Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Southampton (A) 20:13 - Aug 25 with 43049 viewsaston_hoop

I don't usually start these so hopefully I'll bring the luck. I just saw this and will leave it here just in case you fancy it....

2-2 for me. High scoring game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 20:18 - Aug 25 with 12102 viewsdrumapella

Got two probably three spare tickets if anyone looking, should be in town by 1pm latest.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 20:24 - Aug 25 with 12061 viewsHoopsie

3000+ QPR fans, got to give them something - a point in a hard earned last half hour masterly defensive performance

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 20:34 - Aug 25 with 12014 viewsdmm

Sadly, I think it'll be another encouraging performance that will fall short of victory. A 2-1 loss.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:19 - Aug 25 with 11965 viewsDorse

QPR will start like they've been shot out of the Yamato's forward battery, score 3 and then cling on with increasing desperation, conceding 2 in the last 5 minutes before the ref signals 11 mins stoppage time. Grown men will cry. Actual tears, sobbing, mucus, the lot.

But we'll hang on. 3-2 to the good guys.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:51 - Aug 25 with 11861 viewscolinallcars

I was going to drive down to Soton but I can't find the starting handle for the car.
I think we could pull off one of the shock results of the season.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 22:17 - Aug 25 with 11800 viewsaston_hoop

Thanks to Southampton for selling the outstanding Nathan Tella on the eve of us playing them!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 22:35 - Aug 25 with 11758 viewseghamranger

Adams seems to score in the 90th odd minute…..

Hope dykes does
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 22:54 - Aug 25 with 11707 viewsCateLeBonR

This has the feel of a big game for QPR. A bigger game for us than for Southampton for certain. Much like in 1992, my first (and last) visit to the Dell or whatever they call it now.

Back then Rangers, as some of you will remember were fresh from a 4-1 victory at Old Trafford, with a Dennis Bailey (hallelujah) hattrick. Expectations were through the roof - we could literally beat anyone anywhere. Lowly Southampton had just lost 2-1 at home to Everton.

Against a starting eleven of Tim Flowers, Jason Dodd, Micky Adams, Richard Hall, Steve Wood, Stuart Gray, Barry Horne, Terry Hurlock, Matt Le Tissier, Iain Dowie and Alan Shearer. Perhaps we shouldn't have been so cocky.

It's very different this time around. Expectations are reversed but a similarly disappointing result looks likely for us.

2-0.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 22:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 23:02 - Aug 25 with 11674 viewsqpr_1968

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 22:54 - Aug 25 by CateLeBonR

This has the feel of a big game for QPR. A bigger game for us than for Southampton for certain. Much like in 1992, my first (and last) visit to the Dell or whatever they call it now.

Back then Rangers, as some of you will remember were fresh from a 4-1 victory at Old Trafford, with a Dennis Bailey (hallelujah) hattrick. Expectations were through the roof - we could literally beat anyone anywhere. Lowly Southampton had just lost 2-1 at home to Everton.

Against a starting eleven of Tim Flowers, Jason Dodd, Micky Adams, Richard Hall, Steve Wood, Stuart Gray, Barry Horne, Terry Hurlock, Matt Le Tissier, Iain Dowie and Alan Shearer. Perhaps we shouldn't have been so cocky.

It's very different this time around. Expectations are reversed but a similarly disappointing result looks likely for us.

2-0.

and a massive qpr following that day as well.
and we all know what happens when we bring fans on masse.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 23:44 - Aug 25 with 11575 viewsBluce_Ree

I think we are in line for a shoeing tomorrow.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 00:06 - Aug 26 with 11521 viewsnumptydumpty

2-0.

Was at both those games

Saints game was third round of FA Cup so should have known the outcome.

Took an old guy that lived near us at time.

He wasn't the full shilling then.

We stood on terraces and I was bit worried about Arthur being toppled when the ultimate surge on each goal I expected for us

Old Arthur was not too impressed and he shouted " Who is our number nine, he's crap"

"Err he got hat trick at Old Trafford three days ago Arthur !!"

But actually he was right !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 00:52 - Aug 26 with 11475 viewskensalriser

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 22:17 - Aug 25 by aston_hoop

Thanks to Southampton for selling the outstanding Nathan Tella on the eve of us playing them!

But unfortunately for us they've just signed Ryan Fraser on loan, who will be quite a handful at this level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 05:45 - Aug 26 with 11403 viewsFDC

2-0.

I was at that game and young enough to be confused by the incongruity of following the glorious victory against Utd with a defeat at Southampton. Formative!

Taking the kids out today then hoping to get them dropped off at their aunt's in time to get home to watch this. Feel like we need to avoid losing today, three on the bounce starts to look worrying, especially if it follows the same pattern of starting well then fading second half.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 08:13 - Aug 26 with 11253 viewsWatford_Ranger

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 00:52 - Aug 26 by kensalriser

But unfortunately for us they've just signed Ryan Fraser on loan, who will be quite a handful at this level.

FFS didn’t know that. Flynn Downes is a brilliant signing too. No idea why West Ham aren’t playing him over Soucek.

Does feel like we’re going into a gun fight with a potato peeler but just hope we show some fight and semblance of a plan unlike Watford.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 08:39 - Aug 26 with 11178 viewsMick_S

I’m afraid their pass and move game will wear us down physically. Can’t see us winning today, but we are Rangers after all.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 09:43 - Aug 26 with 11039 viewsMonkey_Roots

I think the Saints have been fortunate with their late goals. Today will see that luck run out.

David Prutton said we were outclassed by Ipswich last week, with no mention of any positives from a a QPR prospective, no mention of how unlucky we were. Today we get the luck, and he ends up looking foolish with his lazy prediction.

Chair scores first.

Next comes smyth.

Adams scores a late consolation.

…

Or we get laid out 3-1.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 09:48 - Aug 26 with 11026 viewsdavman

Getting there will be an absolute nightmare.

Pride March 1100-1300 with road closures "as required". All parking on JustPark and MyParking Space went as of yesterday. Train Strike. Travell in and out of Southampton City Centre by road normally a nightmare anyway.

Favourable option looks to be parking in Eastleigh and getting the bus, but that is a 55 minute ride! Thinking of just going early, donning the rainbows and blending in.

Who'd have thought life in the 21st century would be this difficult!

...and of course the inevitable defeat will dampen the day entirely...
Good luck to all travelling; hopefully see you there!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:04 - Aug 26 with 10975 viewsHunterhoop

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 05:45 - Aug 26 by FDC

I was at that game and young enough to be confused by the incongruity of following the glorious victory against Utd with a defeat at Southampton. Formative!

Taking the kids out today then hoping to get them dropped off at their aunt's in time to get home to watch this. Feel like we need to avoid losing today, three on the bounce starts to look worrying, especially if it follows the same pattern of starting well then fading second half.

This.

I do fear we’ll lose, even if we compete well. If that happens, I just hope people don’t go overboard. It would be 3 losses on the bounce, but with green shots of improvement.

Obviously I’m hoping Southampton underestimate us, piss around with it endlessly and Armstrong and Smyth do them on the break.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:09 - Aug 26 with 10958 viewsCroydonCaptJack

2-0.

I was at that game,and had gone the previous week to Man Utd.
Talk about chalk and cheese.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:46 - Aug 26 with 10856 viewsnadera78

A couple of good performances leading up to this, tails up, good mood al around. I think e'll get something out of this.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:56 - Aug 26 with 10827 viewsHantsR

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 09:48 - Aug 26 by davman

Getting there will be an absolute nightmare.

Pride March 1100-1300 with road closures "as required". All parking on JustPark and MyParking Space went as of yesterday. Train Strike. Travell in and out of Southampton City Centre by road normally a nightmare anyway.

Favourable option looks to be parking in Eastleigh and getting the bus, but that is a 55 minute ride! Thinking of just going early, donning the rainbows and blending in.

Who'd have thought life in the 21st century would be this difficult!

...and of course the inevitable defeat will dampen the day entirely...
Good luck to all travelling; hopefully see you there!

Indeed, looks like I'm going to put the young grandchildren on a forced 1.6 mile march to the ground...assuming I can park where I have done previously?
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 11:01 - Aug 26 with 10811 viewsconnell10

2-0 to the saints, but we will hit the wood work thrice.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 11:23 - Aug 26 with 10757 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2-1 Rangers (well on 60 mins anyway)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 12:04 - Aug 26 with 10651 viewsloftus77

3-0 to Southampton. Parachute Payments conquer all.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 13:08 - Aug 26 with 10434 viewsBoston

We're 8/1 to get a win down there. Worth a punt I think, I'll go for a 1-0 the R's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024