Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 10:04 - Aug 27 with 12374 viewsRangersw12

For me his distribution is awful and he was at fault for the first goal yesterday.

I also don't understand why he's captain when you have Field , Cook and Colback who seem better options

In general I think he looks a poor signing and there must have been younger cheaper keepers out there . For me it seems his age has caught up with him and struggles to get down quicker enough .

What are people s thoughts on him so far ? Am I being too harsh ?!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 10:13]
Begovic on 08:40 - Aug 28 with 2762 viewsgazza1

Begovic on 08:36 - Aug 28 by dmm

Regarding the issue of Begovic being captain, I'd suggest he was chosen because he was the most experienced player in the squad, and has played at the highest levels.

Cook and Colback were not at the club when he was appointed and he has been playing for many more years than Field. To have given him the armband and then taken it away to give to another player would have been bad man management.

I would have given the captaincy to Field but perhaps Field did not want to be captain....it has a lot of responsibilities'.
Begovic on 08:44 - Aug 28 with 2750 viewsfrancisbowles

Begovic on 08:40 - Aug 28 by gazza1

I would have given the captaincy to Field but perhaps Field did not want to be captain....it has a lot of responsibilities'.

There is also a chance that, as probably our most saleable asset, he may leave before the window closes.
Begovic on 09:44 - Aug 28 with 2645 viewsmart_Goblin

Begovic has never been comfortable with the ball at his feet , but wasn’t bought in to play out from
The back 4 . GA’s plan of course was to go long ..always. But it appears the players have stopped that by and large which works better but leaves us with a problem . Begovic can’t really do it .

It’s really Redknapp all over again isn’t it on a lesser scale.

I think Begovic has done ok . Probably should have saved the first one on Saturday but as someone else has pointed out, we have much bigger problems than the keeper right now.
Begovic on 10:12 - Aug 28 with 2547 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think he's not great on the second goal either, though the camera angle isn't conclusive so i can't be sure.

I think he's in the correct position for that at first, and has a good set-up, but takes a late two steps to his right for no reason just before the shot.
It seems to go in quite a bit inside the post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Begovic on 11:19 - Aug 28 with 2449 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 10:12 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I think he's not great on the second goal either, though the camera angle isn't conclusive so i can't be sure.

I think he's in the correct position for that at first, and has a good set-up, but takes a late two steps to his right for no reason just before the shot.

Looked like a bit of class from a £15m striker from down the other end. If anyone was at fault I felt it was Kakay.
Begovic on 11:25 - Aug 28 with 2438 viewsGloucs_R

Begovic on 10:12 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm hopeful he is just a little rusty. Like you Brian I've a background in goalkeeping.

My personal opinion is he was at fault for the first goal. His footwork was wrong and looks like he was torn between catching it and palming it which resulted in weak hands pushing it in.

I'm not sure many goalkeepers would have got down for the second goal.

I mentioned in last week's game that I was really disappointed with his distribution. Once again I hope this is temporary and due to rustiness.

What I do you like about him is that he is very assured and oozes confidence.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Begovic on 11:39 - Aug 28 with 2411 viewsQPR_Hibs

Begovic on 11:25 - Aug 28 by Gloucs_R

I'm hopeful he is just a little rusty. Like you Brian I've a background in goalkeeping.

My personal opinion is he was at fault for the first goal. His footwork was wrong and looks like he was torn between catching it and palming it which resulted in weak hands pushing it in.

I mentioned in last week's game that I was really disappointed with his distribution. Once again I hope this is temporary and due to rustiness.

I was at the game and said at the time that Begovic should have done better with the first. Smyth was beaten by a good pass from Manning but also maybe could have done better. I can't see why Kakay is taking any blame for the first goal.
On the second goal I agree with GloucsR that not many keepers would save that. Kakay at fault for this one maybe??

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Begovic on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 2389 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 11:25 - Aug 28 by Gloucs_R

I'm not sure he would've saved the second either, steps or no steps, but that he took the steps at all might point to rustiness, as you say.

Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 11:50 - Aug 28 with 2363 viewskensalriser

I thought Kakay got beaten a little too easily for both. The first was also down to our bad habit of backing off and allowing too much space. I realise getting too tight runs the risk of being turned, but if you keep on backing off and giving space you'll concede at this level, as we do frequently.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Begovic on 12:06 - Aug 28 with 2326 viewsted_hendrix

He's okay.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Begovic on 08:55 - Aug 29 with 2086 viewsgazza1

Begovic on 11:39 - Aug 28 by QPR_Hibs

I was at the game and said at the time that Begovic should have done better with the first. Smyth was beaten by a good pass from Manning but also maybe could have done better. I can't see why Kakay is taking any blame for the first goal.
On the second goal I agree with GloucsR that not many keepers would save that. Kakay at fault for this one maybe??

Kakay should not have allowed the scorer to cut inside and shoot in a near central position.....he should have ensured the attacker was should the outside, down the line.
Begovic on 09:48 - Aug 29 with 1974 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 08:55 - Aug 29 by gazza1

Kakay should not have allowed the scorer to cut inside and shoot in a near central position.....he should have ensured the attacker was should the outside, down the line.

I expect Kakay to make mistakes. He’s new to the position though he does complement Cook and Fox’s strengths/weaknesses. There are plenty of Prem defenders who make it too easy for attackers to cut in too and their left winger gave us problems all game. A professional goalkeeper should be keeping that out 99 times in 100.
Begovic on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 1705 viewsRangersw12

Yeah I was talking bollocks 👀

He made 3 or 4 excellent saves today and instrumental in the win
Begovic on 17:01 - Sep 2 with 1699 viewsHooping_Mad

Great performance today.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Begovic on 17:04 - Sep 2 with 1643 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 17:01 - Sep 2 by Hooping_Mad

Great performance today.

Best goalkeeping display for a Rangers team in a long time.
Nine saves and good on crosses too.

Absolutely clear MOTM. Great news for us.

Begovic on 17:04 - Sep 2 with 1650 viewsted_hendrix

Begovic on 17:01 - Sep 2 by Hooping_Mad

Great performance today.

MOTM.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Begovic on 17:06 - Sep 2 with 1628 viewsE17hoop

Begovic on 17:04 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Best goalkeeping display for a Rangers team in a long time.
Nine saves and good on crosses too.

Absolutely clear MOTM. Great news for us.

Dozzell for me. Great goal, pressing well higher up the pitch, always in the way and a goal saving tackle in the 2nd half.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Begovic on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 1616 viewsDylanP

Begs distribution isn't great. Actually it is about average. Goalie's aren't usually that good with their feet. They are goalies after all. Not as good as Seny, but Seny was exceptional with the ball at his feet, so perhaps we have got a little spoiled.

On the other hand, he is a great shot stopper, commands his area well and, frankly, is a lot better than I expected.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Begovic on 17:10 - Sep 2 with 1563 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 17:06 - Sep 2 by E17hoop

Dozzell for me. Great goal, pressing well higher up the pitch, always in the way and a goal saving tackle in the 2nd half.

I thought Dozzell played well again but a 7.0 or 7.5 performance.

Begovic was an 8 or 8.5.

Begovic on 17:35 - Sep 2 with 1456 viewsjtuck

Hope Begovic critics give it a rest now. Kicking pretty awful but personally don't care, especially as 40 percent possession our average at best. He made 6 saves in 1st half at Boro and is a really good shot stopper. Like they used to say about original Schmeichel: 'makes himself big'.

LAranger

Begovic on 17:37 - Sep 2 with 1432 viewsflynnbo

Seny clearly didn't want to sully his kit today.
Begovic on 17:45 - Sep 2 with 1386 viewsnumptydumpty

Begovic on 17:37 - Sep 2 by flynnbo

Seny clearly didn't want to sully his kit today.

Seny always looks composed but seems to concede a few

Begovic was by far the better performer of the two today.

Had a very strong game today which was great to see.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Begovic on 17:54 - Sep 2 with 1334 viewsDejR_vu

Begovic on 17:45 - Sep 2 by numptydumpty

Seny always looks composed but seems to concede a few

Begovic was by far the better performer of the two today.

Had a very strong game today which was great to see.

Seny played well for a season under Warburton. He did, however, follow Calamity Joe which, subconsciously made him look better anyway. He was ropey, to say the least last season.

He’s an okay keeper imo, nothing more. Nowhere near Smithies, for example.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Begovic on 18:35 - Sep 2 with 1224 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 17:54 - Sep 2 by DejR_vu

Seny played well for a season under Warburton. He did, however, follow Calamity Joe which, subconsciously made him look better anyway. He was ropey, to say the least last season.

He’s an okay keeper imo, nothing more. Nowhere near Smithies, for example.

I thought he was even better than Smithies in his all-round game. Superb in the air, excellent distribution, though Smithies was unreal on one-on-ones.

Our best keeper since Seaman for a long while. Then, last year happened. An alarming fall-off in form. Which never happened to Smithies.

Begovic on 19:14 - Sep 2 with 1139 viewsFDC

Begovic on 10:34 - Aug 27 by FDC

His distribution last week was really bad, a bit better yesterday but still not great, too many big high balls to the touchline that Smyth or Chair are never going to get to. His shot stopping is definitely questionable too. One area he has looked decent is in collecting crosses and corners.

Have to say his shot stopping was excellent today. There might be something in this "let's not judge a player who hasn't played in a long time after three games" after all...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024