Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth Reflection 17:22 - Jan 6 with 8700 viewsbluenwhite10

A decision had to be made today play a side to win and get the 100k money for getting into the 4th round or protect your players with a relegation battle ahead in the upcoming weeks and rightly or wrongly that is what Rangers did. I thought Rangers did alright with what they put out there was evident with the speed and pace that Bournemouth played at which is common sense when free transfers play against 15 million + players, but surprisingly we found ourselves 2-0 from a great Armstrong goal and a lucky deflected shot from Armstrong. I guess we all knew that the second half would be backs again the wall stuff and it was a kick in the teeth that it was so soon from that old problem that we have defending set pieces. The winner come from the disaster waiting to happen which we rode our luck on several times playing out if the back which you can’t do if Dunne is involved. In the the end we gave it a go but fell short. MOM today was an Armstrong but Dunne was interesting in 2 parts ….Ball at feet liability but defending wise was very good but unfortunately to be a modern day player you have to be able to do both. Next week back to the important stuff. Come on you R’s
Bournemouth Reflection on 17:36 - Jan 6 with 5815 viewsPaddyhoops

Great first half . Bournemouth upped their game second half and as soon as we started conceding corners Begovich started his window cleaning again .
Oh and stop giving f**king hospital balls to Jimmy Dunne who is about as comfortable on the ball as a blind octopus.
Mind blowing shit . Keep selling those hats Asmir.
Bournemouth Reflection on 17:41 - Jan 6 with 5759 viewsbaz_qpr

Dunne can head a ball and that is it.

Cook and Cannon play today we win that game.

However lets be positive reserve defence, Armstrong scores a goal that they are describing on Sky and other TV as Henryesque that has to be good for him. Dykes gets a flukey one but unfortunately was generally crap. We have nothing on the bench to come on in midfield, so given we were all expecting a pasting the fact we did not get one is a big positive. And as I said in another thread, if we can't take set pieces ourselves how on earth do we expect to be any good at defending against them especially with prem quality delivery
Bournemouth Reflection on 17:45 - Jan 6 with 5686 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2-0 up at home and lose 3-2, and it's hard to be positive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bournemouth Reflection on 18:03 - Jan 6 with 5517 viewsstainrods_elbow

A wonderful sentiment to ring in the NY! Our appearance at Wembley in '82 wasn't 'important' at all. What a relief to ensure we exited this year's competition at the usual juncture via our absolutely irreversible defensive implosions so we can now pitch all our passion and talent into the fun and games of the Championship!

Good grief!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bournemouth Reflection on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 5519 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bournemouth Reflection on 17:45 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought we’d get gubbed.
We completed with only half our first team out there.
We scored two.
Sinclair had, by a massive distance, his best game for us.
Losing 3-2 was better than drawing 2-2, i hate to say it.
But i am absolutely gutted at the capitulation even though i texted 5 people at HT and said that’s what would happen.

Bare bones.

Bournemouth Reflection on 18:31 - Jan 6 with 5356 viewsManinBlack

I had predicted a 3-0 loss and it was delivered in the second half. What I hadn't expected was to be two up at half time. However, I am sure many on here, like me, knew we would lose in the second half. I know I am not alone in believing this would happen as this club always delivers on misery and false dawns.

The fact is we cannot defend against Championship teams so when Premiership players pressure us and pin us back with their pace, speed of passing and extra quality then it was a certainty we would make mistakes at the back and get punished. In the end they had three times as many efforts on goal as we did. Not only do we have a bad habit of conceding just before half time but we often concede straight after half time. Once the first goal went in there was loads of time for Bournemouth to win it.

The problem about being two up was it forced Bournemouth to up their game for the second half so they moved up several gears which stopped us playing. They closed the gaps in their defence and controlled possession. They would have had someone watching us against Cardiff and seen our weakness at set pieces to target.

While some might say what is the point of clubs like Palace and Bournemouth finishing lower mid table in the Premiership, well today showed the gulf between the Premier League and Championship. Bournemouth may not finish very high but the money they are getting in the moneybags league means they can have a squad worth £200 million and can go out and buy more players this month. We can't do that so we have no chance of bringing in more quality.

Unless we reach the Premiership again and stay there to benefit financially then we will continue to flounder unless someone out there transforms this club and bring in people and players with a better mindset. This club resembles a graveyard at times...
Bournemouth Reflection on 18:33 - Jan 6 with 5333 viewswortonr

There’s a lot of sense in this thread.
Actually we are better off losing than a draw…just
Some players should get a lift from that as individual performances were better than team
A makeshift defence against a confident club.. what did we expect?
Hopefully more positive than negative lead into next game?
Serious issues that need a fix within the transfer window…a win would have given a false hope
Bournemouth Reflection on 19:24 - Jan 6 with 5058 viewsdaveB

We were very good first half, deserved to be ahead, had best chances defended well, all very positive

They are better than us and played a lot better second half and we made some daft mistakes for the goals but overall a much better performance, Armstrong a massive improvement
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth Reflection on 19:29 - Jan 6 with 5022 viewsLowerloftLad

It's just another loss to add to the list.

We are fast becoming a laughing stock with league and cup stats.

I fail to see anything remotely positive about the club at the moment.

I told all my mates to stick money on 3-2 and two minutes into.the second half the writing was on the wall.
[Post edited 6 Jan 19:31]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:24 - Jan 6 with 4771 viewsJimthehip

Bournemouth Reflection on 17:45 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

..it's funny because I do feel a bit positive. I feel like if we can find a way to work Armstrong and dykes together maybe we can score more.
Bournemouth Reflection on 20:26 - Jan 6 with 4747 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:24 - Jan 6 by Jimthehip

..it's funny because I do feel a bit positive. I feel like if we can find a way to work Armstrong and dykes together maybe we can score more.

Armstrong won’t stay fit but feel we need to find a way to get him in the side. Obviously we’ll still lose games because we love finding ways to do that but I’d like to try him, Chair and Smyth behind Dykes. No need for three in midfield when Dozzell has his nine in ten anonymous performances as again today.
Bournemouth Reflection on 20:37 - Jan 6 with 4667 viewsSK_hoops

Bournemouth Reflection on 18:06 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

I thought we’d get gubbed.
We completed with only half our first team out there.
We scored two.
Sinclair had, by a massive distance, his best game for us.
Losing 3-2 was better than drawing 2-2, i hate to say it.
But i am absolutely gutted at the capitulation even though i texted 5 people at HT and said that’s what would happen.

Sorry, how is losing better than drawing?
Bournemouth Reflection on 20:45 - Jan 6 with 4624 viewsE17hoop

My brother is an Arsenal fan and he was watching on a dodgy stream. After the game he messaged me and asked:
Why did you make 11 substitutions a half time? You were doing really well until then.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:49 - Jan 6 with 4590 viewslassel

My only takeaway is that any player who has their first name on their shirt like “Philip” Billing is an utter cnt.
Bournemouth Reflection on 20:53 - Jan 6 with 4540 viewsJimthehip

Bournemouth Reflection on 18:03 - Jan 6 by stainrods_elbow

A wonderful sentiment to ring in the NY! Our appearance at Wembley in '82 wasn't 'important' at all. What a relief to ensure we exited this year's competition at the usual juncture via our absolutely irreversible defensive implosions so we can now pitch all our passion and talent into the fun and games of the Championship!

Good grief!

I know, it's painful mate. We're all hurting man.

If we do beat Watford next week our season could turn around...

keep the faith.
Bournemouth Reflection on 20:56 - Jan 6 with 4510 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67872815

Listen it's a good effort by the team put out there. Overwhelmed by a superior Prem team second half but almost got back to 3-3. Don't blame Begs for the second goal, it was excellent forward work but again a set piece. Amazing double save from him before that. World class.

More to praise than to criticise. Onwards!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:58 - Jan 6 with 4497 viewsdavman

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:24 - Jan 6 by Jimthehip

They hardly linked up today though, did they? No cohesive, passing anywhere on the park without Chair and Willock. Still channel balls and individual skill to get a shot off. Not sophisticated in anyway. Not MC's fault, it is the dogshit squad that has been assembled in the last four years.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:58 - Jan 6 with 4493 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:37 - Jan 6 by SK_hoops

Sorry, how is losing better than drawing?

Yeah I know. I would never say it normally but three things are abundantly clear:
1. Marti needs full weeks with this lot on the training ground working on basics like heading away corners. We have a month now with no midweek fixtures, and that is a good thing.
2. We only have about 14 players good enough to start games. Many of them are unable to reliably play 3 games per week without getting injured. No midweek games means less rotation and more of our best xi playing. A replay would complicate that. It’s not right, it’s not acceptable that that’s where we are, but it’s true.
3. If you think for a second we wouldn’t have lost there in a replay, you’re mad. So i’m not sure what that would have gained us. I wish teams would take cups seriously. To our credit, i felt we did today, but desired results for this game for me were a win first, a draw last.

Bare bones.

Bournemouth Reflection on 22:57 - Jan 6 with 4133 viewsPaddyhoops

Sorry downticked you by mistake. An un winnable midweek fixture would have no good to this squad or manager.
Bournemouth Reflection on 23:34 - Jan 6 with 4028 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:58 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah I know. I would never say it normally but three things are abundantly clear:
1. Marti needs full weeks with this lot on the training ground working on basics like heading away corners. We have a month now with no midweek fixtures, and that is a good thing.
2. We only have about 14 players good enough to start games. Many of them are unable to reliably play 3 games per week without getting injured. No midweek games means less rotation and more of our best xi playing. A replay would complicate that. It’s not right, it’s not acceptable that that’s where we are, but it’s true.
3. If you think for a second we wouldn’t have lost there in a replay, you’re mad. So i’m not sure what that would have gained us. I wish teams would take cups seriously. To our credit, i felt we did today, but desired results for this game for me were a win first, a draw last.

You say clubs (and presumably fans) should take cups seriously, i.e. compete in them, but can somehow see into the future to foresee our inevitable defeat in a 3rd round replay with the conviction of a Greek oracle in order to imply it was lucky we lost today. Laughable, and sad!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bournemouth Reflection on 09:34 - Jan 7 with 3683 viewsSK_hoops

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:58 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, all fair points. We probably would've got battered at theirs. I'm just so, so sick of never winning in the cup. I was aabsolutely buzzing at half time. Even then, that horrible feeling was lurking. Deep down, I knew we'd still lose or draw.
Bournemouth Reflection on 09:45 - Jan 7 with 3630 viewsjoe90

Watched the highlights and thought Armstrong’s goal was quality. It’s exactly the type of goal we’ve wanted him to score for a long time. Dykes goal was fluke, so what? Dunno unlucky to deflect the first Bournemouth goal and after that same old QPR

I don’t feel too upset by this defeat, didn’t think we’d win anyway and thought we’d put up much less of a fight, such is the expectation at the moment.

If we can’t take the positives (Armstrong’s goal) then there is absolutely no point watching QPR at the moment. I’m not a happy clapper or whatever, just can’t be arsed being depressed about something I have no control over.
Bournemouth Reflection on 09:47 - Jan 7 with 3617 viewsQPunkR

Only decided to go last minute as my mate is visiting from Oz and wanted to take his lad to the holy land for the first time. After going to Millwall on Boxing Day I was amazed how well we played first half and was astounded to be two up at half time. However, despite the feel-good, I said at half time we'd lose 2-4. So in that respect at least Rangers exceeded my expectations

QPR - "shit but local"

Bournemouth Reflection on 09:50 - Jan 7 with 3613 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Bournemouth Reflection on 23:34 - Jan 6 by stainrods_elbow

You say clubs (and presumably fans) should take cups seriously, i.e. compete in them, but can somehow see into the future to foresee our inevitable defeat in a 3rd round replay with the conviction of a Greek oracle in order to imply it was lucky we lost today. Laughable, and sad!

I think he explained himself well and took care to express that he isn’t in favour generally of not trying in a cup tie. However he was being realistic. The only thing laughable and sad is the state of our team
Bournemouth Reflection on 09:57 - Jan 7 with 3580 viewsGaryBannister86

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:56 - Jan 6 by bosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67872815

Listen it's a good effort by the team put out there. Overwhelmed by a superior Prem team second half but almost got back to 3-3. Don't blame Begs for the second goal, it was excellent forward work but again a set piece. Amazing double save from him before that. World class.

More to praise than to criticise. Onwards!

World class? Are you having a laugh? He's been directly responsible for how many goals recently? Every pro keeper makes saves. It's the rest of the game that matters. Was his distribution world class? He was awful. Dunne will be having nightmares about those hospital balls for the rest of the week. Those in the Ellerslie will be having trauma from when he was firing at them when he decided to go long.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024