Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 140747 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 18428 viewsRangersw12

We can't afford anything
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:55 - Dec 30 with 18424 viewsozexile

We've got nothing sellable
We need everything
And we can afford nothing.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:19 - Dec 30 with 18147 viewsmonners1969

Out of contract

Balogun
Shodipo
Amos
Masterton
Bonne
Bettache
Archer

Thomas (year option)
Willock (year option)

Loans
Laird
Tim I
Richards (option to buy £400k?)

9 players due to go in summer 2023 including the loans…

The question is more do you keep any of them if you can
January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:28 - Dec 30 with 18113 viewsLogman

I don't know. Right now our most important player is Sam Field whose contract we should be looking to extend. I'm not sure we can get too many more loans in if we retain Laird, Tim, Richards and Roberts.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:50 - Dec 30 with 18041 viewsbosh67

We need to start scouting a lot more aggressively in the non-leagues looking for young hungry gems.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 04:04 - Dec 31 with 17771 viewsDannyPaddox

Meanwhile elsewhere …

Long distant memories of Michael Bentine’s Potty Time came flooding back when I saw this.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:55 - Dec 31 with 17605 viewsHarbour

Can’t see many coming in but both wards and the traitor did a few…might see some leave but I think Neil might have to get the best of what he has..Results and how close the championship is shows all to play for.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:34 - Dec 31 with 17521 viewstraininvain

January Transfer Window Rumours on 04:04 - Dec 31 by DannyPaddox

Meanwhile elsewhere …

Long distant memories of Michael Bentine’s Potty Time came flooding back when I saw this.

I’m sure a move to the mighty Al Nassr of Saudi Arabia was exactly what Ronaldo had in mind when he gave that interview to Piers Morgan to force the issue and completely torch his legacy with the Man Utd fans.

I know he’s making an absolute fortune in the process but surely he’s not short of a few quid and unlikely to struggle for money post retirement with all his sponsorship and endorsement deals.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 9:04]
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:48 - Dec 31 with 17500 viewsPlanetHonneywood

January Transfer Window Rumours on 04:04 - Dec 31 by DannyPaddox

Meanwhile elsewhere …

Let the moaning begin from the Sultan of Sulking!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:00 - Dec 31 with 17456 viewsJuzzie

£3.4million per WEEK.

Beyong insanity
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:04 - Dec 31 with 17397 viewsgazza1

We need a striker.....it could solve many of our issues. Goals change teams & results. We need nothing else apart from a striker.

Offload all these so called 'fringe' players......
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:55 - Dec 31 with 17309 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:04 - Dec 31 by gazza1

We need a striker.....it could solve many of our issues. Goals change teams & results. We need nothing else apart from a striker.

Offload all these so called 'fringe' players......

'I wish we could, if we only could'
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:56 - Dec 31 with 17301 viewsThird_Division_South

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:50 - Dec 30 by bosh67

We need to start scouting a lot more aggressively in the non-leagues looking for young hungry gems.

Hopefully, this new partnership will yield some results

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Dec 31 with 17157 viewsLblock

Willock has apparently been tapped up.
I'd say £3mill to £4mill for him if it's a Prem club, less if upper Championship.
Either way he's gone.

Will Senny and Chair agitate for a move off the back of this? Probably

I've heard in the past that the owners want to invest but can't due to P&S rules.
I think that's bollox and they want out.

We're in a pickle and need (yet again) pacey and physical players at the back assuming Laird is off, n the middle and up top.
I still think we'll stay up this year but after that things are looking pretty bleak.

The Championship continues to be skewed.
Relegated Prem clubs will be at the the top and virtually the whole division left scrapping for probably two play off spots. It's finely balanced for the rest of us with just one month of poor decisions meaning you're in the position Huddersfield find themselves.
If any Board is going to make those sort of decisions it's ours!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:16 - Dec 31 with 17057 viewstraininvain

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Dec 31 by Lblock

I'd say £3mill to £4mill for him if it's a Prem club, less if upper Championship.
Either way he's gone.

I've heard in the past that the owners want to invest but can't due to P&S rules.

We're in a pickle and need (yet again) pacey and physical players at the back assuming Laird is off, n the middle and up top.
I still think we'll stay up this year but after that things are looking pretty bleak.

Relegated Prem clubs will be at the the top and virtually the whole division left scrapping for probably two play off spots. It's finely balanced for the rest of us with just one month of poor decisions meaning you're in the position Huddersfield find themselves.

Source re Willock or speculation based upon his recent performances?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:24 - Dec 31 with 17055 viewsrickywelton

Lots of rumours re Regan Poole from Lincoln City, link being Garrity previously at Lincoln and fact his contract is up soon.

Full back but can play centre half or wing back, might be Laid replacement next year or cover this?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:37 - Dec 31 with 17002 viewsed_83

Willock will be sold if an offer, any offer, comes in for him. I was laughed at in the summer for saying I’d take £10m for him, but between his form and his contract situation we’d be lucky to get half that now. Laird and Tim will be recalled, suspect one or both might head up to Glasgow.

All very well saying we should sell Thomas, Bonne etc but who’s going to buy them? League One teams don’t have the money and they’re clearly not Championship players. Would be very very surprised if we shift anyone at all from the fringes of the squad, unless we’re paying up their contract, in which case what would be the point?

In terms of incomings, I think it’ll be a right back on loan to replace Laird if he goes, and that’s it. What I’d like to see, and what we’ve needed for the last five years or more, is a nasty little scrote to play alongside Field, a proper hard man who’s willing to get in people’s faces and demand more from our nice team of polite boys, but who can also play a bit. Come back Dom Ball / Josh Scowen or your ageing Premier League loanable equivalents, all is forgiven. If we’re going completely insane then a right winger with pace and ability to replace Shodipo and Adomah would be useful too, but I don’t see it happening.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 11:38]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:18 - Dec 31 with 16838 viewsQPR_John

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Dec 31 by Lblock

Either way he's gone.

“ I've heard in the past that the owners want to invest but can't due to P&S rules.
I think that's bollox and they want out. ”

I don’t think the training ground suggests they want out. Prepared to spend on infrastructure so it is possible they would spend on players but for Financial Unfair Play.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:57 - Dec 31 with 16713 viewsDavieQPR

Sorry is this a copy and paste from every forum barring parachute payment teams.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:15 - Dec 31 with 16663 viewsR_from_afar

Fair point but the problem is you never know if you are getting the next Jamie Vardy or the next Adam Miller.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:19 - Dec 31 with 16675 viewsGroveR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:37 - Dec 31 by ed_83

Willock will be sold if an offer, any offer, comes in for him. I was laughed at in the summer for saying I’d take £10m for him, but between his form and his contract situation we’d be lucky to get half that now. Laird and Tim will be recalled, suspect one or both might head up to Glasgow.

All very well saying we should sell Thomas, Bonne etc but who’s going to buy them? League One teams don’t have the money and they’re clearly not Championship players. Would be very very surprised if we shift anyone at all from the fringes of the squad, unless we’re paying up their contract, in which case what would be the point?

In terms of incomings, I think it’ll be a right back on loan to replace Laird if he goes, and that’s it. What I’d like to see, and what we’ve needed for the last five years or more, is a nasty little scrote to play alongside Field, a proper hard man who’s willing to get in people’s faces and demand more from our nice team of polite boys, but who can also play a bit. Come back Dom Ball / Josh Scowen or your ageing Premier League loanable equivalents, all is forgiven. If we’re going completely insane then a right winger with pace and ability to replace Shodipo and Adomah would be useful too, but I don’t see it happening.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 11:38]

The last time we went for a Dom Ball / Josh Scowen or ageing Premier League loanable equivalent we ended up with Jeff Hendrick.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:19 - Dec 31 with 16648 viewsMick_S

Is that Gary Neville managing Wolves today? Sneaky one!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:29 - Dec 31 with 16630 viewsbosh67

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:15 - Dec 31 by R_from_afar

Fair point but the problem is you never know if you are getting the next Jamie Vardy or the next Adam Miller.

There's only one way to find out. You can either get a striker who may or may not pay off from this or higher level and we don't have £5m to do that or you go for Macaulay Langstaff at about £250K and punt another £300K on a few up and comings from non league and hope you can get them up to speed quick.

If we lose Bonne, who never plays anyway and Armstrong isn't getting games or goals we are totally reliant on Dykes, which is kind of akin to having a team a few years ago that only had Bobbie Zamora as a striker, as much as we loved him.

Les cost us £15K from Harrow and Weald or somewhere and there are more Les's out there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:34 - Dec 31 with 16576 viewsR_from_afar

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:29 - Dec 31 by bosh67

There's only one way to find out. You can either get a striker who may or may not pay off from this or higher level and we don't have £5m to do that or you go for Macaulay Langstaff at about £250K and punt another £300K on a few up and comings from non league and hope you can get them up to speed quick.

If we lose Bonne, who never plays anyway and Armstrong isn't getting games or goals we are totally reliant on Dykes, which is kind of akin to having a team a few years ago that only had Bobbie Zamora as a striker, as much as we loved him.

Les cost us £15K from Harrow and Weald or somewhere and there are more Les's out there.

I do agree it is worth trying but the lower down the pyramid you look, the lower the likelihood of success...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:41 - Dec 31 with 16564 viewsandrew1302

noone is talking about what happens if Dykes gets injured? Bonne goes and we are left with Armstrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024