Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp off 10:47 - Jan 26 with 11132 viewssupahoopsa

End of this season

Coming to the Rrrr's?

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Klopp off on 12:25 - Jan 26 with 1907 viewsSnipper

Klopp off on 12:20 - Jan 26 by daveB

every manager signs a few duds in their time but he's been brilliant for English football, quite sad to see him go

Wonder if he fancies the England job when Gareth goes

England would never appoint a German as manager of the national team.

They wouldn’t have Adidas as a kit supplier either.
Klopp off on 12:27 - Jan 26 with 1897 viewsMick_S

I’m not watching tv for a month.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Klopp off on 12:28 - Jan 26 with 1879 viewsBluce_Ree

Klopp off on 11:48 - Jan 26 by rbee

I can't get my head around why they would announce this mid season. Nothing positive about this for the club.

I'm pretty sure the general impact of announcing the manager leaving early is that the team falls apart. This is a terrible move for Liverpool.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Klopp off on 12:28 - Jan 26 with 1874 viewscheeseydane

every manager signs a few duds in their time but he's been brilliant for English football, quite sad to see him go

Would love to see him in the England seat.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Klopp off on 12:36 - Jan 26 with 1843 viewsNorthernr

Maybe to start with, absolute breath of fresh air when he first got here. In more recent times he's done nothing but bitch and moan about every aspect of the game here, and done a lot to undermine its traditions and what's good about it (cups, Christmas games etc).

He's 'only' won the FA Cup and League Cup once, I believe, which isn't great for a club of that size and budget, and has spent his time chipping and undermining and moaning about them more than almost anybody else. Doesn't want a replay when his £800m team somehow fails to knock over Exeter City. Doesn't want the Third Round to be the first week of January. We've now got the fifth round being played in a midweek so him and his precious Prem stars get a week off in Dubai in January which they've griped about for years. We're losing replays, they'll eventually ditch the League Cup altogether in return for a bit of extra Premier League money, we've got U21 teams in the EFL trophy - the cup competitions are part of what makes football in this country great and unique, and Klopp has done more than most from a position of extreme power and influence to chip and chip and chip away at them.

Him and his club are the absolute worst for constantly banging on and on and on about how many domestic games they have to play, particularly over Christmas, and how a 20 team Premier League is too much and there's too many games against idiot scum like Burnley, Sheff Utd and so on. While at the same time chucking their lot in with the European Super League, and the new reformed Champions League which is basically a bloated, money printing machine for the already super rich like them. They're the worst for spending what down time they do have flying all around the world to play games they don't have to on fcking baseball diamonds in the US and Far East. A week before this season that's apparently so hectic Klopp and Liverpool could never possibly cope with it they were playing Man Utd in Bangkok for goodness sake. Absolute fcking hypocrite(s). Any journalist who asks him a difficult question about any of this he basically flips and becomes a complete arshole.

He rightly bangs on about how FFP just doesn't seem to apply to Man City, but never once acknowledges that Liverpool have myriad advantages over 99% of every other club in the world. He's spent nearly £1bn on his team, but all you ever hear from him is how unfair it is that he's got to play West Ham at midday on Saturday when his poor little lambs had a Wednesday night game. With the players and budget he's got you should be beating West Ham if you had to play the game straight after on Thursday morning FFS, get on with it.

I absolutely loved him when he got here and you see him with the fans and in the community and whatever and he's still great. He's also clearly a fcking incredible manager. As said, could be an amazing and transformative option for England. But he's become a pretty joyless misery in more recent years (takes one to know one) and done a fair bit to undermine the traditions of the sport in this country. Perhaps that's a reflection of his mood and energy levels, hence this decision.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Klopp off on 12:46 - Jan 26 with 1779 viewsjoe90

Can't stand Liverpool, sanctimonious club and fans. Klopp was a perfect fit, all front. Plays the nice guy card, but you can tell the c*nt in him isn't far from the surface.

In recent times what's really annoyed me about Liverpool 'fans' is the narrative that they've taken on 'oil money', like they haven't got a pot to p*ss in, like they're doing it for all the little clubs.

I work with so many of those so called 'plastic' fans. Worst people to talk to about football, they embody nearly everything I hate about modern football. It's astonishing listening to two Londoners (one a Liverpool fan the other a Man Utd fan) talking about their 'rivalry'. Obviously neither have watched their team live or have any connection to either city or region, but yet they somehow have a deep love for the club. Makes me dislike Liverpool even more than I already do!

To be honest, I have been a bit mean about this at work. After Liverpool won the league, there was some general football talk and a few Liverpool 'fans' were talking about how great it was that 'they' won the league. I agreed with them and said it must feel great for Liverpool fans, I went on about how great it feels to be in the ground to see a last minute winner at Wembley or see your team lift the league title at home - all of which I have seen. I made it very clear that if they haven't experienced that then they don't know how it feels. The pure joy of celebrating with fellow fans in the moment, there is no substitute. Their experience is some c*nt pundit on Sky parroting every cliche under the sun as they watch other people living the moment.

Thankfully it doesn't occupy my thoughts, but when news like this comes up it gives me an opportunity to rant.
Klopp off on 12:50 - Jan 26 with 1753 viewslassel

I mean as said Dave I don’t really buy that he has been brilliant.

Ultimately Liverpool broke the world transfer record twice, blew €175m on duds, admitted hacking City’s scouting portal yet twice finished outside the top 4 and won nothing in the majority of Klopps seasons.

In the time Klopp has been at Liverpool, he has won as many FA Cups, as many PLs and as many CLs as Chelsea’s revolving door of clowns.
Klopp off on 12:53 - Jan 26 with 1745 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lee Carsley just turned down the ROI job in hopes of getting the England jon when Southgate walks after the Euros .
Klopp is burned out and has become a total dick to media yet gets a pass because of his past good graces .
Login to get fewer ads

Klopp off on 12:57 - Jan 26 with 1716 viewsmart_Goblin

Going to be in a whopping minority here but I for one am sad to see him go.
I appreciate that I’m also influenced by my best mate who follows Liverpool around the world so there is that.

I’m also a huge football fan as well as a huge QPR fan but I’ve enjoyed watching Klopps Liverpool play over the years . Also been very noticeable how prickly he had become over the last 2 or 3 years especially . He didn’t do himself many favours but maybe a little was understandable when they have been picked to play lunchtime weekend games for tv over double the amount of the other teams in Europe and when the league orders you to play a cup game the same DAY as you have to play a Club World Cup match !
Playing a weakened team was really not an option .

But anyway I’ll get the tim hat on .

My mate came with me to the recent Cardiff game . He isn’t rushing back 😂
Klopp off on 13:45 - Jan 26 with 1574 viewsngbqpr

I'm with you Goblin.

Big fan of Klopp. Yeh he's been an ar$ehole now and again - haven't we all. Arguably he's getting out because he's aware of getting too ratty.

Liverpool as a club are just another faceless big boy team that I don't think about much - but I enjoy watching quality football at any level, and more often than not I've enjoyed watching Klopp's teams play.

On a personal level I love the city of Liverpool and have enjoyed the company of many scousers. Detest some of the really nasty stuff that is spouted from so many quarters about the city / people.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Klopp off on 13:54 - Jan 26 with 1549 viewstraininvain

Klopp off on 12:36 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Maybe to start with, absolute breath of fresh air when he first got here. In more recent times he's done nothing but bitch and moan about every aspect of the game here, and done a lot to undermine its traditions and what's good about it (cups, Christmas games etc).

He's 'only' won the FA Cup and League Cup once, I believe, which isn't great for a club of that size and budget, and has spent his time chipping and undermining and moaning about them more than almost anybody else. Doesn't want a replay when his £800m team somehow fails to knock over Exeter City. Doesn't want the Third Round to be the first week of January. We've now got the fifth round being played in a midweek so him and his precious Prem stars get a week off in Dubai in January which they've griped about for years. We're losing replays, they'll eventually ditch the League Cup altogether in return for a bit of extra Premier League money, we've got U21 teams in the EFL trophy - the cup competitions are part of what makes football in this country great and unique, and Klopp has done more than most from a position of extreme power and influence to chip and chip and chip away at them.

Him and his club are the absolute worst for constantly banging on and on and on about how many domestic games they have to play, particularly over Christmas, and how a 20 team Premier League is too much and there's too many games against idiot scum like Burnley, Sheff Utd and so on. While at the same time chucking their lot in with the European Super League, and the new reformed Champions League which is basically a bloated, money printing machine for the already super rich like them. They're the worst for spending what down time they do have flying all around the world to play games they don't have to on fcking baseball diamonds in the US and Far East. A week before this season that's apparently so hectic Klopp and Liverpool could never possibly cope with it they were playing Man Utd in Bangkok for goodness sake. Absolute fcking hypocrite(s). Any journalist who asks him a difficult question about any of this he basically flips and becomes a complete arshole.

He rightly bangs on about how FFP just doesn't seem to apply to Man City, but never once acknowledges that Liverpool have myriad advantages over 99% of every other club in the world. He's spent nearly £1bn on his team, but all you ever hear from him is how unfair it is that he's got to play West Ham at midday on Saturday when his poor little lambs had a Wednesday night game. With the players and budget he's got you should be beating West Ham if you had to play the game straight after on Thursday morning FFS, get on with it.

I absolutely loved him when he got here and you see him with the fans and in the community and whatever and he's still great. He's also clearly a fcking incredible manager. As said, could be an amazing and transformative option for England. But he's become a pretty joyless misery in more recent years (takes one to know one) and done a fair bit to undermine the traditions of the sport in this country. Perhaps that's a reflection of his mood and energy levels, hence this decision.

Best manager currently in the Premiership imo. His net spend at Liverpool is less than a third of Guardiola’s. And he inherited a far weaker squad. This was the first XI he picked at the club:

Mignolet
Moreno
Sakho
Skrtel
Clyne
Lucas
Can
Milner
Coutinho
Lallana
Origi

They’d finished 6th the season before he joined, 25 points off city. He’s beaten Ferguson’s record point total in a season a couple of times and been very unlucky to only win one title.

In 2019, Liverpool finished on 97pts with only one loss all season and still finished second because City have created an unfair advantage by making a mockery of FFP.

Agree that he’s bitched and moaned in recent times but that’s because he’s essentially trying to beat a club that have cheated (115 charges etc) to get ahead. I’d be fuming if I was in his shoes.
Klopp off on 13:59 - Jan 26 with 1538 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brilliant post.
He has been really chippy with almost every question put to him in the last few months that Sky have to get Kelly Cates to ask him questions because she's the only one he wouldn't dare patronise or intimidate.
Thoroughly unpleasant man - maybe he isn't, and maybe he's realised that's what he's become, and if he has, that's greater self-knowledge than I could ever muster.
He never seemed to understand that if you manage a successful club you play more games, because, you know, that's how Cup competitions work.

Bare bones.

Klopp off on 14:17 - Jan 26 with 1485 viewsNorthernr

There's gonna be some belters...

Klopp off on 14:21 - Jan 26 with 1468 viewsHAYESBOY

I couldn't give a toss.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Klopp off on 14:21 - Jan 26 with 1467 viewsMrSheen

Klopp off on 13:45 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

I'm with you Goblin.

Big fan of Klopp. Yeh he's been an ar$ehole now and again - haven't we all. Arguably he's getting out because he's aware of getting too ratty.

Liverpool as a club are just another faceless big boy team that I don't think about much - but I enjoy watching quality football at any level, and more often than not I've enjoyed watching Klopp's teams play.

On a personal level I love the city of Liverpool and have enjoyed the company of many scousers. Detest some of the really nasty stuff that is spouted from so many quarters about the city / people.

At least he won a few things before becoming a whiny rsehole. One up on Arteta.
Klopp off on 14:22 - Jan 26 with 1466 viewsmart_Goblin

I'm with you Goblin.

Yes I agree especially with the last paragraph. Some of the ignorant garbage I read about the people drives me nuts .
Bellends everywhere not just in Liverpool 😄
Klopp off on 14:22 - Jan 26 with 1462 viewsMrSheen

Klopp off on 14:17 - Jan 26 by Northernr

There's gonna be some belters...

Here's hoping for something special from Everton's poet-laureate too.
Klopp off on 14:31 - Jan 26 with 1412 viewsMrSheen

Careful what you wish for, part 396.

Klopp off on 14:32 - Jan 26 with 1400 viewsted_hendrix

About as Interesting as Kate Middleton's false tits.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Klopp off on 15:06 - Jan 26 with 1331 viewsdutch

I hate football.
Klopp off on 15:20 - Jan 26 with 1281 viewsdaveB

I do agree he can be a right arse at times but really enjoyed watching his teams play. He does seem to have got more and more angry the last 2 years so can see why he wants to call it a day.

Been lucky to see his team and Peps in the same era, they are both brilliant to watch regardless of how much money they've spent. Chelsea spent similar fortunes and were never as entertaining as these 2 sides
Klopp off on 15:25 - Jan 26 with 1256 viewsGaryBannister86

Klopp off on 12:46 - Jan 26 by joe90

Can't stand Liverpool, sanctimonious club and fans. Klopp was a perfect fit, all front. Plays the nice guy card, but you can tell the c*nt in him isn't far from the surface.

In recent times what's really annoyed me about Liverpool 'fans' is the narrative that they've taken on 'oil money', like they haven't got a pot to p*ss in, like they're doing it for all the little clubs.

I work with so many of those so called 'plastic' fans. Worst people to talk to about football, they embody nearly everything I hate about modern football. It's astonishing listening to two Londoners (one a Liverpool fan the other a Man Utd fan) talking about their 'rivalry'. Obviously neither have watched their team live or have any connection to either city or region, but yet they somehow have a deep love for the club. Makes me dislike Liverpool even more than I already do!

To be honest, I have been a bit mean about this at work. After Liverpool won the league, there was some general football talk and a few Liverpool 'fans' were talking about how great it was that 'they' won the league. I agreed with them and said it must feel great for Liverpool fans, I went on about how great it feels to be in the ground to see a last minute winner at Wembley or see your team lift the league title at home - all of which I have seen. I made it very clear that if they haven't experienced that then they don't know how it feels. The pure joy of celebrating with fellow fans in the moment, there is no substitute. Their experience is some c*nt pundit on Sky parroting every cliche under the sun as they watch other people living the moment.

Thankfully it doesn't occupy my thoughts, but when news like this comes up it gives me an opportunity to rant.

Joe, my thoughts exactly. I hate those plastic fans so much, all of them, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U blah blah.

I can't even talk football with them. It's two different things, they just don't understand and I have no clue what their "passion" really is.

If someone ask me if I am a football fan, I say no, I'm a QPR fan. Then I don't have to talk to some Arsenal tosser who once got tickets and took pictures the whole game whilst wearing a half and half scarf.
[Post edited 26 Jan 15:25]
Klopp off on 15:39 - Jan 26 with 1201 viewsClive_Anderson

Yes yes he's obviously a good manager and good football blah blah etc.

Something about him really rubs me up the wrong way, not sure if it's his general tramp like appearance offset by those absurd fake white teeth and hair or whether it's his general nastiness and woe is me attitude.

Liverpool are almost as loathsome as Chelsea these days, it's quite amusing all their 90+ points totals just got them one league title and even that one was in front of an empty stadium. Would be good to see them miss out by a point yet again this season and then not get anywhere near winning once he's gone.
Klopp off on 15:52 - Jan 26 with 1168 viewsbosh67

I just can't get my head around it. Why is he leaving to come to us?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Klopp off on 15:53 - Jan 26 with 1154 viewskensalriser

I'm with you Goblin.

Cream in its heyday was something to behold.

Took a US DJ there circa 1994 and was asked before his set what kind of style the crowd was into. I had one word for him: piano. Cue slightly strange look. Early in the set he drops a tune with a big piano break, room erupts with every pair of hands in the air, big laugh from the DJ.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024