd have snapped their hand of foor the money. I think she was talking more about the big premier league grounds

Would’ve thought Brentford’s shiny new stadium was first choice in our vicinity.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:37 - Aug 2 with 3275 viewsBklynRanger

I was actually in Berlin while the final was on. Was concentrating on seeing the sights tbh (great place), but we were about to wander into a bar to watch the extra time and thought better of it - the atmosphere was a bit tense to say the least. One local chap shouting LOSSSER very angrily at the screen. Balls to them I say.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:42 - Aug 2 with 3244 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/august/chloe-kelly-recreates-bobby-zamora-moment-a
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:49 - Aug 2 with 3220 viewsToast_R

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:17 - Aug 2 by daveB

meeting up with Bobby Zamora this morning

[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 15:18]

Despite the irritating Richard Madeley who can't seem to help himself himself...
that was brilliant. Thanks for posting.

What a legend, true QPR through and through and even has the ACL injury to prove it. Hopefully she'll make an appearance at LR this season and get a huge round of applause.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 16:59 - Aug 2 with 3064 viewsE17hoop

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:49 - Aug 2 by Toast_R

Despite the irritating Richard Madeley who can't seem to help himself himself...
that was brilliant. Thanks for posting.

What a legend, true QPR through and through and even has the ACL injury to prove it. Hopefully she'll make an appearance at LR this season and get a huge round of applause.

Spot on - why should he rename her?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 17:24 - Aug 2 with 2973 viewsdaveB

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 15:35 - Aug 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Would’ve thought Brentford’s shiny new stadium was first choice in our vicinity.

I think they did host one match
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 18:35 - Aug 2 with 2893 viewsJuzzie

What I love about all this is so much focus on QPR and no mention at all of the club she plays for
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 18:37 - Aug 2 with 2887 viewsJuzzie

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 17:24 - Aug 2 by daveB

I think they did host one match

Germany v Austria.

One of the girls at work, who is Swiss and also plays regular football, went along.
She was at the Final too.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 19:25 - Aug 2 with 2749 viewsrobith

Have to say, whilst I love fans embracing her (she is one of her own after all) and personally loving her using her moment in the spotlight to bang on about QPR (wouldn't we all!) - I'm not a huge fan of the club's official channels trying to make hay out of it with their patchy history of support for our women's team tbh
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 19:26]
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 19:47 - Aug 2 with 2711 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 19:25 - Aug 2 by robith

Have to say, whilst I love fans embracing her (she is one of her own after all) and personally loving her using her moment in the spotlight to bang on about QPR (wouldn't we all!) - I'm not a huge fan of the club's official channels trying to make hay out of it with their patchy history of support for our women's team tbh

I've not seen this yet. Did they include her description of us as 'like a pub team'?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 08:52 - Aug 3 with 2388 viewsPinnerPaul

Indeed - resources and all that but the 'report' on the pre season game with Fulham.....well Clive would be deeply ashamed to call it a 'report', put it that way.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 09:48 - Aug 3 with 2299 viewsGroveR

She's done more to cast QPR in a positive light just by association than nearly everyone else has managed in a decade but it's a point well made. I'd hope someone's asking where the next Chloe Kelly is coming through.

The WSL is as full of the big money clubs as you'd expect (although didn't realise Reading were in it, wonder if the wages ratio is comparable to the men's squad) but if Lewes are in WSL2 why aren't other clubs? You'd expect/hope investment in women's football to fall outside FFP.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 10:01 - Aug 3 with 2270 viewsrobith

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 09:48 - Aug 3 by GroveR

She's done more to cast QPR in a positive light just by association than nearly everyone else has managed in a decade but it's a point well made. I'd hope someone's asking where the next Chloe Kelly is coming through.

The WSL is as full of the big money clubs as you'd expect (although didn't realise Reading were in it, wonder if the wages ratio is comparable to the men's squad) but if Lewes are in WSL2 why aren't other clubs? You'd expect/hope investment in women's football to fall outside FFP.

My memory is a bit hazy, but didn't we u turn on paying to be in WSL in 2011ish when in the men's team we were spending a large fortune on players that are now widely reviled as the epitome of what's wrong with football?
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 10:03 - Aug 3 with 2260 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Whatever happened to Doncaster Belles? There were the Barcelona of the Woman’s game at one point weren’t they?
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 10:27 - Aug 3 with 2234 views1MoreBrightonR

From what i gather, when the WSL started, you had to be able to guarantee a certain level of facilities/stadium, and because Doncaster Belles were completely independent of any men's club, they just didn't have the resources so couldn't join. Pretty harsh really.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 10:30 - Aug 3 with 2224 viewsslmrstid

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 10:27 - Aug 3 by 1MoreBrightonR

From what i gather, when the WSL started, you had to be able to guarantee a certain level of facilities/stadium, and because Doncaster Belles were completely independent of any men's club, they just didn't have the resources so couldn't join. Pretty harsh really.

There was a bit of controversy over that wasn't there, because if I remember rightly (and I may not) but they were effectively unceremoniously booted out in favour of Man United because...well Man United are a bigger "name" than Doncaster.

Pretty sure the Belles play at the Keepmoat, or at least the smaller stadium next to it. I was there in May to see The Killers and there badge is adorned on the outside of the stadium along with the mens team and the rugby team.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 11:27 - Aug 3 with 2138 viewsPinnerPaul

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 10:27 - Aug 3 by 1MoreBrightonR

You still do have to meet certain criteria, as well as finishing high enough in the Championship - obviously!
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 12:11 - Aug 3 with 2061 viewsGroveR

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 10:01 - Aug 3 by robith

My memory is a bit hazy, but didn't we u turn on paying to be in WSL in 2011ish when in the men's team we were spending a large fortune on players that are now widely reviled as the epitome of what's wrong with football?

It was linked on another post so credit there http://www.qpr1st.com/news/club-confirm-u-turn-on-ladies-womens-super-league-bid

And if anyone wondered why Chloe Kelly ended up at Man City via Arsenal and Everton, QPR1st could have provided the answer years ago.

"The news means that QPR Ladies, who currently compete in the FA Tesco Women’s Premier League, will likely lose all of its key players to WSL clubs and struggle to attract those of the standard required to play in the league pyramid beneath the WSL after it’s restructured."

QPR Women are currently in a league with Actonian Ladies.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 12:17]
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 12:46 - Aug 3 with 1980 viewshantssi

That was a lovely video, she comes across as a throughly lovely person.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 14:09 - Aug 3 with 1824 viewsPinnerPaul

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 12:11 - Aug 3 by GroveR

It was linked on another post so credit there http://www.qpr1st.com/news/club-confirm-u-turn-on-ladies-womens-super-league-bid

And if anyone wondered why Chloe Kelly ended up at Man City via Arsenal and Everton, QPR1st could have provided the answer years ago.

"The news means that QPR Ladies, who currently compete in the FA Tesco Women’s Premier League, will likely lose all of its key players to WSL clubs and struggle to attract those of the standard required to play in the league pyramid beneath the WSL after it’s restructured."

QPR Women are currently in a league with Actonian Ladies.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 12:17]

4th tier of Women's football - full list of opponents this coming season
1 AFC Wimbledon
2 Actonians
3 Ashford Town (Middlesex)
4 Cambridge City
5 Cambridge United
6 Chesham United
7 Hashtag United
8 Hounslow
9 London Seaward
10 Norwich City
11 Queens Park Rangers
12 Wymondham Town
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 14:12 - Aug 3 with 1800 viewsPinnerPaul

Should say in 2013 the women's team wasn't integrated into the club as it is now.

Long winded story, but basically the first team was completely separate from the girls team, so no progression between the two.

Club a bit slow to integrate as they have now, but in 2013 even if accepted into the league they would have lasted 1 season and not won a match IMHO.
Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 14:33 - Aug 3 with 1765 viewsstowmarketrange

Chloe Kelly scores the winner then holds a qpr flag on 14:09 - Aug 3 by PinnerPaul

4th tier of Women's football - full list of opponents this coming season
1 AFC Wimbledon
2 Actonians
3 Ashford Town (Middlesex)
4 Cambridge City
5 Cambridge United
6 Chesham United
7 Hashtag United
8 Hounslow
9 London Seaward
10 Norwich City
11 Queens Park Rangers
12 Wymondham Town

4 good away trips in that list for me,as long as they don’t clash with my daughters Sunday afternoon league fixtures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024