Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of the road... 22:02 - Aug 9 with 9858 viewsbaz_qpr

Hamalainen, Shodipo, Thomas, Bonne

Last chance saloon: Dozzell

Front of the Queue and new first sub: Sinclair Armstrong

I hope that is what Beale learnt tonight
End of the road... on 22:06 - Aug 9 with 4429 viewsMatch82

Thought Shodipo was quite bright when he came on
End of the road... on 22:07 - Aug 9 with 4406 viewsParkRoyalR

End of the road... on 22:06 - Aug 9 by Match82

Agree, believe Shodipo has end product which is a rare commodity in the Championship.
End of the road... on 22:11 - Aug 9 with 4364 viewsVancouverHoop

End of the road... on 22:06 - Aug 9 by Match82

I agree. He made a couple of horrendous crosses – including a corner. But overall looked lively. I've always believed there's a footballer there, he's mostly had really rotten luck with injuries.
End of the road... on 22:12 - Aug 9 with 4350 viewsbaz_qpr

End of the road... on 22:07 - Aug 9 by ParkRoyalR

Agree, believe Shodipo has end product which is a rare commodity in the Championship.

I did not see any end product, Roberts, Richards, Adomah, Chair, Willock and Armstrong I would have ahead of him in the 10 role, I just dont see where he fits other than in the reserves, with Thomas, Niko etc
End of the road... on 22:17 - Aug 9 with 4293 viewsplasmahoop

I thought shodipo was decent too. But agree with the rest of them.
End of the road... on 22:28 - Aug 9 with 4170 viewsstanistheman

I would try and get all 5 of those out if I could. Although perhaps a little harsh on Bonne
given the lack of service to him tonight.

Thomas held on to the ball too long or misplaced his passes, and Dozzell was even worse.

As for the full backs getting forward and putting crosses into the box, that didn't happen, so not really sure what more Bonne could have done anyway (apart from not getting caught offside so much).

But anyone who thinks we have enough in reserve needs to go to Specsavers and that includes Beale and Ferdinand.
End of the road... on 22:43 - Aug 9 with 4048 viewsozranger

Dream as much as you want, Paal, Willock and Amos are all out as well for the Sunderland game, according to MB in his post-match interview. So, these will be in the squad on Saturday.
End of the road... on 22:53 - Aug 9 with 3997 viewsconnell10

End of the road... on 22:43 - Aug 9 by ozranger

Dream as much as you want, Paal, Willock and Amos are all out as well for the Sunderland game, according to MB in his post-match interview. So, these will be in the squad on Saturday.

Omg

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

End of the road... on 23:05 - Aug 9 with 3915 viewsAntti_Heinola

yeah all very well going 'ship them out' but with a squad as small and thin as ours, there's almost no one we can let leave without new blood, certainly not 5 of them.

Bare bones.

End of the road... on 23:06 - Aug 9 with 3907 viewsbosh67

I think Bonne and Shodipo are okay. Neither were bad tonight. Both can play and certainly weren’t guilty parties tonight.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

End of the road... on 23:13 - Aug 9 with 3873 viewsSouthallRanger

Lots of performances from backup players sounds concerning especially as injuries are already building to our thinish squad.

Also what are people making of chairs form. Is he in danger of losing his place to Roberts once willock is fit? There is also the threat of Richard’s to his place once he finally leaves the doctors office

And lastly from the sounds of it, Armstrong might be making a case of getting ahead of bonne. Crazy as the guy still hasn’t scored a goal for us. Hopefully that will come soon.
End of the road... on 23:15 - Aug 9 with 3859 viewsbosh67

End of the road... on 23:05 - Aug 9 by Antti_Heinola

yeah all very well going 'ship them out' but with a squad as small and thin as ours, there's almost no one we can let leave without new blood, certainly not 5 of them.

I said on Saturday that I thought Willock seized up about 10 minutes before he was taken off. Amos no idea. He ran the game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

End of the road... on 23:21 - Aug 9 with 3815 viewsWegerles_Stairs

End of the road... on 23:13 - Aug 9 by SouthallRanger

Lots of performances from backup players sounds concerning especially as injuries are already building to our thinish squad.

Also what are people making of chairs form. Is he in danger of losing his place to Roberts once willock is fit? There is also the threat of Richard’s to his place once he finally leaves the doctors office

And lastly from the sounds of it, Armstrong might be making a case of getting ahead of bonne. Crazy as the guy still hasn’t scored a goal for us. Hopefully that will come soon.

Roberts looked fantastic tonight. Armstrong too. I'd stick up for Shodipo too - thought we looked a different proposition going forward once the three of them came on.

Dozzell is the one that infuriates me. He played a superb ball in the second half, but most of the time strolls around like it's a testimonial. Tonight was the kind of match when you seize your opportunity.
End of the road... on 23:22 - Aug 9 with 3815 viewsdmm

Unfortunately, end product is precisely what Hamalainen, Shodipo, Thomas and Bonne struggle to produce. Dozzle isn't much better. But, as has been said, we're going to have to use them because injuries are mounting.

What is it with us and injuries this year?
End of the road... on 23:22 - Aug 9 with 3814 viewsHunterhoop

I’m not suggesting the players you name are good enough for Championship football, but they weren’t really the issue today; it was played out in front of us.

First half front 3 were slow, lazy, and created nothing. Chair, Bonne, Adomah came off and Roberts, Armstrong, Shodipo came on and looked SO much livelier.

Yes, Niko and Thomas were very poor, but I have to question wtf the first half front 3 were up to.

Chair needs to up his game. Roberts looked a class above when he came on. Armstrong makes stuff happen; he’s direct, makes good runs, and has pace. Even Shodipo was beating his man, getting to the byline. We need Chair to improve. He is one of our key players, one of our more experienced and higher paid. He’s our number 10. He doesn’t need to beat 5 players and do it all himself, but he needs to create more, mainly through playing it earlier.

Sunderland away with that back 4 is going to be tough. I think Beale has to go with pace in the front three so we can hit them on the break. I’m sure it’ll be Field, Johansen and Dozzell in the middle, but there’s a case to be made for playing Roberts, Dykes and Armstrong. I’d still go with Chair for the latter, but he has got to understand he needs to get his head up and play it earlier.
End of the road... on 00:02 - Aug 10 with 3720 viewsdaveB

I thought Shodipo did well.

Hamalainen getting pelters as usual but didn't think he did much wrong

Thomas, Chair and Dozzell all far bigger problems, Chair was awful
End of the road... on 00:11 - Aug 10 with 3674 viewsplasmahoop

Shocking bit of tracking back by Roberts that led to the corner and their goal though. Ultimately though we shouldn't have started playing for the corner flag on about 84 minutes with those little triangles and just tried to keep playing. And I'm not a qualified keeping coach, but what is it with keepers and penalties that move forwards off the line and flop on the floor. So many of them do it
End of the road... on 00:25 - Aug 10 with 3643 viewsbaz_qpr

I think the case for the defence with Chair is that he did not train all last week and has a week old baby and that is going to impact both physically and mentally.
End of the road... on 00:34 - Aug 10 with 3619 viewsBoston

End of the road... on 00:25 - Aug 10 by baz_qpr

I think the case for the defence with Chair is that he did not train all last week and has a week old baby and that is going to impact both physically and mentally.

FFS Chair, stop with the extramarital stuff, we have you on contract!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

End of the road... on 00:55 - Aug 10 with 3558 viewseastside_r

Quite surprised that we have not had a ‘Les Out’ thread from the usual suspects.
End of the road... on 01:14 - Aug 10 with 3517 viewsDavieQPR

It's all right saying get rid of them but nobody wants them. Most had bad loans at lower division clubs.
End of the road... on 01:30 - Aug 10 with 3503 viewsLazyFan

I agree, ship that lot out.

Niko only likes going forward and you can see he hates to defend. This was a L1 team and he did not want to even play. Ship him out he's toast.

Shodipo was not really taking it to them. Can he tackle? Make he can be a LWB.

Thomas was really poor, this should have been his game to excel. But really if he cannot do well against an L1 team then he's at that level and not champ.

Bonne did little, you think against his old club he would be up for it. No wonder they wanna flog him. Sinclair showed him how it was done and he's only 19.

Dozzell could not carry the attack from midfield, but interesting played better when the more senior players came on. I would say give Dozzell a few more chances as we know he can thread a ball but needs to do it more often.

Armstrong needs to be given more mins, he's doing the do and that's at 19.

zzzzzzzzzz

End of the road... on 01:32 - Aug 10 with 3506 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought Chair was really poor tonight. Didn't seem to want to be out there.

I think there is a player in Dozzell. Don't understand the hate. Didn't think he was any worse than half the team tonight.
Thomas, Bonne and Nikko also not good tonight. Adomah as well.

Plus side I thought Sinclair didn't look out of place at this level. Roberts showed glimpses of what he can bring. Shodipo was ok, final ball lets him down.

Smells like a trout farm in here

End of the road... on 04:38 - Aug 10 with 3406 viewsMalintabuk

End of the road... on 23:05 - Aug 9 by Antti_Heinola

That in a nutshell.... ship them out to who? Firstly as the club have said if they loan someone out they want the players salary paid in full.... not going to get many clubs lining up to do that.
Secondly letting them go on a free.... doubt if a championship club is coming in for any of them.... so the salaries will be an issue.
Thirdly I doubt anyone wants them.
My first game last night and read the match thread and it was a woeful game. First 50 odd minutes was dreadful and only got better when he took off the front 3.
Our stand out player is not even one of ours.... but a good positive was Armstrong and must get more time.
Any other positives not really
I said on another thread that I'm not sure if this was the right job for MB ...... I think cutting your teeth as a manager at QPR is an impossible ask. All his other appointments have been at clubs with an abundance of riches in players and here well there isn't
I hope I'm wrong about this but I can't see this being a long term appointment
Though disappointed about the result, losing again in the cup.... we could have quite easily sneaked through, and would we have gone home happier..... possibly.
But the cold hard reality is that apart from a few decent players we are not a very good team and if we reach mid table then MB will have done a good job in my opinion
We have to see if we can get some more in... which is going to be difficult.... and if we don't then, we'll it is going to be a hard season
Sunderland decided not to go.... not on last night, but due to family commitments. I would take a 0-0 now....
End of the road... on 07:53 - Aug 10 with 3124 viewsDejR_vu

End of the road... on 00:55 - Aug 10 by eastside_r

Quite surprised that we have not had a ‘Les Out’ thread from the usual suspects.

Perhaps that’s because you refuse to accept why the thread was posted?

Deary me
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 7:56]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024