Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's showing 17:28 - Aug 26 with 16552 viewsDaBurgh

With the heart, commitment and character shown today against the team that will more likely run away with the league, against 12 men I would say that we are not going to be relegated. Just like that, yep I said it, may not finish above 16th but we will be fine.
Today's showing on 14:03 - Aug 28 with 2433 viewsdaveB

Today's showing on 11:39 - Aug 27 by paulparker

I agree with a lot you say there Dave but Willock is running down his contract as he has done at his previous clubs he has no interest at all in us so we are player already down in the squad
If and a big if we can shift him on then I hope we can get a striker in on loan as Dykes and Armstrong will struggle to score 15 goals between them this year

Quite possibly although if that's true he has wasted 18 months of his career running down a contract, I just think he's struggling with his hamstrings and has been since the injury at Forest
Today's showing on 08:34 - Aug 29 with 2070 viewsgazza1

Today's showing on 09:38 - Aug 28 by connell10

Leicester won the prem averaging 35% possession , its what you do with the football that counts.

You think what you like, always exceptions (& the example you give is 1 in a 100 at least) but when you only got 25% of the ball, like we did on Saturday, it going to be extremely tough to win the football match.
Today's showing on 09:17 - Aug 29 with 1966 viewsdaveB

Today's showing on 08:34 - Aug 29 by gazza1

You think what you like, always exceptions (& the example you give is 1 in a 100 at least) but when you only got 25% of the ball, like we did on Saturday, it going to be extremely tough to win the football match.

I do agree with you but Southampton are one of those sides who will have 70% possession every game, most of it pointless, has always been about what you do with your possession and last few games we have done well on the ball creating chances
Today's showing on 09:48 - Aug 29 with 1895 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Today's showing on 09:17 - Aug 29 by daveB

I do agree with you but Southampton are one of those sides who will have 70% possession every game, most of it pointless, has always been about what you do with your possession and last few games we have done well on the ball creating chances

Agree Dave.

To me, this is more what Ainsworth's about, or what he was about at Wycombe. He doesn't actively want to concede possession but rather than try to compete in a possession battle away from home with teams that have 10x+ the budget he has here and had ay Wycombe, he just wants to make the very most of the ball he does get.

Warburton and Critchley's sides in particular were littered with games where we won the possession battle but created fewer and less quality chances than the opposition. We had 62% possession at Blackpool and lost 6-1, 55% at home to Sunderland and lost 3-0, 66% at home to Millwall and lost 2-1.

The one missing link for me is having that ruthless efficiency with the chances we're creating which is a hallmark of a good counter attacking team and isn't here yet. I think Paul Smyth mentioned that in his post match interview at the weekend too. If that does begin to click - which is admittedly a huge if - I honestly think we could see something somewhat special this year.

Taking chances will completely change the patterns of games. How different would the Ipswich game have been for instance? 'Goals change games' and going 1-0 up especially at home could force teams to open up and leave gaps, further playing into our hands.

There's a lot to be encouraged by. It's a totally different feeling to after the Bristol City and Watford games.
Today's showing on 09:59 - Aug 29 with 1868 viewsgazza1

Agreed, Saints will have plenty of the ball in most matches but 75% is too much, they keep the ball until they see goalscoring opportunities....with 25% possession we must take our chances better than we did on Saturday, hopefully we will improve even more than we have already - but I do not like the low possession of the ball we are currently getting.
Today's showing on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 1868 viewsBlackCrowe

Today's showing on 09:38 - Aug 28 by connell10

Leicester won the prem averaging 35% possession , its what you do with the football that counts.

Yes but Leicester did this with a heap of pace on the break and a prolific front man at the peak of his form.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Today's showing on 11:07 - Aug 29 with 1781 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I'm not at all trying to suggest that he is the answer but for Kelman not even to be making the bench at the moment and our younger players taking his place? I know everyone has reservations about if he's good enough!

Is he injured? Not showing enough in training?
Today's showing on 12:24 - Aug 29 with 1693 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Today's showing on 09:59 - Aug 29 by gazza1

Agreed, Saints will have plenty of the ball in most matches but 75% is too much, they keep the ball until they see goalscoring opportunities....with 25% possession we must take our chances better than we did on Saturday, hopefully we will improve even more than we have already - but I do not like the low possession of the ball we are currently getting.

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Today's showing on 12:50 - Aug 29 with 1654 viewsconnell10

Thats my point , its what you do with the football when you pass it.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Today's showing on 13:20 - Aug 29 with 1578 viewsSuperhoops2808

Today's showing on 11:39 - Aug 27 by paulparker

I agree with a lot you say there Dave but Willock is running down his contract as he has done at his previous clubs he has no interest at all in us so we are player already down in the squad
If and a big if we can shift him on then I hope we can get a striker in on loan as Dykes and Armstrong will struggle to score 15 goals between them this year

Where do you get this rubbish regarding 'Willock running down his contract as he has done at his previous clubs?

He had 2 years left on his contract at Benfica? His only other club was Arsenal. And I understand that they chose not to renew his contract, as opposed to him running it down - Likely because of his limited first team opportunities

So what are these PREVIOUS CLUBS you have mentioned
Today's showing on 13:34 - Aug 29 with 1533 viewsPunteR

Today's showing on 13:20 - Aug 29 by Superhoops2808

Where do you get this rubbish regarding 'Willock running down his contract as he has done at his previous clubs?

He had 2 years left on his contract at Benfica? His only other club was Arsenal. And I understand that they chose not to renew his contract, as opposed to him running it down - Likely because of his limited first team opportunities

So what are these PREVIOUS CLUBS you have mentioned

Does it matter.? He's definitely running his contract down at QPR and that kinda the point. Damaged hamstrings or not it looks like he doesn't want to be here and that's never gonna get fans on his side.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Today's showing on 15:48 - Aug 29 with 1460 viewskensalriser

Today's showing on 09:48 - Aug 29 by Padulas_Shampoo

Agree Dave.

To me, this is more what Ainsworth's about, or what he was about at Wycombe. He doesn't actively want to concede possession but rather than try to compete in a possession battle away from home with teams that have 10x+ the budget he has here and had ay Wycombe, he just wants to make the very most of the ball he does get.

Warburton and Critchley's sides in particular were littered with games where we won the possession battle but created fewer and less quality chances than the opposition. We had 62% possession at Blackpool and lost 6-1, 55% at home to Sunderland and lost 3-0, 66% at home to Millwall and lost 2-1.

The one missing link for me is having that ruthless efficiency with the chances we're creating which is a hallmark of a good counter attacking team and isn't here yet. I think Paul Smyth mentioned that in his post match interview at the weekend too. If that does begin to click - which is admittedly a huge if - I honestly think we could see something somewhat special this year.

Taking chances will completely change the patterns of games. How different would the Ipswich game have been for instance? 'Goals change games' and going 1-0 up especially at home could force teams to open up and leave gaps, further playing into our hands.

There's a lot to be encouraged by. It's a totally different feeling to after the Bristol City and Watford games.

Maybe I've misunderstood, but that reads like you're citing the Blackpool, Sunderland and Millwall games as Warburton/Critchley examples, when they were under Ainsworth.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Today's showing on 16:19 - Aug 29 with 1414 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Today's showing on 15:48 - Aug 29 by kensalriser

Maybe I've misunderstood, but that reads like you're citing the Blackpool, Sunderland and Millwall games as Warburton/Critchley examples, when they were under Ainsworth.

Just trying to point out that when we've dominated possession in the past we've been hammered. If I could have been bothered I'm sure I could find Critchley and Warbs examples but the app I got the possession stats from only went back as far as February!
Today's showing on 16:49 - Aug 29 with 1370 viewsdaveB

Today's showing on 15:48 - Aug 29 by kensalriser

Millwall and Sunderland were under Critchley
Today's showing on 16:51 - Aug 29 with 1367 viewsdaveB

Today's showing on 13:34 - Aug 29 by PunteR

Does it matter.? He's definitely running his contract down at QPR and that kinda the point. Damaged hamstrings or not it looks like he doesn't want to be here and that's never gonna get fans on his side.

So many assumptions made about Willock, maybe he's decided to waste a year of his career and not bother playing or maybe he has struggled with hamstring injuries over the last 18 months. I don't know either way but willing to give him benefit of the doubt here
Today's showing on 17:01 - Aug 29 with 1345 viewsSuperhoops2808

Today's showing on 13:34 - Aug 29 by PunteR

I get that, and based on the last 6 months that does seem to be the case, but again we are guessing that's what he is doing.

I just get tired of people making up their own narrative to suit and using that as evidence. None of us really know what is going on behind the scenes, he may have been made promises that have since been broken, he may have fallen out with the manager, or any sort of issue.

But lets stick to the facts and not make stuff up
Today's showing on 22:22 - Aug 29 with 1192 viewsHoopsie

Whatever the case with Willock, I think we can all agreed that;

- he needs to play if he isn’t injured or hamstrung because he a player that can influence games
- he needs to be sold if he is out of favour (by his own doing or otherwise) as his contract’s running out and we get nothing at the end
- and if he is really injured, seems to be perpetually so, since October last year, should the club just pay him off as a good will, thank you very much?

If nothing is done, him not being in the playing squad will only attract all sorts of talk, it’s inevitable

There is no conspiracy that he is earning a wage from the club and taking up a squad place

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Today's showing on 00:41 - Aug 30 with 1095 viewsnumptydumpty

Been happy with the performances- much more watchable than last season, and we always so far currently seem to be within a shout of creating something.

Unlike last season, when we were simply dreadful.

This thread is very glass half empty !!!

Seems like general malaise and scepticism from fans still in existence from last season.

Yes we not got the results we have deserved but unlike many others on here, I can see that the results will come if these much improved performances continue.

I think there is promise for mid table or if the goals begin sooner, top ten is not completely out of the question, however strength in depth is the key. Three or four key players consistently missing - the impact will be more apparent.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Today's showing on 06:03 - Aug 30 with 991 viewsQPROslo

Today's showing on 00:41 - Aug 30 by numptydumpty

Been happy with the performances- much more watchable than last season, and we always so far currently seem to be within a shout of creating something.

Unlike last season, when we were simply dreadful.

This thread is very glass half empty !!!

Seems like general malaise and scepticism from fans still in existence from last season.

Yes we not got the results we have deserved but unlike many others on here, I can see that the results will come if these much improved performances continue.

I think there is promise for mid table or if the goals begin sooner, top ten is not completely out of the question, however strength in depth is the key. Three or four key players consistently missing - the impact will be more apparent.

We weren't dreadful the first 2 or 3 months of last season, we were top of the League in October if I'm remembering the timeline right. There have been some encouraging aspects of our play the last 3 games, our low fitness levels a big concern did look better at Southampton, but bottom line is we've still only picked up 3 points from 12 available and our terrible home form continues. We seem to have reached our purchasing limit with FFP, and may lose key players this week without having time to replace them adequately before January. Think we'll know a lot more after the Window "slams shut" and we've played a few more games especially at Loftus Road.
Today's showing on 09:23 - Aug 30 with 861 viewsfrancisbowles

Today's showing on 22:22 - Aug 29 by Hoopsie

Whatever the case with Willock, I think we can all agreed that;

- he needs to play if he isn’t injured or hamstrung because he a player that can influence games
- he needs to be sold if he is out of favour (by his own doing or otherwise) as his contract’s running out and we get nothing at the end
- and if he is really injured, seems to be perpetually so, since October last year, should the club just pay him off as a good will, thank you very much?

If nothing is done, him not being in the playing squad will only attract all sorts of talk, it’s inevitable

There is no conspiracy that he is earning a wage from the club and taking up a squad place

If we pay him off, we are throwing money away. We get no value for him and we can't replace him as we won't have saved any money.

If we can't sell him we have to try and get him playing and see if we can get some small fee in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024