Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Clarke Salter 19:23 - Jul 7 with 11501 viewsDoudou87

I know it’s preseason and optimism is at an all time high but there is something to like about this report. I think last season left me so deflated that my perception of players ability has changed. When JCS signed I was over the moon, youngish, highly rated at Chelsea with the ability to play a full season without injury, what was there not to like. With his struggles last season I feel we have written him off, but if and it’s a big if he can maintain fitness we have a very capable defender to partner Dunne. Love the sound of tailored training and Albert taking the lead. I truly believe a good backroom staff can turn a very mediocre squad into challengers. Luton for example, they really didn’t have a promotion winning squad. Mpanzu for example has gone from playing in non league with Luton all the way to the premiership, no coincidence there!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/clarke-salter-new-approach-so-important-070

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Jake Clarke Salter on 19:29 - Jul 7 with 6127 viewsW12Mikey

I was rather shocked at the implication that they didn’t have tailored training before. I would have thought that was something absolutely basic that every professional football club would have.
Jake Clarke Salter on 19:45 - Jul 7 with 6034 viewsDoudou87

I’m sure there was some individual training but sounds like this is an extreme version,you wouldn’t be able to treat the players all the same surely!? But then again this is QPR!

Jake Clarke Salter on 19:46 - Jul 7 with 6027 viewsBushRanger82

Jake Clarke Salter.
Doesn't exist. An urban legend. Bit like spring-heeled Jack. As opposed to Jake.
Jake Clarke Salter on 20:45 - Jul 7 with 5825 viewscolinallcars

Jake Clarke Salter on 19:46 - Jul 7 by BushRanger82

Jake Clarke Salter.
Doesn't exist. An urban legend. Bit like spring-heeled Jack. As opposed to Jake.

Or Greyfriars Bobby.
Jake Clarke Salter on 21:23 - Jul 7 with 5697 viewsBoston

Jake Clarke Salter on 19:46 - Jul 7 by BushRanger82

Jake Clarke Salter.

Diddle thum, diddle thum.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.75d5109746f2f9506046344334caf174?rik=IHRzH9epx3mITw&

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jake Clarke Salter on 21:35 - Jul 7 with 5624 viewsCateLeBonR

Happily revisit this thread at the end of the season and talk about what a success it's been. He's clearly a good player.
Jake Clarke Salter on 21:43 - Jul 7 with 5592 viewsChrisNW6

Jake Clarke Salter on 21:35 - Jul 7 by CateLeBonR

Happily revisit this thread at the end of the season and talk about what a success it's been. He's clearly a good player.

I think he's a good player made of glass and my mate thinks he's pony. I'm hoping GA gets him dragging tyres, running on beaches and smashing the nelly out of dead cows. He really needs to save his career this season and hopefully I'm proved right (apart from being made of glass)

Represented England at every level so far....just wish he could get through a season unscathed.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 21:43]
Jake Clarke Salter on 21:54 - Jul 7 with 5532 viewscolinallcars

Jake Clarke Salter on 21:43 - Jul 7 by ChrisNW6

I think he's a good player made of glass and my mate thinks he's pony. I'm hoping GA gets him dragging tyres, running on beaches and smashing the nelly out of dead cows. He really needs to save his career this season and hopefully I'm proved right (apart from being made of glass)

Represented England at every level so far....just wish he could get through a season unscathed.

I hadn't realised he'd represented England - but then I have zero interest in football these days other than the Rangers. I've only seen him a few times although that goes for most of us. Yes, he looks as if he has ability. As another poster said, let's return to this discussion in April/May.
Login to get fewer ads

Jake Clarke Salter on 22:14 - Jul 7 with 5457 viewsBklynRanger

I'll read it tomorrow I'm sure but for now I couldn't get past what he was apparently 'hailing'.

Once he makes a fcuking effort for a sustained period we can talk about him 'hailing' stuff.
Jake Clarke Salter on 22:36 - Jul 7 with 5388 viewsLblock

I’ll come back here just before the second friendly where I’m sure the team news will contain “…and will be without Jake Glass Salter who misses out with a minor niggle”

He’s got a lot to do to win me over

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jake Clarke Salter on 23:04 - Jul 7 with 5308 viewsnumptydumpty

Jake Clarke Salter on 21:43 - Jul 7 by ChrisNW6

Your last wish "a season unscathed"

"Two games consecutive unscathed" would be progress for me as to Clarke Salter's progress.

He definitely decent player but The nickname " Glass Salter" so deserved.

As to individual training regimes being unusual

Very surprised if we never done that kind of thing before.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Jake Clarke Salter on 09:20 - Jul 8 with 4900 viewsDoudou87

2021-2022 - 29 appearances for Coventry, he has it in him. We need bodies and he could be an important one. Holding out for Ben Williams to be our most important signing this season!

Jake Clarke Salter on 09:30 - Jul 8 with 4863 viewsLogman

Totally unconvincing. When he has played game after game when the chips have been down like Dunne and Dickie last season then I will listen to him (and Balogun). Until that time it is all hot air.
Jake Clarke Salter on 11:25 - Jul 8 with 4692 viewstoboboly

Jake Clarke Salter on 09:20 - Jul 8 by Doudou87

2021-2022 - 29 appearances for Coventry, he has it in him. We need bodies and he could be an important one. Holding out for Ben Williams to be our most important signing this season!

Eh? He is a CB, he should be making 40 starts a season minimum.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Jake Clarke Salter on 11:36 - Jul 8 with 4654 viewsaston_hoop

He's our best centre back when fit. The fact he never is fit is a pretty major inconvenience though! We'll sign more centre backs this season, Balogun will be one of them, but if he stays fit then him and Dunne are the starting 2 for me.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jake Clarke Salter on 12:20 - Jul 8 with 4575 viewscolinallcars

I don't think we'll get much out of him.
Compare him to Illy Chair - he's been head cook and bottle washer for this team for a few seasons, never moaning and rarely getting injured.
Jake Clarke Salter on 12:24 - Jul 8 with 4555 viewsDejR_vu

Jake Clarke Salter on 09:20 - Jul 8 by Doudou87

29 games is only just over half. I know it’s a low bar but crikey, just how far have we fallen if getting 29 games out of a young player is an aspiration.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jake Clarke Salter on 12:26 - Jul 8 with 4545 viewsDavieQPR

So each player has his own fitness programme but Uncle Albert is running a separate one for players outside of this?
Jake Clarke Salter on 12:43 - Jul 8 with 4478 viewsSimonJames

Jake Clarke Salter on 12:26 - Jul 8 by DavieQPR

So each player has his own fitness programme but Uncle Albert is running a separate one for players outside of this?

I assumed he'd just be leading the haka classes now that everyone has their own programme.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Jake Clarke Salter on 13:00 - Jul 8 with 4437 viewsenfieldargh

Jake Clarke Salter on 21:54 - Jul 7 by colinallcars

I hadn't realised he'd represented England - but then I have zero interest in football these days other than the Rangers. I've only seen him a few times although that goes for most of us. Yes, he looks as if he has ability. As another poster said, let's return to this discussion in April/May.

My son is coming round to watch our friendly today.

He called me to say
You know Englands U21 V Spain U21 final is on at 5?

Not sure what he is trying to say

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Jake Clarke Salter on 18:22 - Jul 8 with 4192 viewsLblock

Jake Clarke Salter on 22:36 - Jul 7 by Lblock

I’ll come back here just before the second friendly where I’m sure the team news will contain “…and will be without Jake Glass Salter who misses out with a minor niggle”

He’s got a lot to do to win me over

15 minutes

I mean FFS

FIFTEEN MINUTES

If this club had any bollox, self respect or (I get it) money; they’d send him down the road

PATHETIC

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jake Clarke Salter on 18:27 - Jul 8 with 4157 viewsHAYESBOY

Jake Clarke Salter on 18:22 - Jul 8 by Lblock

15 minutes

I mean FFS

FIFTEEN MINUTES

If this club had any bollox, self respect or (I get it) money; they’d send him down the road

PATHETIC

To be fair to him, I had him off at 10 mins so he did better than I thought.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jake Clarke Salter on 18:27 - Jul 8 with 4153 viewsBushRanger82

15 minutes

I mean FFS

FIFTEEN MINUTES

PATHETIC

It wasn't Jake you all saw today, it was just a mirage.
The real Jake Glass-Salter is in Charing Cross Hospital having life-saving surgery on a bruised toe.
Jake Clarke Salter on 18:38 - Jul 8 with 4104 viewsdannyblue

Jake Clarke Salter on 12:26 - Jul 8 by DavieQPR

Yes this seemed at odds to the tailored programmes they're banging on about!
Jake Clarke Salter on 18:48 - Jul 8 with 4030 viewspaulparker

15 minutes

I mean FFS

FIFTEEN MINUTES

PATHETIC

Be lucky to get 10 games out of him next season
Another dud who likes all the trimmings of being a professional footballer but not actually playing any football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024