Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, according to CEO Nourry 17:15 - Feb 6 with 11852 viewsqpr1976

We will no longer be disclosing players contract lengths !
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:08 - Feb 6 with 2403 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:52 - Feb 6 by Northernr

It’s not, in the grand scheme of things. But, like I say, this support base has turned up in ridiculous numbers and remarkable humour over two of the worst years in the history of the club with money increasingly tight. The people running this club have made a series of decisions and deals that have driven it to the brink of relegation to the third tier, a once in 50 year event prior to this. They’re now saying in future we’re going to make those deals, and we’re going to tell you even less about them than they were before. Undisclosed fee, undisclosed agent, undisclosed wage, undisclosed contract length. This will quickly backfire either when they land a good one but it turns out he’s going on a free in 6 months, or they land a Richards and we’re all counting the days to him fcking off in the summer and it turns out they’ve given him 4 years.

It’s poor. As Sheffield says, everybody in the sport will know how long these contracts are, the only people you’re depriving is the fans, and given how remarkably patient those fans have been with you what exactly are you achieving?

But, as we have discussed here numerous times, the owner(s) put the money in, they can do what they want. Let's face it, when telling fans what the length of contracts we're it made zero difference, they still made stupid decisions that have almost got us relegated.

At least by not knowing we can worry and gossip about other things at the club!
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:13 - Feb 6 with 2352 viewsNorthernr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:08 - Feb 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

But, as we have discussed here numerous times, the owner(s) put the money in, they can do what they want. Let's face it, when telling fans what the length of contracts we're it made zero difference, they still made stupid decisions that have almost got us relegated.

At least by not knowing we can worry and gossip about other things at the club!

It’ll backfire.

Let me give you an example. One of the really stupid decisions they made was a 2 year extension for an already clearly done Albert Adomah. Now that was fcking stupid, we all said it was stupid, but at least expectations were set. Imagine if they’d just said “we’ve extended his contract” as they’re doing now. We’d all have said “that’s fcking stupid, but at least it’ll only be a year” and we’d have looked forward to last summer when Adomah’s wage comes off our calcs only for it to turn out he’s got another year besides. Cue a whole new extra wave of “THAT’S REALLY FCKING STUPID”.

If you’re doing stupid things then take the hit for it once, don’t leave yourself open to taking the hit for it every fcking summer.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:14 - Feb 6 with 2349 viewsNorthernr

And also the fans have been great. Beyond great. They deserve a bit better.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:22 - Feb 6 with 2297 viewsQPRConor2000

Its still early days I know, but so far I am really liking the way Christian Nourry has gone about things, getting Hayden and Hodge in particular where the vast bulk of the wages are funded by Newcastle and Wolves respectively is really solid business.

Also for those wondering, we are not the only club who dont disclose contract lengths, I pretty sure Luton have had a similar policy for a few years now of not publically disclosing contract lengths and that hasn't done them any harm.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:27 - Feb 6 with 2250 viewslassel

So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:22 - Feb 6 by QPRConor2000

Its still early days I know, but so far I am really liking the way Christian Nourry has gone about things, getting Hayden and Hodge in particular where the vast bulk of the wages are funded by Newcastle and Wolves respectively is really solid business.

Also for those wondering, we are not the only club who dont disclose contract lengths, I pretty sure Luton have had a similar policy for a few years now of not publically disclosing contract lengths and that hasn't done them any harm.

It’s important to acknowledge at the same time that Hayden and Hodge were essentially sympathy deals from friendly clubs. Hayden to get some wages off the books with FFP looking large and Hodge to get a lot of minutes in the rest of the season.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 2176 viewscpgerber

Are there footballers out there on "normal" contracts like any other employee? You are working permanently until you get/give your 30/60 days notice?

Will kill the transfer market, for sure, but I can't imagine no-one has never signed such a deal?
So, according to CEO Nourry on 22:01 - Feb 6 with 2034 viewsCateLeBonR

So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:14 - Feb 6 by Northernr

What fans don’t deserve better? Apart from the obvious!

Your vitriol has been noted though Clive 👍
So, according to CEO Nourry on 22:04 - Feb 6 with 2002 viewsnadera78

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:47 - Feb 6 by JamieNaz

I work in tech, and it's (unfortunately) full of people who talk like this despite it often also being their first ever job.

Basically, I suspect this is what he thinks is the best way to avoid answering by saying that we've offered 6 month contracts or contracts with relegation release clauses.

I said after his first interview that Nourry speaks fluent MBA and I haven't changed my opinion on that. Some people like it, I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

So, according to CEO Nourry on 22:16 - Feb 6 with 1945 viewsderbyhoop

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:52 - Feb 6 by Northernr

It’s not, in the grand scheme of things. But, like I say, this support base has turned up in ridiculous numbers and remarkable humour over two of the worst years in the history of the club with money increasingly tight. The people running this club have made a series of decisions and deals that have driven it to the brink of relegation to the third tier, a once in 50 year event prior to this. They’re now saying in future we’re going to make those deals, and we’re going to tell you even less about them than they were before. Undisclosed fee, undisclosed agent, undisclosed wage, undisclosed contract length. This will quickly backfire either when they land a good one but it turns out he’s going on a free in 6 months, or they land a Richards and we’re all counting the days to him fcking off in the summer and it turns out they’ve given him 4 years.

It’s poor. As Sheffield says, everybody in the sport will know how long these contracts are, the only people you’re depriving is the fans, and given how remarkably patient those fans have been with you what exactly are you achieving?

The club has been P*** poor with their communications for some time. As you have said anybody who really wants to know the length of a particular player contract will find out, as football clubs leak like a sieve.
Given the level of support from fans who are aware of the FFP difficulties, even if not the finer details, we deserve better than the mushroom treatment.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:12 - Feb 6 with 1778 viewsAntti_Heinola

So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:27 - Feb 6 by lassel

It’s important to acknowledge at the same time that Hayden and Hodge were essentially sympathy deals from friendly clubs. Hayden to get some wages off the books with FFP looking large and Hodge to get a lot of minutes in the rest of the season.

not sure the tiny amount we're paying towards Hayden's wages will dent their ffp worries! But yes, some friendly deals done. Good. Good toi have friends!

Bare bones.

So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:19 - Feb 6 with 1763 viewsNorthernr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:12 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

not sure the tiny amount we're paying towards Hayden's wages will dent their ffp worries! But yes, some friendly deals done. Good. Good toi have friends!

Last time these so called friends cut us a deal like this it was Hendricks. Could do without friends like that

(I like Hayden)
So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:39 - Feb 6 with 1685 viewsStainrod

Fans are naturally questioning because the club has been so shockingly run this past decade. But its not the club's duty to give a running commentary on private contracts. There are so many clauses that can go into a deal. Maybe Frey and Andersen are only on contracts till the end of the season and maybe we simply agreed to put them in the shop window as we were desperate, but releasing that info would send out a negative vibe. Maybe they have relegation release clauses and we don't want to announce that because again it sends a message that the club is worried about going down. Its no wonder fans are suspicious after the Albert extensions and so many other weird decisions but there might be good reason for privacy. Similarly the CEO saying there was no money for signings sent some fans near to suicide but maybe that was tactical, shrewd if it reduced agent expectations. Fans are a massive (and neglected) part of a club, but they are not its only consideration.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:41 - Feb 6 with 1682 viewsSydneyRs

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:33 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm always wary of club officials making pronouncements when they arrive. As fans, we tend to remember these things, and the officials will be measured against them.

Nouury has made two so far - that we would not be active in January and now this one on contract lengths - and he was under no pressure to make either.

As it stood when he said it, I don't think we were going to be doing anything in January. Then there was noise about having to be creative but we still had to find a club to take Dozzell and the others who moved on before anything became possible.

I feel like he was tempering expectations as no activity was a distinct possibility. As it turns out we've bagged a couple of late decent looking loans and a couple of somewhat unknown quantities from overseas that may or may not work out, so he has surprised us on the upside.

I like him so far, but as always time will tell.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:43 - Feb 6 with 1675 viewsSydneyRs

Indeed, but us getting them rather than someone else remains good business. They certainly wouldn't be here if Ainsworth was still around.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:44 - Feb 6 with 1673 viewsqprd

This note from ceo was the biggest load of rubbish and I think it takes fans to be somewhat stupid

They said no signings in January and we brought in 4 players, two of which will be expensive prem signings. To counterbalance that, he said we loaned out dozzell, kelman, duke McKenna and Deon woodman. Kelman sdm and woodmans wages are absolutely nothing and will hardly put a dent in the cost of hodge or Hayden. Does he rly expect us to believe that 2 solid prem players and the two others are somehow covered by the hodgepodge of lower league loanees?

As for the quotes around anderson- we can use the word algorithm etc as much as we like, but at the end of the day, it’s another case of manager gets what he wants…..

Finally, the bit abt contract lengths is a waste of time. It just reduces transparency to fans. We can’t criticise the club for giving adomah a 7 year extension if we don’t know his contract lengths…..

I’m ultimately happpy we signed players bc I want us to
Stay up and I care less abt the ffp side … but don’t try to spin this into anything other than the board threw it’s discipline out the window again
[Post edited 6 Feb 23:51]
So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:48 - Feb 6 with 1662 viewsqprd

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:56 - Feb 6 by CateLeBonR

I do agree with the sentiment. If you've got a 4 year contract or 4 months left it shouldn't make a difference. We need you anyway. It needed to be said.

It does make a huge difference

Humans respond to incentives

If we go down, does adomah care, knowing that he’s out of contract anyways?

Compare that to Reggie cannon- he signed a 4 year deal and is at a team in league one in the prime of his career?

Who do you think is going to be more incentivised to try to keep us up? Who do you think is going to potentially play through an injury to keep us up?

Also, the notion of passion that is cited by nourry is kind of laughable. I thought the ceo was a numbers guy. Yet he’s going on abt how the new signings were so keen to join us…. Sure….
So, according to CEO Nourry on 00:59 - Feb 7 with 1577 viewskensalriser

So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:19 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Last time these so called friends cut us a deal like this it was Hendricks. Could do without friends like that

(I like Hayden)

Hendrick.

Thank goodness he was only singular!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

So, according to CEO Nourry on 01:31 - Feb 7 with 1524 viewsSheffieldHoop

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:35 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Big agree.

Don't they have to disclose this stuff to the league? Does that not then get passed to SI and added in to football manager?

Would that make FM players officially ITK?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

So, according to CEO Nourry on 02:53 - Feb 7 with 1503 viewsFDC

So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:22 - Feb 6 by QPRConor2000

I reckon all this "look at the historical deal flow data" and "4-3-3 conceptual shape in data screening" is going to get old pretty quickly if things don't go well.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 03:00 - Feb 7 with 1499 viewsLazyFan

This must be about hiding it somehow to use it then to get more money from buying clubs.

I do not think they care about what the fans feel about this issue. Do they ever think about the fans regarding money (except when they want more from us)?

No, this is some tactical move based on some weird strategy. It won't work for UK clubs, but maybe clubs abroad?

I can see the idea, but I am not sure it works. I am with you on this one. I think it's a waste of time unless it somehow fools some clubs, but I just don't think it will work.

zzzzzzzzzz

So, according to CEO Nourry on 04:38 - Feb 7 with 1425 viewsbarbicanranger

Tend to agree. I'm honestly not that close to things any more being in the States but based on what I've read online we were given some very favorable deals by friends of the owners/club, not Nourry. It could turn out that the best part of this transfer window is two loaners that we couldn't otherwise afford that help us out of this situation (great) but disappear in the summer to more lucrative places leaving us back where we started (no LT plan). I'm curious to to see how the other two signings work out; always hopefully but I'm not expecting them to be the same caliber as H&H. I hope Nourry turns out to be a great hire and can sharpen up our club - there seems to have been more collaboration on these signings and more openness with the fans as to how the deals were done, which feels like a step in the right direction.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 06:28 - Feb 7 with 1357 viewsqprd

Do we actually believe that professional football teams are giving us players at a better rate than market rate? That we’re getting a sweetheart deal better than others?

Re hodge, perhaps wolves were more inclined to loan him to us bc cifuentes’ teams play football the premier league way, so they might be willing to accept a lower fee to ensure his development. Re Hayden, why would Newcastle offer him to us unless we were paying the best loan fee? No one does favours for anyone else in football….

It does highlight the issue w player contract lengths and and also the internal inconsistency

Why are we indirectly disclosing that Newcastle/wolves were accommodating financially and not player contract lengths? Probably bc the news abt fees (if true) is beneficial to us and reflects well on the club while the details of contract lengths do not….
So, according to CEO Nourry on 07:18 - Feb 7 with 1279 viewsHastings_Hoops

No doubt wolves and Newcastle simply allowed us to pay the loan deals and wages next financial year - not great.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 07:36 - Feb 7 with 1229 viewsdmm

So, according to CEO Nourry on 07:18 - Feb 7 by Hastings_Hoops

No doubt wolves and Newcastle simply allowed us to pay the loan deals and wages next financial year - not great.

Why 'not great'? If what you say is true, whether in League 1 or the Championship, we'll have the funds available for these loans.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 07:38 - Feb 7 with 1227 viewsGaryBannister86

So, according to CEO Nourry on 23:44 - Feb 6 by qprd

This note from ceo was the biggest load of rubbish and I think it takes fans to be somewhat stupid

They said no signings in January and we brought in 4 players, two of which will be expensive prem signings. To counterbalance that, he said we loaned out dozzell, kelman, duke McKenna and Deon woodman. Kelman sdm and woodmans wages are absolutely nothing and will hardly put a dent in the cost of hodge or Hayden. Does he rly expect us to believe that 2 solid prem players and the two others are somehow covered by the hodgepodge of lower league loanees?

As for the quotes around anderson- we can use the word algorithm etc as much as we like, but at the end of the day, it’s another case of manager gets what he wants…..

Finally, the bit abt contract lengths is a waste of time. It just reduces transparency to fans. We can’t criticise the club for giving adomah a 7 year extension if we don’t know his contract lengths…..

I’m ultimately happpy we signed players bc I want us to
Stay up and I care less abt the ffp side … but don’t try to spin this into anything other than the board threw it’s discipline out the window again
[Post edited 6 Feb 23:51]

Some fair arguments here, I think.

I am normally very relaxed about giving new owners / management a fair crack of the whip but Mr Nourry needs to relax on the absolute garbage data speak. Plain English, clear communication please, not fancy words rubbish.

I don't like undisclosed fees and I don't like undisclosed contract lengths. We support this club long after players are gone and I don't see good reason as to why we shouldn't have fair disclosure. Why should journos / contacts know such basic things and we don't?

Disagree about Dozzell's wages - every penny of those a complete robbery against us, to me, anyway, and I reckon he was on a fair whack?

I also don't think he said no new signings in January. He just said there wouldn't be major activity.

Get your point about losing discipline, but its one thing gambling to get in the playoffs, another to try and avoid the nuclear fallout of relegation, surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024