Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... 19:10 - May 8 with 7114 viewsWatfordR

I am just hoping and praying that someone in charge of the club reads this forum.

Gareth Ainsworth may have been popular as a player. He may want to do his best for the club. He's got lovely hair, and his new single is bound to be a hit, but for Christ's sake, please let's everyone recognise he is not the right person to have as manager here, and let's cut whatever losses we need to before he spends whatever few bob we've got on bringing in League One cloggers to play League One clogging.

We've had a game today against a team already on holiday. We were safe, and I had hoped we might get a glimpse of what idea of attacking play he's capable of organising. I had hoped we might see the players get the ball down and try to play. But no. Launch it, play it forward, no matter if you've got the ball under control, no matter if you're playing it vaguely in the direction of one of your colleagues. Swing it forward. Absolutely no attacking plan otherwise. Bristol as I said had nothing to play for, but could still be @rsed to do the basics of football, pass and move.

Anyone trying to convince everyone that GA is magically going to conjure up something next season that is watchable outside of bl00dy Wycombe is kidding themselves, and the usual suspects will no doubt be out in force to tell us we don't understand later.

Well I've been watching football for long enough to know what's right and what isn't, and GA's idea of football isn't going to work at Championship level. As the old saying goes, if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog, it's probably a dog. And that football might win at Cruft's, but that's it.

In his comments on Johansen - "The intensity we’re playing at the moment doesn’t suit your passing game". Sums GA up in a nutshell. Energy, enthusiasm, intensity - footballing technique and skill nowhere on the list of priorities.

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God, get shot of him NOW.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 19:23 - May 8 with 5384 viewsRangersw12

Don't worry mate its all going to workout well

GA is going to build the team around Richards you know the fella who's played 60 mins of the whole season and remember GA doesn't really like playing 442 long ball football but had to in games where we needed to get a result you know like today !!!

The reason I know all this is as Ian Holloways mate of 20 years posts on here and he's done the same course as Dobson so clearly knows what he's talking about
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 20:01 - May 8 with 5171 viewsessextaxiboy

He has a 3/12 year contract . IMO he has earnt the right to prepare a squad for next season . If he is not the one for the job going forward we will find out soon enough . Back to the wall with this apathetic bunch is an unfair place to judge .. again IMO .

My eldest agrees with the OP , made for an interesting chat after the game
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 20:18 - May 8 with 5053 viewsArcticHoop

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 20:01 - May 8 by essextaxiboy

He has a 3/12 year contract . IMO he has earnt the right to prepare a squad for next season . If he is not the one for the job going forward we will find out soon enough . Back to the wall with this apathetic bunch is an unfair place to judge .. again IMO .

My eldest agrees with the OP , made for an interesting chat after the game

Totally agree.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 20:30 - May 8 with 4997 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm kind of with Watford on this one. Well done Gaz, here have a nice pay off for achieving your goal, Wycombe will take you. back tomorrow no doubt maybe some other suitors in league one. But you are asking for an entire new squad where we have jack in finances nor are we going to get any more finances unless we can get some players and coach them to be players the premier league or upper championship want playing a style the premier league plays and are willing to pay for

If the club has a long term strategy then it needs the employees to achieve that aim, and it has to move on those dont or won't fit that Strat. And that means being ruthless, the DOF, the Technical Director, the 1st team coaching staff, head of recruitment the CEO etc all need to be moved on in the next 12 months they need to be accountable. The players that have not made the grade need to be moved on, the players that have gone beyond their Indian summer need to be moved on
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 21:23 - May 8 with 4743 viewsessextaxiboy

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 20:30 - May 8 by baz_qpr

I'm kind of with Watford on this one. Well done Gaz, here have a nice pay off for achieving your goal, Wycombe will take you. back tomorrow no doubt maybe some other suitors in league one. But you are asking for an entire new squad where we have jack in finances nor are we going to get any more finances unless we can get some players and coach them to be players the premier league or upper championship want playing a style the premier league plays and are willing to pay for

If the club has a long term strategy then it needs the employees to achieve that aim, and it has to move on those dont or won't fit that Strat. And that means being ruthless, the DOF, the Technical Director, the 1st team coaching staff, head of recruitment the CEO etc all need to be moved on in the next 12 months they need to be accountable. The players that have not made the grade need to be moved on, the players that have gone beyond their Indian summer need to be moved on

But how should we prepare for our first league game in 12 weeks time ?
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 21:52 - May 8 with 4585 viewsbongo_king

We've got ourselves into a bit of a catch 22 here.

If we dump him its a massive payoff we can't afford and god knows who will come/who we can afford. If we keep but don't back, we're almost certainly in L1. If we keep but back, there is a fair risk we'll be looking for another manager mid season with an unsuitable team.

The big mistake was giving Critchley, then him, 3.5 year contracts as a knee jerk to Beale (former) and out of desperation/precedent (latter).

While I don't think the Ainsworth appointment was right to begin with and don't particularly like the football, I get the feeling that, given the hole we are in, we should back him carefully (i.e. have a DOF oversee the signings so we have a partly "recyclable" team. Problem is signs are the current DOF, rightly, likely won't be here next season (and probably is not capable of this anyhow). So who will be DOF, if there is indeed one?

Bottom line for me is we've sunk a long way in 12 months and it doesn't look like there are any easy ways out, we'll have to roll the dice one way and hope it works out.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:04 - May 8 with 4494 viewsLazyFan

Dumping Gaz turns us into Watford, but worse, with no money and no assets, as forgot, no decent manager trusting us to come here, no player will trust us to come here, and the ones here will want out hard.

Gaz has to be given the summer and up to November. Then if it's terrible as some say it will be, we will have to get Colin in, who will probably be available by then. Or Gazball works, and we enjoy the next stage in the rollercoaster!

zzzzzzzzzz

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:10 - May 8 with 4467 viewsRangersw12

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:04 - May 8 by LazyFan

Dumping Gaz turns us into Watford, but worse, with no money and no assets, as forgot, no decent manager trusting us to come here, no player will trust us to come here, and the ones here will want out hard.

Gaz has to be given the summer and up to November. Then if it's terrible as some say it will be, we will have to get Colin in, who will probably be available by then. Or Gazball works, and we enjoy the next stage in the rollercoaster!

I don't think we can give him until November as if we're going to go down this route and allow him to buy the players etc there is no point sacking him in November as it will do more harm than good

We either get rid now and say thanks for keeping us up or back him regardless

I know what I would be doing....
Login to get fewer ads

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:14 - May 8 with 4435 viewsdaveB

I read on here last week our style of play was like how Man City play on the break so I'm sure everything is going to be fine, nothing to worry about at all
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:27 - May 8 with 4386 viewsted_hendrix

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:10 - May 8 by Rangersw12

I don't think we can give him until November as if we're going to go down this route and allow him to buy the players etc there is no point sacking him in November as it will do more harm than good

We either get rid now and say thanks for keeping us up or back him regardless

I know what I would be doing....

Very big decisions to be made and they need making very quickly in fact over the next few days IMO.

Who ever the hell Is making these decisions at the club need to be getting they're bloody arses into gear now.

It's all been laid bare for anyone to see where we've going wrong, one of the crappest seasons for many a year has just finished thank f uck, from the current Manager right up to board level and all the way down to the players we have pretty much under performed.

Now Is not the time for the powers that be to sit comfortably on their hands but now Is the time to start getting this 'sorry' club up and running again.

I can't and don't want to go though another season like the one that has just finished.

I make no apologies again for saying GA Is not the Manager to take us forward.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 23:50 - May 8 with 4155 viewsDejR_vu

We’ve backed ourselves into a corner again. A year ago, we had stability, a style of play, we were progressing, we had Prem teams wanting to play us pre-season and considered us a club they could trust their young players with on loan. A year later and it’s been an absolute car crash of a season. We’ve had three permanent managers, the squad needs tearing up and starting again, the players that could’ve brought in some cash have crumbled to dust, we have no money, a potential P&S issue, with possible points deduction and transfer embargo looming. We are, once again, a poisoned chalice.

We have people making decisions that have an uncanny knack of making the wrong decision 95% of the time. We just get worse and worse and deeper into the sh1t every time they roll the dice.

There is probably a manager out there that could handle all that and make a go if it, but the people running the club have have as much chance of finding that person as I have of pogo-sticking to the moon.

At this stage we just have to close our eyes, hold on tight and hope Dobbo can walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 23:53 - May 8 with 4126 viewsNorthernr

This gets worse before it gets better.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 00:00 - May 9 with 4077 viewshubble

Up until today wanted to believe that GA had a few cards up his sleeve. Now I see that ironically it's true: except it means the opposite: he's not playing with a full deck. Similarly, until today I was kidding myself that the ageing rock star look was endearing; now I see it as symptomatic of a shocking reality: he's a fantasist, believing, in a kind of sub-Allardyce way, that he's much better than he really is. I'm talking about his music, of course. I actually watched that video someone posted.

As far as his management style goes, well..... it looks grim, doesn't it. Wow. Talk about digging a hole: from the Eel, to Critchley, to this. Spectacular.

I was reminiscing with an old mate this evening about the Warnock/Taarabt season. How far away that seems now, like a different age. What's happening to QPR today seems reflective of some wider malaise in society. For we are nothing if not trendy, in that eclectic Rangers way. I was also telling my mate about how interesting this site is (for many reasons) and about Clive's brilliant write ups, and relaying that bit in in his most recent preview about the French film noir where every town is Preston. But there's the rub: this 'reality' is, after all, a narrative. So how does one, do you, do we, does the club, change the narrative? I don't know, but it has to be possible... doesn't it?

[Post edited 9 May 2023 8:18]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 00:29 - May 9 with 4031 viewsPunteR

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 21:23 - May 8 by essextaxiboy

But how should we prepare for our first league game in 12 weeks time ?

Clean slate.
If I was the owners, with the type of money they have backing them, then I would be looking at a clean slate. Start again.
Medical staff, coaching, DoF, manager, players.
Start over again. The past 8 years hasn't worked.
I do think we still need a doF, so that would be my first change.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 0:37]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 00:31 - May 9 with 4026 viewskensalriser

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 00:00 - May 9 by hubble

Up until today wanted to believe that GA had a few cards up his sleeve. Now I see that ironically it's true: except it means the opposite: he's not playing with a full deck. Similarly, until today I was kidding myself that the ageing rock star look was endearing; now I see it as symptomatic of a shocking reality: he's a fantasist, believing, in a kind of sub-Allardyce way, that he's much better than he really is. I'm talking about his music, of course. I actually watched that video someone posted.

As far as his management style goes, well..... it looks grim, doesn't it. Wow. Talk about digging a hole: from the Eel, to Critchley, to this. Spectacular.

I was reminiscing with an old mate this evening about the Warnock/Taarabt season. How far away that seems now, like a different age. What's happening to QPR today seems reflective of some wider malaise in society. For we are nothing if not trendy, in that eclectic Rangers way. I was also telling my mate about how interesting this site is (for many reasons) and about Clive's brilliant write ups, and relaying that bit in in his most recent preview about the French film noir where every town is Preston. But there's the rub: this 'reality' is, after all, a narrative. So how does one, do you, do we, does the club, change the narrative? I don't know, but it has to be possible... doesn't it?

[Post edited 9 May 2023 8:18]

There's the narrative and there's reality. And like two trains travelling in North West London, one on the Jubilee line and the other on the Metropolitan, sometimes they coincide and sometimes they're apart. But mostly they're apart.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 01:03 - May 9 with 3968 viewsBoston

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 00:31 - May 9 by kensalriser

There's the narrative and there's reality. And like two trains travelling in North West London, one on the Jubilee line and the other on the Metropolitan, sometimes they coincide and sometimes they're apart. But mostly they're apart.

But by moving track six feet to the left, we can pass them both on the Chiltern Main Line.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 01:13 - May 9 with 3958 viewsNorthLondonR

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:27 - May 8 by ted_hendrix

Very big decisions to be made and they need making very quickly in fact over the next few days IMO.

Who ever the hell Is making these decisions at the club need to be getting they're bloody arses into gear now.

It's all been laid bare for anyone to see where we've going wrong, one of the crappest seasons for many a year has just finished thank f uck, from the current Manager right up to board level and all the way down to the players we have pretty much under performed.

Now Is not the time for the powers that be to sit comfortably on their hands but now Is the time to start getting this 'sorry' club up and running again.

I can't and don't want to go though another season like the one that has just finished.

I make no apologies again for saying GA Is not the Manager to take us forward.

100%.. we all wanted to happen, but it literally just won't. I was there, I saw the patterns, I saw what we were trying to do... we literally have two of the most gifted players in the league at our disposal and we get served that. School boy football IMHO... I am not confident in this regime whatsoever and I am thinking anyone, look at it??? It's horrific.. today was a shambles
I'm still with GA on this on 03:30 - May 9 with 3867 viewsstrikerace

He was brought in at the very end, after 2 other managers, to keep us up. Which he did, who cares what he had to do or who he had to pay off. He wasn't brought in to play beautiful football, and he wasn't brought in to develop players. He did his job.

Now he deserves the offseason to build the team he wants. We will see next season what he is all about, but I do not thin anyone should base it on the few matches he managed over the past 2 months
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 03:42 - May 9 with 3861 viewsHooparoo

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:04 - May 8 by LazyFan

Warnock stepped down as Huddersfield manager today. Just sayin’ 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

I'm still with GA on this on 06:07 - May 9 with 3732 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'm still with GA on this on 03:30 - May 9 by strikerace

He was brought in at the very end, after 2 other managers, to keep us up. Which he did, who cares what he had to do or who he had to pay off. He wasn't brought in to play beautiful football, and he wasn't brought in to develop players. He did his job.

Now he deserves the offseason to build the team he wants. We will see next season what he is all about, but I do not thin anyone should base it on the few matches he managed over the past 2 months

Agree that he did the job he was asked to do, however, as someone else pointed out, the season starts in 12 weeks!
I have got a horrible feeling that isn't going to be enough time.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 07:25 - May 9 with 3567 viewsRs_Holy

Give him a chance... we've tried everything else and it simply has not worked. Given the fact we are shopping at Lidl who the hell would come here and do any better?
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 07:38 - May 9 with 3511 viewsgoodlife

Better now than after seven loss start of next season! Better for GA, better for club. Wrong set up, wrong game management, the players don't believe in the style either.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 07:46 - May 9 with 3477 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I don’t think some people realise what this summer is going to be like. I really don’t think we’ll be ‘selling to buy’, I think we’ll be selling to survive and trying desperately to avoid a points deduction.

If we were to attempt an expansive style next season the recruitment would have to be sensational. Finding players to come here - after this year’s debacle - on low Championship wages on free transfers that have the technical ability to compete at this level is a huge ask of even the best recruitment team.

Eze has kind of spoiled us with firstly his ability and secondly his transfer fee. This summer will be very different in my opinion. Having to rebuild a squad from near scratch that’s capable of going toe for toe with the technical teams in this division feels like a death march.
I'm still with GA on this on 07:54 - May 9 with 3432 viewsdaveB

I'm still with GA on this on 03:30 - May 9 by strikerace

He wasn't brought in at the very end, he came in February when we have 15 games left and were 8 points clear. Since then reading had a 6 point deduction and we still almost went down. Lets not pretend he was coming into a rescue act, it was a mess but has got worse under him
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 07:57 - May 9 with 3395 viewshubble

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 00:31 - May 9 by kensalriser

Yeah, but you can always change at Baker Street...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024