Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne... 14:22 - Mar 7 with 6698 viewsW7Ranger

Not sure if there's a thread on Dunne's performance last night. But if there isn't, there should be!!

Flucking amazing performance last night. Only topped by Field IMO.

To think he was getting pelters a couple of months back, and "fans" didn't want him anywhere near the first team.

What a turnaround. Well played Jimmy Dunne.
Dunne... on 17:10 - Mar 7 with 1647 viewsHooping_Mad

Always had a great attitude and is genuinely likeable. It just makes it all the more enjoyable to watch.

Can't hurt to have him right there watching Roberto Cookio and JCS' partnership too.

Reggie Who? Only joking.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Dunne... on 17:51 - Mar 7 with 1526 viewshubble

The Sky commentary team last night were genuinely (and only a bit tongue in cheek), likening Jimmy to Cafu.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Dunne... on 18:05 - Mar 7 with 1480 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dunne... on 16:30 - Mar 7 by Northernr

Can they do it again on saturday? Play like that we'll beat Middlesbrough, but that's the challenge isn't it? Everytime you think we've cracked it we tend to phone in some slop.

Only one serving of slop in the last nine games. A clear and hopefully permanent sign of improved consistency.

How many games will it need to shake the doubt?
Dunne... on 18:48 - Mar 7 with 1407 viewsLazyFan

Dunne not being done after all (geddit), means the end of Kakay for sure.
Uncle is already gone with the arrival of Andersen. Dozy is already fooling Brum so, he's out too. That's 3 off the list for sure.

Dunne we now need to keep as a utility player :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Dunne... on 18:57 - Mar 7 with 1387 viewsPunteR

He always looked awkward with the ball at his feet while in his CB role. I cant believe its the same player tbh. I've always really liked him since he joined but he was a liability a few months back and probably deserved some pelters his way. Scuffing up the penalty spot was a brain fart for example.
Marti really has got his coaching hat on. Lovely to see the players improve like this.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dunne... on 19:00 - Mar 7 with 1386 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 18:05 - Mar 7 by Burnleyhoop

Only one serving of slop in the last nine games. A clear and hopefully permanent sign of improved consistency.

Ten.
Dunne... on 19:20 - Mar 7 with 1279 viewsVancouverHoop

When I look at the squad yesterday, Saturday, and the few games before that — Stoke excepted — I don't see any passengers, 'sick notes,' or 'want-aways.' Some us had doubts about Dunne, JC-S, and others earlier this season but that's not the case anymore. We're a proper team now. We'll clinch survival. Then, next season, we'll eat this division.
Dunne... on 19:25 - Mar 7 with 1275 viewsPhilmyRs

Surprised how well Dunne has played at full back and I agree with all the positive comments about his performance last night. The added height he gives us for defending set pieces is a major plus too. When Cannon gets his chance, which he will, he now knows there’s decent competition - Drewe and Kakay weren’t that.
Login to get fewer ads

Dunne... on 19:30 - Mar 7 with 1232 viewsstevec

He’s genuine, always back genuine.
Dunne... on 19:39 - Mar 7 with 1210 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dunne... on 19:00 - Mar 7 by Northernr

Ten.

A win and good performance on Saturday and your finally free of your shackles of doubt and despair then.

Been a long, long time coming…..if indeed it comes 😬
Dunne... on 20:24 - Mar 7 with 1125 viewsdavman

Dunne... on 15:11 - Mar 7 by W7Ranger

Despite Dunne being one of better performing players over the last few years until he went through his bad patch, there were certains sections of our fanbase that were properly scapegoating (slagging him off). Wanted him nowhere the first, and in fact wanted him out of the club etc... I mean, this was not critiquing him, this was slating him to the point of completely writing him off! Hence the term "fans" - and I make no apology for that.
[Post edited 7 Mar 15:15]

He was really, really bad at that time to be fair.

Took a few games, but is back at it now. Still would be worried with him at CB at the moment though, not because of him per se, but because it'd mean the Cook and JCS partnership would be broken up and that has been THE lynchpin in our upturn.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dunne... on 20:24 - Mar 7 with 1131 viewsJules4367

I've been critical of Dunne in the past but was brought up to give credit when and where it is due and he has been, as the OP states, amazing!

A changed player (hopefully) and fitting in well with his asigned role. Wow, was he good in the last two games
[Post edited 7 Mar 20:27]
Dunne... on 20:29 - Mar 7 with 1114 viewsdavman

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dunne... on 20:37 - Mar 7 with 1093 views_tf_

Dunne... on 20:29 - Mar 7 by davman

It's Duninho now. Extraordinary.
Dunne... on 21:35 - Mar 7 with 994 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dunne... on 14:56 - Mar 7 by traininvain

Another top performance from Mr Dunne at right back. I was very critical of his poor performances at centre back before he was taken out of the firing line and reintegrated into the team as the west London Cafu.

Not sure there’s any need for the ‘fans’ part of op’s post. We all want the team to do well and criticising a player who was underperforming to the point that he was dropped by the manager doesn’t make anyone less of a fan.

Hmm.
Depends what you’re talking about. The abuse he got on social media was utterly disgraceful and an embarrassment to the club. It was less on here but it was about. And that sort of thing does make you less of a fan. Valid criticism is fine, but that’s not what the OP meant.

Bare bones.

Dunne... on 21:49 - Mar 7 with 961 viewsngbqpr

Jimmy Dunne doing Ronaldo chops.
Steve Cook doing bicycle kicks.
Bjorn Borg patrolling the midfield like Peak Zidane.
Chris 'Chrissy' Willock chasing and tracking back 'n' stuff without pulling up.
Sam 'Sammy No Goals' Field "bagging a brace".
A "bench with options".

Man, what a time to be alive.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dunne... on 22:00 - Mar 7 with 942 viewsRsinWales

Absolute revelation.

I was sad to see his loss of confidence and form, but was optimistic he would eventually rediscover his centre back mojo.

However, he now looks like a completely different player. He's a big lad and I imagine takes some stopping once he gets in his stride.

Delighted for the lad.
Dunne... on 22:55 - Mar 7 with 861 viewsPunteR

Shouldn't this thread be called... Dunne: Part two

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dunne... on 06:52 - Mar 8 with 718 viewssevenhoop

Dunne... on 16:31 - Mar 7 by sparkey

It has seemed slightly different this time (since the January arrivals) we're on a much more prolonged spell of good performances, bar Stoke, but yes trust not 100% won just yet.

well, actually for most of the must-win Rotherham game we were absolute dog-shyte, so can only hope that we start on the front foot again on Saturday.
Dunne... on 07:04 - Mar 8 with 702 viewsNorthernr

Dunne... on 07:15 - Mar 8 with 686 viewsSydneyRs

An incredibly badly timed serving of slop. Could have saved that for Leicester.
Dunne... on 07:16 - Mar 8 with 684 viewsSydneyRs

Dunne... on 06:52 - Mar 8 by sevenhoop

well, actually for most of the must-win Rotherham game we were absolute dog-shyte, so can only hope that we start on the front foot again on Saturday.

WBA came to play, Rotherham didn't.
Dunne... on 07:31 - Mar 8 with 646 viewsParkRoyalR

Dunne... on 06:52 - Mar 8 by sevenhoop

Another poster identified the root cause of that first half hour debacle v Rotherham,

Same tactics as Bristol City away pushing Dunne up for goal-kicks but for some reason Hodge unlike Andersen week previously didn't drop into the space vacated to give Cook an out-ball.

Slight concern too much rotation could see a repeat but more time on training ground with the new players should ensure there's not a repeat.
Dunne... on 07:58 - Mar 8 with 628 viewswestberksr

felt for Dunne earlier when he was the left sided CB and Begovic was still playing out short all of the time and often leaving him looking very vulnerable on the ball. He invariably seemed tp be the left sided CB and would have been comfier on the right and/or with CDM looking for the ball more often.

when I saw him at RB at Brizzle it was a revelation and the defining moment of the game was the tackling 3 players in 10 seconds to let Brizzle know how much he/we wanted it. (along with Haydon's excellently excessive tackle earlier on)

some of the composure he has shown has been a joy to watch.
Dunne... on 08:02 - Mar 8 with 603 viewstraininvain

Dunne... on 21:35 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Hmm.
Depends what you’re talking about. The abuse he got on social media was utterly disgraceful and an embarrassment to the club. It was less on here but it was about. And that sort of thing does make you less of a fan. Valid criticism is fine, but that’s not what the OP meant.

Well I’m not on social media (aside from here) so you’ll have to excuse my ignorance. I’ve criticised Dunne on here but no more than I would any player who was putting in poor performances on the regular and let’s not pretend that wasn’t happening. Look at Clive’s match reports if you want a reminder.

Agree that some criticism can go over the top but the likes of Willock and Begovic have had absolute pelters on here far worse than anything I’ve seen re Dunne and no one bats an eye lid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024