Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread 19:18 - Sep 8 with 32085 viewsToast_R

Been looking forward to this and I think this year will be a cracker. Ireland, France, Bokke and All Black stand out favourites, I've a suspicion Scotland may throw it open on that side of the draw by getting something out of Ireland or RSA.

Tonight though, what a cracker open with; Hosts France take on The All Blacks. I'm going for the All Blacks to silence the Parisienne crowd. Or they could get pumped. 🤔
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 06:59 - Sep 22 with 1624 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 23:27 - Sep 21 by Toast_R

Why the hell were France 54-0 up and still playing most of their star players out there?
Du Pont took one in the face and came off with what could be a possible fractured cheek bone and then Ramos done his knee. Crazy.

I can only think that with a two week gap to their next game, Galthié didn't want his big guns to have too long a break. But yeah, I agree with you.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 07:13 - Sep 22 with 1611 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 08:48 - Sep 20 by robith

I didn't think England looked cooked in the final - they arrogantly looked like they thought they'd already won having comfortably beaten New Zealand. They didn't reckon how much Rassie had whipped up a "mission from God" style fervour with the Boks.

And in their defence in the list of things you want to happen against South Africa, losing your starting tighthead after 3 minutes is probably at the very bottom. I actually would've given POTM to Dan Cole cos taking the Bok packs on for 77 minutes on your own was one of the bravest things I've seen on a rugby field

Let's not forget, England only played 3 Pool matches in 2019 as their big pool clash against the French was cancelled due to weather. RSA just played the final perfectly and England didn't have the answers.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:05 - Sep 23 with 1474 viewsslmrstid

England wallop Chile like France wallopped Namibia. What is the point in having games like this in the World Cup? And these nations never get any better either in every four year cycle so its just an absolute gimme for all the tier 1 nations every time.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:14 - Sep 23 with 1459 viewsted_hendrix

Marcus Smith Is lightening fast.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:17 - Sep 23 with 1455 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ireland v S Africa. This is gonna be war. Come on Ireland, put the Saffers in their place.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:18 - Sep 23 with 1457 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:05 - Sep 23 by slmrstid

England wallop Chile like France wallopped Namibia. What is the point in having games like this in the World Cup? And these nations never get any better either in every four year cycle so its just an absolute gimme for all the tier 1 nations every time.

Not a huge rugby fan but 20 years ago in the real WC Germany did Saudi 8-0 and now they’re capable of beating Argentina and competing generally. You’re always going to have some sides well behind others but they’ll close the gap.

The flaw of this WC in my not very educated opinion is having groups of five with the games having to be so far apart. Feels like it goes on forever.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:35 - Sep 23 with 1435 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:05 - Sep 23 by slmrstid

Really? Argentina, Japan and Georgia might disagree. If these teams don't play against the top tier they will never improve.
30 years England were running 100 plus points past Japan, not anymore.
Uruguay were close to France. Portugal drew with Georgia.

The games are getting closer and closer. And that can only improve the game.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:36 - Sep 23 with 1432 viewsdaveB

Looking at the side of the draw England are in they have a decent chance of making the final. Wales/Australia or Fiji are the biggest threats and although all good sides none of them unbeatable.

Feel for Ireland as that half of the draw they are in looks awful
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:43 - Sep 23 with 1409 viewsted_hendrix

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:35 - Sep 23 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Really? Argentina, Japan and Georgia might disagree. If these teams don't play against the top tier they will never improve.
30 years England were running 100 plus points past Japan, not anymore.
Uruguay were close to France. Portugal drew with Georgia.

The games are getting closer and closer. And that can only improve the game.

The commentator was mentioning the effort that the chile players/squad put into getting to the finals, the personal sacrifices that they made, I thought that was great and to be honest I was hoping Chile were gonna get a try In the first 20 odd minutes of the game.

Good luck to them in the future.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:41 - Sep 23 with 1362 viewsTomS

Ireland vs South Africa is a battle of attrition. It's compelling.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:44 - Sep 23 with 1363 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:41 - Sep 23 by TomS

Ireland vs South Africa is a battle of attrition. It's compelling.

Clearly the 2 best teams in the world. The speed is unbelievable.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:50 - Sep 23 with 1357 viewsSAPilgrim

Great game but as an ireland fan would’ve been more relaxing to leap off a cliff and try and catch the parachute halfway down.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:51 - Sep 23 with 1343 viewsted_hendrix

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:44 - Sep 23 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Porter has been immense for Ireland, mind you they all have, the Saffer's still look good though, brutal game but easily the best game of the tournament so far.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:53 - Sep 23 with 1331 viewsdistortR

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:44 - Sep 23 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Yeah, can't see us touching either of these teams.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:45 - Sep 23 with 1259 viewsted_hendrix

Penalty to Ireland with 4 minutes left

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:50 - Sep 23 with 1254 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What a game.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:51 - Sep 23 with 1249 viewsTomS

Unbelievable game. Thankfully I can't go any greyer. I suspect we'll see both teams face each other again in the final.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:03 - Sep 23 with 1224 viewsHunterhoop

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:51 - Sep 23 by TomS

Unbelievable game. Thankfully I can't go any greyer. I suspect we'll see both teams face each other again in the final.

Well, I don’t think you will. They’ll meet in the semi finals, if they meet again, I think.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:17 - Sep 23 with 1179 viewsted_hendrix

Fabulous game to watch, I honestly thought the South Africans were gonna score the try In the dying minutes.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:28 - Sep 23 with 1155 viewsQPRConor2000

That was an unbelievable game, felt like a statement win for Ireland that.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 23:06 - Sep 23 with 1113 viewsSnipper

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:03 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Well, I don’t think you will. They’ll meet in the semi finals, if they meet again, I think.

That’s not correct. Teams from the same group can only meet again in the final.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 00:15 - Sep 24 with 1058 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:28 - Sep 23 by QPRConor2000

That was an unbelievable game, felt like a statement win for Ireland that.

Might have been a massive win but SA handed it to them on a plate with all those missed kicks .Brutal hits took a toll on Ireland and that second half was not great IMO but they won and that gives them a huge advantage in the scheme of things .Beat Scotland face NZ instead of France that is not much reward really but its the draw .
Can someone explain to me why Ireland kept kicking the ball away to SA who just attacked with relentess power .
2 weeks off will heal up the bruises though
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 01:25 - Sep 24 with 1024 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 23:06 - Sep 23 by Snipper

That’s not correct. Teams from the same group can only meet again in the final.

Actually, in this RWC, no ( https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/matches) ).

I've laboured the point on here since the opening game that England, and thus, Oz, Wales, Argies, and one must now add, Fiji, are in the favourable half and on paper at least, have an 'easier' route to the final, compared to either: France, Ireland, SA or NZ.

Absolutely nuts on the part of the RWC organisers; apparently based on rankings/draw made three years ago! Although I believe the doppy organisers will review future RWC

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 01:27 - Sep 24 with 1024 viewsSydneyRs

Big win for Ireland. May not have been pretty but this is exactly the type of game you have to get through to win tournaments. To concede less than 10 v SA (albeit helped by some ropey kicking) is a great defensive effort and defence wins world cups.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 07:26 - Sep 24 with 939 viewscpgerber

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/matches

the teams of pools A and B go in QFs 2 and 4. And the winners of those games play the winners of the OTHER QFs in the semis. So teams from the same group can only meet again in the finals.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 7:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024