Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ince gone 10:26 - Apr 11 with 6770 viewswombat

sacked by reading just now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

ince gone on 13:59 - Apr 11 with 2060 viewsLblock

A friend / ex work colleague has a highly thought of son at the Reading Academy

Apparently this rolled thus:-
Ince been larging it that “if we drop its nuffink to do with me”
Execs had the hump about that.
Regular post match debriefing meeting this morning
Question asked why another last minute goal conceded and why wasn’t x, y or z done
Ince got up and said “if you know so ‘kin much why don’t you run the team” and marched out
He was then summoned back and told “you’re sacked”

Let’s hope this hinders and doesn’t help

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

ince gone on 14:12 - Apr 11 with 2010 viewsted_hendrix

ince gone on 10:47 - Apr 11 by BerkoRanger

Doesn't son, Tom Ince still play for Reading?

Yes leading goal scorer too, got himself a contract extension earlier this season.

I'm refraining from celebrating Ince's sacking, It's quite possible It could work against us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

ince gone on 14:44 - Apr 11 with 1894 viewsBrianMcCarthy

ince gone on 13:59 - Apr 11 by Lblock

A friend / ex work colleague has a highly thought of son at the Reading Academy

Apparently this rolled thus:-
Ince been larging it that “if we drop its nuffink to do with me”
Execs had the hump about that.
Regular post match debriefing meeting this morning
Question asked why another last minute goal conceded and why wasn’t x, y or z done
Ince got up and said “if you know so ‘kin much why don’t you run the team” and marched out
He was then summoned back and told “you’re sacked”

Let’s hope this hinders and doesn’t help

Oh, never change, Paul Ince. Never change!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

ince gone on 14:54 - Apr 11 with 1837 viewscolinallcars

Reading Football Club…..

Where the board and Paul Ince meet,
And both end up as mincemeat.

I hope.
ince gone on 15:09 - Apr 11 with 1776 viewsdanehoop

ince gone on 13:13 - Apr 11 by LazyFan

That's because they are rubbish, and he knows it. They have no defence (yes even worse than ours) so, he was trying to park the bus and hope to nick one.

He inherited a FUBAR situation and managed to keep them above the relegation zone. They probably would have ended up with 53 pts at the end of the season and been safe if not for the deduction.

It's also even more stupid as Tom Ince is their best player so, he won't be that motivated to play or stay after this.

but hasnt that happened before for the Ince dynasty? Father arrives where son is playing or vice versa. One movers on and the other follows.

Never knowingly understood

ince gone on 17:16 - Apr 11 with 1517 viewsstainrods_elbow

ince gone on 13:10 - Apr 11 by collegeranger

Director of Football - Mark Bowen - nuff said....

I think Jim Bowen would be an improvement on ours!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 17:17]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

ince gone on 19:50 - Apr 11 with 1323 viewsthemodfather

glad he's gone, average player and bottled it in the euro 96 semi, he took penalties at liverpool, west ham and man utd, probably in italy too, then sat under a towel crying and made southgate step up. khunt.
ince gone on 20:04 - Apr 11 with 1290 viewsLoyalitat

ince gone on 19:50 - Apr 11 by themodfather

glad he's gone, average player and bottled it in the euro 96 semi, he took penalties at liverpool, west ham and man utd, probably in italy too, then sat under a towel crying and made southgate step up. khunt.

Played over 50 times for his country, captained his country seven times, won all domestic trophies, European Cup Winners' cup with Man Utd. Had two successful years abroad with Inter Milan losing in a UEFA cup final.

Yeah, the above is representative of a decidedly average player. Thank goodness he baulked taking the penalty in the Euros.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 7:51]
Login to get fewer ads

ince gone on 20:48 - Apr 11 with 1209 viewsManinBlack

ince gone on 13:12 - Apr 11 by SimonJames

If Burnley beat the Fakes and Rotherham, then they've already won the Championship before we go there. So maybe they might try out a few youngsters before next season...
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 13:12]

Two ways to look at the Burnley fixture.

Kompany has seen how Guardiola works and that means playing a strong team and treating every game the same. Like City playing their first team against Burton and winning 9-0. I have no doubts the Guardiola philosophy will be followed by Kompany so that could be bad news for us.

On the other hand Kompany needs to be reminded how we handed City the league title giving him the trophy to lift. On that basis he owes us one big favour...the
ince gone on 21:29 - Apr 11 with 1154 viewsOldPedro

Paul Ince is a wâš“ (at least, that's what we sang at Old Trafford in the cup many, many years ago....)

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

ince gone on 22:56 - Apr 11 with 976 viewsCamberleyR

ince gone on 20:04 - Apr 11 by Loyalitat

Played over 50 times for his country, captained his country seven times, won all domestic trophies, European Cup Winners' cup with Man Utd. Had two successful years abroad with Inter Milan losing in a UEFA cup final.

Yeah, the above is representative of a decidedly average player. Thank goodness he baulked taking the penalty in the Euros.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 7:51]

He didn't win the Champions League with Man Utd. He was playing for Liverpool when they won it in 1999.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

ince gone on 23:51 - Apr 11 with 900 viewsLoyalitat

ince gone on 22:56 - Apr 11 by CamberleyR

He didn't win the Champions League with Man Utd. He was playing for Liverpool when they won it in 1999.

Thank you for that, my apologies for getting that majorly wrong.
ince gone on 00:41 - Apr 12 with 851 viewsSydneyRs

ince gone on 19:50 - Apr 11 by themodfather

Remember him absolutely bossing a game v us when he was a youngster at West Ham. Far and away the best player on the pitch.

Think all "the guvnor" nonsense went to his head at Man Utd, I was there when we spent half a game at Old Trafford using a different word for him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024