Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze for England! 11:34 - May 21 with 44176 viewswortonr

According to the BBC he’s in! Excellent for us but how much do we get if he starts? ( which surely will happen in a pre tournament game)
Eze for England! on 17:12 - Jun 6 with 2754 viewslassel

Presumably it’s Stones and Guehi at CB, so it’ll be TAA and Rice infront, Bellingham behind Kane and then 2 from Saka/Foden/Gordon - wouldn’t be surprised if he goes Gordon left and Foden right.
Eze for England! on 17:18 - Jun 6 with 2705 viewsEalingHoop81

Hard to leave Palmer out.

It’s horses for courses though….could play Saka and Foden wide with Palmer behind Kane and Bellingham/Rice in the midfield. Or push Bellingham up and play Mainoo or Gallagher next to Rice to give a bit more steel.

Lots of good headaches for Southgate. The defence is far better than it’s given credit for too. It’s not Rio, Sol, Cole and Neville, but it’s pretty strong as a 4 or a 3 with Stones, Walker, Shaw and Trippier. The back ups other than Dunk are good improving players too.

Lots to be excited about
Eze for England! on 17:35 - Jun 6 with 2588 viewsLanhoop

Really happy that he's confirmed to go, lets hope he gets some minutes now.
Eze for England! on 17:35 - Jun 6 with 2585 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Eze in. Good for him!!
[Post edited 6 Jun 17:35]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eze for England! on 17:35 - Jun 6 with 2573 viewsE17hoop

Eze for England! on 17:35 - Jun 6 by PlanetHonneywood

Eze in. Good for him!!
[Post edited 6 Jun 17:35]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Eze for England! on 17:48 - Jun 6 with 2457 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 17:12 - Jun 6 by lassel

Presumably it’s Stones and Guehi at CB, so it’ll be TAA and Rice infront, Bellingham behind Kane and then 2 from Saka/Foden/Gordon - wouldn’t be surprised if he goes Gordon left and Foden right.

he ain't picking Gordon over Saka.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 17:51 - Jun 6 with 2411 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 17:35 - Jun 6 by E17hoop

I'd have taken Branthwaite. Excellent passer, had a fantastic season, miles better than Dunk who I hope is just going as he's a nice lad and a good leader in the dressing room.

Congrats to Ebs and huge congrats to Wharton. What a story.

I guess people will stay Southgate is a company man who never makes bold decisions though, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 17:55 - Jun 6 with 2374 viewsLanhoop

Eze for England! on 17:51 - Jun 6 by Antti_Heinola

I'd have taken Branthwaite. Excellent passer, had a fantastic season, miles better than Dunk who I hope is just going as he's a nice lad and a good leader in the dressing room.

I guess people will stay Southgate is a company man who never makes bold decisions though, despite all evidence to the contrary.

For once, I think he has been bold. Leaving Grealish and Maguire out is quite ballsy for him. I think he's done a good job here, albeit he should have had the on-form Solanke rather than out-of-form Toney as the Kane backup.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze for England! on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 2347 viewsLazyFan

Yeah I agree, Branthwaite is way better. Looks like the replacement for Stones long term.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze for England! on 18:07 - Jun 6 with 2257 viewsLblock

Ex Palarse player.... blah blah blah!!!

Looks a proper ropey squad at the back to me but always would've been.

That choice of midfielders also pretty shite.
Rice is stand out and Kobe I rate however lacks stamina at the moment.
Wharton is mental -- I never rated him in the Championship but he looks really good at a higher level.

Good luck Ingerlund but i think we'll be home early.
Main thing for me is Eze gets minutes, scores and becomes a player in the £80mill bracket

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eze for England! on 18:09 - Jun 6 with 2249 viewsMick_S

Eze. That is just so massive for him. From a completely selfish QPR point of view, that’s added an extra inch on Euro - wise. Get in there, my son.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eze for England! on 18:11 - Jun 6 with 2237 viewsJuzzie

Maguire is injured so we'll never know if he would have been pro-actively left out or not.

I'd have taken Grealish and left out Toney. Apart from a few goals when he came back from suspension his form has dried up. Grealish may not score goals but he's not a goal scorer (a few would be nice mind). He pulls players away, he gets fouled and gives us free-kicks in dangerous places, he frightens the life out of defenders. Attack is the best form of defence, and all that.

Well done Eze though, well deserved and a real opportunity to hopefully do well if called upon.
Eze for England! on 18:13 - Jun 6 with 2212 viewsSuperhoops2808

Eze for England! on 13:23 - May 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Don’t rate the bloke at all but he HAS dropped Henderson, Rashford and Phillips so maybe he’s finally seen the light! We will soon find out.

You called it Ned... Well done, pleased for Eze, never a more deserving person (Eze, not you )
[Post edited 6 Jun 18:13]
Eze for England! on 18:15 - Jun 6 with 2193 viewsSuperhoops2808

Eze for England! on 14:39 - Jun 6 by TheChef

Strange why he played Dunk in the last game - unless he wanted one last look to make up his mind.

What was there to make up??

They had suggested he was injured, hence not going but not the case it appears
Eze for England! on 18:27 - Jun 6 with 2110 viewsnix

Ebs has scored against Spurs, Liverpool and Villa - who finished in the top five. In total he scored 11 goals and four assists in the equivalent of 22 full matches. Grealish has scored in total against Spurs, Luton and Palace and scored three goals and one assist in the equivalent of 11 full matches. Grealish is in a team where you'd expect them to make far more chances.

I think Eze provides something different more than Grealish in 2024.

Maddison has also only scored four goals against Bournemouth, Burnley, Fulham and Villa. He's had more assists - nine - but mostly against bottom half sides and only one goal against a top half side since his injury.
Eze for England! on 18:29 - Jun 6 with 2102 viewsdaveB

One thing Dunk has got similar to Maguire is real bravery on the ball and can start attacks off, also a threat from set pieces.

I agree with you on Branthwaite but can see why Dunk has got in this time.
Eze for England! on 18:52 - Jun 6 with 1965 viewspaulparker

Eze for England! on 18:07 - Jun 6 by Lblock

Ex Palarse player.... blah blah blah!!!

Looks a proper ropey squad at the back to me but always would've been.

That choice of midfielders also pretty shite.
Rice is stand out and Kobe I rate however lacks stamina at the moment.
Wharton is mental -- I never rated him in the Championship but he looks really good at a higher level.

Good luck Ingerlund but i think we'll be home early.
Main thing for me is Eze gets minutes, scores and becomes a player in the £80mill bracket

Totally agree LBlock
That defence is one of the worst I’ve seen since the days of Matthew upson starting
How Dunk gets in that squad is a mystery, if anything happens to Stones then we will be lucky to get out of the group

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eze for England! on 18:58 - Jun 6 with 1936 viewsParkRoyalR

Eze for England! on 18:29 - Jun 6 by daveB

One thing Dunk has got similar to Maguire is real bravery on the ball and can start attacks off, also a threat from set pieces.

I agree with you on Branthwaite but can see why Dunk has got in this time.

Absolutely delighted for Eze, good things do come to good people!

Likewise Wharton, what a meteoric last few months that lad has had, indirectly sorted him out tickets for the Blackburn 0-4 home game at ours, if I'd known then I'd have negotiated a return favour!

Good to see Southgate being so bold too.
Eze for England! on 19:16 - Jun 6 with 1859 viewsbosh67

Great to see Eze in the 26. Hope he really shines.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze for England! on 19:23 - Jun 6 with 1811 viewssimmo

I like the selection and bravery - especially in midfield, we are only a few years from Henderson and Phillips, so to go full out with youth and ball players is admirable. If I'm nitpicking I'd have also taken Grealish, probably over Toney or Bowen, and Dunk wouldn't have made my 33 let alone the 26, but lots to be positive about.

The youth of that team is really really exciting - most of them could still be eligible for the U21s. Foden just turned 24, Bellingham just 20, Wharton 20, Mainoo 19, Palmer 22, Guehi 23, Saka 22... Southgate might have stuck with some of his favourites for a bit too long, and I'm not sure why he doesn't seem to rate anyone playing in Italy, but he's promoted a lot of youth and made some ballsy decisions here - let's hope that carries into the actual games

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Eze for England! on 20:13 - Jun 6 with 1601 viewsnumptydumpty

Quite bold decisions by Southgate and a lot of the reasons many have against him, they don't stand in relation to the squad he has picked.

Massive surprise to not see Grealish picked. I thought his cameo sub appearance gave him all the reasons why Grealish can be effective and almost, I felt, played himself into the managers mind as one of the first off the bench when you need a game changer

Although love Eze, he has not shown that as yet in his very limited international time so far.

I thought Gordon or perhaps Wharton might not make it but both have and Eze and Bowen and Palmer too, as well as Mainoo.

I hope Eze gets game time and would love it if he could be influential but for some reason, I doubt he will get on the pitch much and also for some weird reason, I am doubting he will change things. Not reasoned opinion just a daft instinct.

But yes obviously pleased he is in. Hope he gets a reasonable period of time and can show what he can do.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Eze for England! on 20:17 - Jun 6 with 1565 viewsSonofpugwash

Grealish dropped.Good enough for Guardiola but not for Southgit.
The sooner we get a new manager in the better.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Eze for England! on 20:19 - Jun 6 with 1562 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 18:11 - Jun 6 by Juzzie

Maguire is injured so we'll never know if he would have been pro-actively left out or not.

I'd have taken Grealish and left out Toney. Apart from a few goals when he came back from suspension his form has dried up. Grealish may not score goals but he's not a goal scorer (a few would be nice mind). He pulls players away, he gets fouled and gives us free-kicks in dangerous places, he frightens the life out of defenders. Attack is the best form of defence, and all that.

Well done Eze though, well deserved and a real opportunity to hopefully do well if called upon.

We do know. If fit there is not a chance in hell maguire would’ve missed out.

I don’t think Grealish has done enough and, personally, I’ve always thought Eze the better player.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 20:21 - Jun 6 with 1547 viewsaston_hoop

Absolutely going to be buying my first England shirt since I was a kid now, hurry up and get those squad numbers out so I know which one to go for

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Eze for England! on 21:24 - Jun 6 with 1274 viewsSpaceman_P

Thrilled for Eze, but feel Southgate has missed some golden opportunities in his selections.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024