Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 141403 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:14 - Jan 6 with 4314 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 04:48 - Jan 6 by bongo_king

Interesting and not great read https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-keen-on-crystal-palace-youngster-plus-ty

I've avoided criticising the board and broader setup as I think they've done more good than bad. But reading the loan bits here, some questions have to be asked.

Roberts - played 15 games so can't be sent back. How did they get done on the Roberts send back clause? A broader question is who thought Roberts was a good or necessary signing to begin with? (I know, we have a thread on him already).

Richards - he shows flashes but he's started 1 game and we're obliged to buy him, and it sounds like we may have to buy him this window to free up a loan space. Again, how did this happen?

Ebiowei - FFS this it not a priority. He looked good but raw vs Derby last year but we have plenty of options there, particularly now we're stuck with Roberts. Every man and his dog can see, if we have limited loans left, we need at least 1 out and out striker. And god forbid something happens to e.g. Paal we need that other loan for a LB.

I think the first two land squarely on Beale with the board appeasing him. But as Clive said recently in an article, we can't do "what manager wants manager gets" again. Can't yet tell if we're making the same mistake again with Critchley, lets hope not.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 4:51]

Yeh I'm not overly impressed with any of that. Spending money we don't have to permanently sign Richards who we never play, just to clear a loan spot so we can borrow another one of somebody else's players we can never possibly sign and push Richards further down the pecking order in the process is head against a wall stuff.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:26 - Jan 6 with 4283 viewsDorse

Are we really obligated to buy Richards? Will they accept 1800 Nectar points and a Nandos reward card? Or, failing that, bob-a-job style favours? Because I'm not convinced there is any actual currency available.

Once more, the patented QPR Automatic Pants-Lowering Transfer Device works its evil magic.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:08 - Jan 6 with 4161 viewsdistortR

Listening to the radio, Chelsea seem to have signed Baddyarsehole?
Seems a good fit.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:26 - Jan 6 with 4080 viewsdmm

Does anyone know what is going on with Richards? Why doesn't he ever start, or rarely come on from the bench? That's two managers he's played under at QPR that don't appear to rate him.

And what's the supposed fee for him in the summer - £500k?!

It's all very strange.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:39 - Jan 6 with 3995 viewsWegerles_Stairs

January Transfer Window Rumours on 05:53 - Jan 6 by HAYESBOY

Coventry City could move for 31-year-old English midfielder Jamie Paterson, who is out of favour at Swansea City. (Coventry Live)............Linked before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64179618

Would you consider Afobe? In our price range.
Scrub that, he's gone off to play in UAE.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 6:03]

He's the guy we wanted in the last January window, isn't he? Again, this is what I struggle with - he could have got us in the play-offs last season, just like having another striker could have us 10 points better off this season. I understand that there are no guarantees but surely the people making these decisions can see that spending half a season short upfront affects your chances of getting in the play-offs? The league is really not that difficult once you take out the top two - Blackburn are third despite losing nearly as many as they've won. Millwall are fourth ffs.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 8:40]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:45 - Jan 6 with 3995 views89_50

Richards is a strange one. I'm convinced there's talent there (and PBBC must have thought so, given how glowingly he spoke about him, for whatever that's worth), but he's made of glass - which is why we're able to get him.

Didn't he arrive injured, then did his thigh in training, and injured once more at the tail-end of the World Cup?

If that can be overcome (he's only just turned 22), I think he could be very useful longer-term.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:00 - Jan 6 with 3919 viewsE1Hoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 07:14 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Yeh I'm not overly impressed with any of that. Spending money we don't have to permanently sign Richards who we never play, just to clear a loan spot so we can borrow another one of somebody else's players we can never possibly sign and push Richards further down the pecking order in the process is head against a wall stuff.

It doesn’t sound great and I don’t understand why we would do any of this if the end of season position is the financial meltdown predicted. Surely it would make more sense to make do with what we have for this year. Unless we are able to sign some seriously impressive loans in this window we are probably not going up or down.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:03 - Jan 6 with 3665 viewsBklynRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:45 - Jan 6 by 89_50

Richards is a strange one. I'm convinced there's talent there (and PBBC must have thought so, given how glowingly he spoke about him, for whatever that's worth), but he's made of glass - which is why we're able to get him.

Didn't he arrive injured, then did his thigh in training, and injured once more at the tail-end of the World Cup?

If that can be overcome (he's only just turned 22), I think he could be very useful longer-term.

Whoever's keeping the list can add me to the perplexed many as far as Richards is concerned.

I don't even know that it is down to injuries of late? Don't remember him being listed as one being waited on in that regard.

He came on last 15 minutes-ish against [insert opposition, my brain is mush], made a clear difference and promptly vanished, never to be seen again in public but spoken of only in confused terms about what exactly an obligation to buy means, and why and, considering all of the above, why the fcuk? Very odd.

And yes, that 15 game thing with Roberts - Jesus H Christ. Even with all the PBBC-driven insanity couldn't someone have occasionally looked up how many games he'd played so far? Maybe kept a sticky on their laptop - some form of crude tally mark? Possibly mumbled that we might consider playing Richards instead?
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:13 - Jan 6 with 3605 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:03 - Jan 6 by BklynRanger

Whoever's keeping the list can add me to the perplexed many as far as Richards is concerned.

I don't even know that it is down to injuries of late? Don't remember him being listed as one being waited on in that regard.

He came on last 15 minutes-ish against [insert opposition, my brain is mush], made a clear difference and promptly vanished, never to be seen again in public but spoken of only in confused terms about what exactly an obligation to buy means, and why and, considering all of the above, why the fcuk? Very odd.

And yes, that 15 game thing with Roberts - Jesus H Christ. Even with all the PBBC-driven insanity couldn't someone have occasionally looked up how many games he'd played so far? Maybe kept a sticky on their laptop - some form of crude tally mark? Possibly mumbled that we might consider playing Richards instead?

Can't say I'm as angry as some about the Roberts situation: at signing point, if he's played 15 games by Xmas then likelihood is he would be doing quite well - feels like a clause we would have put in rather than them if anything. Sadly, injuries, World Cup, manager shenanigans and so on have meant he probably hasn't started four games in a row yet. I think he looked good in his last game and gave us our best (not saying much) moments v Luton. It would be worrying if NC wanted to send him back but didn't know about the clause. That would be very amateurish. Hopefully not the case.

Richards is an in jury issue isn't it? Clearly not been fit, but looks clearly talented and to be honest I think is our replacement for Willock. Would really like to see him more though. If we're buying him in the summer, don't see the issue with buying him now.

No issues with either of them, it's more who we're linked with: wingers, hybrid forwards, of which we already have plenty, and a 33 year old who will score with about the same regularity as Dykes if we're lucky. At this point, with the league as it is, I'd either go big as almosty anyone could make the top 6, or don't bother, as we shouldn't (ahem) go down.

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:18 - Jan 6 with 3569 viewsBAWHoops

I think the Roberts signing made sense initially as he could provide back up to Willock/Chair and Dykes (which is what we missed last season when it all fell apart).
For me the superfluous singing was Tim. We have no chance of signing him permanently and already have Dozzell and Amos who are youngish and play in that position.
I accept Tim is a good player, but it's completely dead money when we had enough in the squad to cope.

Beale was effusive about Richards before he left so I'm sure he will come good.We either buy him this summer or now, that money is gone either way.

Lowe and Barnes don't inspire me as they'll want big wages and would cost a lot to sign permanently.

Ebiowei shouldn't be signed as we've put our money in with Roberts and Richards so lets use them!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:33 - Jan 6 with 3497 viewsDavieQPR

Tim was signed to buy us time. Amos was injured and Dozzell wasn't ready.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:37 - Jan 6 with 3472 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:33 - Jan 6 by DavieQPR

Tim was signed to buy us time. Amos was injured and Dozzell wasn't ready.

He was signed because the manager at the time was in love with him.

Amos is no longer injured, Dozzell is no more or less ready than he was, Tim plays every week regardless. Next summer, no chance of keeping Tim, Amos and Dozzell still here with another year pissd away.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:42 - Jan 6 with 3426 viewsDixie_CT

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:37 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Amos is no longer injured, Dozzell is no more or less ready than he was, Tim plays every week regardless. Next summer, no chance of keeping Tim, Amos and Dozzell still here with another year pissd away.

It also contradicts what Andy Belk said in his interview about no bringing in players that block our own pathways. Ok, that was said about the academy, but is surely more pertinent to first team pros?

That sounds more like a party line than a party policy.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Jan 6 with 3418 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:37 - Jan 6 by Northernr

My devil's advocate argument would be: name the last club from this league that without parachute payments did not take on a loan or two they had little chance of signing to help get promotion.

Said it before and I'll say it again: one big plus for Tim is that he is regularly actually effing fit and available. Something none of our other midfielders are able to offer (smashes head against wood until it bleeds) except lovely Sam.

I do get your point - I just don't think it's that black and white.

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 3395 viewsDixie_CT

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:45 - Jan 6 by 89_50

Richards is the same as the Mac Bonne and Cheese argument of he needs game time to be judged. Well give him game time, keep him in the squad if fit, if he isn’t then tell us.

I hope Richards is like Willock, who got little game time and hardly set the world alight when he joined, maybe due to the fact there were players ahead of him in terms of their impact in matches I.e. Bright, Eze, and he was still relatively young.

Will come to down to chances given, character, and staying fit for Taylor, the potential is there to see.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:49 - Jan 6 with 3386 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:44 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

My devil's advocate argument would be: name the last club from this league that without parachute payments did not take on a loan or two they had little chance of signing to help get promotion.

Said it before and I'll say it again: one big plus for Tim is that he is regularly actually effing fit and available. Something none of our other midfielders are able to offer (smashes head against wood until it bleeds) except lovely Sam.

I do get your point - I just don't think it's that black and white.

Well it's been part of the policy at Luton and Brentford in this league to avoid loans where possible - obviously there were exceptions to that, Winston Reid, Dewsbury-Hall, but they go out of their way not to loan players.

I just want us to be consistent. We still, IMO, have situations where we've got a manager signing and pushing players for one reason, a DOF doing the same for another reason, and a HOR likewise.

I know it's only a WLS rumour at this point, but does six months of Ashley Barnes fit with anything at all we're meant to be doing here other than Critchley doesn't want to get the sack in six games time? It's just Balogun again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:58 - Jan 6 with 3327 viewsDixie_CT

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:49 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Well it's been part of the policy at Luton and Brentford in this league to avoid loans where possible - obviously there were exceptions to that, Winston Reid, Dewsbury-Hall, but they go out of their way not to loan players.

I just want us to be consistent. We still, IMO, have situations where we've got a manager signing and pushing players for one reason, a DOF doing the same for another reason, and a HOR likewise.

I know it's only a WLS rumour at this point, but does six months of Ashley Barnes fit with anything at all we're meant to be doing here other than Critchley doesn't want to get the sack in six games time? It's just Balogun again.

Barnes would be another one for the say one thing, then do another. That is what is frustrating.

I don’t think we have an Academy that is in a position to constantly provide the first team with players that can perform at that level, hardly any club does, it’s a fantasy.

It is arrogant to think we can continually create players from the age of 8 (Langley, Furlong, Kakay) or polish rough diamonds like Eze and the Board are foolish to believe it. If we are meant to believe the plan is for these types of players to fill the first team and be sold for huge profits, then we truly are being taken for mugs.

Having a balance to recruitment is a sensible approach. You need to have a mix of potential sprinkled with people who can get the job done. M’lud Exhibit A: Mr Clint Hill and Mr Shaun Derry
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 11:01]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:05 - Jan 6 with 3288 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:58 - Jan 6 by Dixie_CT

Barnes would be another one for the say one thing, then do another. That is what is frustrating.

I don’t think we have an Academy that is in a position to constantly provide the first team with players that can perform at that level, hardly any club does, it’s a fantasy.

It is arrogant to think we can continually create players from the age of 8 (Langley, Furlong, Kakay) or polish rough diamonds like Eze and the Board are foolish to believe it. If we are meant to believe the plan is for these types of players to fill the first team and be sold for huge profits, then we truly are being taken for mugs.

Having a balance to recruitment is a sensible approach. You need to have a mix of potential sprinkled with people who can get the job done. M’lud Exhibit A: Mr Clint Hill and Mr Shaun Derry
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 11:01]

Yeh and TBF I didn't like either of those signings so what do I know.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:13 - Jan 6 with 3229 viewsDixie_CT

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:05 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Yeh and TBF I didn't like either of those signings so what do I know.

Same. Thought they were both busted flushes and Adel embarrassed Derry at Selhurst Park the previous season.

We don’t appreciate the unexciting and workmanlike signings of necessity . We all want the potential and excitement of a Trevor Sinclair, John Spencer, Mark Kennedy, Mike Sheron (cough). Funnily enough at QPR, historically it’s been the unappealing and unexciting that have worked out compared to the glitz and glamour purchases.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:14 - Jan 6 with 3212 viewsBklynRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:13 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

Can't say I'm as angry as some about the Roberts situation: at signing point, if he's played 15 games by Xmas then likelihood is he would be doing quite well - feels like a clause we would have put in rather than them if anything. Sadly, injuries, World Cup, manager shenanigans and so on have meant he probably hasn't started four games in a row yet. I think he looked good in his last game and gave us our best (not saying much) moments v Luton. It would be worrying if NC wanted to send him back but didn't know about the clause. That would be very amateurish. Hopefully not the case.

Richards is an in jury issue isn't it? Clearly not been fit, but looks clearly talented and to be honest I think is our replacement for Willock. Would really like to see him more though. If we're buying him in the summer, don't see the issue with buying him now.

No issues with either of them, it's more who we're linked with: wingers, hybrid forwards, of which we already have plenty, and a 33 year old who will score with about the same regularity as Dykes if we're lucky. At this point, with the league as it is, I'd either go big as almosty anyone could make the top 6, or don't bother, as we shouldn't (ahem) go down.

I'm not angry either, but I think that 15 game clause, as I'm reading it, is a mistake in terms of reducing our options. Obviously that may well be journalistic licence (god forbid) and the agreement holds for both sides, i.e. can't be sent back but also can't be recalled - quite possible and feels a bit better, but I don't think he's done anywhere near enough to have got to 15 games if that clause was in place, regardless of our limited options. But it's good that he seems to have played well in the last game, and I have seen decent periods of play from him.

Richards I eventually bothered to check and he doesn't seem to have been injured since the end of October, and played nearly the full game after his Huddersfield appearance (away to Coventry) before going back on the bench and gradually now popping up in Critcho's plans. So it's happening for him now if rather slowly.

I'd quite like to see Ebiowei (another vowel please Carol) come in tbh - think that might work out better than expected.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:49 - Jan 6 with 3044 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

So now we want wingers, having not played with wingers since before Warburton. Oh, and yet more loan signings!
It would be nice to go through a season without a single loan, and perhaps have a squad and youth prospects that are good enough so we dont have to go cap inhand to other clubs. It feels a little embarrassing and humiliating.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:05 - Jan 6 with 2958 viewsBklynRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:49 - Jan 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

So now we want wingers, having not played with wingers since before Warburton. Oh, and yet more loan signings!
It would be nice to go through a season without a single loan, and perhaps have a squad and youth prospects that are good enough so we dont have to go cap inhand to other clubs. It feels a little embarrassing and humiliating.

Different manager = different ideas though, that's just the reality. Ideally not wildly, squad scappingly different but he's entitled to have his own thoughts and should. Plus the idea of needing more pace has been around since before BOS even left.

The picture you paint would. Be nice WWC, fully agree, but we all know we're not there. If the Palace lad would be blocking someone then fair enough absolutely - Shodipo is one but has had a run and certainly not a youngster. Either way I'm not pushing for it but could see it helping.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:51 - Jan 6 with 2729 viewscolinallcars

I hear we're hoping to get Jubilation T. Cornpone on loan from Oklahoma City.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:59 - Jan 6 with 2654 viewsBakes

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:26 - Jan 6 by dmm

Does anyone know what is going on with Richards? Why doesn't he ever start, or rarely come on from the bench? That's two managers he's played under at QPR that don't appear to rate him.

And what's the supposed fee for him in the summer - £500k?!

It's all very strange.

Could it be an appearance clause? If he plays a certain amount of games we are obliged to buy him? Maybe the club don’t fancy him so are not playing him or he is just another player who likes the physios table.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:02 - Jan 6 with 2634 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:49 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Agree with that.

If you read it, Barnes isn't even a rumour - it says the club have been 'alerted to his availability'- so essentially an agent/Burnley is/are telling clubs he's up for a loan. Completely agree he'd be a pointless step given where we are. 2 years ago, Austin and Jojo at this point could have been a similar thing, but we were in dire danger of relegation, so it was worth those loans. If we were flying you might even take him as cover. as it is it's pointless, and i couldn't see it saving NC's job if it was coming to that.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024