Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Development Squad at Cardiff 16:15 - Jan 29 with 10443 viewsQPRSteve

Tuesday 2pm. Can be watched on Cardiff's Youtube channel

Development Squad at Cardiff on 21:35 - Jan 30 with 2631 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Development Squad at Cardiff on 21:27 - Jan 30 by lassel

Not really Brian, just a frustrated throwaway comment about how the club has gotten itself into this position. Not Adomahs fault that we gave him a year (maybe 2) too many but when we don’t have a pot to piss in its frustrating that poor planning sees one of the better earners seeing out that deal helping out with the u21s.

Ok, I understand you know.

But the Development Squad is there to give game-time to a few older players as well just as the Reserves did back in the days of the Combination League. I'm happy to see Adomah get a run out today. I thought he needed it. Can't get match-fit on the bench.

Also, playing alongside older pros in the seconds/stiffs/ressies or whatever nickname they had always helped our younger players back then. They always said it in interviews.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Development Squad at Cardiff on 21:48 - Jan 30 with 2562 viewslassel

Development Squad at Cardiff on 21:35 - Jan 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, I understand you know.

But the Development Squad is there to give game-time to a few older players as well just as the Reserves did back in the days of the Combination League. I'm happy to see Adomah get a run out today. I thought he needed it. Can't get match-fit on the bench.

Also, playing alongside older pros in the seconds/stiffs/ressies or whatever nickname they had always helped our younger players back then. They always said it in interviews.

Sure and of course if we were a boring mid table team nobody would care about what Adomah earns and where he does or doesn’t play, indeed they’d probably be happy for him to work with the u21s and transaction to coaching, but right now it just stings a bit.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 21:54 - Jan 30 with 2513 viewsted_hendrix

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:24 - Jan 30 by NW5Hoop

Matteo's a family friend. He used to keep goal for my son's team at Market Road and Regent's Park. Even as a little kid he was absolutely incredible. The team once won the league despite being the lowest scorers, because he just never conceded anything.

Great stuff.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Development Squad at Cardiff on 22:37 - Jan 30 with 2413 viewsdannyblue

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:43 - Jan 30 by dmm

I think Aoraha is still injured.

Bala's loan to Slough Town finished just before Christmas so don't know where he is.

Kargbo was injured earlier in the season so maybe still is.

I know nothing about McCann.

Kargbo was in the gym with a pretty hefty brace on his leg on Nov 15th when I went to Heston. But that's over 2 months ago now.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 00:36 - Jan 31 with 2273 viewsNW5Hoop

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:00 - Jan 30 by GaryBannister86

Lovely to hear. How tall is he? When I've seen him at LR I just thought he might be a tad on the small side. But has always impressed me.

I hadn't seen him for ages till he was warming up when he was on the bench against Bournemouth. I thought he'd be too short for the professional game. As a little kid he spent time with Reading, and I think they didn't bother with him because of his height. But my lad – who's 6'4" – reckons Matteo is just about as tall as him. That seems optimistic to me, but he is a good bit over six feet. Not a giant, but not small.

EDIT I see upthread that he is indeed 6'4". Well, I would never have predicted that.
[Post edited 31 Jan 0:41]
Development Squad at Cardiff on 04:24 - Jan 31 with 2189 viewsQPROslo

Development Squad at Cardiff on 17:48 - Jan 30 by lassel

It’s pretty sad to think that Adomah had been a pro for several years already before most of the other 21 out there were born.

And he’s earning more than the other 21 combined every week.

Whatever. I get the impression Albert still enjoys playing and perhaps the Development team youngsters learn a few things from him playing along side them.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 09:08 - Jan 31 with 1985 viewsTheChef

Development Squad at Cardiff on 19:41 - Jan 30 by BrianMcCarthy

In a season devoid of much cheer, it's encouraging to see thsi team doing well. Their squad is getting weakened continually by injuries, loans out and senior call-ups and they're still playing with structure and style.

Only saw bits of today's game, but somebody's doing a good job with these lads. Nice to be able to say that.

That somebody is Paul Furlong.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Development Squad at Cardiff on 12:27 - Jan 31 with 1763 viewsSheffieldHoop

What's the deal with Salamon? I know he was playing non-league, was at Uxbridge before us I think, maybe just in the U18s. Did we scout him out as a high-potential player, or did he have to come begging for a trial?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:01 - Jan 31 with 1609 viewsNorthernr

Development Squad at Cardiff on 12:27 - Jan 31 by SheffieldHoop

What's the deal with Salamon? I know he was playing non-league, was at Uxbridge before us I think, maybe just in the U18s. Did we scout him out as a high-potential player, or did he have to come begging for a trial?

He's been around a while. I was standing next to Bankole at Hampton and Richmond friendly a few years ago now and he was saying he was the one of the keepers they thought had a chance once he'd bulked out a bit.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:03 - Jan 31 with 1600 viewsaston_hoop

Came to the club at 11

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/one-of-r-own-matteo-salamon-130422/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:18 - Jan 31 with 1499 viewsSheffieldHoop

I thought we'd signed him from Uxbridge for some reason, was giving me hope that maybe we do have somebody, somewhere, keeping an eye on youngsters coming through the pyramid.

Turns out, probably not.

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:20 - Jan 31 with 1515 viewsNorthernr

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:18 - Jan 31 by SheffieldHoop

I thought we'd signed him from Uxbridge for some reason, was giving me hope that maybe we do have somebody, somewhere, keeping an eye on youngsters coming through the pyramid.

Turns out, probably not.

Dreamer.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:51 - Jan 31 with 1448 viewsHunterhoop

Development Squad at Cardiff on 09:08 - Jan 31 by TheChef

That somebody is Paul Furlong.

A proper culture guardian. That bloke is probably in better shape than some of our first team squad.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:01 - Jan 31 with 1402 viewsaston_hoop

Steven Bala came from Barnet, Alfie Lloyd from Yeovil, Nathan Jeche from Maidenhead. We've had plenty in recent years we've picked out of non-league, they just haven't been much good!

On that note, Jaden Ogwuazor has been released today

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:11 - Jan 31 with 1358 viewsRBlock

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:01 - Jan 31 by Northernr

He's been around a while. I was standing next to Bankole at Hampton and Richmond friendly a few years ago now and he was saying he was the one of the keepers they thought had a chance once he'd bulked out a bit.

My brother (who follows all U21s games for work) really rates Salamon, thinks he's one of the few who has actually got a chance.
[Post edited 31 Jan 15:12]
Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:20 - Jan 31 with 1287 viewsSheffieldHoop

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:01 - Jan 31 by aston_hoop

Steven Bala came from Barnet, Alfie Lloyd from Yeovil, Nathan Jeche from Maidenhead. We've had plenty in recent years we've picked out of non-league, they just haven't been much good!

On that note, Jaden Ogwuazor has been released today

Do you know that the club has scouted them, or might these lads have just got themselves a good intermediary?

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:26 - Jan 31 with 1272 viewsBoston

I didn't notice, but who (is), captained the side?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:40 - Jan 31 with 1234 viewsaston_hoop

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:20 - Jan 31 by SheffieldHoop

Do you know that the club has scouted them, or might these lads have just got themselves a good intermediary?

Can't say with any certainty about this. I know we teamed up with some scouting company to identify non-league talent and we've had a few on trial this season and last from the non-professional game.

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:47 - Jan 31 with 1202 viewswortonr

Development Squad at Cardiff on 15:26 - Jan 31 by Boston

I didn't notice, but who (is), captained the side?

Woodman
At least before he was injured
Development Squad at Cardiff on 16:05 - Jan 31 with 1130 viewsdmm

Development Squad at Cardiff on 14:01 - Jan 31 by Northernr

Bankole
Development Squad at Cardiff on 16:59 - Jan 31 with 1062 viewsBeejnewark

Interesting that Jake Leahy played RB for the Dev Squad after playing LB for the U18s the other day. Great goal line clearance too.

Some promise there in others too.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 17:35 - Jan 31 with 1005 viewsNorthernr

Development Squad at Cardiff on 16:05 - Jan 31 by dmm

Bankole

He's their fcking coach. You couldn't write this stuff.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 16:02 - Feb 1 with 796 viewsdmm

Development Squad at Cardiff on 18:55 - Jan 30 by aston_hoop

I'd like to see Deon Woodman get out on loan in the coming days. Think there is a player in there, whether its for us or lower down, he is decent.

Woodman has landed a month's loan at Wealdstone which should be good for him.
Development Squad at Cardiff on 16:21 - Feb 1 with 744 viewsTheChef

Development Squad at Cardiff on 16:02 - Feb 1 by dmm

Woodman has landed a month's loan at Wealdstone which should be good for him.

Local derby with Barnet up next.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024