Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pull the trigger 17:15 - Aug 5 with 16295 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm sorry it has to end like this, I know they love the club, know the club etc... I know we dont have a pot to piss in and limited resources. But we need an experienced championship manager who can tactically set up a team will play to what little strengths we have, will play a style of football that players want to come or stay here for. They need good connections can pick up some loans or frees in what is now a 4 week window.

Safety is the target.

This is not or will ever work in 2023 in the Championship. I dont care if they don't know the club love the club or played their entire career for Chelsea they need to be competent. And if we go down they need to know they will get the opportunity to rebuild a "football team"
Pull the trigger on 17:30 - Aug 5 with 10213 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Pull the trigger on 17:51 - Aug 5 with 10028 viewsDesertBoot

We had in Neil Critchley who rightly criticised the players’ attitude and was duly sacked.
I bet he wouldn’t have lost 5-0 at Oxford and got at least some effort and game plan today.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Pull the trigger on 17:56 - Aug 5 with 9961 viewsqprd

when we went down 2-0 and the direction of travel became very obvious, i was actually hoping we'd lose 7 or 8-0 so that hte fans and board would be so embarrassed theyd be more likely to move ainsworth on

he has managed to successfully gaslight the fan base into thinking this is a bad squad. yes, its clearly a bottom half squad, but we have plenty of very good players here who could play at a higher level (top 6 in this division or better), such as chair, willock, field. to lengthen his own tenure, he has repeatedly come out and talked down our squad- how do you expect them to perform when youve basically been telling everyone how crap they are?

moreover, the best way for us to stay up is to maximise the output of our two key players, chair and willock. chair is too good a player to be playing head tennis or dribbling 1 v 5... willock is clearly disengaged under ainsworth

maybe willock is unprofessional, but the reality is, he is in the last year of his contract- if he sits it out and plays like crap, he is just going to kill his own career or go somewhere on less wages. he is incentivised to do well and get himself a good contract. however, we need a manager who can encourage him and build back his confidence. how did ainsowrth manage willock today? He brought him in the 96th minute down 3-0. that is such a disgusting slap in the face to willock that will only further harm his confidence

ainsworth is frankly clueless tactically adn selection wise.....

ainsworths only skill is encouraging time wasting (in other words, cheating). moreover, given how serious an issue concussions are in sport, its very hard to respect a man who encourages his own players to fake head injuries. hes a disgrace and the sooner hes out of the club the better
Pull the trigger on 18:01 - Aug 5 with 9850 viewsted_hendrix

We haven't the money to sack him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pull the trigger on 18:06 - Aug 5 with 9752 viewsMatch82

Pull the trigger on 17:56 - Aug 5 by qprd

when we went down 2-0 and the direction of travel became very obvious, i was actually hoping we'd lose 7 or 8-0 so that hte fans and board would be so embarrassed theyd be more likely to move ainsworth on

he has managed to successfully gaslight the fan base into thinking this is a bad squad. yes, its clearly a bottom half squad, but we have plenty of very good players here who could play at a higher level (top 6 in this division or better), such as chair, willock, field. to lengthen his own tenure, he has repeatedly come out and talked down our squad- how do you expect them to perform when youve basically been telling everyone how crap they are?

moreover, the best way for us to stay up is to maximise the output of our two key players, chair and willock. chair is too good a player to be playing head tennis or dribbling 1 v 5... willock is clearly disengaged under ainsworth

maybe willock is unprofessional, but the reality is, he is in the last year of his contract- if he sits it out and plays like crap, he is just going to kill his own career or go somewhere on less wages. he is incentivised to do well and get himself a good contract. however, we need a manager who can encourage him and build back his confidence. how did ainsowrth manage willock today? He brought him in the 96th minute down 3-0. that is such a disgusting slap in the face to willock that will only further harm his confidence

ainsworth is frankly clueless tactically adn selection wise.....

ainsworths only skill is encouraging time wasting (in other words, cheating). moreover, given how serious an issue concussions are in sport, its very hard to respect a man who encourages his own players to fake head injuries. hes a disgrace and the sooner hes out of the club the better

You've listed 3 players that you think could get into a top 6 team. That in itself tells you how bad it is. Even an "average" team should have 4 or 5 players who'd get into a top 6 team,

It's dire mate. Ainsworth hasn't set the world on fire and today was pathetic, but this squad is absolute shambles. I'd argue on the basis of the last 6 months we have 2 players who would be making up the numbers in a top 6 team (Field, Chair) and at least 4 or 5 starters for us who wouldn't even start for mid table league 1 sides.
Pull the trigger on 18:09 - Aug 5 with 9684 viewsArcticHoop

Pull the trigger on 18:01 - Aug 5 by ted_hendrix

We haven't the money to sack him.

that´s why i hope he has enough pride to resign
Pull the trigger on 18:15 - Aug 5 with 9589 viewsqprd

Pull the trigger on 18:06 - Aug 5 by Match82

You've listed 3 players that you think could get into a top 6 team. That in itself tells you how bad it is. Even an "average" team should have 4 or 5 players who'd get into a top 6 team,

It's dire mate. Ainsworth hasn't set the world on fire and today was pathetic, but this squad is absolute shambles. I'd argue on the basis of the last 6 months we have 2 players who would be making up the numbers in a top 6 team (Field, Chair) and at least 4 or 5 starters for us who wouldn't even start for mid table league 1 sides.

Just think about what youre saying. Half the first XI on an average team should be playing for a top 6 club? Mathematically, that actually makes no sense.

Lets just make clear though. We have plenty of other handy players in our first XI

-Jimmy Dunne: played in prem and has been in Irleand squda
-Dykes: average Championship striker with many scotland caps (who starts ahead of good players like che adams)
-Begovic has hundreds of prem appearances to his name and has played at likes of chelsea, ac milan
-paal is at least average

-those are all decent championship players. i was just highlighting the really good players we have that can be playing at a higher level

the only positions where we're really lacking is right back, third midfielder and third centerback.. we also dont have much bench strength. however, ainsworth has tried to convince the fans that this team is terrible

you want to know what a crap team looks like? take a look at lutons squad compared to the rest of the prem? Has edwards gone on and on about how his team sucks? That shows you the difference in mentality b/w someone who is systmetically trying to lower expectations to ensure his own job security vs someone who acknowledges what he has and just wants to get on with doing his job... not surprising behaviour from a narcissistic attention behaviour, though
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 18:17]
Pull the trigger on 18:20 - Aug 5 with 9476 viewsNW5Hoop

We have to field too many players who just aren’t good enough for this division. It’s not their fault they’re not good enough, and they must feel devastated this evening. First game of the season, first start in a really big game, big away support and … 33 seconds later, that. And by the end they must have wanted the earth to swallow them. I can only imagine the shame they must be feeling. I feel so sorry for them.

And the good ones aren’t good enough to carry those players. Given how desperate we are to get some cash in *and* free up wage bill, if any of them are thought to be top six material, then they’ll be gone by the end of the window. And if they’re not, they’ll still be here.
Login to get fewer ads

Pull the trigger on 18:23 - Aug 5 with 9408 viewsNorthantsHoop

It's just a mess and we see it unfolding out on the pitch today in such a way as to wonder whether our club can actually compete at all at any level with these players, manager and coaches.
Pull the trigger on 18:31 - Aug 5 with 9251 viewsR_from_afar

Serious question: Who do you suggest that would actually consider the job?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pull the trigger on 18:38 - Aug 5 with 9095 viewspaulparker

Pull the trigger on 18:06 - Aug 5 by Match82

Spot on
This is on the Tune group, Les, Ramsey, Hall, Hoos and anyone else who has had a hand In the miss management of QPR since 2011
We have had a losers mentality since that time it’s from the catering department to the 1st team , the whole thing is a shambles and this season has been coming since January 2021
It’s not on Ainsworth what’s he going to do with Gubbins , Kakay, Dozzell
The whole club needs ripping apart and starting again from the top to the bottom and after the early days of Holloway I never thought we would be in this position again
The fan base deserves so much better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pull the trigger on 18:41 - Aug 5 with 9047 viewsMatch82

Pull the trigger on 18:15 - Aug 5 by qprd

Just think about what youre saying. Half the first XI on an average team should be playing for a top 6 club? Mathematically, that actually makes no sense.

Lets just make clear though. We have plenty of other handy players in our first XI

-Jimmy Dunne: played in prem and has been in Irleand squda
-Dykes: average Championship striker with many scotland caps (who starts ahead of good players like che adams)
-Begovic has hundreds of prem appearances to his name and has played at likes of chelsea, ac milan
-paal is at least average

-those are all decent championship players. i was just highlighting the really good players we have that can be playing at a higher level

the only positions where we're really lacking is right back, third midfielder and third centerback.. we also dont have much bench strength. however, ainsworth has tried to convince the fans that this team is terrible

you want to know what a crap team looks like? take a look at lutons squad compared to the rest of the prem? Has edwards gone on and on about how his team sucks? That shows you the difference in mentality b/w someone who is systmetically trying to lower expectations to ensure his own job security vs someone who acknowledges what he has and just wants to get on with doing his job... not surprising behaviour from a narcissistic attention behaviour, though
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 18:17]

"Just think about what youre saying. Half the first XI on an average team should be playing for a top 6 club? Mathematically, that actually makes no sense."

Sorry, you're wrong here.

Theoretically a mid table team has 11 average players. Say 14 if you want to assume injuries etc over the course of the year.

More realistically that mid table team has a range of ability, some a little better some a little worse. Likewise the teams in the top 6 have a range.

The best players from a mid table club would be better than the worst players in the top 6 club.

So yeah, I stand by my point. Nobody said they'd star for those clubs.
Pull the trigger on 18:47 - Aug 5 with 8941 viewsbosh67

Only 3 points off automatic promotion though!

It’s like the club has watched the movie The Producers and thought, let’s do that!

This season could be our Springtime for Hitler moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pull the trigger on 18:48 - Aug 5 with 8911 viewsLanhoop

It's all very well putting the blame on Ainsworth but he's been dealt cards that no-one would want and which manager would actually want to come in to this mess.

The management team letting Warburton spend all the money on some sh1t recruitment, leaving us with a couple of 50p's and an old washer to rub together have left him with an impossible job. The players need to stand up and take the blame tho'.

Today...

Begovic is no leader, he was silent today and didn't inspire any confidence.
Watching Fox screaming at everyone and they just walk away shrugging their shoulders is insane.
Paal was left unprotected by Chair and then just went into hiding.
Gubbins was missing in action in the first half. Positionally so suspect.
Kakay tries but sometimes the ball being on the pitch is a surprise to him.
Field is fine. Takes too much on but no complaints.
Dozzell isn't improving. He's not strong enough in a 2 in the middle.
Chair is fine but needs to be in the middle to impact the game more.
Smyth ran his legs off and deserves some credit and at least provided some cover for Kakay.
Kelman possibly never made any connection with the ball at any time. Can we introduce some minus scores? He doesn't deserve a zero, he wasn't that good.
Dykes had little to work with but passing to their keeper instead of putting his foot through the ball is not going to make anyone happy.
Armstrong worried everyone. At least he fights and cares. 11 Armstrongs might not be the most skilful but we'd at least appreciate them.
Duke-McKenna worked hard was a key part of the improvement second half.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 18:49]
Pull the trigger on 18:51 - Aug 5 with 8836 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'll say its again. A good manager makes average players good, a great manager makes good players great.
Clough, Fergie, Wenger took players and made them winners.

Ainsworth has taken these players and made them worse. Some are not playing for him, and with the dross hoof ball he wants to serve up I cant blame them.
Pull the trigger on 18:56 - Aug 5 with 8740 viewsGloucs_R

Our forward line are capable of scoring goals. I've said this before but they haven't clicked for 8 or 9 months now.

Dykes needs someone up top with him
Chair is not a Winger

We should be playing 532. We should have Spent the little money we had over the summer on bringing in players who fit a system for which we already have players for.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Pull the trigger on 19:07 - Aug 5 with 8562 viewsNed_Kennedys

Calling for the manager to be sacked after ONE GAME of the season.

Only at QPR.
Pull the trigger on 19:10 - Aug 5 with 8525 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm sorry, I dont buy into the school of thought that it just comes down to the capability of the players and you just pick the best 11 and throw them the pitch which seems to be argument of look at the hand he has been dealt mob.

That set up today and in fact the whole approach this off season has been criminal, we have players bought to play a certain way we bring in a manger who wants to play a complete different way and won't be able to without changing 90% of the squad. A good manager and coaching team adapts. A well coached team operates as a team with everyone knowing their jobs, has a pattern of play, I dont see this at all. Ainsworth wants 20 blokes who are not suited to it to adapt to him. Teams dont want to loan us their players. We've lost Johansson, Dickie and Dieng and the loanees we are short of a right back, a centre back, a central midfielder and a striker. There were plenty of frees around at the start of the summer that have gone to other clubs and not for more money either. It is pointless waiting until September or October, its toxic already.

He is the wrong manager for the club now and tomorrow.
Pull the trigger on 19:29 - Aug 5 with 8299 viewsDejR_vu

This is all the consequence of years of ownership by spoilt children of rich parents. None of them have a clue. What we are seeing is the result if their idiotic decisions and idiotic appointments.

We have one outstanding player, one who is outstanding when he can be bothered, another very good one, a couple of very old ones, and the rest range from very poor to downright dismal. We have a very, very poor manager. All of this is because we have no money and we have no money because the owners have no clue. We have been a toy for spoilt children and this is what you get.

These owners, as benevolent they are, have destroyed this football club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Pull the trigger on 19:46 - Aug 5 with 8155 viewsBlackCrowe

My thoughts....I actually think we've got half a dozen, maybe more, players that are good enough to compete in this league.

Warburton proved it, FckOff Beale proved it until the Villa debacle.

They clearly need motivation and proper management. Critchley was a limp lettuce, i thought, from day 1. Gareth is a Sunday league manager (apols WWFC - an honest club). We need a smart puppeteer but god knows who. But much as i'd love him to be, Gareth is out of his comfort zone and depth.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pull the trigger on 19:58 - Aug 5 with 8015 viewsPunteR

Pull the trigger on 19:29 - Aug 5 by DejR_vu

This is all the consequence of years of ownership by spoilt children of rich parents. None of them have a clue. What we are seeing is the result if their idiotic decisions and idiotic appointments.

We have one outstanding player, one who is outstanding when he can be bothered, another very good one, a couple of very old ones, and the rest range from very poor to downright dismal. We have a very, very poor manager. All of this is because we have no money and we have no money because the owners have no clue. We have been a toy for spoilt children and this is what you get.

These owners, as benevolent they are, have destroyed this football club.

Majority of our fans have been saying it for years but theres always a handful that know better.
Ainsworth has been dealt a bad hand that's for sure , no arguments there from me , but he's not capable of turning this round imo.
I think if we're sacking Critchley than what are we waiting for with Ainsworth?
It's a shambles.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pull the trigger on 20:16 - Aug 5 with 7888 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 19:58 - Aug 5 by PunteR

Majority of our fans have been saying it for years but theres always a handful that know better.
Ainsworth has been dealt a bad hand that's for sure , no arguments there from me , but he's not capable of turning this round imo.
I think if we're sacking Critchley than what are we waiting for with Ainsworth?
It's a shambles.

Agreed. But Ainsworth can’t help being limited any more than he can help the colour of his eyes.

Who, on earth, would take this job, at this circus? Idiot owners, one of the smallest squads in the league, mainly cr@p, the decent ones clearly want out, no money to spend. It’s a career wrecker which is why no one decent would go anywhere near it, and why we ended up with Ainsworth.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Pull the trigger on 20:19 - Aug 5 with 7859 viewsthame_hoops

Pull the trigger on 18:31 - Aug 5 by R_from_afar

Serious question: Who do you suggest that would actually consider the job?

Mick Beale might be available 😉
Pull the trigger on 20:25 - Aug 5 with 7795 viewsdutch

No, I'm sorry. I don't feel sorry for them, I feel sorry for us. You should not be doing a job you are not up to, the entire defence was woeful, shameful. I would not pretend to be a surgeon and then feel sorry for myself when all my patients died. Gus Caesar and Zesh Rehman were better than that.
Pull the trigger on 20:30 - Aug 5 with 7716 viewsrrrspricey

Pull the trigger on 19:10 - Aug 5 by baz_qpr

I'm sorry, I dont buy into the school of thought that it just comes down to the capability of the players and you just pick the best 11 and throw them the pitch which seems to be argument of look at the hand he has been dealt mob.

That set up today and in fact the whole approach this off season has been criminal, we have players bought to play a certain way we bring in a manger who wants to play a complete different way and won't be able to without changing 90% of the squad. A good manager and coaching team adapts. A well coached team operates as a team with everyone knowing their jobs, has a pattern of play, I dont see this at all. Ainsworth wants 20 blokes who are not suited to it to adapt to him. Teams dont want to loan us their players. We've lost Johansson, Dickie and Dieng and the loanees we are short of a right back, a centre back, a central midfielder and a striker. There were plenty of frees around at the start of the summer that have gone to other clubs and not for more money either. It is pointless waiting until September or October, its toxic already.

He is the wrong manager for the club now and tomorrow.

Precisely, that's why we need a dof
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024