Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore sacked 12:24 - Jan 29 with 6457 viewssprocket

https://www.htafc.com/news/2024/january/club-statement-darren-moore/

That's what you get for not beating this QPR side
Moore sacked on 15:24 - Jan 29 with 1924 viewsNorthernr

Moore sacked on 15:23 - Jan 29 by Hunterhoop

You get the impression there is some sort of mental chairmen cartel going in Yorkshire. The madman at Wednesday no doubt was delighted by this news.

I think Moore is an alright manager and I thought Huddersfield certainly played for him. I think there is as much chance those draws turn into losses as wins with a new manager. They looked organised but with only two players of any quality…if the new guy can’t get them as organised, falls out with someone, or tries a system that doesn’t work, they’ll get worse. I’m not sure what glaring errors Moore was making, tbh.

They share one of our issues - sht strikers.
Moore sacked on 15:26 - Jan 29 with 1911 viewsLazyFan

Moore sacked on 15:24 - Jan 29 by Northernr

They share one of our issues - sht strikers.

But they have signed a couple in the window I think?

zzzzzzzzzz

Moore sacked on 15:36 - Jan 29 with 1854 viewsNorthernr

Moore sacked on 15:26 - Jan 29 by LazyFan

But they have signed a couple in the window I think?

Well I'll be interested to see how Radulovic does but Healey scored two goals for Watford in the first half of the season and has been fcking crap against us twice in the last fortnight.
Moore sacked on 15:38 - Jan 29 with 1832 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Moore sacked on 15:36 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Well I'll be interested to see how Radulovic does but Healey scored two goals for Watford in the first half of the season and has been fcking crap against us twice in the last fortnight.

Healy had five chances yesterday iirc.

He could, and probably should have won the game for them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Moore sacked on 15:47 - Jan 29 with 1749 viewssprocket

They only looked dangerous at set pieces and probably should have scored at least once. To our credit we have have tightened up set piece defending somewhat but still look ropey. We get done on second phase from set piece albeit clearly offside. Two very poor teams though and you would think one if not two of them will go down.
Moore sacked on 15:57 - Jan 29 with 1635 viewsE15Hoop

Moore sacked on 15:20 - Jan 29 by Ned_Kennedys

It’s hardly ‘brilliant news’ for us is it?
Read their forums and a lot of fans wanted him out: he’s hardly won a game since he was appointed.
More likely to get a new manager bounce (could hardly get worse results) and it’s certainly not an impossibility that Warnock will fancy a cheeky short term contract to keep them up.

I think it’s bad news for us.

Who do you think is actually going to want to go in there and have their every move watched by a Chairman with delusions of grandeur?

Certainly not Warnock, who I would imagine would tell the Chairman exactly where to poke his "long-term vision".

My best would be Nathan Jones, as he's got a large enough ego to match the Chairman's, and that would then further alienate the players.

So I stand by what I said, thank you very much.
Moore sacked on 16:03 - Jan 29 with 1604 viewsNed_Kennedys

Moore sacked on 15:57 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

Who do you think is actually going to want to go in there and have their every move watched by a Chairman with delusions of grandeur?

Certainly not Warnock, who I would imagine would tell the Chairman exactly where to poke his "long-term vision".

My best would be Nathan Jones, as he's got a large enough ego to match the Chairman's, and that would then further alienate the players.

So I stand by what I said, thank you very much.

Haha of course you do.

Yeah no manager is going to be interested in taking a Championship job are they lol.

And how do you know the inner workings of Huddersfield football club, what the Chairman is like or what the players think?

I think I know where you are talking from, and it’s not a position of knowledge.
Moore sacked on 16:04 - Jan 29 with 1585 viewsCamberleyR

Moore sacked on 13:05 - Jan 29 by Superhoops2808

I am afraid they did not play well, we just played worse than them - I watched the game at work and several neutral colleagues said it was an awful match an both sides were shocking

Exactly this. Two bald men fighting over a comb.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Moore sacked on 16:12 - Jan 29 with 1536 viewsE15Hoop

Moore sacked on 16:03 - Jan 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Haha of course you do.

Yeah no manager is going to be interested in taking a Championship job are they lol.

And how do you know the inner workings of Huddersfield football club, what the Chairman is like or what the players think?

I think I know where you are talking from, and it’s not a position of knowledge.

You only have to read the language of the Chairman and see how he's acted in the last few days to get a feel for who he is, and therefore what the impact is going to be on th e plyers.

I'll spell this our for you, shall I ?

C-O-M-M-O-N S-E-N-S-E.

Seems I've taught you a new concept, today, Ned -all at no charge!
Moore sacked on 16:16 - Jan 29 with 1507 viewscolinallcars

Shame he's not called O'Moore.
Then they could have shown him the Rory O'Moore.
Now that's an arcane saying…..
Moore sacked on 16:50 - Jan 29 with 1362 viewsrbee

Harsh.

It might work in our favour, who knows. Various new signings, a new manager, new coaching staff, they all have got to gel.

Huddersfield were the better team on Sunday but they still didn't trouble Begovic did they, I can only think of that looping header, the goal was lucky.

Field will be a big miss on Saturday but I still think we could get something at Blackburn.
Moore sacked on 16:58 - Jan 29 with 1338 viewsStanisgod

Moore sacked on 13:11 - Jan 29 by LazyFan

Massive risk in this, with the new signings they have a great chance of staying out of the bottom three.
Moore outsmarted us tactically in the game and went for the win. If it wasn't for a lucky goal by us he would have got it.

Depending on who they get, this could be great news for us.

Our goal was lucky, but was a legal goal, theirs wasn't.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Moore sacked on 17:07 - Jan 29 with 1291 viewsNed_Kennedys

Moore sacked on 16:12 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

You only have to read the language of the Chairman and see how he's acted in the last few days to get a feel for who he is, and therefore what the impact is going to be on th e plyers.

I'll spell this our for you, shall I ?

C-O-M-M-O-N S-E-N-S-E.

Seems I've taught you a new concept, today, Ned -all at no charge!

Let’s see how this ‘brilliant news’ plays out then.

Weren’t you the fella who was absolutely certain that Ainsworth was going to do and was doing a brilliant job and by the way?
Moore sacked on 17:15 - Jan 29 with 1237 viewsrbee

Moore sacked on 16:58 - Jan 29 by Stanisgod

Our goal was lucky, but was a legal goal, theirs wasn't.

I don't know, when you watch the replay Pall certainly takes his time getting his body in shape to make contact with the ball.
Moore sacked on 17:23 - Jan 29 with 1199 viewstraininvain

Moore sacked on 17:07 - Jan 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Weren’t you the fella who was absolutely certain that Ainsworth was going to do and was doing a brilliant job and by the way?

Pot kettle…
Moore sacked on 17:36 - Jan 29 with 1128 viewsjohann28

Moore sacked on 13:36 - Jan 29 by Hunterhoop

No chance. We had some neutrals with us who didn’t think that.

Huddersfield had the best two players on the pitch in Rudoni and their winger. They had 10 corners to our 4 and 13 shots to our 7, and quite comfortably were the more threatening. Their high press was well organised and effective. I thought they looked pretty well drilled but lacking a centre forward. They were far better than Millwall and Cardiff who we’ve played at home recently.

We were second best.

'Quite comfortably the most threatening'. Yup, that's what i saw, particularly in the second half. Everyone around me saying 'only one team going to win this', and it wasn't Qpr. Perhaps if they'd scored earlier, it might have made a difference, but that was a thoroughly lacklustre display which we wouldn't have yelled 'robbed' if we'd lost.
Moore sacked on 18:23 - Jan 29 with 1020 viewsE15Hoop

Moore sacked on 17:07 - Jan 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Slight exaggeration (not unusual for your good self, it seems..).

What I actually said, at the risk of repeating myself ad nauseam was that Ainsworth did not deserve the amount of mud-slinging on here that he was getting and that there was no good reason that it shouldn't work well.

If you look at our performances against Cardiff away, Southampton away, Sunderland at home (up until Colback's brainless sending off) and Leicester at home, I would suggest I had every good reason for suggesting that. Having said that, I became as infuriated as many other people by the drivel spoken in pre- and post-match interviews, and the sense of being told there were going to be great changes in the culture of the place and how that would breed a winning mentality that just didn't materialise.

My abiding hope is that time will soften some of the vitriol aimed at him during his managerial reign, and people will at least acknowledge that he always gave 100% to the cause, sometimes at risk to both his physical and mental wellbeing.

In addition, I detect that you quite enjoy p*ssing on other people's chips, and expect yours to be p*ssed on in return. I prefer living in a "glass is half full" world, personally - tends to make for a mostly happier existence, I've found from experience.
Moore sacked on 18:28 - Jan 29 with 1010 viewsGus_iom

Moore sacked on 15:36 - Jan 29 by Northernr

In defence of Healey, I reckon he's played more minutes at Loftus Road in the last month then Richards has in his career, though.
Moore sacked on 18:29 - Jan 29 with 1006 viewsEsox_Lucius

Moore sacked on 13:49 - Jan 29 by Antti_Heinola

I think we were second best, partly because poor Drewe couldn't handle Sorba Thomas at all, but there was very little in it. They were playing for time almost from kick off, so were clear about their priorities. I don't think Begovic had a save to make of note, and the one goal they got was offside. Two very poor teams I expect will both go down.

Drewe handled Thomas very well. Moreso as Willock was no help so it was a single handed effort. Do most of you to games just to see if you can call out our players after the game? The fùcking abuse directed at our own players day after day on this date makes me question if there are non QPR fans on here trolling.

The grass is always greener.

Moore sacked on 18:37 - Jan 29 with 964 viewsE15Hoop

Moore sacked on 18:29 - Jan 29 by Esox_Lucius

Drewe handled Thomas very well. Moreso as Willock was no help so it was a single handed effort. Do most of you to games just to see if you can call out our players after the game? The fùcking abuse directed at our own players day after day on this date makes me question if there are non QPR fans on here trolling.

I don't think its quite as bad as that EL, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.
100% agree with you about Drewe, as at least he prevented Thomas from getting as many crosses in as he was aiming to.
It would obviously have been better if Drewe could have stopped Thomas from advancing as far as he did in the first place, but full marks to him for making the most important block so often.
Moore sacked on 19:34 - Jan 29 with 825 viewsPunteR

Moore sacked on 18:29 - Jan 29 by Esox_Lucius

I don't know what you expect fans to be like after putting up with so much rubbish on and off the pitch for two years now.
Some fans defended Ainsworth to the hilt, every fan wanted him to do well but the fact remained he was in over his head. Same with Drewe. He's had loads of posters saying he done alright in the circumstances and others slating him. All about opinions right?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Moore sacked on 20:15 - Jan 29 with 752 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Moore sacked on 19:34 - Jan 29 by PunteR

I don't know what you expect fans to be like after putting up with so much rubbish on and off the pitch for two years now.
Some fans defended Ainsworth to the hilt, every fan wanted him to do well but the fact remained he was in over his head. Same with Drewe. He's had loads of posters saying he done alright in the circumstances and others slating him. All about opinions right?.

Big difference from those watching the game at LF and the ones watching on TV I feel.
Drewe was called into action unexpectedly and got a very poor decision against him (yellow card ) right away but battled on fair play to him.
However I fely he was going to kill us being ripped apart down his side but Willock has to share the blame here .
For a seasoned Pro he was pretty useless and neither has the legs or heart for this huge fight on our hands .
Drewe at least battled hard but teams have and will continue to expose him badly and beat us.
Cannon has been a very unproductive and disappointing signing IMO
Moore sacked on 20:19 - Jan 29 with 732 viewsCiderwithRsie

Moore sacked on 13:06 - Jan 29 by stowmarketrange

Rooney is free.

Just as well, you wouldn't want to have to actually pay for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024