Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report 01:49 - Aug 8 with 5846 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58164/and-then-i-l
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 02:50 - Aug 8 with 4992 viewsSydneyRs

Superb stuff as always. The Willock goal just gets better every time I watch it.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 07:56 - Aug 8 with 4555 viewsdmm

Following Villa's surprise defeat at home to Leeds, I see one or two in the media are saying Beale really was the brains behind Gerrard.

Maybe, just maybe, we've got the man we so desperately hope he is.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 08:19 - Aug 8 with 4456 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 07:56 - Aug 8 by dmm

Following Villa's surprise defeat at home to Leeds, I see one or two in the media are saying Beale really was the brains behind Gerrard.

Maybe, just maybe, we've got the man we so desperately hope he is.

It was away to Bournemouth but ruined my predictions!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 8:20]
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 08:37 - Aug 8 with 4344 viewsdmm

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 08:19 - Aug 8 by CroydonCaptJack

It was away to Bournemouth but ruined my predictions!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 8:20]

Aaaah, I'm an idiot. Misread the results. Anyway, my point still stands.

Sorry about your predictions.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:08 - Aug 8 with 4185 viewsnix

'And this is how our little bit of the world functions as QPR dangle the biggest, fattest thing you’ve ever wanted in front of your face and then threaten to withdraw it and replace it with an invitation to Boris Johnson’s birthday party.'

Lol!

Fantastic report on a brilliant day out. The kind of day that makes it all worthwhile. And I don't think we can underestimate the importance of Uncs managing those last ten minutes in particular. We really needed that win: the manager, the fans, the Board, the team, the fans... Hopefully that resets us back as a team that's not that easy to beat.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:09 - Aug 8 with 4180 viewskernowhoop

This induced tears and a nose bleed. Must add kitchen roll to the shopping list
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:11 - Aug 8 with 4166 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Unreal.

Thanks man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:11 - Aug 8 with 4164 viewsstevec

Hyper ventilated and had a massive coughing fit when we went 3-0 up, had to rush down and get water.

Was okay in the second half, seems I cope far better in adversity.

Excellent report.
Login to get fewer ads

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 4165 viewsBlue_Castello

Wow that was by far and away one of your best ever, thanks so much it recaptured all the emotions and more, the last half hour was tough but seeing it out was a big part of what has been missing since the beginning of February and as you say a big thank you to Uncle.......no surprise you didn't post until 01:49 do you ever sleep.......
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 9:45]
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:56 - Aug 8 with 3974 viewsmonners1969

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:08 - Aug 8 by nix

'And this is how our little bit of the world functions as QPR dangle the biggest, fattest thing you’ve ever wanted in front of your face and then threaten to withdraw it and replace it with an invitation to Boris Johnson’s birthday party.'

Lol!

Fantastic report on a brilliant day out. The kind of day that makes it all worthwhile. And I don't think we can underestimate the importance of Uncs managing those last ten minutes in particular. We really needed that win: the manager, the fans, the Board, the team, the fans... Hopefully that resets us back as a team that's not that easy to beat.

Spat my cuppa tea out at that one - superb from Clive - currently contemplating driving to Sunderland on Saturday
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 10:00 - Aug 8 with 3946 viewsEsox_Lucius

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 09:08 - Aug 8 by nix

Lol!

I was talking to Albert after the game, for about 10 mins or so, and I mentioned the shithousing. He laughed and said "and it wasn't me who got booked". He is just a guy living his best life. I also mentioned that I had seen Stan score a panenka penalty in front of the Loft (I think it was some 1/2 time entertainment with Marsh) and he asked me did that mean I wanted him to score one. I said of course, it doesn't matter what the score is, it's only a game. I don't imagine for one minute it will ever happen but if it does, it never happened, I don't know what you are talking about... unless he scores and it's the winner.

The grass is always greener.

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 10:09 - Aug 8 with 3900 viewsParkRoyalR

Great report and the Willock 80 yard defensive sprint late on was a great spot and arguably won us all 3 points - that lad really does deliver the key moments in games.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 10:22 - Aug 8 with 3852 viewsdaveB

I had to follow the game on my phone and it was absolute torture, when it got to 3-1 just knew what sort of game it was going to be. Suffering every feeling of doubt and panic you get in these kind of games whilst not being able to watch it and the only updates being texts from mates at the game going from we look brilliant, you are banned from coming again to saying "We're bang in trouble here" it was horrific. The family all gathered round to sing Happy Birthday to my niece whilst I stare angrily at phone muttering how much injury time!!

Great win though and something this team badly needed.
First time we've won a game without a very late or last minute winner since we beat Reading in January
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 10:35 - Aug 8 with 3797 viewsPunteR

Better..? ;)

Great report. Lovely stuff. Gutted I couldn't go. The seating arrangement bit made me laugh.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 11:08 - Aug 8 with 3644 viewsderbyhoop

Clive has got his mojo back.
And if anything could do it, it was a game like that with all the highs, lows, entertainment.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 11:13 - Aug 8 with 3632 viewsderbyhoop

Clive has got his mojo back.
And if anything could do it, it was a game like that with all the highs, lows, entertainment.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 11:30 - Aug 8 with 3580 viewsslmrstid

Sounds like the game was gloriously chaotic. I missed it all Saturday and only saw the score as I was in Birmingham all day for the CWG. Looking forward to getting back home next week for Blackpool all being well, although the travel from here will be painful.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 12:23 - Aug 8 with 3399 viewsBAWHoops

How have you got 44 games left in your locker after that!?

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 13:21 - Aug 8 with 3175 viewseastside_r

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 10:00 - Aug 8 by Esox_Lucius

I was talking to Albert after the game, for about 10 mins or so, and I mentioned the shithousing. He laughed and said "and it wasn't me who got booked". He is just a guy living his best life. I also mentioned that I had seen Stan score a panenka penalty in front of the Loft (I think it was some 1/2 time entertainment with Marsh) and he asked me did that mean I wanted him to score one. I said of course, it doesn't matter what the score is, it's only a game. I don't imagine for one minute it will ever happen but if it does, it never happened, I don't know what you are talking about... unless he scores and it's the winner.

Straight to pens after 90 like last year at Orient. Draw is a possibility at Charlton tomorrow.

We might get to see this earlier than you thought.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 13:25 - Aug 8 with 3159 viewsHadders

Thought of quoting my favourite bits of this but then realised I'd end up copying the entire thing. What a game, and what an essay. That's why I pay a little bit for the Patreon thing now, even though I don't really use it. Reading writing as well-informed, warm, observant, sharp and witty as this without paying something feels wrong.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 13:51 - Aug 8 with 3057 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive, captured the day nicely!

Bit harsh on the ref, no KMI (Key Match Incidents) wrong in your view and mine.

Don't like 'just about' got one advantage right, could just as well say 'just about' got the Illias one wrong - but there we go, can't agree on everything.

Wilder's rant sums up why referees, at all levels, are so reluctant to speak to managers.

They all claim to want 'just a word' or to 'just ask a question', when really all they want to do is have (another) rant about a decision or three!

Can't quite believe he can't see the hypocrisy of accusing the referee of making comment on his and his team's coaching (which he didn't anyway!) but think its perfectly fine to rant on about the referee's performance.

You coach/manage, let the referees referee matey!

Anyway lets finish on a positive - great day - you know what; Boro's 2 goals actually made it more enjoyable in the end - through adversity and all that - but agree, it WAS exhausting to watch!

Thanks again.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 15:51 - Aug 8 with 2774 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amazing report. Have it on good authority that Illy read your preview and had a word with the lads: 'we can't have this, boys, let's do one for old time's sake, yeah?'
He's now furious you only gave him a 6 despite being the only one in the team bar Kakay not out on his feet by the 75th minute.

Bare bones.

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 16:20 - Aug 8 with 2673 viewsNorthernr

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 13:51 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

Thanks Clive, captured the day nicely!

Bit harsh on the ref, no KMI (Key Match Incidents) wrong in your view and mine.

Don't like 'just about' got one advantage right, could just as well say 'just about' got the Illias one wrong - but there we go, can't agree on everything.

Wilder's rant sums up why referees, at all levels, are so reluctant to speak to managers.

They all claim to want 'just a word' or to 'just ask a question', when really all they want to do is have (another) rant about a decision or three!

Can't quite believe he can't see the hypocrisy of accusing the referee of making comment on his and his team's coaching (which he didn't anyway!) but think its perfectly fine to rant on about the referee's performance.

You coach/manage, let the referees referee matey!

Anyway lets finish on a positive - great day - you know what; Boro's 2 goals actually made it more enjoyable in the end - through adversity and all that - but agree, it WAS exhausting to watch!

Thanks again.

Most of the way through the full 90 now and I make you right I think so probably going to up him to a 6.
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 16:49 - Aug 8 with 2556 viewsterryb

At half time I said that this match was far from over & fully expected a second 'boro goal at the start of the second half.

However, after they scored that, I thought we looked quite comfortable defensively. We saw that the assistant had flagged for offside before Giles(?) squared the ball across goal, so even that was relaxed!

Although it was nowhere as blatant as the Brighton penalty, if Dunne doesn't score it should have been a penalty for the defender holding Dickie & then pushing him toward the 'keeper. Not that one would have been given!
And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 17:18 - Aug 8 with 2465 viewsPinnerPaul

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see - Report on 16:20 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Most of the way through the full 90 now and I make you right I think so probably going to up him to a 6.

Thanks, no need to though,its all subjective after all.

I've only watched 1st 41' so far.

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, it a 1 game ban, so DOGSO it was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024