Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laird 13:15 - Nov 29 with 10614 viewstraininvain

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-

Could be going back to Man Utd in January. More good news!
Laird on 13:23 - Nov 29 with 8270 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bigger loss than MB if true.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 16:38]
Laird on 13:41 - Nov 29 with 8143 viewsRangersw12

Decent player but he's been awful the last few games so needs to step up before I lose too much sleep with him being recalled
Laird on 13:42 - Nov 29 with 8127 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Far from certain, judging by that vague scramble of maybes.

Still, thanks for posting. It'll be a worry until it's conformed wither way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Laird on 14:01 - Nov 29 with 7987 viewsted_hendrix

Laird on 13:41 - Nov 29 by Rangersw12

Decent player but he's been awful the last few games so needs to step up before I lose too much sleep with him being recalled

He's good and I hope we can keep him until the end of the season but I take your point.

Considering that In our last five games we've scored only one goal but conceded seven leads me to believe that the whole squad Managment included have been awful.

Twelve day's time we go again.

Beale out etcetera---etcetera.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Laird on 14:39 - Nov 29 with 7797 viewstraininvain

Laird on 13:42 - Nov 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Far from certain, judging by that vague scramble of maybes.

Still, thanks for posting. It'll be a worry until it's conformed wither way.

I hadn’t realised that Man Utd have a loan recall option in January. Disappointing if true as it creates more uncertainty.

I wonder if the same applies to Villa/Tim.
Laird on 14:52 - Nov 29 with 7704 viewsbosh67

Seeing that I have been wrong on Beale staying I would hope that if someone like Critchley comes in that he would be allowed to stay and be developed. I can't seeing him getting too much first team minutes at Utd until next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Laird on 16:13 - Nov 29 with 7366 viewsAntti_Heinola

If United needed him they wouldn't have loaned him out. Would be v surprised if this happened, unless Laird wanted to go back.

Bare bones.

Laird on 16:36 - Nov 29 with 7233 viewsdaveB

Laird on 14:39 - Nov 29 by traininvain

I hadn’t realised that Man Utd have a loan recall option in January. Disappointing if true as it creates more uncertainty.

It applies to all season long loans so Roberts as well
Login to get fewer ads

Laird on 18:39 - Nov 29 with 6928 viewsenfieldargh

or wanted to go to GR?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Laird on 21:22 - Nov 29 with 6635 viewsterryb

Laird on 14:39 - Nov 29 by traininvain

Any player that is on a "season's " loan can be recalled in January.

This is not a Manchester United option, but part of the loan system, so yes, it will apply to Tim. As it did for Burnley to recall Wells & sell to Bristol City.

Why the recall clause is there I wouldn't know. To me a season's loan should be for the season!
Laird on 05:14 - Nov 30 with 6266 viewscyprusmel

It would be very upsetting if our on-loan players all moved to Glasgow Rangers in the January window.
Laird on 06:31 - Nov 30 with 6197 viewsswisscottage

I'm a bit mixed about this. I've been getting increasingly frustrated with him, and his complete inability to swing in an early cross that Dykes thrives on.

I know he's a better player that Kakay, but Kakay seems to get far more crosses into the box, and I'm not sure I'd be heartbroken if Laird went back to United.

I think Ossie gets a tough draw from the fans, because to many he seems indelibly linked to Travelman due to the timing of their contract extensions.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 6:32]
Laird on 11:41 - Nov 30 with 5927 viewsPinnerPaul

Welcome to 2 months of endless transfer speculation, over 90% of which will be total nonsense.
Laird on 16:10 - Nov 30 with 5618 viewsTacticalR

Laird on 06:31 - Nov 30 by swisscottage

I'm a bit mixed about this. I've been getting increasingly frustrated with him, and his complete inability to swing in an early cross that Dykes thrives on.

I know he's a better player that Kakay, but Kakay seems to get far more crosses into the box, and I'm not sure I'd be heartbroken if Laird went back to United.

I think Ossie gets a tough draw from the fans, because to many he seems indelibly linked to Travelman due to the timing of their contract extensions.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 6:32]

Isn't Laird's thing more getting to the byline (preferably inside the box) and cutting the ball back?

The only thing is that he didn't do that against Coventry (either due to Beale's tactics being found out or to the speculation about Beale's departure).

Air hostess clique

Laird on 17:31 - Nov 30 with 5487 viewsHooping_Mad

Laird on 13:41 - Nov 29 by Rangersw12

Only caveat being he wont bother crossing if no body is bother to attack the box, bit like Kyle Walker last night. Looks up see's no one is there so cuts it back and it looks negative when in reality your team mates let you run up a dead end.

I wonder if the Wolves situation had an effect?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Laird on 18:02 - Nov 30 with 5393 viewsPinnerPaul

So the possibility of Beale leaving meant he stopped crossing the ball?

Interesting..........

I wonder if we can put rising interest rates, the recession and increased energy prices at Mick's door as well
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 18:03]
Laird on 18:12 - Nov 30 with 5363 viewsswisscottage

Laird on 16:10 - Nov 30 by TacticalR

Isn't Laird's thing more getting to the byline (preferably inside the box) and cutting the ball back?

The only thing is that he didn't do that against Coventry (either due to Beale's tactics being found out or to the speculation about Beale's departure).

All he's done recently is run in to trouble.
Laird on 18:35 - Nov 30 with 5312 viewsHooping_Mad

Laird on 18:02 - Nov 30 by PinnerPaul

So the possibility of Beale leaving meant he stopped crossing the ball?

Interesting..........

I wonder if we can put rising interest rates, the recession and increased energy prices at Mick's door as well
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 18:03]

I did mean more a lack of support from team mates and a reduction in effort as many have suggested re speaking to other clubs and then lying to the press. Not really mentioned Mick's leaving other than in regard to the Wolves situation.

But you be you kid

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Laird on 15:06 - Dec 1 with 4979 viewsPinnerPaul

Laird on 18:35 - Nov 30 by Hooping_Mad

I did mean more a lack of support from team mates and a reduction in effort as many have suggested re speaking to other clubs and then lying to the press. Not really mentioned Mick's leaving other than in regard to the Wolves situation.

But you be you kid

But as i've said , AFTER the whole Wolves thing came out, assuming players didn't know beforehand - we won 2 home games and drew with Norwich - so don't see how that theory holds water?
Laird on 16:00 - Dec 1 with 4889 viewsLazyFan

Man U can be clever here.

They can recall him and then loan him out for way more money elsewhere. They can do this and save face as "the manager who we lent him too is no longer at QPR and we are not sure the new manager will play him as regular as the old one did". Fair enough.

They could even under that premise loan him to Glasgow Rangers for even more wads of cash. And Laird would do it as he knows he will get game time and know the manager and knows he will have another club possibly bigger on his CV. Also, if Manure chooses to sell him at the end of the season Glasgow Rangers can pay him more money than QPR.

As Norf has said many times, there are high fees and high risks in the loans business. You make a player greater than they are, for example, Wells and Hugill and then they become some other team's players after you have show-cased them. Worse you have blocked the path of the players you do own, who then want out like BoS, Smyth and Manning who then leave for almost nothing.

What's the difference between Manning and Bidwell?
Bidwell actually played more games for QPR and do many QPR fans think Bidwell is a better player than Manning? Nope!

That's what happens when their route to the first team is blocked by loans. If they are not good enough sell em or let em go, but keeping them around like we are a Chelsea puppy farm with lots of money to waste on never developing players is the true bad outcome here.

zzzzzzzzzz

Laird on 10:22 - Dec 15 with 4320 viewstraininvain

https://apple.news/AgqiJpVhlQSKmUY0KA61MRA

Not sure if this can be trusted but it doesn’t sound too promising re Laird. Presumably he’d be loaned out elsewhere as I can’t see him challenging for the right back position at Man Utd.
Laird on 10:26 - Dec 15 with 4278 viewsLanhoop

Surely they'd need/want to sell the Wan-Bissaka lad before recalling Laird to sit on the bench at best. Seems a bit unlikely to me.
Laird on 10:44 - Dec 15 with 4191 viewstraininvain

Laird on 10:26 - Dec 15 by Lanhoop

Surely they'd need/want to sell the Wan-Bissaka lad before recalling Laird to sit on the bench at best. Seems a bit unlikely to me.

Maybe they have another loan lined up for him in the Premiership or could be selling him elsewhere. Could be any number of reasons but feels a bit like the writing is on the wall for us.
Laird on 11:00 - Dec 15 with 4049 viewskensalriser

There are just Man Utd shaped spaces of pixels to be filled is my take on that two week old piece.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Laird on 11:05 - Dec 15 with 4019 viewstraininvain

Laird on 11:00 - Dec 15 by kensalriser

There are just Man Utd shaped spaces of pixels to be filled is my take on that two week old piece.

15th December isn’t two weeks ago unless I slept through Christmas! https://apple.news/AgqiJpVhlQSKmUY0KA61MRA

M
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024