Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? 12:11 - Mar 3 with 17186 viewslosethedrum

Given that for every saturday home league game this season there have been around a thousand R's fans with restricted views & we really need this not to be like a home game for Weds maybe just give them the 1800 odd upstairs .
Before anyone tells me that we can then only sell 900 or so of the lower tier to our supporters we gave the whole end including lower tier to Watford & then shut off both of the end blocks Z1 & Z6 so only 900/1000 in there anyway , understand this for Wall but Watford are not a risk in any way shape or form .
Sell lower tier at full price £31 to Rangers & let more of our support have an unrestricted view .
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 23:03 - Mar 13 with 3012 viewsLongsufferingR

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 20:43 - Mar 13 by QPRConor2000

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/the-capital-awaits-bluenoses

This is very interesting, appears the club have only given Birmingham an allocation of 1816 tickets, which is the upper tier only.

Wonder if this is what will give Leeds, Preston and Sheff Wed.

Probably due to the trouble a few years ago when they came to town. I don't think they've had the bottom tier since then.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 07:49 - Mar 14 with 2834 viewsBluce_Ree

I've never sat in the School End but can it not be divided vertically rather than horizontally? I'd rather just put the away fans in a corner a bit like Palace do, albeit it they do that in a side stand not an end.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 07:52 - Mar 14 with 2837 viewsdaveB

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 07:49 - Mar 14 by Bluce_Ree

I've never sat in the School End but can it not be divided vertically rather than horizontally? I'd rather just put the away fans in a corner a bit like Palace do, albeit it they do that in a side stand not an end.

no there is only one way in and out so can't split it like Palace do, same with the Stan Bowles stand
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 09:32 - Mar 14 with 2740 viewsterryb

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 07:52 - Mar 14 by daveB

no there is only one way in and out so can't split it like Palace do, same with the Stan Bowles stand

You can enter & exit in Ellerslie Road & South Africa Road Dave.

I would think that changes would need to be made to split it down the middle though & probably wouldn't be worth the cost.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:22 - Mar 14 with 2634 viewsfrancisbowles

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 09:32 - Mar 14 by terryb

You can enter & exit in Ellerslie Road & South Africa Road Dave.

I would think that changes would need to be made to split it down the middle though & probably wouldn't be worth the cost.

I've always thought one side entrance was for the upper tier and other side for the lower.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 15:31 - Mar 14 with 2448 viewsterryb

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:22 - Mar 14 by francisbowles

I've always thought one side entrance was for the upper tier and other side for the lower.

You might be right there. I assumed it was entry for which half of the end your seat was for.

I've not been in that end since the season it was the home end while the Upper Loft was installed - 80/81?
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 16:18 - Mar 14 with 2406 viewsQPRConor2000

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 15:31 - Mar 14 by terryb

You might be right there. I assumed it was entry for which half of the end your seat was for.

I've not been in that end since the season it was the home end while the Upper Loft was installed - 80/81?

If you skip to about 24.53 seconds into this video, you will see the view of the walkway next to the Ellerslie road stand.

It does appear you can access the lower tier from the Ellerslie Road Side.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 16:22 - Mar 14 with 2391 viewsNorthernr

Can I just stop us there and ask why we'd want to split the school end that way? You'd lower the capacity still further by having to fence seat off for segregation, you'd ratchet up your police costs considerably (I don't very much the police and council safety cert people would even agree to it), there would inevitably be a tonne more trouble, and the School End is a shithole anyway why would QPR fans want to sit there.

Let's get back to the much more realistic business of digging down and installing a revolving restaurant please.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 16:23 - Mar 14 with 2388 viewsJuzzie

Yeah, I'm 99.9999% certain too that the upper tier is entered from one side (SA Rd or Ellerslie Rd) and the lower tier is the other.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 16:36 - Mar 14 with 2357 viewsQPROslo

I enjoyed that season in there. It's a long time ago but it seemed like the acoustics were better in there than in the Loft.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 17:58 - Mar 14 with 2268 viewsJuzzie

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 16:36 - Mar 14 by QPROslo

I enjoyed that season in there. It's a long time ago but it seemed like the acoustics were better in there than in the Loft.

The roof extends further forwards than the Loft roof so the away fans will benefit especially if they fill both tiers.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Pyxa7YNN2qPq5EPF7
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 19:23 - Mar 14 with 2189 viewsKerryE

Could we give lower school end to away fans and have upper school end as home fans? Maybe upper school end could be a family stand?
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 19:44 - Mar 14 with 2164 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 19:23 - Mar 14 by KerryE

Could we give lower school end to away fans and have upper school end as home fans? Maybe upper school end could be a family stand?

For various reasons, no.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 11:30 - Mar 15 with 1991 viewsnadera78

For league games (both Championship and Premier League when we eventually return) I'd only ever give the away team the absolutely minimum - which is 10% of capacity. That means giving them the top tier and we use the lower tier, even if that means a couple of rows unsold at the very front. We should never give our opponents a helping hand.

Cup games are different, I think you have to offer 15% of capacity, so for practical purposes that means the whole of the School End.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 11:35 - Mar 15 with 1976 viewsNorthernr

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 11:30 - Mar 15 by nadera78

For league games (both Championship and Premier League when we eventually return) I'd only ever give the away team the absolutely minimum - which is 10% of capacity. That means giving them the top tier and we use the lower tier, even if that means a couple of rows unsold at the very front. We should never give our opponents a helping hand.

Cup games are different, I think you have to offer 15% of capacity, so for practical purposes that means the whole of the School End.

Ideally. But then in an ideal world you wouldn't have opportunistic scum like Football Index and Royal Panda on your shirt while promoting yourself as a positive presence in the community. FFP means clubs have to do things they don't particularly like. If a bookie is the best offer for your shirt sponsorship, you take it. If you can sell 3,000 tickets to Sheff Wed fans at £36 a throw, you take it.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 11:37 - Mar 15 with 1964 viewsWatford_Ranger

I guess the obvious answer is to be good enough on the pitch to be confident of selling 17000 tickets to QPR fans. It won’t catch on.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 11:41 - Mar 15 with 1951 viewsnadera78

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 11:35 - Mar 15 by Northernr

Ideally. But then in an ideal world you wouldn't have opportunistic scum like Football Index and Royal Panda on your shirt while promoting yourself as a positive presence in the community. FFP means clubs have to do things they don't particularly like. If a bookie is the best offer for your shirt sponsorship, you take it. If you can sell 3,000 tickets to Sheff Wed fans at £36 a throw, you take it.

I get that we need every penny, however, I do think we could do more to fill Loftus Rd on our own and not rely on visiting fans to fill the lower tier. Ticket offers, youth groups, heck even winning more than we lose(!). Do that ourselves and we're only talking about a couple of hundred seats in the front rows that would be unsold.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 12:06 - Mar 15 with 1928 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 11:41 - Mar 15 by nadera78

I get that we need every penny, however, I do think we could do more to fill Loftus Rd on our own and not rely on visiting fans to fill the lower tier. Ticket offers, youth groups, heck even winning more than we lose(!). Do that ourselves and we're only talking about a couple of hundred seats in the front rows that would be unsold.

And it’s great when we do that but then it comes back to the revenue argument.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:15 - Mar 15 with 1858 viewslosethedrum

Rangers on all four sides of the ground , which is nice !

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 15:26 - Mar 15 with 1738 viewskensalriser

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 16:22 - Mar 14 by Northernr

Can I just stop us there and ask why we'd want to split the school end that way? You'd lower the capacity still further by having to fence seat off for segregation, you'd ratchet up your police costs considerably (I don't very much the police and council safety cert people would even agree to it), there would inevitably be a tonne more trouble, and the School End is a shithole anyway why would QPR fans want to sit there.

Let's get back to the much more realistic business of digging down and installing a revolving restaurant please.

Don't forget bleachers on the roof.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 17:19 - Mar 15 with 1666 viewsQPRConor2000

I think Leeds may well only get the upper tier, especially because they could get promotion when they play us and I suspect the authorities will want to stop that happening.

Same with Preston and Sheffield Wednesday.
[Post edited 15 Mar 17:28]
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:44 - Mar 15 with 1570 viewsGroveR

I was in there last home game of last season (Bristol). The food and drink options are dogshìt so no different from the rest of the ground. The Bristol keeper waved at us as he ran over for the first half so he thought we were wurzels. It was all very tame. The highlight was a Bristol flag falling into the lower and some geezer weeping his arse with it.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:55 - Mar 15 with 1538 viewsFredManRave

All I care about is Cheff Weds getting schooled.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 15:53 - Mar 19 with 1302 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Wed correspondent says their allocation is 1,800 - so upper only.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 16:33 - Mar 19 with 1186 viewsE17hoop

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 15:53 - Mar 19 by Northernr

Sheff Wed correspondent says their allocation is 1,800 - so upper only.

Yep
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/ticket-details-qpr-v-owls/

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024