Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 02:00 - Oct 9 with 8607 viewsstainrods_elbow

OK - I'll say it. Holloway? Would you?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

New manager on 02:17 - Oct 9 with 4556 viewsSydneyRs

You know that mental breakdown Ainsworth was having towards the end of last season and he's starting to show signs of again now? Holloway had that years ago in his last spell here. He shouldn't do it to himself and we shouldn't do it to him.
New manager on 02:20 - Oct 9 with 4552 viewsNov77

Stop supporting this club? yes.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New manager on 02:22 - Oct 9 with 4545 viewsstainrods_elbow

Could he do any worse?

New manager on 02:26 - Oct 9 with 4531 viewsNov77

There are 7 billion people on this earth, only one of them, in the last 70 years, has put this club in the third division, and you want to give him the chance to do it again?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New manager on 02:40 - Oct 9 with 4508 viewsstainrods_elbow

New manager on 02:26 - Oct 9 by Nov77

There are 7 billion people on this earth, only one of them, in the last 70 years, has put this club in the third division, and you want to give him the chance to do it again?

I didn't say anything of the sort - I posed a question, that's all.

For the sake of historical accuracy, it was Gerry Francis and his shower of shite that took us down in 2000/01 - though GF jumped ship in the February to avoid having his name all over it, and Ollie then rebuilt a wonderful team and brought us back up, as you know. We were mid-table for the following two seasons before Paladini forced him out. In his second two seasons, we finished 18th and 16th.

We now have a manager in charge, in case you need reminding, who's talking about just staying in the division will be a triumph! We should probably not re-recruit Ian, who left us mad as a bag of cats, but no way would he be worse.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 2:42]

New manager on 03:02 - Oct 9 with 4492 viewsNov77

Historical accuracy?

The day Holloway took over we were outside the relegation places with thirteen games left.
He achieved 1 (one) win from those 13 games. Our points per game was WORSE in those final 13 games than it had been before he took over (new manager splat).

New manager on 04:05 - Oct 9 with 4461 viewsstainrods_elbow

New manager on 03:02 - Oct 9 by Nov77

Historical accuracy?

The day Holloway took over we were outside the relegation places with thirteen games left.
He achieved 1 (one) win from those 13 games. Our points per game was WORSE in those final 13 games than it had been before he took over (new manager splat).

That team had clearly given up. IH built a proud team, a phoenix from the ashes; he didn't ruin one.

New manager on 08:41 - Oct 9 with 4191 viewsAntti_Heinola

New manager on 04:05 - Oct 9 by stainrods_elbow

That team had clearly given up. IH built a proud team, a phoenix from the ashes; he didn't ruin one.

Absolutely he did, and for that i will love him forever.
But anyone who seriously thinks Ollie coming back is the answer needs a nice hot sweet cup of Tue and a long lie down. Love the guy but come on, let’s be serious.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

New manager on 08:54 - Oct 9 with 4120 viewsted_hendrix

This Is now getting ridiculous.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New manager on 08:57 - Oct 9 with 4117 viewsPaddyhoops

No
New manager on 09:04 - Oct 9 with 4090 viewsHooparoo

No

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New manager on 09:26 - Oct 9 with 4022 viewsdaveB

New manager on 03:02 - Oct 9 by Nov77

Historical accuracy?

always context to these things, that relegation is on Gerry Francis/Chris Wright I'm afraid. We were only outside the bottom 3 by 1 point and just been beaten 5-0 at Wimbledon

A No from me for Holloway though, love the bloke but that would be mental
New manager on 09:31 - Oct 9 with 4008 viewsessextaxiboy

Love Ollie ... but back as manager ? .. no ta
New manager on 09:37 - Oct 9 with 3970 viewsGaryBannister86

We berate the Board for making terrible managerial decisions but all we can come up with is nutty busted flushes like Holloway, bizarre hunches like Judas Sinton, and literally anyone else with any previous connection with QPR including managers in their late eighties. 90s tea lady perhaps?

What about our board think outside the box and find someone....different. Not tainted by the Rs misery previously. Wild, I know.
New manager on 10:16 - Oct 9 with 3824 viewsJamesB1979

If a potential manager has played for us before with reasonable success, I would chuck their CV in the bin. No more ex players. No more qpr favourites or legends to ruin their reputation as our manager.
New manager on 10:22 - Oct 9 with 3773 viewspaulhoop2

Pardew ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

New manager on 10:23 - Oct 9 with 3772 viewsGaryBannister86

I am stunned / concerned that he hasn't been sacked yet. What are the board doing? Amit must have put the clubs and Insta away by now.

It's time to move on, and there is no more time to waste. No-one can survive the farce of the last few weeks, however well meaning.

There isn't even a whisper of it happening it seems though, so maybe they are going to make another earth-shatteringly moronic decision and keep him as manager whatever.

Sigh.
New manager on 10:24 - Oct 9 with 3757 viewsessextaxiboy

New manager on 09:37 - Oct 9 by GaryBannister86

We berate the Board for making terrible managerial decisions but all we can come up with is nutty busted flushes like Holloway, bizarre hunches like Judas Sinton, and literally anyone else with any previous connection with QPR including managers in their late eighties. 90s tea lady perhaps?

What about our board think outside the box and find someone....different. Not tainted by the Rs misery previously. Wild, I know.

Chris Hughton , experienced in the Championship , managed in the Prem . Londoner. No history and baggage with us . Not to young , not too old .
New manager on 10:29 - Oct 9 with 3725 viewsNorthernr

He was borderline last time he was here, he's completely crackers now.
New manager on 10:49 - Oct 9 with 3636 viewsRangersw12

New manager on 10:24 - Oct 9 by essextaxiboy

Chris Hughton , experienced in the Championship , managed in the Prem . Londoner. No history and baggage with us . Not to young , not too old .

Always comes across as a decent fella but he plays very dull football

I would go for

Warnock - if going short term end of the season
Leam Richardson - Done well at Wigan and would see us as a step up
Luke Williams - Done very well at Notts County and plays decent football ( limited on what I've seen though ) but the " stats" look decent
Eustace - Excellent at Blues and knows the club
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 10:49]
New manager on 10:50 - Oct 9 with 3628 viewsCamberleyR

John Eustace. Just been sacked by Brum, should have been given the job before PBBC.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New manager on 11:03 - Oct 9 with 3567 viewsCamberleyR

New manager on 10:24 - Oct 9 by essextaxiboy

The manager/head coach of Ghana at the moment.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New manager on 11:28 - Oct 9 with 3457 viewsHooping_Mad

Nope, no, please god NO.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

New manager on 11:46 - Oct 9 with 3392 viewskensalriser

It's intriguing, this imaginary ecosystem in which QPR exists only in relation to people who have formerly served it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New manager on 12:02 - Oct 9 with 3310 viewsR_from_afar

New manager on 10:16 - Oct 9 by JamesB1979

If a potential manager has played for us before with reasonable success, I would chuck their CV in the bin. No more ex players. No more qpr favourites or legends to ruin their reputation as our manager.

But that would rule out Gary O'Neil - not that he would come currently - and also Ian Evatt, who probably also wouldn't be interested at the moment. Evatt has Bolton in 6th in League 1, having got them promoted, has a decent win rate and is said to favour progressive, passing football.

Holloway gets a no from me. Let's leave him in peace, it's not good for his health to be joining our circus at his time of life.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024