Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread 11:15 - Jan 5 with 52025 viewsmikeygunn

Been a while since I’ve done one. 0-2. Everyone reaches for the leftover Christmas food that got hidden away.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:12 - Jan 7 with 2170 viewsswitchingcode

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 19:43 - Jan 7 by OldPedro

When Bournemouth first got promoted to the Premier League, they broke FFP rules (as did Leicester and QPR among others). However, as they managed to stay in the Premier League, they were able to negotiate a settlement with the EFL (as did Leicester).

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-7-6m-af

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-l

QPR's problem was we got relegated back into the Championship before we had a chance to negotiate a smaller settlement.

Yes thanks for reminding me 👍 we were beaten to players by them Callum Wilson being one of them from Coventry and they blew us and others out the water with their wages offer.I think they got fined a pittance at the time around 6 mill which was given very little scrutiny by the media at the time.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:17 - Jan 7 with 2157 viewsOldPedro

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:12 - Jan 7 by switchingcode

Yes thanks for reminding me 👍 we were beaten to players by them Callum Wilson being one of them from Coventry and they blew us and others out the water with their wages offer.I think they got fined a pittance at the time around 6 mill which was given very little scrutiny by the media at the time.

Yes, the media line was plucky little Bournemouth but they just spent their money well when they broke FFP

https://www.cityam.com/how-bournemouths-promotion-push-was-funded-russian-millio

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:41 - Jan 7 with 2068 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 08:48 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

Don't think I have ever disliked a Rangers player more than Begovic. Just reminds me of the disinterested, overrated mercenary we would have signed when Fernandes and Hughes were in full flow.

I would SO much rather be developing a young keeper who we will have a for a few years. At least then their errors would be learnings and improvement would come that we can eventually profit from.

What is the point in this idiot flapping in goals? In giving Dunne hospital passes every 2 minutes? In booting it out of play?

And why the hell is he our captain?

Such a lazy signing. Rather than scout for a decent young prospect, let's sign the bench-warming veteran 'name'.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:44 - Jan 7 with 2068 viewsRangersw12

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:41 - Jan 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

Such a lazy signing. Rather than scout for a decent young prospect, let's sign the bench-warming veteran 'name'.

All of our summer recruitment was lazy
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 23:51 - Jan 7 with 1948 viewsJimthehip

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:19 - Jan 7 by switchingcode

A club with a stadium that holds just over 11000 highlights the madness.

It does but in fairness they're all at it. Chelsea got turned into one of the worlds biggest clubs when priviously they were famous for just being the NF HQ. City were a lower premier league team.

At least Bournemouth have never experienced success of any kind before and getting a little flavour. But,yeah you are right, it is all silly isn't it?

How's Brentford doing? Results not been too great lately bu I think you guys will come around. That Frank is a top manager. Do you think you'll sell Toney? never really liked him as he seems to think he's bigger than the club he plays for.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:00 - Jan 8 with 1805 viewsswitchingcode

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 23:51 - Jan 7 by Jimthehip

It does but in fairness they're all at it. Chelsea got turned into one of the worlds biggest clubs when priviously they were famous for just being the NF HQ. City were a lower premier league team.

At least Bournemouth have never experienced success of any kind before and getting a little flavour. But,yeah you are right, it is all silly isn't it?

How's Brentford doing? Results not been too great lately bu I think you guys will come around. That Frank is a top manager. Do you think you'll sell Toney? never really liked him as he seems to think he's bigger than the club he plays for.

We are on a terrible run of form due to our unbelievable injury list.It has exposed the limitations in our squad.We should have a few key players back soon along with Toney but Rico and Mbeumo won’t play till next season.We are lucky that the promoted clubs look more likely to go down but we are in the mix along with others.Im glad we are not going to chuck a load of money at the problem this month as we are debt free at the moment.Have posted on here many times on my view of the PL and its downsides and the longer we are in it the more reasons to detest it.
The premier league is a financial wreck with most clubs losing fortunes in reality but dampen this with dodgy sponsorships and advertising deals.West Ham announced losses last season Dispite an income of 230 million pounds and as good as a free 50000 plus stadium that is sold out most home games.What other business could you afford to run at a loss every year as long as it’s within a limit.Sadly the Championship is following the same model due to desperate owners going for broke to get to this so called best league in the world that is in truth set up for the big boys and the likes of Brentford Bournmouth ect just make up the numbers.
I expect I’ll still keep my ST for next season but will watch fewer games especially away and watch more local non league.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:38 - Jan 8 with 1743 viewsWatford_Ranger

Frank and Nuno Upside Down Head out today asking for replays to be scrapped. Bellends.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:43 - Jan 8 with 1731 viewsNorthernr

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:38 - Jan 8 by Watford_Ranger

Frank and Nuno Upside Down Head out today asking for replays to be scrapped. Bellends.

Nuno wouldn't have needed a replay if he'd been able to beat fcking Blackpool with his FFP-busting squad of a thousand players.

Blackpool will probs get about a quarter of a million quid out of that assuming it's televised.
Login to get fewer ads

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 11:32 - Jan 8 with 1653 viewsJimthehip

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:00 - Jan 8 by switchingcode

We are on a terrible run of form due to our unbelievable injury list.It has exposed the limitations in our squad.We should have a few key players back soon along with Toney but Rico and Mbeumo won’t play till next season.We are lucky that the promoted clubs look more likely to go down but we are in the mix along with others.Im glad we are not going to chuck a load of money at the problem this month as we are debt free at the moment.Have posted on here many times on my view of the PL and its downsides and the longer we are in it the more reasons to detest it.
The premier league is a financial wreck with most clubs losing fortunes in reality but dampen this with dodgy sponsorships and advertising deals.West Ham announced losses last season Dispite an income of 230 million pounds and as good as a free 50000 plus stadium that is sold out most home games.What other business could you afford to run at a loss every year as long as it’s within a limit.Sadly the Championship is following the same model due to desperate owners going for broke to get to this so called best league in the world that is in truth set up for the big boys and the likes of Brentford Bournmouth ect just make up the numbers.
I expect I’ll still keep my ST for next season but will watch fewer games especially away and watch more local non league.

I must say you're very humble! Ah mbueno hes very good player. Yeah I'd say the bottom 3 are a fair bit worse than the rest of the league from what I've seen ((although having said that I've actually seem very little of the Premier league! )

May I ask when you started watching Brentford? I bet you've got some interesting memories watching Brentford rise through the leagues.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 11:43 - Jan 8 with 1608 viewsswitchingcode

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 11:32 - Jan 8 by Jimthehip

I must say you're very humble! Ah mbueno hes very good player. Yeah I'd say the bottom 3 are a fair bit worse than the rest of the league from what I've seen ((although having said that I've actually seem very little of the Premier league! )

May I ask when you started watching Brentford? I bet you've got some interesting memories watching Brentford rise through the leagues.

1959 yes I’m an old git and visited over 130 league grounds mainly watching Brentford,Many memories yes mostly watching crap but looking back they were great times with lifetime friends sadly many now left us and couldn’t believe where we are now and most would hate it if they were still here.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 12:43 - Jan 8 with 1505 viewsJimthehip

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 11:43 - Jan 8 by switchingcode

1959 yes I’m an old git and visited over 130 league grounds mainly watching Brentford,Many memories yes mostly watching crap but looking back they were great times with lifetime friends sadly many now left us and couldn’t believe where we are now and most would hate it if they were still here.

Wow since 59! Loyal supporter! So overall you're very disillusioned English football as well?

Do you think someone might come in for Thomas Frank? I think he's a very good coach and I don't mean this in a funny way but as an opposition fan yes sort of someone whom you kinda hate but you know you would like him if he managed you!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 13:09 - Jan 8 with 1462 viewsNorthantsHoop

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:00 - Jan 8 by switchingcode

It's ironic that it is called the football pyramid in this country when what seems to be playing out in front of us is a giant pyramid selling scheme and we all just lap it up. The wages, transfer fees hundreds of backroom staff, tv rights, sponsorship and betting. It seems bizarre that the revenue from the people who turn up to watch does not cover the day to day without massive financial support from a whole range of external resources and just shows how bloated the whole football operation has become.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 13:16 - Jan 8 with 1440 viewsswitchingcode

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 12:43 - Jan 8 by Jimthehip

Wow since 59! Loyal supporter! So overall you're very disillusioned English football as well?

Do you think someone might come in for Thomas Frank? I think he's a very good coach and I don't mean this in a funny way but as an opposition fan yes sort of someone whom you kinda hate but you know you would like him if he managed you!

Not disillusioned with English football just the top end and the financial aspects.Thomas Frank is a great coach the best over my time and expect he will move on to a bigger club he deserves it.We still have a lot of regular players from the championship in our starting line up who he and his staff have improved.He looks very frustrated these days with the lack of quality he’s having to pick due to our injury problems.Ill leave it there as after all this is a match day thread and expect I’m annoying some of you lot .
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 14:30 - Jan 8 with 1346 viewsJimthehip

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 13:16 - Jan 8 by switchingcode

Not disillusioned with English football just the top end and the financial aspects.Thomas Frank is a great coach the best over my time and expect he will move on to a bigger club he deserves it.We still have a lot of regular players from the championship in our starting line up who he and his staff have improved.He looks very frustrated these days with the lack of quality he’s having to pick due to our injury problems.Ill leave it there as after all this is a match day thread and expect I’m annoying some of you lot .

Oh well you're not annoying me? its interesting listening to perspectives from fellow working class football fans about their experiences.

You've always been respectful and articulate.

Besides annoying someone doesn't necessarily mean you're in the wrong!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 15:22 - Jan 8 with 1309 viewsTW_R

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 13:34 - Jan 7 by davman

Yes, but not the point. It isn't about yesterday, it is about how their club has moved past us from where we were both at in the 90s. The fact that they have caught the wave and we have missed out on every single opportunity to stay a top flight club is a bitter, bitter pill to swallow.

As is PalARSE, Brighton Chel***, Luton, Burnley, Brighton , Brentford, Fulham, Leicester, Southampton and every other club that was well below us in the 90s, of which there are many.

Depressing.

Well, it was the point in the contexct of the post I was replying to.

Look, I get the sentiment, but how far do you want to go back? We could go back to the mid-70s, but what's the point? We are where we are, but it could be a lot worse.

Plenty of Prem clubs have gone the other way past us too - Barnsley, Leeds, Blackburn, Man City, Blackpool, Wimbledon, Charlton, Bradford, Oldham, Portsmouth, Reading, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon, Wigan etc
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:53 - Jan 9 with 1108 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 08:48 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

Don't think I have ever disliked a Rangers player more than Begovic. Just reminds me of the disinterested, overrated mercenary we would have signed when Fernandes and Hughes were in full flow.

I would SO much rather be developing a young keeper who we will have a for a few years. At least then their errors would be learnings and improvement would come that we can eventually profit from.

What is the point in this idiot flapping in goals? In giving Dunne hospital passes every 2 minutes? In booting it out of play?

And why the hell is he our captain?

You’ve never disliked a QPR player more than Begovic?? 😂

He’s not even amongst the top 5 dislikeable players in the current squad, let alone ever!

Get some perspective: yes he makes mistakes, yes he makes some fantastic save, yes his distribution is haphazard. He’s the standard you would expect for a team in the lower reaches of the Championship.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:58 - Jan 9 with 1087 viewsGaryBannister86

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:53 - Jan 9 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s not even amongst the top 5 dislikeable players in the current squad, let alone ever!

Get some perspective: yes he makes mistakes, yes he makes some fantastic save, yes his distribution is haphazard. He’s the standard you would expect for a team in the lower reaches of the Championship.

That's your opinion, sir.

Mine is that he is an overrated mercenary just using us for one last pay day. Only here because his soccer school is close by.

He's made a few saves but has appalling distribution and now the goal-conceding errors are mounting up.

Most importantly, as the captain of QPR he has gone on another club's podcast (and Chelsea, at that, calling them "we").

He uploaded merchandising rubbish to social media very quickly after his rick at Millwall.

He will run for the hills if we get relegated.

What's to like?
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:10 - Jan 9 with 1024 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:58 - Jan 9 by GaryBannister86

That's your opinion, sir.

Mine is that he is an overrated mercenary just using us for one last pay day. Only here because his soccer school is close by.

He's made a few saves but has appalling distribution and now the goal-conceding errors are mounting up.

Most importantly, as the captain of QPR he has gone on another club's podcast (and Chelsea, at that, calling them "we").

He uploaded merchandising rubbish to social media very quickly after his rick at Millwall.

He will run for the hills if we get relegated.

What's to like?

Really not bothered about any of that: you were genuinely triggered by a pre-generated advert for gloves appearing on his social media?

How much is he paid then to make him a mercenary? I would suggest QPR offered him a job as first choice goalkeeper which at his career stage was an attractive proposition. I would also suggest he was offered the Captaincy rather than demanded it.

I’m also over the ex-Chelsea thing: they are levels above us now. Ray Wilkins was always Chelsea but still fantastic for us.

And of course he will go if we are relegated along with thankfully a load of others on Championship wages.

I’m indifferent about Begovic really: not as good as Dieng but the best keeper we have at the club and at least he’s fit to play every week. Seems a decent Pro.

Odd that he’s your least favourite QPR player ever but each to their own I guess!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:15 - Jan 9 with 999 viewsQPROslo

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:53 - Jan 9 by Ned_Kennedys

I think Bergovic's distribution is pretty good too, though watching on a screen rather than at the games I don't see the overviews of the long ball quick counter possibilities so well. From what I see I think he's been consistently good. Of course he makes errors, but less than any of our outfield players and he's our player of the season so far for me. I don't give a flying F about what he does in his spare time as long as it doesn't impact what he does on the pitch.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:21 - Jan 9 with 967 viewsNorthernr

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:15 - Jan 9 by QPROslo

I think Bergovic's distribution is pretty good too, though watching on a screen rather than at the games I don't see the overviews of the long ball quick counter possibilities so well. From what I see I think he's been consistently good. Of course he makes errors, but less than any of our outfield players and he's our player of the season so far for me. I don't give a flying F about what he does in his spare time as long as it doesn't impact what he does on the pitch.

His distribution under Ainsworth was hilariously bad, though as he's stopped doing it since it's pretty clear he was, under instruction, hitting it long and wide because the manager didn't want to play short and he knew that if we went down the middle Dykes would likely lose the header, we'd likely lose the second ball and be exposed - so consequently you ended up with a lot of balls going straight into touch.

His distribution now is much shorter and more accurate. However, it's slow. He needs to get on with it - like the goal we scored against Hull, don't think about it, let's go, stop letting them get back in position.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:34 - Jan 9 with 928 viewsjoe90

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:15 - Jan 9 by QPROslo

Agree, and I watch all home games live. Significant improvements since GA left, his kicking at times, was awful, but he now seems to throw the ball out for quick counters. I can't remember the last time I saw a QPR keeper do that. He's also very calm under pressure. I feel relatively reassured with him, though he is prone to the odd howler, but no more notable than anything we've seen here in resent times.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:55 - Jan 9 with 871 viewsGaryBannister86

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:10 - Jan 9 by Ned_Kennedys

Really not bothered about any of that: you were genuinely triggered by a pre-generated advert for gloves appearing on his social media?

How much is he paid then to make him a mercenary? I would suggest QPR offered him a job as first choice goalkeeper which at his career stage was an attractive proposition. I would also suggest he was offered the Captaincy rather than demanded it.

I’m also over the ex-Chelsea thing: they are levels above us now. Ray Wilkins was always Chelsea but still fantastic for us.

And of course he will go if we are relegated along with thankfully a load of others on Championship wages.

I’m indifferent about Begovic really: not as good as Dieng but the best keeper we have at the club and at least he’s fit to play every week. Seems a decent Pro.

Odd that he’s your least favourite QPR player ever but each to their own I guess!

Your points are irritatingly valid. I don't know what it is, but he gets my goat.

Mind you, I've never liked keepers much. They are mostly useless. I liked Seny because he seemed like "ours" and I thought we would get the benefits of his improvements. How wrong was I?

But I couldn't stand any of Roberts, Harper, Barron, Johns, etc.

Loved Hucker and Stejskal.

Liked Smithies as the first QPR keeper ever to have an approach to penalties where he tried to actually save them rather than flop in the opposite direction.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:56 - Jan 9 with 869 viewsNorthernr

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:55 - Jan 9 by GaryBannister86

Your points are irritatingly valid. I don't know what it is, but he gets my goat.

Mind you, I've never liked keepers much. They are mostly useless. I liked Seny because he seemed like "ours" and I thought we would get the benefits of his improvements. How wrong was I?

But I couldn't stand any of Roberts, Harper, Barron, Johns, etc.

Loved Hucker and Stejskal.

Liked Smithies as the first QPR keeper ever to have an approach to penalties where he tried to actually save them rather than flop in the opposite direction.

God I miss Smithies.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 11:25 - Jan 9 with 813 viewsbosh67

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:56 - Jan 9 by Northernr

God I miss Smithies.

He was excellent. 34 in March. Can't believe it. Not playing for Leicester so perhaps if we survive we could get him back next season. That is if he would work for chips and beer? Or just chips?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 11:26 - Jan 9 with 809 viewsJeff

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:21 - Jan 9 by Northernr

His distribution under Ainsworth was hilariously bad, though as he's stopped doing it since it's pretty clear he was, under instruction, hitting it long and wide because the manager didn't want to play short and he knew that if we went down the middle Dykes would likely lose the header, we'd likely lose the second ball and be exposed - so consequently you ended up with a lot of balls going straight into touch.

His distribution now is much shorter and more accurate. However, it's slow. He needs to get on with it - like the goal we scored against Hull, don't think about it, let's go, stop letting them get back in position.

Just for some sort of balance though, there's no point in quick distribution if the person you're distributing it to isn't looking to receive it, otherwise it's just giving the ball back to the opposition needlessly (and we don't need any more help in doing that)

The Cardiff game for example - you gave Begovic some verbals for not releasing the ball early to Kolli, but Kolli had his back to the game and was not looking at the play at all - If the instruction is to release early, the players up field need to be alert to this...

Can we not knock it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024