Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
32? Really? 22:29 - Sep 25 with 2529 viewsMrSheen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66918026
32? Really? on 22:42 - Sep 25 with 2431 viewsted_hendrix

Might be wrong but on his loan debut for us I'm sure It was against Sunderland and he scored a stunner?

Question mark necessary.

Confirmation required.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

32? Really? on 22:54 - Sep 25 with 2378 viewsWatford_Ranger

Strange unless his wage demands are silly but going by that he just wants to play. You’d think one of the wealthier Championship clubs would have had him on a free and cheap (for them) wages.
32? Really? on 23:00 - Sep 25 with 2332 viewskensalriser

Pay for play contract?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

32? Really? on 23:07 - Sep 25 with 2303 viewsHAYESBOY

I mean if we could afford it, I would take him on a year deal.

Smells like a trout farm in here

32? Really? on 23:15 - Sep 25 with 2285 viewsLazyFan

No one wants to take the risk, which means you may have to come down a lot on wages.

Andy Carrol was at one point only on £1k a week at Reading.
Source: https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/11/andy-carroll-wages-deal-at-reading-made-public-

That lasted four months until silly Reading upped his wage. But the point remains if you want to keep playing, you will have to reduce your asking price, especially if you are seen as high risk.

Austin was let go when he did not play enough games for us. and he's reduced his wages again by playing in Oz and then back to Swindon.

Townsend has made mega bucks; he should drop his wages if he wants to play or retire. Sturridge did.
Most players don't get to choose; most have to keep playing to pay the bills. He's lucky.

zzzzzzzzzz

32? Really? on 23:19 - Sep 25 with 2272 viewsLblock

Sorry but I just read that article as a "COME AND SIGN ME UP ON HALF DECENT WAGES FOR A YEAR, MAYBE TWO IF YOU COULD"

I have a sneaky feeling I recall him being involved in some FA investigation on bets and he said he has a gambling addiction? I'm not saying he can't kick a ball and have a flutter but it reinforces my own feeling that he just wants a wage - somewhere, anywhere - not that he is desperate to play.

I thought he was a great player us and his screamer at Selhurst park was great to watch from the stands

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

32? Really? on 01:24 - Sep 26 with 2130 viewsnumptydumpty

If he stays fit and is motivated, be a great signing.

Signing here, can't see it, think his wage demands not fit with us, and I believe we are very much not signing players with long term injury concerns anymore, ie been down that road too many times.

Would be a risky signing for anyone, potentially though could be an amazing signing but for most think the cons outweigh the pros !!!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 1:25]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

32? Really? on 06:19 - Sep 26 with 1953 viewsbosh67

The ACL is a major factor for clubs. That seems to be more of a stumbling block than wages. I don’t think we are in a position to risk either, much as I think he is an excellent player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

32? Really? on 07:51 - Sep 26 with 1819 viewsSuperhoops2808

32? Really? on 23:19 - Sep 25 by Lblock

Sorry but I just read that article as a "COME AND SIGN ME UP ON HALF DECENT WAGES FOR A YEAR, MAYBE TWO IF YOU COULD"

I have a sneaky feeling I recall him being involved in some FA investigation on bets and he said he has a gambling addiction? I'm not saying he can't kick a ball and have a flutter but it reinforces my own feeling that he just wants a wage - somewhere, anywhere - not that he is desperate to play.

I thought he was a great player us and his screamer at Selhurst park was great to watch from the stands

HAD not HAS

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12327062/andros-townsend-exclusive

I thought he was a good player for us and would be good to see him offered a 1 year contract on our terms
32? Really? on 08:08 - Sep 26 with 1755 viewsstevec

Club after club turning him down should tell us something.
32? Really? on 08:15 - Sep 26 with 1744 viewsdaveB

I don't think he's likely for us but amazed no one has come in for him, always been a good player
32? Really? on 21:10 - Sep 26 with 1407 viewsJuzzie

“Broke down in tears…..”

The guy is supposedly worth £20m+ and never needs to work again in his life and I’m meant to feel sorry for him?

Fk orf.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024