Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread 19:18 - Sep 8 with 31389 viewsToast_R

Been looking forward to this and I think this year will be a cracker. Ireland, France, Bokke and All Black stand out favourites, I've a suspicion Scotland may throw it open on that side of the draw by getting something out of Ireland or RSA.

Tonight though, what a cracker open with; Hosts France take on The All Blacks. I'm going for the All Blacks to silence the Parisienne crowd. Or they could get pumped. 🤔
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:30 - Sep 8 with 10500 viewsPaddyhoops

I fear for my lot Ireland. Tough group.
Like to see France win it but I fear South Africa will replace their monstrous forwards will be
Just get replaced with another monstrous pack every game and juggernaut their way to the title.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:31 - Sep 8 with 10466 viewsted_hendrix

Bloody ITV

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:04 - Sep 8 with 10442 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Allez les bleus...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:17 - Sep 8 with 10430 viewsaston_hoop

Those NZ players seem to think they're at a Gareth Ainsworth teambuilding exercise!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:22 - Sep 8 with 10418 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:17 - Sep 8 by aston_hoop

Those NZ players seem to think they're at a Gareth Ainsworth teambuilding exercise!

Even their Andre Dozzell looks up for it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:00 - Sep 8 with 10322 viewsnumptydumpty

England have been appalling in the warm up games and without their captain Owen Farrell, for first two games I believe.

Probably, because they been so poor in last year, England could surprise.

As per when we were pretty awful prior to 2007 and got to final for second consecutive tournament.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:07 - Sep 8 with 10315 viewsmikeygunn

Won’t be surprised if we finish second in the group and out in the last 8. Happy to be wrong though!

Looking forward to hearing from the people who make the effort to tell us they don’t care about it…
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:08 - Sep 8 with 10315 viewsderbyhoop

First 40 minutes have been compelling. But, after 2 minutes, not the most exciting.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:13 - Sep 8 with 10304 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:00 - Sep 8 by numptydumpty

England have been appalling in the warm up games and without their captain Owen Farrell, for first two games I believe.

As per when we were pretty awful prior to 2007 and got to final for second consecutive tournament.

...and in the more favoueable side of the draw.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:14 - Sep 8 with 10275 viewsted_hendrix

Bloody adverts

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:23 - Sep 8 with 10261 viewsted_hendrix

Telea Is lightening.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:25 - Sep 8 with 10285 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:14 - Sep 8 by ted_hendrix

Bloody adverts

Edward, is there anything that doesn't expose us to the more moribund side of your personality?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:30 - Sep 8 with 10242 viewsstevec

Right I’m going to make the effort to understand what’s going on but I might need a bit of help.

I think NZ are doing their utmost to score something called a try. France are not.

Whilst NZ throw the ball around a lot, a bit like Swansea, they’re not really getting anywhere. France on the other hand have no intention of throwing the ball around but do like grappling with the opposition and making them fall over. The referee then gives France something called a penalty, on the half way line (Que?) and they score and then do the same again. A bit like PNE I suppose.

Have I got that right so far?
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:38 - Sep 8 with 10247 viewsflynnbo

Yellow card for NZ.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:39 - Sep 8 with 10221 viewsted_hendrix

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:25 - Sep 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Edward, is there anything that doesn't expose us to the more moribund side of your personality?

I'm quite happy, better game now too.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:26 - Sep 8 with 10168 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:00 - Sep 8 by numptydumpty

What happened to Farrell is a disgrace IMO and as his father said its pathetic that the governing body got involved .
Most knowledgable people figured a yellow maybe orange at worst but a red and suspension is a joke .
If Ireland win their group they face France that would end their dream the way France look tonight .
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 23:07 - Sep 8 with 10129 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:26 - Sep 8 by CLAREMAN1995

What happened to Farrell is a disgrace IMO and as his father said its pathetic that the governing body got involved .
Most knowledgable people figured a yellow maybe orange at worst but a red and suspension is a joke .
If Ireland win their group they face France that would end their dream the way France look tonight .

Would be NZ by looks of it and let's face it, this is a NZ side far removed from their dominance of 2011 and 2015. Nowhere near it.

Farrell has been doing no armed tackles for ages which is putting his opponent at risk. Deserves his ban and needs to change his ways IMO.
No one knows what England will turn up tomorrow but anything other than a 100% improvement on their dismal warm up matches will result in an Argentine victory for sure. Let's hope they've done some work on that porous defence.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 8:21]
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:01 - Sep 9 with 9933 viewsToast_R

Tom Curry's Red contentious to say the least.

George Ford doing wonders so far.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:04 - Sep 9 with 9921 viewsdistortR

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:01 - Sep 9 by Toast_R

Tom Curry's Red contentious to say the least.

George Ford doing wonders so far.

Yeah, really harsh.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:11 - Sep 9 with 9875 viewsHayesender

I'm no massive rugby fan, but how the fck was that a red card?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:37 - Sep 9 with 9838 viewsstevec

What are all the penalties for?

Bring back VAR
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:59 - Sep 9 with 9797 viewsted_hendrix

A Man down for 77 minutes England have been Immense
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 22:00]

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:00 - Sep 9 with 9815 viewsdistortR

Well done England, Argentina imploded, nobody expected that coming off the run of form we've been on!
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:00 - Sep 9 with 9803 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Guts.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:21 - Sep 9 with 9758 viewsrobith

That was one of the worst games I've ever seen. Argentina completely fell apart, legit Romania and Namibia were better than them today. England devoid of ambition. Zero line breaks, aimless pots at goal when two scores ahead, must have been a world record number of marks. When they meet a good team (or a referee who enforces offside), they'll be going home.

ITV trying to convince me it was like 2003. Lol. That team would've put 100 on that rabble today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024