Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Match Thread 12:42 - Dec 17 with 27813 viewsSuperhoops2808

Afternoon

Cant see one started so here goes:

Dependant on who is available, I am going for a safe 1-1 as I dont think Critchley will want to lose, so we may utilise some s**t housery of ourselves at the home of S**T housery!!
Preston Match Thread on 12:46 - Dec 17 with 5043 viewsstevec

You wait all day for one bus..
Preston Match Thread on 12:47 - Dec 17 with 5039 viewsbosh67

I'm not expecting much out of today. Would be delighted with a point. Critchley is going to need proper time to regroup this squad. If we lose 2 or 3 nil there will already be people calling for his head. I was one of those who thought Beale was a huge deal at this club and I can't think of a head coach who has let us down so badly and demoralised the players and the fans in the process, so this is a big ship to turn around now. He needs time and patience to do it but I am hopeful it will come.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Preston Match Thread on 12:55 - Dec 17 with 5011 viewsSuperhoops2808

I agree... Very demoralised after Beale... I was one that thought he really wouldnt go
Preston Match Thread on 12:55 - Dec 17 with 5011 viewsSuffolk

I can see us setting up not to lose and therefore expect a turgid 1-1. It will be interesting to see what formation he starts with.
Preston Match Thread on 13:09 - Dec 17 with 4922 viewscolinallcars

Though our chances seem infinitisimally small,
What's the old saying ? - Ya can't lose 'em all.

That in mind, a surprise 2-1 win for the Rs.
Preston Match Thread on 13:12 - Dec 17 with 4919 viewsDannyPaddox

I’d take a big fat juicy 0-0
Preston Match Thread on 13:25 - Dec 17 with 4883 viewsSimonJames

URssss!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Preston Match Thread on 13:25 - Dec 17 with 4878 viewshubble

Despite the gloom, I'm still keen to see how The Critch sets us up and what - if any - improvement in the players' attitude to the game there is, compared to last week.

I'd love a 2-1 Rangers victory with a Critch-Crotch tactical masterpiece, but I'd settle for a battling 1-1 draw to cement a pragmatic start to the Critchley era.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Preston Match Thread on 13:27 - Dec 17 with 4864 viewsPinnerPaul

All runs - good and bad come to an end at some stage - as we know only too well.

However, can't see it being today - 0-2 for me.
Preston Match Thread on 13:32 - Dec 17 with 4828 viewshubble

I'm adding this, just because I don't want to see the 'depressing' thread on top! Sorry Suffolk!

Can't we use this one? Or have we gone all Schrodingers?

Preston Match Thread on 13:40 - Dec 17 with 4785 viewsDavieQPR

Because Chair is missing can see us going 3 at the back.
Preston Match Thread on 14:02 - Dec 17 with 4729 viewsPinnerPaul

Albert for Thomas the only change.

Surprised not more changes from Sunday's debacle
Preston Match Thread on 14:03 - Dec 17 with 4719 viewsQPRSteve

Still no Amos. Is he still injured?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 14:05]
Preston Match Thread on 14:07 - Dec 17 with 4635 viewsPinnerPaul

Preston Match Thread on 14:03 - Dec 17 by QPRSteve

He was in the training vid, & NC only admitted to LB and Stef being definitely not fit.
Preston Match Thread on 14:09 - Dec 17 with 4613 viewshubble

This is truly Schrodinger's QPR, both depressing at not depressing at the same time. Anyway, big up the non-depressing thread!

Preston Match Thread on 14:10 - Dec 17 with 4608 viewsbosh67

Preston Match Thread on 14:03 - Dec 17 by QPRSteve

I'm surprised he's gone with Salter over Dickie for this one but perhaps he thinks Salter is quicker? Albert almost certainly in to add experience and be part of a front 3? I'd love to see Richards start a game soon. I think he may be a really key player.

Yes Amos really doesn't have any luck at all injuries wise. No idea on his return date. Can't seem to last more than a few games at a time and are we getting Roberts back from Leeds?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Preston Match Thread on 14:12 - Dec 17 with 4569 viewsDixie_CT

Tyler is guilty, the Yorkshire Whites said so!

Waste of a loan 💸 !! Sparkling player recruitment again! Ellis Simms anyone? 🤦🏻‍♂️
Preston Match Thread on 14:18 - Dec 17 with 4492 viewsHastings_Hoops

3-0 - Adomah to get all three.
Preston Match Thread on 14:19 - Dec 17 with 4482 viewsAndybrat

Preston Match Thread on 14:10 - Dec 17 by bosh67

I'm surprised he's gone with Salter over Dickie for this one but perhaps he thinks Salter is quicker? Albert almost certainly in to add experience and be part of a front 3? I'd love to see Richards start a game soon. I think he may be a really key player.

Yes Amos really doesn't have any luck at all injuries wise. No idea on his return date. Can't seem to last more than a few games at a time and are we getting Roberts back from Leeds?

I think the current fit squad is calling for 3 at the back with Laird and Paal natural wing backs. Also makes the midfield stronger. Like others I think Richards could be a big player for us and even though I only saw the highlights he looked good in the friendly against the Scottish team. I know it is obvious but injuries play such a part in this division. COYR’s ( please)
Preston Match Thread on 14:21 - Dec 17 with 4458 viewsHastings_Hoops

Really surprised he’s not gone for three at the back.
Preston Match Thread on 14:26 - Dec 17 with 4391 viewsWD99

Albert is a nice story and has overall played pretty well for us. But I understand we are obligated to buy Richards this summer no matter what. If that is true, we have to be playing him if Chair or Willock are out and see what we have. I get the argument about wanting some experience in the side to try to stop the slide, but I’d rather go Richards regardless.

Hopefully Critchley can implement a back 3 once Balogun is fit to backup and he has more time on the training ground. Need Dickie, Dunne, JCS in the squad whenever possible. Is Masterson still here to backup or is he on loan?
Preston Match Thread on 14:26 - Dec 17 with 4383 viewsterryb

Preston Match Thread on 14:19 - Dec 17 by Andybrat

I think the current fit squad is calling for 3 at the back with Laird and Paal natural wing backs. Also makes the midfield stronger. Like others I think Richards could be a big player for us and even though I only saw the highlights he looked good in the friendly against the Scottish team. I know it is obvious but injuries play such a part in this division. COYR’s ( please)

Personally I would have preferred him playing instead of Iroegbunam & Shodipo instead of Adomah (based on last Sunday).

Perhaps Ctitchley needs to see if Laird & Tim are prepared to put in any effort?
Preston Match Thread on 14:32 - Dec 17 with 4295 viewsRanger_Things

Back to business, 2-1 Rangers.
Preston Match Thread on 14:37 - Dec 17 with 4244 viewsnix

Preston Match Thread on 14:26 - Dec 17 by terryb

Personally I would have preferred him playing instead of Iroegbunam & Shodipo instead of Adomah (based on last Sunday).

Perhaps Ctitchley needs to see if Laird & Tim are prepared to put in any effort?

I don't have the Iroegbunan love either. I think he definitely has talent but for a 19 year old lacks the enthusiasm and energy to close people down and constantly be showing for the ball, which is the least you'd expect from someone who is having his first chance at first team football. Dozzell also drifts out of games, so the two of them together is not active enough.
Preston Match Thread on 14:41 - Dec 17 with 4148 viewskensalriser

Critch doesn't have a lot to work with given the number of unavailable players, so I'm not surprised he hasn't tried a formation shift for his first game.

I think 1-1 is about the best we can do today. But 2-0 more likely.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024