Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 109236 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 18:03 - Oct 19 with 3142 viewsHunterhoop

Mick Beale on 17:25 - Oct 19 by ThGrimRanger

currently 1/10 on with SkyBet. the optimist in me is pleased they're still taking bets.

Big shame. Liked him a lot. If true and ge leaves us, I do think it’s quite sh*tty behaviour towards a club who have given you your first shot at a managerial role and the platform to push on from. It is also more than a little arrogant. If he went at the end of the season I would completely get it.

The financial arguments are redundant with the salary he’s on and his undoubted confidence in his own ability to have a sustained successful career at this level or above.

And I say all this as someone that really likes him, thought he’d be a good manager for us, and thinks he’s doing an excellent job.

But Les and Hoos have got the last two appointments bang on, so I have faith in them doing it again.
Mick Beale on 18:04 - Oct 19 with 3120 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 15:53 - Oct 19 by ThGrimRanger

its been quoted from a daily mail journalist (i know, i know, daily fail, etc) that Beale's release clause was 1 million pounds

really hoping that's wrong but knowing us probably correct

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/financial-details-shared-as-wolves-move-for-ke

If that's true, then that's a shocking bit of negotiation by the board for an untried and untested manager.
Mick Beale on 18:05 - Oct 19 with 3121 viewsStanisgod

Mick Beale on 17:40 - Oct 19 by actonman

If he goes I will be in a unique position for the first time in my life of wanting Chelsea to win a game when they play them

Ffs !

Ditto, hope they crash and burn and hes out by Feb .

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mick Beale on 18:05 - Oct 19 with 3115 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mick Beale on 17:50 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

What's odd about the first article is that it states:

"Wolves were thoroughly impressed by Beale during recent talks with the boss and there is confidence that a deal will be struck with QPR to bring him in by the weekend."

However, Mick said in yesterday's interview that neither Les nor he have received an approach from Wolves.

I think Mick Beale said he hadn't had 'direct' contact with them or something like that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mick Beale on 18:05 - Oct 19 with 3106 viewsRed_Ranger

will he be there tonight ?- I doubt it
Mick Beale on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 3066 viewsbosh67

It is a bit distracting that BBC are running the story. It all seems designed to screw up our game tonight. Would be great if Mick comes out and says he’s not interested before the game tonight.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mick Beale on 18:08 - Oct 19 with 3014 viewsdistortR

fuk
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 18:09]
Mick Beale on 18:09 - Oct 19 with 2952 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 16:31 - Oct 19 by davman

wow; they move quickly.

yesterday mid-afternoon no-one had spoken to him, but today, when he has been (presumably) preparing for tonight's game, he's managed to find time to impress them.

As always, it don't add up

Either, the club has given him permission to go talk to Wolves and he has taken his prepared Power Point Presentation to an Interview, or no permission was granted, he's not spoken to them and the article is bollox.

If he is in the dugout tonight, I think he'll be around for a while; if not, he's off.

But who bloody knows? Not looking forward to tonight after spending most of the week looking forward to it. This lot keep doing it, don't they...?

If it's all bollards, the club needs to show some balls and make an announcement. I'm not holding my breath.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 18:11 - Oct 19 with 2894 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 16:56 - Oct 19 by WestbourneR

Anyone digging him out for this is just stupid.

Wolves came for him of course he has to take it.

Are you even a QPR fan? With fans like you, who needs enemies?

Mick Beale on 18:12 - Oct 19 with 2888 viewsQPR_Jim

Mick Beale on 18:02 - Oct 19 by dmm

Just one thought from me so far.

Loyalty is extremely rare in modern football, just like for the vast majority of jobs. I don't expect players or managers to be loyal.

However, I do expect a high degree of honour from managers and players, that is acting with integrity and respect for others.

Should Beale go to Wolves after signing a 3 years contract and leaving less than 3 months into the season, that would be acting without any honour whatsoever.

Agreed,

In any case I think he should take his time develop as a manager a bit more before putting himself under the spotlight of Premiership football. He's just got out manoeuvred by Nathan Jones for God sake, still stuff to learn.

If he decides to go fine, I won't boo him if/when we play one of his team's or wish him bad luck. But similarly I wouldn't look out for his results like I would with Eze.
Mick Beale on 18:13 - Oct 19 with 2877 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 18:11 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

Are you even a QPR fan? With fans like you, who needs enemies?

Makes me wanna puke .....fu ckin g goody two shies shite!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 18:16 - Oct 19 with 2794 viewsbosh67

Mick Beale on 18:12 - Oct 19 by QPR_Jim

Agreed,

In any case I think he should take his time develop as a manager a bit more before putting himself under the spotlight of Premiership football. He's just got out manoeuvred by Nathan Jones for God sake, still stuff to learn.

If he decides to go fine, I won't boo him if/when we play one of his team's or wish him bad luck. But similarly I wouldn't look out for his results like I would with Eze.

Yes considering Saturday why don’t Wolves want Jones?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mick Beale on 18:17 - Oct 19 with 2751 viewsQPRSteve

Worrying that the BBC seem to think he will be in charge of Wolves' next game. I hope he shows some integrity and stays. If he continues performing as he has so far then he will probably have a cluster of premier league clubs after him in the summer.

My other fear if he does go is that he may raid us in January for our prize players.
Mick Beale on 18:17 - Oct 19 with 2750 viewsQPR_Jim

Mick Beale on 18:03 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

Are you for real? Running a football club means protecting your assets, so please stop being obtuse.

Upsetting players or managers by keeping them when they want to leave isn't protecting your assets.

Agree the best deal possible for the club, leave the decision to the manager/player then replace him if he decides to leave.
Mick Beale on 18:17 - Oct 19 with 2713 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 16:49 - Oct 19 by 89_50

Managers have been and gone. Few great, many crap. If he indeed does go, perhaps he'll try and buy a couple of our lot and inject some much needed funds into the bucket. It could be the making of our future.

Jesus wept - you couldn't make it up! Why don't we get Lee Hoos to drive him to Wolverhampton personally, sign the back of a fag packet to buy Willock, Chair and Seny for 10m all in as he gets out the car, and appoint Mickey Mouse?

Mick Beale on 18:21 - Oct 19 with 2663 viewsSouthend_Rss

Wolves making a 120million pound decision on a championship manager, who has won 7 games out of his first 14 games with pretty much a squad he inherited. It’s a step up if he goes. But a massive risk for Wolves too.
Mick Beale on 18:24 - Oct 19 with 2561 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 17:11 - Oct 19 by QPRcounsellor

If I was in a well paying job (over £1m a year)with people who'd taken a punt on me, and I'd recruited my own staff and sweet talked them to move across the country to better their careers with me, and my family lived in London, and I was enjoying myself and building something with the potential to move to even better things in a year or two, and some new company in a different part of the country offered me double to manage them, I'd stay where I am. But that's just me.

And you can add to that 'if I'd made a public statement on official club channels a day or so before reiteratiing my commitment to the club (albeit it 'for the moment')', but that's just me too - old-fashioned.

Mick Beale on 18:30 - Oct 19 with 2432 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure I'm buying any of this as fact just yet, but initial thoughts are:

1) If he's so much as batted his eyelids at another club after signing his first ever contract just a wet week ago then that reflects very poorly on him, and

2) We would survive either way. Let's not beatify the lad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 18:33 - Oct 19 with 2362 viewspaulparker

Not only does Beale look like a weasel he actually acts like one as well
All this talk about integrity , honesty etc is just lies from his mouth , fcuk him I hope he crashes and burns and Wolves get relegated
Oh and I hope his next Sh1t is a porcupine as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mick Beale on 18:37 - Oct 19 with 2250 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 18:17 - Oct 19 by QPR_Jim

Upsetting players or managers by keeping them when they want to leave isn't protecting your assets.

Agree the best deal possible for the club, leave the decision to the manager/player then replace him if he decides to leave.

You're assuming he does want to leave. The club could simply refuse to allow Wolves to speak to him, and if QPR have any pride, they should. If Hoos and Les have shot the club in the foot by somehow allowing a release clause in that can be activated after 3 months in post, they're clearly not competent and should walk. Mind you, I'm sure there'd still be some bellends here trying to tell us that we're lucky to have him/them.

Mick Beale on 18:38 - Oct 19 with 2230 viewsDamo1962

Mick Beale on 18:33 - Oct 19 by paulparker

Not only does Beale look like a weasel he actually acts like one as well
All this talk about integrity , honesty etc is just lies from his mouth , fcuk him I hope he crashes and burns and Wolves get relegated
Oh and I hope his next Sh1t is a porcupine as well

Don't hold back fella 😉👍
Mick Beale on 18:40 - Oct 19 with 2165 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 18:03 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

Big shame. Liked him a lot. If true and ge leaves us, I do think it’s quite sh*tty behaviour towards a club who have given you your first shot at a managerial role and the platform to push on from. It is also more than a little arrogant. If he went at the end of the season I would completely get it.

The financial arguments are redundant with the salary he’s on and his undoubted confidence in his own ability to have a sustained successful career at this level or above.

And I say all this as someone that really likes him, thought he’d be a good manager for us, and thinks he’s doing an excellent job.

But Les and Hoos have got the last two appointments bang on, so I have faith in them doing it again.

I was 100% with you and then you went and wrote your last unfathomable sentence. If Beale goes now, are you really standing by that?

Mick Beale on 18:41 - Oct 19 with 2141 viewsLongRanger

After what he said yesterday, this would be a huge U turn, Truss style, I just cant see it, not until its confirmed, he cant say that yesterday and go today.
Mick Beale on 18:43 - Oct 19 with 2088 viewsQPR_Jim

Mick Beale on 18:37 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

You're assuming he does want to leave. The club could simply refuse to allow Wolves to speak to him, and if QPR have any pride, they should. If Hoos and Les have shot the club in the foot by somehow allowing a release clause in that can be activated after 3 months in post, they're clearly not competent and should walk. Mind you, I'm sure there'd still be some bellends here trying to tell us that we're lucky to have him/them.

"You're assuming he does want to leave" Yeah because it's the only scenario in which it matters that you've let a club talk to him. Do you know what happens when you let a club talk to a manager who doesn't want to move? He stays.

The rest of the stuff about Les and Hoos is what you always say, everything is their fault and they should go and if you disagree you're a bellend now.
Mick Beale on 18:44 - Oct 19 with 2049 viewsGloryHunter

Mick Beale on 18:04 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/financial-details-shared-as-wolves-move-for-ke

If that's true, then that's a shocking bit of negotiation by the board for an untried and untested manager.

It would be up to Beale and his agent to negotiate his contract with QPR. He might not have wanted to sign up to a bigger release clause, as it could have restricted his options if ever he wanted to move on to another club. Why does everything have to be seen as a mistake by our Board, or Lee or Les? In any contract negotiation, both sides have experts advising them and protecting their interests.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024