Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread 20:50 - Feb 15 with 39977 viewsSpaceman_P

After the Match Thread request came my way. I am taking one for the team.

Very hard to be optimistic after yesterday.

But we've got this. 1 nil us. Marti will be giving them a right bolloxing today and tomorrow and thus, they will want to at least do something to make it up to him.

I think some of team will also not want Dickie having bragging rights.

SO...

Frey second-half header into the back of the home crowd net.... psycho celebration to top it off.

BUM-CHEEKS firmly together, but FREY will lead us to victory.

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:46 - Feb 17 with 2209 viewsAustrianHoop

Moving deckchairs at the Titanic does work???
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:47 - Feb 17 with 2197 viewsmart_Goblin

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:13 - Feb 17 by rbee

in that case both teams were so bad for the first thirty minutes, it was an even game.

Cannot accept that on Andersen sorry. He played well in the first 30 minutes but you will not find a player that covered more ground. He would be supporting Willock and the next moment supporting Chair.

I’ll take your point . Fair enough .
But for me running around a lot doesn’t mean playing well. In that case let’s get Mo Farah signed up.
He gave the ball away every time he had it in that first 30 mins.

But, tonight isn’t the night to be too negative and my stream wasn’t great so that might have skewed the way I saw the game . Maybe 😂
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:19 - Feb 17 with 2017 viewsplasmahoop

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:07 - Feb 17 by ManinBlack

To be honest I don't see the point in Rotherham coming to our place and sitting deep when they are 10 points behind Sheffield Wednesday. They desperately need wins now as draws won't help them much. They have to bring the attitude that as we are bottom 3 with a poor home record that they can win so I expect them to have an attacking intent. They have nothing to lose now they have to go for it. Hopefully they will leave space we can take advantage of.

The Rotherham game reminds me of Luton v Sheffield Utd the other week. The Blades lost 5-0 at home to Villa and looked dead and buried while Luton had only lost once in 8 matches putting 4 past Brighton and Newcastle in that run. Everyone expected Luton to win at home to ease their relegation fears and yet United got their first away win of the season 3-1. Rotherham now look doomed so we must ensure we don’t copy Luton and blow yet another golden opportunity to get out of the drop zone. The law of averages suggests we will finally crack it.

Having said that I still have this morbid fear we will go above Millwall and Wednesday will go above us both so we still drop. I would have preferred a draw between Millwall and Wednesday today.
[Post edited 17 Feb 18:11]

To win a game, you don't have to be attacking all the time. When Arsenal had to win by two goals at Liverpool to win the league years ago, they went with a back five and defended most of the game. If you concede, it's harder to win.
Saying that, I'm more confident we'll stay up, but don't think we'll beat Rotherham. Likely to be one of our poorer efforts
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:29 - Feb 17 with 1937 viewsHooping_Mad

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 15:46 - Feb 17 by QPunkR

Can't stand footballers appealing for every single throw in. Ball comes off Willock and goes out, his hand comes straight up

To be fair, the lino gave us almost everything first half, so worth a try.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:34 - Feb 17 with 1908 viewsHooping_Mad

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 16:20 - Feb 17 by HantsR

Crikey, see that skill from Dykes!?

Yeah, looked like a player for a second there.

He did put himself about and he got into some good positions, missed a few headers I would rather he had won. Frey is just pure instinct thought.

Thought Bristol looked scared of us, Jimmy Dunne really helped to break up a lot of play down their left, Willock looked lively, did make a few poor choices but I watched him to see if he was showing for the ball and he did consistently up to about 80 minutes, need to release it a bit earlier when he did have it. Andersen, JCS and Hayden were very good too.

Great result, stadium effing stank though glad to get out.
[Post edited 17 Feb 19:47]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:46 - Feb 17 with 1821 viewsjoe90

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:46 - Feb 17 by AustrianHoop

Moving deckchairs at the Titanic does work???

You’ll need to recycle that line after we beat Leicester following our inevitable defeat to Rotherham!
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 17 with 1811 viewsjoe90

Despite everything this team has put us through this season, these wins still feel great!
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:18 - Feb 17 with 1643 viewsRangersw12

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 17 by joe90

Despite everything this team has put us through this season, these wins still feel great!

Life is so much better when we win

I've been sulking since the Stoke game but they always just drag us back in

What a club
Login to get fewer ads

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:24 - Feb 17 with 1614 viewsHooparoo

What an unexpected surprise to wake up to. What a weird club we are

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:45 - Feb 17 with 1495 viewsthemodfather

typical qpr, we can be flat and disappoint and send fans into the doldrums one day, next match pure joy ecstasy and the world is ok again. for a while anyway. another huge win, unexpected for me but one loss in 5 and closing the gap. millwall must be getting worried now and a few others
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:55 - Feb 17 with 1437 viewsManinBlack

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:19 - Feb 17 by plasmahoop

To win a game, you don't have to be attacking all the time. When Arsenal had to win by two goals at Liverpool to win the league years ago, they went with a back five and defended most of the game. If you concede, it's harder to win.
Saying that, I'm more confident we'll stay up, but don't think we'll beat Rotherham. Likely to be one of our poorer efforts

If Rotherham have done their homework on us they will be looking to force us to concede corners and free kicks to lump into our box targeting our set play weaknesses. We probably will need to get the first goal, if they get it then they may sit back trying to hold on. Certainly no point them playing for a draw it won't help them at all. It is about time we beat them.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:46 - Feb 17 with 1141 viewsR_from_afar

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:59 - Feb 17 by Match82

The putting us through the millers match thread

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 01:12 - Feb 18 with 1010 viewsjohncharles

I reckoned (hoped) out the last 3 games we would win one, lose one and draw one.
Lose to Norwich
Win at Stoke
Scrape a draw at Bristol
Doh ! But happy

Strong and stable my arse.

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 07:54 - Feb 18 with 872 viewsdm97

Have a few BC supporting friends with season tickets (couldn’t make game myself) having grown up in that part of the world. Unanimously telling me we firstly that we deserved to win and that they’d be very surprised if we go down. It’s the hope etc…
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 09:38 - Feb 18 with 743 viewsDiscodroids

Had emergency root canal treatment yesterday and was out of it until last night when Jo woke me up with a Rogan Josh and bombay aloo. Checked the result and the rush of a hard fought away win was better than tincture of cloves. Fantastic.

As Donald pleasence said to Issac Hayes in 'Escape from New york' .....

'marti cifuentes, you are the Duke..A Number one '.

fantastic.
[Post edited 18 Feb 9:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024