Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Board 20:07 - Oct 7 with 4744 viewsThe_Beast1976

They have run a once proud club into the ground. Mistake after mistake after mistake. They are taking us to League 2. They couldn't run a bath. We need them gone, whatever the consequences
The Board on 20:13 - Oct 7 with 3457 viewsWegerles_Stairs

100%.
The Board on 20:16 - Oct 7 with 3436 viewsLongRanger

Worth saying the board and owners aren’t the same thing. I agree the board needs sacking and overhauled but that could be done under these owners
The Board on 20:18 - Oct 7 with 3403 viewsThe_Beast1976

The Board on 20:16 - Oct 7 by LongRanger

Worth saying the board and owners aren’t the same thing. I agree the board needs sacking and overhauled but that could be done under these owners

The problem is the owners ARE the board ........and they're absolutely fcukin useless and driving the club into the ground
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 20:21]
The Board on 20:20 - Oct 7 with 3383 viewsstevec

Yep. Well meaning people but who sadly haven’t got a clue how to run a football club.

I think we’re stuck with them and they’re stuck with us until they get us into the lower leagues.
The Board on 20:22 - Oct 7 with 3349 viewsloftupper

The Board on 20:13 - Oct 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

100%.

Let’s not pretend all was well when they took over. Granted we were in the premier league but that title winning season was built on sand (and Tarrabt).

The rot was definitely there under that crook paladini, tango and cash were not exactly owners we could be proud of either.

Hoos job appears to be simply ensuring there are no FFP fines. Which he has managed to the detriment of the playing staff the last two years.
The Board on 20:26 - Oct 7 with 3312 viewsLblock

Hang on though…. Aren’t they great as they engage with the fans, aren’t they learning, isn’t the future safe with them, isn’t the new training ground great?????

Terrible to have been right all those years ago.
Only shocker was I was wrong how long it would take, thought Foney Tony would’ve “done a Caterham” long before now.

Ashes to ashes…..

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:26 - Oct 7 with 3304 viewsLongRanger

Agree they’re killing us, but think they have good intentions so should step away on the running of it as I’m guess they did when they made their money
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 20:28]
The Board on 20:29 - Oct 7 with 3280 viewsHastings_Hoops

The Board on 20:18 - Oct 7 by The_Beast1976

The problem is the owners ARE the board ........and they're absolutely fcukin useless and driving the club into the ground
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 20:21]

Any ideas on how to raise capital to buy Loftus road, the training ground and pay out £1.6m/month? If so… the ‘board’ would happily sack themselves I’m sure!
Login to get fewer ads

The Board on 20:31 - Oct 7 with 3255 viewsBoston

Are we most useful to the owners in the role of a handy tax write off?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Board on 20:43 - Oct 7 with 3140 viewspaulparker

The Board on 20:26 - Oct 7 by Lblock

Hang on though…. Aren’t they great as they engage with the fans, aren’t they learning, isn’t the future safe with them, isn’t the new training ground great?????

Terrible to have been right all those years ago.
Only shocker was I was wrong how long it would take, thought Foney Tony would’ve “done a Caterham” long before now.

Ashes to ashes…..

They have been Sh1t since day one , 12 years down the line and now fans kicking off
To little to late

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Board on 20:46 - Oct 7 with 3136 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

100%. They have to go. Destroying our club.
The Board on 21:06 - Oct 7 with 3063 viewsbaz_qpr

I think you have to be careful what you wish for, there are some terrible owners that have destroyed clubs so yes they made a huge mistake spending that money in the prem. When they appointed Hughes he was the best name available and with a decent reputation. They again went for a big name in Rednapp who many had wanted to be England manager just a year or two earlier. When that went wrong they brought in the Director of Football model but the problem was they went for a "he knows the club, loves the club" Les who was inexperienced.

What Les wanted to do on paper and at the time was the right thing, most of us agreed with it. He brought Ramsey from Spurs again on paper the right thing to do. They had some success Eze, Chair, Dieng etc but Les made a huge mistake in putting his mate Ramsey in charge another Rookie. The board when it did not get immediate success brought back in Warnock as an "advisor" who effectively relieved Ramsey of his duties without authorisation which is why he never got the job and they went for Hasselbank who on paper had had success in the lower leagues and that looked a sensible choice on paper but it did not work out.

They then went for the appeasement candidate in Holloway who they backed and many of the fans wanted but we were not progressing. Then the Mclaran disaster which was Tony scratching his itch, but he had had success with Derby previously before they finally let Les do his job properly and we got Warburton.

I think people have short memories re Warburton, he was in the verge of getting the sack until those loan signings and the incredible calendar year with that team. And yes they got carried away and overspent making those loans permanent and backing him, but we would have complained that we had no ambition if he did not. We all know there were massive fall outs and it was a choice between him and Les and all the academy people but that run made it easy for them to make the choice to part.

Beale again looked absolutely the right appointment, some would argue Critchley did as well (though I felt at the time that the villa fail was a red flag) but that was a disaster and the Ainsworth appointment the point where Amit decided to scratch an itch presumably on the basis that he had made the Warnock appointment the first time around has been a disaster. But many agreed with these decisions.

I see no malice in what they have done, sure some naivety and some bad luck as well. We are not exactly a great poker hand with our small stadium and the FFP changes that came in after they bought. Yes we have a strong brand and history. We can look at Brighton and Brentford as beacons of success but they have advantages through their owners deep interest in betting and the data they have and can employ. Otherwise there is a fair amount of luck in getting all the right ingredients at the same time for success and that can be fleeting anyway.

The owners fund the club and that is not an issue and after the 10 years of Wright, Admin Paladini etc I'd rather have that, than risk it all for some dodgy foreign money that could destroy the club.
The Board on 21:11 - Oct 7 with 3038 viewsloftupper

The Board on 20:46 - Oct 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

100%. They have to go. Destroying our club.

Wasn’t it the same guy who hired Warnock as hired Ainsworth?
The Board on 21:26 - Oct 7 with 2970 viewsslmrstid

The Board on 21:06 - Oct 7 by baz_qpr

I think you have to be careful what you wish for, there are some terrible owners that have destroyed clubs so yes they made a huge mistake spending that money in the prem. When they appointed Hughes he was the best name available and with a decent reputation. They again went for a big name in Rednapp who many had wanted to be England manager just a year or two earlier. When that went wrong they brought in the Director of Football model but the problem was they went for a "he knows the club, loves the club" Les who was inexperienced.

What Les wanted to do on paper and at the time was the right thing, most of us agreed with it. He brought Ramsey from Spurs again on paper the right thing to do. They had some success Eze, Chair, Dieng etc but Les made a huge mistake in putting his mate Ramsey in charge another Rookie. The board when it did not get immediate success brought back in Warnock as an "advisor" who effectively relieved Ramsey of his duties without authorisation which is why he never got the job and they went for Hasselbank who on paper had had success in the lower leagues and that looked a sensible choice on paper but it did not work out.

They then went for the appeasement candidate in Holloway who they backed and many of the fans wanted but we were not progressing. Then the Mclaran disaster which was Tony scratching his itch, but he had had success with Derby previously before they finally let Les do his job properly and we got Warburton.

I think people have short memories re Warburton, he was in the verge of getting the sack until those loan signings and the incredible calendar year with that team. And yes they got carried away and overspent making those loans permanent and backing him, but we would have complained that we had no ambition if he did not. We all know there were massive fall outs and it was a choice between him and Les and all the academy people but that run made it easy for them to make the choice to part.

Beale again looked absolutely the right appointment, some would argue Critchley did as well (though I felt at the time that the villa fail was a red flag) but that was a disaster and the Ainsworth appointment the point where Amit decided to scratch an itch presumably on the basis that he had made the Warnock appointment the first time around has been a disaster. But many agreed with these decisions.

I see no malice in what they have done, sure some naivety and some bad luck as well. We are not exactly a great poker hand with our small stadium and the FFP changes that came in after they bought. Yes we have a strong brand and history. We can look at Brighton and Brentford as beacons of success but they have advantages through their owners deep interest in betting and the data they have and can employ. Otherwise there is a fair amount of luck in getting all the right ingredients at the same time for success and that can be fleeting anyway.

The owners fund the club and that is not an issue and after the 10 years of Wright, Admin Paladini etc I'd rather have that, than risk it all for some dodgy foreign money that could destroy the club.

Whilst we could still be very streaky, we definitely were making progress under Holloway Mk II by the end of his first full season in charge and sacking him for McLaren was monumentally stupid and obvious to pretty much everyone other than TF.

That said, Warburton I think overall was better than Holloway MkII, and whilst the back end of the 21/22 season was disastrous I don't think we'd have seen what we have seen this past season and a third (nearly) if he'd stuck around.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:31 - Oct 7 with 2940 viewsDejR_vu

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:26 - Oct 7 by LongRanger

Agree they’re killing us, but think they have good intentions so should step away on the running of it as I’m guess they did when they made their money
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 20:28]

They didn’t make their money, their parents/in-laws did. They are children of successful/rich parents.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Board on 21:32 - Oct 7 with 2926 viewsDejR_vu

The Board on 21:11 - Oct 7 by loftupper

Wasn’t it the same guy who hired Warnock as hired Ainsworth?

I would have thought Paladini was behind Warnock. I would guess Amit had never heard of him

The Board on 21:39 - Oct 7 with 2886 viewsPunteR

Stick with these owners and we'll carry on heading the wrong way down the leagues. Whether they stay or go the end result is going to be the same. Its there for everyone to see. We've gone backwards for 10 years.
The board need to go. They are fking useless.
OR
Get a proper DoF in sharpish. Someone with a clear vision for a football club, someone that's not a yes man and takes their BS. Pay him what he wants and lets get this mess sorted. It can be done.
I'd get rid of Hoos too. He's done an excellent job over the years keeping FFP at bay but i think he's been here so long now he has too much to say on what goes on the football side. He was only at Burnley for 3 years, he's been here over 8 years.
The whole place needs the refresh button. Right the way through the club. Even the youth and development coaches, get them out the door.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Board on 21:39 - Oct 7 with 2890 viewsmart_Goblin

The most frustrating thing is that there is really no way out of this. We can all moan and call for them to walk as much as we want and we are very very entitled to do so, but at this moment they ain’t going anywhere ..and if they did..the club is toast as no one with any sort of IQ will take on that debt.
In turn, I think they have given Ainsworth the keys to the asylum and for the moment and as much as I think it’s time for a change …I don’t think it will happen in the immediate future.
And in turn Ainsworth only has these players to pick from. It’s a poor squad . No firepower , not a great deal of craft and now showing last seasons signs of fragility .

It’s all here to stay for now and it’s f*cking bleak
The Board on 21:44 - Oct 7 with 2848 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent post, Baz, and thanks for all the effort in putting that together and typing it all out.

I think I need to think tonight. But that post gives a lot of food for thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Board on 22:00 - Oct 7 with 2761 viewsdixiedean

Sterling effort Baz - I think in summary everyone would make different decisions with the benefit of hindsight. Although the day after Wembley I said there and then Redknapp had to go . For me that was the biggest error, and predictable and it’s been killing us for years.
The Board on 22:49 - Oct 7 with 2639 viewsqprd

The Board on 22:00 - Oct 7 by dixiedean

Sterling effort Baz - I think in summary everyone would make different decisions with the benefit of hindsight. Although the day after Wembley I said there and then Redknapp had to go . For me that was the biggest error, and predictable and it’s been killing us for years.

Lots of boards make bad managerial appointments and decisions- you just have to look at the comings and goings to figure that out…. The board has made some terrible decisions in that respect but to me what highlights their total incompetence is the DoF appointment

Everyone knew les was a sitting duck and his position totally untenable… instead of sacking him or agreeing his resignation immediately at the end of the season we waited nearly a month until he resigned… we basicaly lost a month of planning in a critical juncture of the lffseason

I believe I read somewhere that the American director Reilly has been tasked with finding a replacement … we’re 4 months removed and yet somehow we haven’t found a DoF? If we don’t think we need the position, then that’s fine… but if we’re searching for 4 months, that tells you something about the boards competence

Their last roll of the dice will be trying to sign Warnock
The Board on 22:55 - Oct 7 with 2615 viewscharmr

Always thought the same as Boston was that we are plainly and simply a tax right off by people who do care, have good intentions but way out of their depth. Like a lot of teams owners.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 22:56]
The Board on 22:57 - Oct 7 with 2597 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Board on 21:26 - Oct 7 by slmrstid

Whilst we could still be very streaky, we definitely were making progress under Holloway Mk II by the end of his first full season in charge and sacking him for McLaren was monumentally stupid and obvious to pretty much everyone other than TF.

That said, Warburton I think overall was better than Holloway MkII, and whilst the back end of the 21/22 season was disastrous I don't think we'd have seen what we have seen this past season and a third (nearly) if he'd stuck around.

What makes you so sure - it could very conceivably have gone from bad to worse! The rose-tintedness towards Warburton's reign by too many on here is farcical, and another metric as to how low we've sunk. If anything, the rot began with him and became entrenched from the start of 2022. Get a f*cking grip!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Board on 23:41 - Oct 7 with 2502 viewsstowmarketrange

Warburton was lucky that there were no fans in the ground during his dodgy spell in 2020.
The Board on 23:51 - Oct 7 with 2477 viewsDejR_vu

If the owners care, as they say they do, they would look for buyers that are capable of doing a better job than them and that can be trusted as custodians of the club. If they can’t find anyone, they should be appointing someone to find someone capable of running the club and stepping back from any decision making. You’d have to be a certifiable moron to conclude their tenure has been anything other than biblically ruinous.

They have egos the size of planets because they are spoilt, privileged children who have treated the club like a toy. They fvck every single thing up. How can they look themselves in the mirror and conclude anything else? And yet, who have they appointed? It’s still them lurching from one crisis to another and they just carry on creating disaster after disaster with every decision. They will kill this club, they probably already have. All we get is hot air and bullsh1t.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024