Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 55357 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:57 - May 7 with 5932 viewsbosh67

Good that Dunne is staying on. Hopefully we can extend the extension as well?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:04 - May 7 with 5691 viewskernowhoop

Not QPR, but a rumour close to where I live:

Rumour: ‘Michael Cooper’s departure from Plymouth Argyle will shortly be announced, for a fee in the region of £8 million’
Read more: http://argyle.life/transfers/

£8 million? What did we get for Seny? Is Cooper that good?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:24 - May 7 with 5588 viewsNed_Kennedys

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:04 - May 7 by kernowhoop

Rumour: ‘Michael Cooper’s departure from Plymouth Argyle will shortly be announced, for a fee in the region of £8 million’

Probably Forest beginning their summer pick and mix selection: they are desperately short in all areas.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:52 - May 7 with 5505 viewsHoopsie

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:24 - May 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Probably Forest beginning their summer pick and mix selection: they are desperately short in all areas.

They are welcome to get JCS for 12-15 mil, they desperately need a good defender

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:07 - May 7 with 5406 viewsLazyFan

£7m you say?
From this we can buy two replacements for £3m each and still bank £1m.
Sale agreed!

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:45 - May 8 with 4828 viewsBlue_Castello

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:09 - May 6 by kensalriser

Unequivocally. Hayden was much needed to add depth to the midfield but I'm not sure he's better than either Colback or Field. Andersen is much better than the options he replaced and all of that reflects in the appearance stats.

Agreed my first choice is Field and Colback, purely because Field and Hayden are very similar players and I rate Sam very highly, Colback has the ability to get forward which Hayden very rarely does, he is a defensive midfielder who plays in front of the back four admittedly giving us extra defensive strength.

Some people advocating that we need to sign Hayden if he's contract is paid up at Newcastle, surely that's going down the same road of giving big contracts to Austin and Johansen which we have already established was a mistake financially, there's no question Hayden would be a nice to have as a free transfer on a low wage but he or his agent won't accept a low wage, there's going to be lots of other options available.
[Post edited 8 May 9:47]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:57 - May 8 with 4774 viewsrobith

I really liked Hayden, I thought he really raised the game in central midfield - no surprise that Colback really came to life once he had some competition. But he was a short term solution, and job done. But he's on way too much money to be what we're looking for.

But we need to learn from the StefJo situation - instead of thinking "what was it that he brought that improved us and how can we find that on our budget?" we just signed the ageing man himself.

Hayden was calm, played on the turn. We need that in cm to complement Field and Colback. We have also lacked athleticism in the middle of the park for the better park of a decade now, wouldn't mind an athlete to do a lot of running in there
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:16 - May 8 with 4684 viewsdmm

We need a couple of box to box 8s who can make late runs and, more importantly, score goals. We don't have that sort of player, although EDB might have the ability to be coached into that kind of player.

Edit: Just seen this https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-tips-dixon-bonner-for-bright-futur
[Post edited 8 May 10:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:37 - May 8 with 4589 viewsTheChef

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:02 - May 7 by Hunterhoop

It is a shame but we must retain some discipline. If we don’t sell him this summer we will end up having to sell for a knock down price in 12 months as he’ll only have one year left, or we watch him leave on a free in 2 seasons (unless we go up and offer a bigger deal). We can’t gamble the club’s future on going up. We did that under Warburton and it led to two seasons of huge financial pressure and sh*t on the pitch. This is exactly what clive is talking about in his recent match preview when he said this cannot happen again.

If you bring in £5-7m for a player, not only do you help FFP, but you give yourself a strong hand when looking to sign good out of contract players, like JCS was 2 years ago. Most of our budget that summer went on him. Imagine being able to bring in 3-4 players of that quality. One of like for like salary, and at least 2 with the transfer income.

This is how you build a better squad under FFP.

You don’t do it by holding on to your most sellable assets and just “hoping” you go up before they walk out the door on a free.

He’s also still not done 30 starts in a season, so JCS specifically could still get injured and then his value plummets AND he isn’t playing.

Very good player. Well done to him this season. Thank you very much. Perfect time to sell.

And hopefully Fox has proved recently that he can step in for JCS without too much trouble.

Of course this is all largely dependent on keeping Cook fit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:49 - May 8 with 4514 viewsbaz_qpr

Statically the best keeper in the league by some distance
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:54 - May 8 with 4481 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:37 - May 8 by TheChef

And hopefully Fox has proved recently that he can step in for JCS without too much trouble.

Of course this is all largely dependent on keeping Cook fit.

If we sell JCS (and it's hard to argue against it) I'd guess they'll be looking at bringing in at least one or two microwaveable replacements.

Marti talked at length on that Swedish tactics podcast about the freedom that being able to have defenders go 1-1 against attackers can offer, as opposed to needing a "+1". I think he had that towards the end of the season with JCS and Cook .
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - May 8 with 4476 viewsMaggsinho

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:16 - May 8 by dmm

We need a couple of box to box 8s who can make late runs and, more importantly, score goals. We don't have that sort of player, although EDB might have the ability to be coached into that kind of player.

Edit: Just seen this https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-tips-dixon-bonner-for-bright-futur
[Post edited 8 May 10:18]

So, both Walsh and EDB being offered new contracts from that. Good to see
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:56 - May 8 with 4062 viewsnix

We reportedly got £2 million for Seny but he was 28 at the time, whereas Cooper is 24. Also Seny's last season for us wasn't his best for us coming back after injury the previous season he seemed to have lost his appetite for playing for us.

Cooper on the other hand has had a great season.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:30 - May 8 with 3926 viewsbosh67

I see Rotherham have released Grant Hall on a free. Described on the wires as a former QPR legend!! Really?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:46 - May 8 with 3856 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:30 - May 8 by bosh67

I see Rotherham have released Grant Hall on a free. Described on the wires as a former QPR legend!! Really?

What's this about The Wire?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:57 - May 8 with 3795 viewsconnell10

Worth a punt ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:11 - May 8 with 3732 viewsBeejnewark

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:57 - May 8 by connell10

Worth a punt ?

Still got his picture on the wall of the Treatment room..
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:59 - May 8 with 3404 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:05 - May 8 with 3202 viewsloftboy

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/a-chris-willock-replacement-qpr-told-to-seal-t

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:13 - May 8 with 3139 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:59 - May 8 by aston_hoop

From memory that guy didn't have a particularly great record last summer. Basically picked up stuff from socials, message boards and places like WLS, packaged it up in a Tweet like that, and chucked sht at the wall until some of it stuck. Like a low budget Fabrizio Romano.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:16 - May 8 with 3119 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

If JCS goes for 5 to £7m that is a great bit of business. Let's not forget he's been here 2 seasons, but only really played for 1 of those.
Also, pre season was deliberately easy on the fitness to not burn them out later on, a huge reason as to why we were pretty injury free. How many other clubs will do this?

He is a good player, but grab the money and run. I have a sneaky suspicion that the injuries may resurface once away from us.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:40 - May 8 with 3034 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:16 - May 8 by Wilkinswatercarrier

If JCS goes for 5 to £7m that is a great bit of business. Let's not forget he's been here 2 seasons, but only really played for 1 of those.
Also, pre season was deliberately easy on the fitness to not burn them out later on, a huge reason as to why we were pretty injury free. How many other clubs will do this?

He is a good player, but grab the money and run. I have a sneaky suspicion that the injuries may resurface once away from us.

Have to disagree that our "going light" during the last pre-season is the key reason why we were lucky with no long-term injuries being sustained by our key players. It's simply down to good fortune and thank goodness it lasted for the duration of the season under the stewardship of the MC.

That strategy isn't the sole preserve of QPR and we will be beset with long-term injuries in the future to some of our key players, whether we continue to "go light" during pre-season or not. It's sport, which isn't an exact science, and injuries will arise with some seasons being worse than others in that regard. Mercifully, we got off rather lightly this season.
[Post edited 8 May 19:57]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:51 - May 8 with 2981 viewshantssi

Pay as you play deal? 😂
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - May 9 with 2188 viewsHAYESBOY

South African Premiership side, Chippa United have slammed a ₦2.245 billion price tag on Super Eagles goalkeeper, Stanley Bobo Nwabali, Soccernet.ng reports.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/05/transfer-qpr-union-saint-gilloise-on-alert-as-chipp

How much is that in sheckles? £2.50?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:54 - May 9 with 2156 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - May 9 by HAYESBOY

South African Premiership side, Chippa United have slammed a ₦2.245 billion price tag on Super Eagles goalkeeper, Stanley Bobo Nwabali, Soccernet.ng reports.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/05/transfer-qpr-union-saint-gilloise-on-alert-as-chipp

How much is that in sheckles? £2.50?

According to the link £1.35 million. Sounds like too much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024