Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If I was Critchley.... 09:13 - Jan 29 with 6497 viewsGaryBannister86

I would follow up my excellent words in the post match interview.

Build my own squad, with players that want to be here and understand that QPR is actually more than just a stepping stone / retirement home / cosy club.

Send back Roberts with a note saying "Doesn't work, refund needed".

Send back Tim with a note saying "Thanks, but train him yourself, please"

Keep Laird and Lowe because the alternatives aren't worth thinking about and we still need points.

Send Balogun back to Rangers with a note saying "Sorry, but he misses his Daddy"

Terminate the contracts of the relentless dross like Niko, Kakay, Thomas and Archer.

Gather the rest together, make Field captain. Tell them when Dykes returns he's our main man and that the level of commitment he shows (even when clearly unwell) is our minimum standard.

Give more squad time to Armstrong, Amos, Alfie Lloyd when he's back, anyone from the U18s with a glimmer like Kolli. Show them what the future could be.

Tell 'em we're in a relegation fight. Whatever football cliche crap you need. Cup Finals (maybe not the best idea to associate with the cups for us) etc. Get us those 12 points, get us to 50, then we will talk about next season.

DO NOT get any more loans in before now and Tuesday. Or old crocks, or mercenaries.

We are QPR. Find that somewhere.
If I was Critchley.... on 09:23 - Jan 29 with 4779 viewsLogman

He can't do too much with the squad because we can't buy anyone and we haven't got anyone to sell, apart from Dieng.

My own view is that he needs to make some radical changes to the training and preparation. Because we are playing under-cooked training ground football at the moment.

He needs to get the players running up hills, training at an army camp, playing against a team (not amongst themselves) who are going to be in their faces etc.

Get a guest coach in, get a coach from another sport who has won a World Cup in, get John Beck in. Something needs to change in the way we are going about it.
If I was Critchley.... on 09:25 - Jan 29 with 4764 viewsdaveB

he can't send the loans back for starters

For all Tim's faults he is at least available to play every week unlike our own players like Amos and Johansen
If I was Critchley.... on 09:27 - Jan 29 with 4757 viewsdistortR

If I was Critchley.... on 09:25 - Jan 29 by daveB

For all Tim's faults he is at least available to play every week unlike our own players like Amos and Johansen

Difficult to send Balogun back as well, considering we 'own' him.
If I was Critchley.... on 09:30 - Jan 29 with 4733 viewsEastR

He can't. He's the head coach, not the director of football

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

If I was Critchley.... on 09:30 - Jan 29 with 4735 viewsozranger

Strangely, some of that makes sense.

However, one item does not and I stated at the game it was a clear problem. Leadership. Field is not a leader by voice. He may be by action and that's a decent maybe as he is very passive with the ball, but vocally he is not. Yes, we desperately need someone there to show leadership and hopefully the eventual return of Johansen will fill that gap. It was so evident yesterday.
If I was Critchley.... on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 4671 viewsQPROslo

If I was Critchley.... on 09:30 - Jan 29 by ozranger

Strangely, some of that makes sense.

However, one item does not and I stated at the game it was a clear problem. Leadership. Field is not a leader by voice. He may be by action and that's a decent maybe as he is very passive with the ball, but vocally he is not. Yes, we desperately need someone there to show leadership and hopefully the eventual return of Johansen will fill that gap. It was so evident yesterday.

We need Stefan back fit. But most of all for both his ability and his in game management of the defence, we need Balogun back as soon as he is ready.
If I was Critchley.... on 09:43 - Jan 29 with 4644 viewsGaryBannister86

Well we owned Bonne and basically we sent him back to Charlton.

And why can't we send loans back. I am sure we can negoriate or do something unless we've signed the most ridiculous deals. Their parent club won't want them here in these circumstances surely.
If I was Critchley.... on 09:45 - Jan 29 with 4623 viewsozexile

Get them in Sunday like Gerry use to do. That'd be a start.
Login to get fewer ads

If I was Critchley.... on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 4452 viewscolinallcars

If I was Critchley.... on 09:45 - Jan 29 by ozexile

Get them in Sunday like Gerry use to do. That'd be a start.

Get them in the pub Sunday more like……
If I was Critchley.... on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 4413 viewsdaveB

If I was Critchley.... on 09:43 - Jan 29 by GaryBannister86

And why can't we send loans back. I am sure we can negoriate or do something unless we've signed the most ridiculous deals. Their parent club won't want them here in these circumstances surely.

you can but you have to pay if it's your decision
If I was Critchley.... on 10:37 - Jan 29 with 4347 viewsgazza1

NC needs to get the players to be far more positive in all area's of the park, get the ball forward a lot quicker, stop passing back & sideways.....things may be a little different if we are 1 or 2-0 up in the last 20 minutes but we need to start a lot more positively and generally be more attack minded.

I believe that we have the squad to do a lot better but mentally we struggle so much.....

Lastly, most of the 'squad' players need moving on somehow, not easy but they need to go so that we can get better players into the Club.
If I was Critchley.... on 10:53 - Jan 29 with 4328 viewsAndybrat

If I was Critchley.... on 10:37 - Jan 29 by gazza1

NC needs to get the players to be far more positive in all area's of the park, get the ball forward a lot quicker, stop passing back & sideways.....things may be a little different if we are 1 or 2-0 up in the last 20 minutes but we need to start a lot more positively and generally be more attack minded.

I believe that we have the squad to do a lot better but mentally we struggle so much.....

Lastly, most of the 'squad' players need moving on somehow, not easy but they need to go so that we can get better players into the Club.

Calls for a Clive / Critchley interview methinks
If I was Critchley.... on 11:01 - Jan 29 with 4288 viewsNortholt_Rs

If I was Critchley.... on 10:53 - Jan 29 by Andybrat

Calls for a Clive / Critchley interview methinks

And a Clive/LF interview to tell us his vision… ST sales are going to be interesting for next season.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

If I was Critchley.... on 12:41 - Jan 29 with 4099 viewsstanistheman

If we don’t get any more loans then we need to buy players. We need cover or replacements for Laird, Paal and Dykes as they are injured atm and what happens if they miss more games.

Also, if we send back the likes of Roberts Iroegbenum and Balogun won’t they need replacing? Amos is injured, Dozzell is not good enough going by his previous appearances and we would be short on CBs with only Dunne, Dickie and the often injured JCS. Putting in our U18s to replace the loanees and the players you want rid of would drop QPR further down the table.
If I was Critchley.... on 13:45 - Jan 29 with 3928 viewsswisscottage

If I was Critchley.... on 12:41 - Jan 29 by stanistheman

If we don’t get any more loans then we need to buy players. We need cover or replacements for Laird, Paal and Dykes as they are injured atm and what happens if they miss more games.

Also, if we send back the likes of Roberts Iroegbenum and Balogun won’t they need replacing? Amos is injured, Dozzell is not good enough going by his previous appearances and we would be short on CBs with only Dunne, Dickie and the often injured JCS. Putting in our U18s to replace the loanees and the players you want rid of would drop QPR further down the table.

We are already maximum number of loans

Where's the money coming from to buy players within the next two days?
If I was Critchley.... on 17:41 - Jan 29 with 3634 viewsPinnerPaul

If I was Critchley.... on 09:43 - Jan 29 by GaryBannister86

What 'circumstances'?

That's what they come here for.

If they wanted an easy life, playing games where Tim is literally the best player on the pitch every week, mainly because no one tackles him, then Villa would still have him in their U23s/B team.

As Ainsworth has said many a time there is a world away from professional football where everyone wants to win and will do anything for that to happen and academy football.

And yes agree with the above, its a legal contract - not ohh we're losing a few, we're blaming the loan players - here you go!
If I was Critchley.... on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 3634 viewsterryb

If I was Critchley.... on 09:25 - Jan 29 by daveB

Personally Dave, I don't think being available every week is a reason for selecting someone!

Duke-Mckenna has been available as well & he wouldn't have been worse for us since the start of Novenmer than Tim has been!

However, back to the OP, the first thing I would do is revert to a back three & avoid playing Dickie & Dunne together in a back four.
If I was Critchley.... on 21:15 - Jan 29 with 3390 viewsgobbles

Why does Archer get blamed? Surely the people who are actually playing are the problem
If I was Critchley.... on 08:53 - Jan 30 with 3176 viewsWokingR

If I was Critchley, I would send them all on a 10 mile run this morning.
I would refuse to give them any coaching or let them near a ball, as they are not listening or doing what he wants them to do anyway.
If any of them do feel this shouldn't be applied to them, then they need to realise they are a team, and if they are being let down by team mates then they need to call them out and sort this themselves.
Same again tomorrow until this shit stops !
If I was Critchley.... on 10:42 - Jan 30 with 2952 viewsHooping_Mad

If I was Critchley.... on 21:15 - Jan 29 by gobbles

Why does Archer get blamed? Surely the people who are actually playing are the problem

Personally I think words like relentless dross require citation.

When has Archer been relentless at anything since joining? His record is saved penalty, shoulder exploded. That's it.

He's backup keeper at a club who think the sun shines through the first choices ass, what's he supposed to do exactly?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

If I was Critchley.... on 11:01 - Jan 30 with 2882 viewsGaryBannister86

If I was Critchley.... on 10:42 - Jan 30 by Hooping_Mad

Personally I think words like relentless dross require citation.

When has Archer been relentless at anything since joining? His record is saved penalty, shoulder exploded. That's it.

He's backup keeper at a club who think the sun shines through the first choices ass, what's he supposed to do exactly?

OK, just my opinion on Archer having seen him play elsewhere. Don't rate him. He hasn't acted professionally either, giving us some bad press. Maybe harsh, but would prefer to see youngsters such as Walsh myself.

Dieng is an excellent keeper - as ever, we won't appreciate how good until he's gone.
If I was Critchley.... on 11:06 - Jan 30 with 2844 viewsPaddyhoops

If he had any sense he’d run for the f***ing hills!!
If I was Critchley.... on 11:28 - Jan 30 with 2762 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I suspect this season is now about staying in the division with a rebuild planned for the summer. For me, Neil needs to add some spine to the team by recruiting Shaun Derry/Clint Hill/Bradley Orr types. The fact that Field has the armband (albeit in Stefan's absence) speaks volumes of the lack of leadership qualities throughout the squad.
If I was Critchley.... on 11:31 - Jan 30 with 2753 viewsHooping_Mad

In all honesty Dieng is not good at the moment, not selecting Archer seems like a weird call currently.

If I was him I would banging on Neil's door.

Headcase or not

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

If I was Critchley.... on 11:43 - Jan 30 with 2704 viewsBenny_the_Ball

If I was Critchley.... on 11:31 - Jan 30 by Hooping_Mad

In all honesty Dieng is not good at the moment, not selecting Archer seems like a weird call currently.

If I was him I would banging on Neil's door.

Headcase or not

QPR have 99 problems but Dieng ain't 1. Besides with FFP always looming large we need our saleable assets in the shop window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024