Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 89984 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 23:29 - Sep 1 with 3752 viewsHayesender

Imagine the Nottingham Forest summer signings doing their initiation songs in the hotel the night before their next away game, it’ll be like fcking Live Aid.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Nottingham Forest on 23:37 - Sep 1 with 3712 viewsDannyPaddox

We did it !
Nottingham Forest on 23:41 - Sep 1 with 3685 viewsconnell10

Nottingham Forest on 23:37 - Sep 1 by DannyPaddox

We did it !

And we got to 10 before the weekend, that's reach fir the sky ......11 please.

Nottingham Forest on 00:39 - Sep 2 with 3587 viewsBenny_the_Ball

21 signings in all this summer. Lovely line on the BBC feed tonight:

Batshuayi to Forest falls through?
Oh oh.

It sounds like Michy Batshuayi's move from Chelsea to Nottingham Forest could be off.

Just the one million signings for Forest this summer then.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 0:42]
Nottingham Forest on 09:15 - Sep 2 with 3370 viewsToast_R

Nottingham Forest on 09:25 - Sep 2 with 3331 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bowler signs for Nottm. Forest for £4m and immediately goes on loan to Olympiakos. There couldn't possibly be anything dodgy going on with that could there?

The grass is always greener.

Nottingham Forest on 09:30 - Sep 2 with 3313 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 09:25 - Sep 2 by Esox_Lucius

Bowler signs for Nottm. Forest for £4m and immediately goes on loan to Olympiakos. There couldn't possibly be anything dodgy going on with that could there?

Also makes rather the mockery of all the client journalism pieces saying Forest absolutely had to do this because they lost so many players. Lost so many players, but two of the new ones they've signed are already on loan to the chairman's other club.
Nottingham Forest on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 3231 viewsqprd

Not sure I see what's wrong with Bowler being loaned out to Olympiakos?

Loads of owners own multiple clubs and loan players between clubs to ensure their development. If you signed Bowler and wanted to loan him out to get game time, would you send him to a team where the manager may change (and the new one may not fancy him), the team may opt to use their own players instead of him, etc OR send him somewhere where you can ensure you can get him playing time at a decent level?

The money in the prem essentially makes FFP irrelevant- but in any case, you cant really game the system too much. Olympiakos wont eat any more than his wages at Forest and any loan fee would have to be on arms length terms (and would be marginal in light of his transfer fee here). Loads wrong with the EFL, but there is nothing wrong with this....

Forest are gambling again, as they did the last few seasons, as did Leeds, as did Wolves before. You unsustainably spend in the hopes of making the Prem and staying there. For Leeds and Wolves, it has worked. For Derby, it has not.
Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 3233 viewsterryb

Nottingham Forest on 09:30 - Sep 2 by Northernr

Also makes rather the mockery of all the client journalism pieces saying Forest absolutely had to do this because they lost so many players. Lost so many players, but two of the new ones they've signed are already on loan to the chairman's other club.

I don't understand the logic of this move. Why place the £4 million on Forest's books rather than Olympiakos being the buying club.

Unless the loan fee is more & Forest show a profit on the deal!
Nottingham Forest on 09:59 - Sep 2 with 3211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nottingham Forest on 09:50 - Sep 2 by terryb

I don't understand the logic of this move. Why place the £4 million on Forest's books rather than Olympiakos being the buying club.

Unless the loan fee is more & Forest show a profit on the deal!

Think you nailed it in your last line, Terry!

Plus, would he have signed for Olympikos on a perm?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nottingham Forest on 10:07 - Sep 2 with 3166 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 09:50 - Sep 2 by qprd

Not sure I see what's wrong with Bowler being loaned out to Olympiakos?

Loads of owners own multiple clubs and loan players between clubs to ensure their development. If you signed Bowler and wanted to loan him out to get game time, would you send him to a team where the manager may change (and the new one may not fancy him), the team may opt to use their own players instead of him, etc OR send him somewhere where you can ensure you can get him playing time at a decent level?

The money in the prem essentially makes FFP irrelevant- but in any case, you cant really game the system too much. Olympiakos wont eat any more than his wages at Forest and any loan fee would have to be on arms length terms (and would be marginal in light of his transfer fee here). Loads wrong with the EFL, but there is nothing wrong with this....

Forest are gambling again, as they did the last few seasons, as did Leeds, as did Wolves before. You unsustainably spend in the hopes of making the Prem and staying there. For Leeds and Wolves, it has worked. For Derby, it has not.

Well the issue with it is everybody who's said "I reckon signing 21 players in one transfer window might be a bit mental mate" has been seized upon on social media by Forest fans and had articles by Forest fan journos on The Athletic rammed down their throats saying that it's all absolutely fine and normal because they lost so many players. That argument rather falls apart when you're signing players just to loan them out immediately. Is this because you lost so many players, or is it, in fact, proper mental?
Nottingham Forest on 10:08 - Sep 2 with 3157 viewsterryb

Nottingham Forest on 09:59 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Think you nailed it in your last line, Terry!

Plus, would he have signed for Olympikos on a perm?

Why not Brian?

One of the top two clubs in Greece & regular qualifyers for European football. I would regard it as a massive step up for him.
Nottingham Forest on 10:14 - Sep 2 with 3132 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nottingham Forest on 10:08 - Sep 2 by terryb

Why not Brian?

One of the top two clubs in Greece & regular qualifyers for European football. I would regard it as a massive step up for him.

You may be right, Terry. Just wondering.

If it was me, I'd go in a hearbeat. And maybe Bowler would have too. But not sure many English footballers would prefer it to Forest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nottingham Forest on 10:53 - Sep 2 with 3068 viewsLazyFan

Nottingham Forest on 10:14 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

You may be right, Terry. Just wondering.

If it was me, I'd go in a hearbeat. And maybe Bowler would have too. But not sure many English footballers would prefer it to Forest.

He gets Prem money, and he's with a Prem club so looks good on his CV, possible appearances in Europe with his loan, and might impress some other euro clubs doing that, maybe one of the middle Italian cubs comes in for him after a season and his off playing in Seria A against Juve and Milans every week.

Or, he goes on loan, it's a flop, but he still gets his Prem monies, still has some stats on his CV for being on loan, is still rated as a quality player at the Champ level and can blame it on cultural differences with the manager and so on.

For Bowler it's a no lose situation, hes made it, and he's got the big one. Well done.

zzzzzzzzzz

Nottingham Forest on 11:00 - Sep 2 with 3044 viewsslmrstid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62758471

- Highest spend by Premier League clubs in a transfer window at £1.9bn, dwarfing the previous record of £1.4bn
- Premier League clubs spend more money than clubs in La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga combined
- Nottingham Forest sign the most players in one summer than any other British club in history (although to be honest I'd query the accuracy of this, we must have been close in the summer of 2001 when broke with 6 players left alone...)

Cost of living crisis, what cost of living crisis?

The overseas clubs must love it when they see a Premier League club honing into view for one of their players, "in the money, we're in the money, so much money..." etc.

Utter nonsense, all of it.
Nottingham Forest on 11:24 - Sep 2 with 2979 viewsToast_R

Bit of a weird one Bowler, just when his career looks like it's on track and he's getting noticed and positive reviews, he makes an obscure move to derail it all. He was never going to get first team football at Everton and now this odd move to another club who he won't get first team football with so he's been farmed off to Greece and starting all over again. Weird. Who is his agent and what does he do?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 11:32]
Nottingham Forest on 12:33 - Sep 2 with 2863 viewsconnell10

We want 11 , when do we want it ? NOW.

Nottingham Forest on 15:57 - Sep 2 with 2696 viewsHantsR

Nottingham Forest on 11:24 - Sep 2 by Toast_R

Bit of a weird one Bowler, just when his career looks like it's on track and he's getting noticed and positive reviews, he makes an obscure move to derail it all. He was never going to get first team football at Everton and now this odd move to another club who he won't get first team football with so he's been farmed off to Greece and starting all over again. Weird. Who is his agent and what does he do?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 11:32]

Why didn't this happen before the Blackpool game?
Nottingham Forest on 17:01 - Sep 3 with 2507 viewsJuzzie

2-0 up at home to Bournemouth.

Lose 2-3

Guffaw!
Nottingham Forest on 17:03 - Sep 3 with 2500 viewsthame_hoops

Nottingham Forest on 17:01 - Sep 3 by Juzzie

Lose 2-3

Guffaw!

Childish I know but I’m loving seeing them lose
Nottingham Forest on 17:11 - Sep 3 with 2445 viewsDWQPR

Lose 2-3

Guffaw!

Result of the day and well done Gary O’Neil. Only second game in charge and he outwits that smug little fûck Cooper. Even Jeff Stirling is taking the piss calling the Florist team legions!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Nottingham Forest on 18:00 - Sep 3 with 2321 viewsJuzzie

Nottingham Forest on 17:03 - Sep 3 by thame_hoops

Childish I know but I’m loving seeing them lose

It’s hilarious and why we’re up to 10 pages.

When a club has acted the way they have been they’re there to be ridiculed.
We got, deservedly, pelters when signing anyone and everyone and making an utter pig’s ear of it. It’s someone else’s turn now.

[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 18:49]
Nottingham Forest on 18:03 - Sep 3 with 2309 viewsRed_Ranger

Lose 2-3

Guffaw!

Sorry but made my day.
Nottingham Forest on 18:29 - Sep 3 with 2239 viewsDannyPaddox

Nottingham Forest on 17:11 - Sep 3 by DWQPR

Result of the day and well done Gary O’Neil. Only second game in charge and he outwits that smug little fûck Cooper. Even Jeff Stirling is taking the piss calling the Florist team legions!

Re: Result Of The Day

Also in contention …

Preston Impenetrables 0 Brum Ball Busters 1

Shockwaves sent around the football world.

Six Deepdale hours have now passed and still no home goal.
Next to visit: Burnley.
Nottingham Forest on 21:09 - Sep 3 with 2065 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Nottingham Forest on 18:29 - Sep 3 by DannyPaddox

Re: Result Of The Day

Also in contention …

Preston Impenetrables 0 Brum Ball Busters 1

Shockwaves sent around the football world.

Six Deepdale hours have now passed and still no home goal.
Next to visit: Burnley.

Watch the Bournemouth equaliser.

"Was it an own goal?"

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024