Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom 12:13 - Nov 4 with 33083 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I have been happily reading those threads for years hanging on every word Brian types and watching the usual suspects cheer , cry , vent and either celebrate or lash out haha.
Its my time to jump in and set one up hopefully its lucky because I am not .
QPR 3 WBA 0
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 20:52 - Nov 5 with 2649 viewsHarbour

Started slowly and were bossed by WBA first 30 mins. Was very little between the 2 sides we were a bit poorer than them but both sides just 2 shots on target. Looked like a 0-0 all day long but for the free kick and looked like Balogun lost him to the header and that was that as we created nothing after they scored. Not sure there was much in the pen shout when Albert went down but interested if any one else saw it better and had a different view. But if a shame as big crowd and it went a bit flat. Still 5th so not the end of the world hopefully Mick can get them lifted for Hudders …
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 20:58 - Nov 5 with 2594 viewsHammersmithR

We were simply poor today. The ref didn’t help. Missing Johansen is massive. He’s our captain and gets stuck in. They were time wasting and did nothing about it. Seny had nothing to do today. Ref was poor. We definitely had 2 nailed on pens and got nothing from the woeful ref. Chair was too deep. Dickie kept giving the ball away. Dozzell always passes the ball sideways or backwards. West Brom are bang average and we got drawn to their level.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 21:51 - Nov 5 with 2436 viewsdistortR

I wonder if premiership refs can actually do championship games anymore - their mindset will have changed, they don't have to make the big penalty area decisions now. The easiest thing to do is play on, and let VAR decide. If you get used to doing that, you will struggle to switch to non-VAR games.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 8:34]
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 22:17 - Nov 5 with 2364 viewsDorse

I declare open season on CLAREMAN1995. We have lost 100% of games when they start the match thread. This jinx is a blight on our fair club. He / She / They / It must be punished!

And, sod off, I'm not doing the next one. Candidates should put themselves forward and their names should be put before the LFW membership, following a gruelling selection process which includes, but is not limited to, head to head debates, the swimsuit round, talent competition and the monkey knife fight. Winners will be decided by acclamation once they have scaled the North face of Fatty Amal's Kebab House. Runners-up will be lashed to a lamppost in Batman Close in case we need a replacement.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 22:19]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 22:28 - Nov 5 with 2317 viewsdavman

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 22:17 - Nov 5 by Dorse

I declare open season on CLAREMAN1995. We have lost 100% of games when they start the match thread. This jinx is a blight on our fair club. He / She / They / It must be punished!

And, sod off, I'm not doing the next one. Candidates should put themselves forward and their names should be put before the LFW membership, following a gruelling selection process which includes, but is not limited to, head to head debates, the swimsuit round, talent competition and the monkey knife fight. Winners will be decided by acclamation once they have scaled the North face of Fatty Amal's Kebab House. Runners-up will be lashed to a lamppost in Batman Close in case we need a replacement.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 22:19]

I'll shoulder some of the blame ; we had an alternative and I shut it down.

Shame on me - I can only apologise...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/291268/boing-boin

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 22:32 - Nov 5 with 2307 viewsDorse

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 22:28 - Nov 5 by davman

I'll shoulder some of the blame ; we had an alternative and I shut it down.

Shame on me - I can only apologise...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/291268/boing-boin

He brought this sin upon us! Get him!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 10:06 - Nov 6 with 1927 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought WBA had a game plan, were the better team and stifled us, expect them with new manager to be rising up the table. I hope we have not peaked, missed Johansen in the midfield. Also 2nd half we failed to utilise Paal on the left it was blindingly obvious from my seat on right of upper loft he was not being passed to, when he was in acres of free space, very frustrating.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 10:16 - Nov 6 with 1899 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 17:43 - Nov 5 by Hunterhoop

WBA we’re just very well organised and we couldn’t break them down.

Personally I think Dykes played well. The issue was behind him. Several times we chose not to play the early cross when in their third when he made a great run across his man.

Chair and Willock were crowded out. Willock didn’t look match fit. And Chair, recognising he had no space to operate in, dropped deep to pick it up and then, when with the ball at his feet, took the safe option every time of cutting inside. Both of them, on multiple occasions, turned down giving to Paal or Adomah to whip it in. All crosses were inswinger a from one front of the defence - so much easier to defend.

Tim tried. Field worked hard. Dickie really struggled. But as a team we just looked unsure of how to play through them.

Ultimately WBA outworked us. They pressed hard. They shuffled left to right (and vice versa) quicker than we could work it side to side, and their full backs positioned aggressively tight.

I think Beale was outcoached today. Sure he’ll learn from it.

Even though we started the half brightly, I did feel we needed to go 352, to ask th m different questions. When Amos went down, I felt the chance was there, but it required Field dropping in and Chair and Willock playing either side of Tim.

Sounds aggressive, but it felt right.

7 halves without a goal now. 1 point in 3. Lots of work to be done!

Dykes must have been doing his nut.

How many crosses / free kicks were cut out just before it got to him? Really poor deliveries I thought.
Login to get fewer ads

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 10:18 - Nov 6 with 1903 viewsPunteR

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 21:51 - Nov 5 by distortR

I wonder if premiership refs can actually do championship games anymore - their mindset will have changed, they don't have to make the big penalty area decisions now. The easiest thing to do is play on, and let VAR decide. If you get used to doing that, you will struggle to switch to non-VAR games.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 8:34]

That seems like a very valid point.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 10:54 - Nov 6 with 1854 viewstraininvain

We only seem to win when we start games on the front foot with high intensity. The last few games have been a long way off the way we started vs Cardiff.

Beale needs to find a way to get the players to come out the traps quickly on Tuesday night.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 11:24 - Nov 6 with 1797 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 10:54 - Nov 6 by traininvain

We only seem to win when we start games on the front foot with high intensity. The last few games have been a long way off the way we started vs Cardiff.

Beale needs to find a way to get the players to come out the traps quickly on Tuesday night.

Throw Sinclair in from the start again? Certainly made a big difference against Cardiff.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 11:58 - Nov 6 with 1754 viewsthemodfather

it's an "oh dear" one to forget. we have to tighten up the home form, but a long season ahead and congestion coming due to sodding world puke cup , winter etc fa cup
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 14:41 - Nov 6 with 1634 viewsPinnerPaul

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:54 - Nov 5 by hoopstar67

No point saying that. Dykes hasn't done anything wrong. Had absolutely no service whatsoever. Doesn't matter what cf there is if he gets no service.

Agree, even Haaland struggles to cross the ball to himself!
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 14:47 - Nov 6 with 1624 viewsPinnerPaul

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:58 - Nov 5 by BrianMcCarthy

London still giving out about the ref.

Was at the game Brian, but yes that has always annoyed me about him.

Partisan is of course OK, but VERY often its left to Andy to provide the partisan but sensible comment about a refereeing decision.

For me, howveer, this ref just irritates me, unlike me, but basic stuff wrong is what gets me.

Him and AR going different ways for throw is unforgivable, at any level, but with comms??????!

Chair foul at the end took an age to give - why? and to prove its not all one eyed, Darnel taken out at knee height right in front of me in T block and no foul given.

Very inconsistent.

2 pens shouts - Dykes? Never in a millon years, Albert, worth a shout but on one viewing, its a no from me as well.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 14:56]
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 14:51 - Nov 6 with 1613 viewsPinnerPaul

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 17:27 - Nov 5 by Malintabuk

That is 2 games in a week for me and can honestly say that we could still be playing either Birmingham team and will not score.... which is the big worry for me
I have always said I rarely post straight after a loss. We were poor today and a shadow of the team we were a few short weeks ago.
Not sure what MB was trying to do today and the substitutions were far to late for me..... I think he got them wrong
The 0-0 at Norwich was a decent result, but this is the third game where we have never looked like scoring
Hopefully it is just a bad week ....and we can change things on Tuesday....
A real pity a great turnout and today

Harsh - we hit the post and Ruddy pulled off 2/3 great saves v Norwich- we looked a lot more like scoring than yesterday.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 15:20 - Nov 6 with 1554 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 14:47 - Nov 6 by PinnerPaul

Was at the game Brian, but yes that has always annoyed me about him.

Partisan is of course OK, but VERY often its left to Andy to provide the partisan but sensible comment about a refereeing decision.

For me, howveer, this ref just irritates me, unlike me, but basic stuff wrong is what gets me.

Him and AR going different ways for throw is unforgivable, at any level, but with comms??????!

Chair foul at the end took an age to give - why? and to prove its not all one eyed, Darnel taken out at knee height right in front of me in T block and no foul given.

Very inconsistent.

2 pens shouts - Dykes? Never in a millon years, Albert, worth a shout but on one viewing, its a no from me as well.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 14:56]

Haven't seen any of the highlights or alternative angles, but getting back to the commentary...

I'm a huge fan of London and Sinton. Their comms improve my connection to and enjoyment of Rangers matches immeasurably. They're funny, well-researched, knowledgeable and, yes, partisan. I think they're excellent at what's a really hard job. I just think that London is slipping of late into too criticising too many refs. They all seem to be against us. And it seems to be ok to state it as a fact, before we look at replays or alternative angles.

While that may be ok for fans, I just think that we should expect a different tone from a commentator who is there to inform us and who is otherwise excellent at doing so.

And I say this with a huge amount of respect. I would miss him hugely if we were ever to lose him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:06 - Nov 6 with 1482 viewsPinnerPaul

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 15:20 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Haven't seen any of the highlights or alternative angles, but getting back to the commentary...

I'm a huge fan of London and Sinton. Their comms improve my connection to and enjoyment of Rangers matches immeasurably. They're funny, well-researched, knowledgeable and, yes, partisan. I think they're excellent at what's a really hard job. I just think that London is slipping of late into too criticising too many refs. They all seem to be against us. And it seems to be ok to state it as a fact, before we look at replays or alternative angles.

While that may be ok for fans, I just think that we should expect a different tone from a commentator who is there to inform us and who is otherwise excellent at doing so.

And I say this with a huge amount of respect. I would miss him hugely if we were ever to lose him.

Can't disagree with any of that Brian.

And of course, like us all, refs and non refs alike, he makes mistakes, but seems incredulous when the referee does.

As you say mistakes are fine, but like in the game v Norwich, both him and Andy were waiting for a free kick they were convinced had been given, when in fact it was a corner.

Mistake yes, like referees, he and Andy make them.

Even if I've been at a game, I'll watch the 90' again, as long as we haven't lost!, and you're right, they do enhance the enjoyment no doubt about it.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:08 - Nov 6 with 1480 viewsNorthernr

I obviously didn't hear the commentary yesterday, but that referee was crap. He's a kid promoted too high too soon to try and solve historic problems with participation and management of referees in this country.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:13 - Nov 6 with 1465 viewsPinnerPaul

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:08 - Nov 6 by Northernr

I obviously didn't hear the commentary yesterday, but that referee was crap. He's a kid promoted too high too soon to try and solve historic problems with participation and management of referees in this country.

See my comments above - largely agree with you.
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:16 - Nov 6 with 1443 viewsNorthernr

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:13 - Nov 6 by PinnerPaul

See my comments above - largely agree with you.

I actually hadn't seen your comments above until just now, but let's just say you won't be disagreeing with much in this week's match report!
Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 15:26 - Nov 7 with 1198 viewsPinnerPaul

Losing My Virginity Match Thread QPR V West Brom on 16:16 - Nov 6 by Northernr

I actually hadn't seen your comments above until just now, but let's just say you won't be disagreeing with much in this week's match report!

No I didn't!

Thought it was just sad old referees who get upset about throws being given both ways!

As I said, its a big no no even at my humble level, with comms, its laughable.

Interesting (to me anyway) thought is that the lack of referees is actually a self-perpetuating problem.

At my level so many games to do, little incentive, to push yourself and take difficult games.

Even higher up Level 4s (Only getting a few quid more for games than me) pushed to do more and more games and travel greater and greater distances, all while trying to hold down jobs, enjoy families etc etc etc. I've come across many who started out down that route, who have then taken a break - ie stay at levels 7 - 5, before returning once work becomes less demanding and families less time consuming. Of course, by then, it becomes more difficult to make it a full time caeeer.

Therefore because of the amount of football in relation to referees many are just doing it for enjoyment. That means avoiding difficult leagues, teams - with less and less referees interested in promotion, which of course, effects the top in the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024