Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our International call-ups? 17:15 - Sep 4 with 8416 viewsVancouverHoop

Somewhere it was mentioned there are ten.

I've got:

Dykes (Scotland)
Armstrong (Ireland)
Smyth (N. Ireland)
Kakay (Sierra Leone)
Chair (Morocco)

After that I'm struggling.
Is Paal in the Dutch squad and Is Begovich still in Bosnia's? Who else...?
Our International call-ups? on 18:47 - Sep 6 with 2474 viewsdmm

Not bad for a DCM but Macau must be one of the weakest international teams on the planet.
Our International call-ups? on 19:01 - Sep 6 with 2405 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our International call-ups? on 11:13 - Sep 6 by bosh67

QPR facebook site saying Dykes has joined the Scottish squad. Surely not? If this is the case the medical staff here shouldn't have let him near the international squad.

Yeah, this pisses me off too, and it's hard to fathom to say the least. This seems like another smallish injury that seems to have kept him out for longer than one would expect.

Now he'll go and play for Scotland and do his ACL, no doubt!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Our International call-ups? on 00:24 - Sep 7 with 2291 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I ran into a die hard ROI fan today at the dohnut shop ( we are no longer athlethes haha ) and he was upset about the 5 strikers missing against France tomorrow .Ferguson is a massive loss but was going to get nothing against them anyway .
I suggested the ROI manager call up Sinclair and unleash him against that French backline or better against Holland on Sunday .
He was very interested despite having never heard of him until I mentioned he only scored once for us then he knew I was pulling his leg .
Imagine if was called up and scored against Van Dyke or Ake that would help him some I bet .
Maybe someday it will become a reality
Our International call-ups? on 08:56 - Sep 7 with 2197 viewsBurnleyhoop

Our International call-ups? on 17:40 - Sep 5 by Antti_Heinola

Got to say, I want him to play international football, but don't fancy not having him for a month this January.

Bench warmer when he does get called up and although it must be great to be involved in some capacity, our need is greater than Morocco's bench.
Our International call-ups? on 12:34 - Sep 7 with 2079 viewsGaryBannister86

Our International call-ups? on 19:01 - Sep 6 by stainrods_elbow

Yeah, this pisses me off too, and it's hard to fathom to say the least. This seems like another smallish injury that seems to have kept him out for longer than one would expect.

Now he'll go and play for Scotland and do his ACL, no doubt!

Agreed, where is the communication from the club about this? I don't understand how Lyndon has had quite a bad injury, been unavailable for us for a few weeks, but is deemed fit enough to go to the Scotland squad?

I am not questioning Lyndon's commitment, by the way, he has proved himself on that score. I'm sure he wants to play for Scotland if he is fit, and no problem with that, but is he fit enough? Surely the club should say why they have let him go there.
Our International call-ups? on 12:49 - Sep 7 with 2051 viewsterryb

Our International call-ups? on 12:34 - Sep 7 by GaryBannister86

Agreed, where is the communication from the club about this? I don't understand how Lyndon has had quite a bad injury, been unavailable for us for a few weeks, but is deemed fit enough to go to the Scotland squad?

I am not questioning Lyndon's commitment, by the way, he has proved himself on that score. I'm sure he wants to play for Scotland if he is fit, and no problem with that, but is he fit enough? Surely the club should say why they have let him go there.

Clubs can't stop players reporting to their nations squad. It has to be left to the national teams medical staff to say if they are fit or not to play for their country.

This was brought in to stop clubs withdrawing players bacause they didn't want them to play.
Our International call-ups? on 13:04 - Sep 7 with 2019 viewsWatford_Ranger

The tackle that put him out against Norwich was brutal. It is possible he’s fit now just a bit too late for us. If Scotland flog him and he breaks down again then by all means lay into them/him IMO.
Our International call-ups? on 13:25 - Sep 7 with 1967 viewsTGRRRSSS

Our International call-ups? on 12:49 - Sep 7 by terryb

Clubs can't stop players reporting to their nations squad. It has to be left to the national teams medical staff to say if they are fit or not to play for their country.

This was brought in to stop clubs withdrawing players bacause they didn't want them to play.

Ferguson always did it I think.

Look how few caps Giggs really got.

Ironic he later became Wales manager.

If Nation calls up the clubs cannot stop it.

A Ferguson rule you might say.

"Alex" obvs
Login to get fewer ads

Our International call-ups? on 13:36 - Sep 7 with 1939 viewsdmm

Just spotted this which I thought interesting, if unsurprising. Chair is our most creative player even if Morocco doesn't want him.

Our International call-ups? on 19:46 - Sep 8 with 1764 viewsdmm

Dykes is on the bench for Scotland v Cyprus tonight.
Our International call-ups? on 19:57 - Sep 8 with 1739 viewsR_from_afar

Our International call-ups? on 00:24 - Sep 7 by CLAREMAN1995

I ran into a die hard ROI fan today at the dohnut shop ( we are no longer athlethes haha ) and he was upset about the 5 strikers missing against France tomorrow .Ferguson is a massive loss but was going to get nothing against them anyway .
I suggested the ROI manager call up Sinclair and unleash him against that French backline or better against Holland on Sunday .
He was very interested despite having never heard of him until I mentioned he only scored once for us then he knew I was pulling his leg .
Imagine if was called up and scored against Van Dyke or Ake that would help him some I bet .
Maybe someday it will become a reality

I am in France on holiday and the France v ROI game was on the telly in a bar opposite.

Upon my life, when France scored their goals, there was no reaction, and 99% of the holiday makers in this resort *are* French.

Perhaps they were supremely confident of victory....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Our International call-ups? on 21:12 - Sep 8 with 1634 viewsdmm

Dykes on at the 66 minute mark. The game is effectively over with Scotland 3-0 ahead.
Our International call-ups? on 19:34 - Sep 10 with 1415 viewsBrazilNutR

Smyth seems to have done well... judging by this paragraph from the beeb report of the N.Ireland game.. sounds like they should have started with him..

"With Paul Smyth introduced as a half-time substitute and injecting life into Northern Ireland's attack, as he did when he came off the bench against Slovenia, the visitors started the second half strongly and Washington came close to equalising in the 49th minute."
Our International call-ups? on 14:54 - Sep 11 with 1223 viewsswisscottage

Ossie captaining Sierra Leone today.
Our International call-ups? on 15:06 - Sep 11 with 1198 viewsCamberleyR

Our International call-ups? on 12:49 - Sep 7 by terryb

The 'Ryan Giggs Rule' as it should be known.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Our International call-ups? on 16:37 - Sep 11 with 1094 viewsHayesender

Our International call-ups? on 14:54 - Sep 11 by swisscottage

https://footballsierraleone.net/2023/09/11/osman-kakay-im-proud-to-wear-sierra-l

Great moment for the lad. Have we had a player captain their country since Gerry Francis?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our International call-ups? on 17:01 - Sep 11 with 1069 viewsterryb

Our International call-ups? on 16:37 - Sep 11 by Hayesender

https://footballsierraleone.net/2023/09/11/osman-kakay-im-proud-to-wear-sierra-l

Great moment for the lad. Have we had a player captain their country since Gerry Francis?

I don't know, but Alan McDonald?
Our International call-ups? on 17:06 - Sep 11 with 1052 viewsHayesender

Our International call-ups? on 17:01 - Sep 11 by terryb

I don't know, but Alan McDonald?

Oh god yeah

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our International call-ups? on 17:14 - Sep 11 with 1044 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Our International call-ups? on 19:57 - Sep 8 by R_from_afar

I am in France on holiday and the France v ROI game was on the telly in a bar opposite.

Upon my life, when France scored their goals, there was no reaction, and 99% of the holiday makers in this resort *are* French.

Perhaps they were supremely confident of victory....

Only a qualifier mon ami, 'we' don't really take much interest until the quarter final stages!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our International call-ups? on 18:15 - Sep 11 with 998 viewshantssi

Our International call-ups? on 15:06 - Sep 11 by CamberleyR

The 'Ryan Giggs Rule' as it should be known.

Got a Welsh mate who follows them everywhere, Giggs is not well liked by Wales fans because he always put Utd first and most were pleased to see the back of him when he was manager.
Our International call-ups? on 21:10 - Sep 11 with 919 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our International call-ups? on 14:54 - Sep 11 by swisscottage

Superb!

Delighted for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our International call-ups? on 21:19 - Sep 11 with 902 viewsLblock

Our International call-ups? on 19:34 - Sep 10 by BrazilNutR

Smyth seems to have done well... judging by this paragraph from the beeb report of the N.Ireland game.. sounds like they should have started with him..

"With Paul Smyth introduced as a half-time substitute and injecting life into Northern Ireland's attack, as he did when he came off the bench against Slovenia, the visitors started the second half strongly and Washington came close to equalising in the 49th minute."

I'd suggest that BBC reporter was nowhere near the game.

The giveway being this bit "Washington came close to equalising in the 49th minute"

Maybe the corner flag counts as close in Norn Iron?????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our International call-ups? on 23:53 - Sep 11 with 852 viewsWatford_Ranger

Does anyone in England really care about this game tomorrow? Seems to be a huge deal for them.
Our International call-ups? on 05:54 - Sep 12 with 790 viewsjohnhoop

Our International call-ups? on 23:53 - Sep 11 by Watford_Ranger

Does anyone in England really care about this game tomorrow? Seems to be a huge deal for them.

Apparently it’s a “friendly”. Some chance of that!
Our International call-ups? on 06:17 - Sep 12 with 777 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=afcon+qualifiers&sca_esv=564584496&sxs

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024