Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 72414 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:22 - May 23 with 2145 viewsnumptydumpty

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 17:59 - May 23 by Beckenhamhoop

Actually some quite good stuff in here and, you’re right, he supports the SuperHoops!

This video suggests an idealistic world that simply is not in existence anywhere

Amazon Ebay and all online purchases have produced a world economy and we consider ourselves to be a free country so it's cheaper buying a product from China than from the neighbouring village

This video suggests a trading arrangement that is simply unattainable

Laughable and incredibly naive.

And he supports QPR.

Poor bugger. Life's a bitch...

Next !!!
[Post edited 23 May 18:31]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:34 - May 23 with 2085 viewsBeckenhamhoop

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:22 - May 23 by numptydumpty

This video suggests an idealistic world that simply is not in existence anywhere

Amazon Ebay and all online purchases have produced a world economy and we consider ourselves to be a free country so it's cheaper buying a product from China than from the neighbouring village

This video suggests a trading arrangement that is simply unattainable

Laughable and incredibly naive.

And he supports QPR.

Poor bugger. Life's a bitch...

Next !!!
[Post edited 23 May 18:31]

I think you’ve taken things to an extreme to try and prove your point. If you’re happy with buying cheap, poor quality products from China [made by children and people in Uigher concentration camps) and reducing our manufacturing with its knock on detrimental effects to our economy, health, communities etc then yeah I’ll strive towards achieving an ‘ideal world’ because globalism has hugely contributed to the shïtshow we find ourselves in.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:36 - May 23 with 2076 viewsessextaxiboy

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 17:59 - May 23 by Beckenhamhoop

Actually some quite good stuff in here and, you’re right, he supports the SuperHoops!

I was a member for a while , just not enough candidates . I had forgot he was a Rangers fan
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:41 - May 23 with 2052 viewsnumptydumpty

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:34 - May 23 by Beckenhamhoop

I think you’ve taken things to an extreme to try and prove your point. If you’re happy with buying cheap, poor quality products from China [made by children and people in Uigher concentration camps) and reducing our manufacturing with its knock on detrimental effects to our economy, health, communities etc then yeah I’ll strive towards achieving an ‘ideal world’ because globalism has hugely contributed to the shïtshow we find ourselves in.

It's an impossible dream

How on earth and where would he even start to begin this revolution

I have never bought of Teemu and the like but millions do

He needs to somehow challenge that first before bringing all his ideas in.

Didn't say I was against this in theory

But sadly it's a cloud cuckoo land that today is simply not attainable but nice video and decent ideas but impossible today.

The world is too far down another tunnel

The Internet has changed the way world problems are.

This video is only possible if Bobby Ewing comes out of the shower after having experienced a fifty years long nightmare in his sleep

Think you get my point

Back in the real world and QPR win the championship by 20 points next season !!!!
[Post edited 23 May 18:47]

General Election Thread on 19:05 - May 23 with 1986 viewsPunteR

Oh.. we are gonna do politics on LFW..
Good luck everyone.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

General Election Thread on 19:28 - May 23 with 1930 viewsflynnbo

General Election Thread on 17:54 - May 23 by BucksRanger

'Grifting nutters' is quite a harsh term to apply to Reform UK members. I can only name a handful of Reform UK people, and some like Ben Habib and Laurence Jarvis always seemed pretty decent to me.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ben-habib-migrants-channel-rescue-drownin
General Election Thread on 19:30 - May 23 with 1923 viewsnumptydumpty

General Election Thread on 19:05 - May 23 by PunteR

Oh.. we are gonna do politics on LFW..
Good luck everyone.

It ends here PunteR

As I have had a cunning plan

Think the next leader of our aforesaid nation is clear.

There can only be one solution to the problems of Britain and there is clearly only one man that can fit the job and sort out our many concerns

His name is......

Cifuentes

Marti Cifuentes

The future is bright

The future is Marti ....

General Election Thread on 19:41 - May 23 with 1916 viewsE17hoop

General Election Thread on 19:30 - May 23 by numptydumpty

It ends here PunteR

As I have had a cunning plan

Think the next leader of our aforesaid nation is clear.

There can only be one solution to the problems of Britain and there is clearly only one man that can fit the job and sort out our many concerns

His name is......

Cifuentes

Marti Cifuentes

The future is bright

The future is Marti ....

But can he do it on a wet Tuesday in Hull?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 19:58 - May 23 with 1893 viewsnumptydumpty

General Election Thread on 19:41 - May 23 by E17hoop

But can he do it on a wet Tuesday in Hull?

He can do anything he wants to do

He can go to hull and back and still lead us into the promised land !!!

Either that or we have got Mr Rishi running our youth team !!!

Think he might be looking for a new job soon anyhow ..
[Post edited 23 May 19:59]

General Election Thread on 20:53 - May 23 with 1795 viewskensalriser

General Election Thread on 19:28 - May 23 by flynnbo

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ben-habib-migrants-channel-rescue-drownin

Ben Habib: the immigrant who loves to harshly denounce immigration.

Come on Ben, lead by example. What you waiting for?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 20:58 - May 23 with 1785 viewsThe_Beast1976

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:28 - May 22 by Rangersw12

I'm 41 and I've only ever voted Labour .

Not a lot will change as it will take years to try and unpick the absolute shitshow of the last 14 years or so but it will be a very pleasing to watch the arrogant twts lose their seats

It took the last 14 years or so to unpick the sh1tshow of the labour years before that. Would rather cut my arms and legs off than vote labour.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 20:58 - May 23 with 1785 viewsThe_Beast1976

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:21 - May 22 by loftboy

Was my thoughts, would consider myself a hypocrite voting green as I drives diesel and have multiple holidays a year, have never considered myself liberal, don’t want to waste my vote so stuck in a real quandary.

Just spoil the ballot paper. That's what I'll be doing
General Election Thread on 21:20 - May 23 with 1757 viewsThe_Beast1976

General Election Thread on 07:33 - May 23 by PlanetHonneywood

You say putting taxes up, but there's a difference between approaching tax from a purely ideological bent, and having to put taxes up!

Yes taxes may have gone down under the Tories, but look at it in the wider context. The military has been massively underfunded and left exposed somewhat; education, which used to be free, is not; public services are dying on the vine and councils around the country are broke despite your counciltaxes going up; the NHS is in such a state, they have to charge you to park in their grounds; the care of elderly people is now on the person/family to find a minimum £4,000 per month; transport systems are decrepit after decades of underfunding; water is undrinkable because again, no investment; and pensions are such, that you're going to have to work longer.

Meanwhile, the tax burden has shifted on to poorer people and it cant be a coincidence that as the Tories tell you they're the party of lower taxation, people are paying for those tax cuts elsewhere and there is an ever widening wealth gap.

This stuff about military spending is b**locks spread by the military industrial complex. We are an island. We have nuclear weapons on submarines patrolling our borders. We don't need an army. Make it clear that if anyone even attempts to attack us we will immediately nuke their country. Job done. Armies are not the answer and never will be.
[Post edited 23 May 21:21]
General Election Thread on 21:37 - May 23 with 1731 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

General Election Thread on 23:41 - May 22 by essextaxiboy

Corbyn led Labour to a huge defeat . The majority of votes are left or right of centre.

I'd say Britain is a right of centre country. Certainly the past 45 years.
Thatcher, Major, Blair, Cameron and then the last 4 or 5 I can't remember.
No real left wingers, no extreme right. We are a fairly conservative country, with a small c, and that is not a bad thing.
We don't get dictators with silly outfits (Hitler, Mousilini), no far right (hello Hungary), no far left (er Soviet Union).
We are pretty boring and stable.

And for that we should be thankful. As for me, I'll not be voting for the first time since 97. I can't be bothered.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 22:25 - May 23 with 1657 viewsJuzzie

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 20:58 - May 23 by The_Beast1976

It took the last 14 years or so to unpick the sh1tshow of the labour years before that. Would rather cut my arms and legs off than vote labour.

The forever cycle….. each party blaming the previous for years of mess to clean up.
Would be nice if any government acted in a way they never left a mess to have to clean up.

They’re like children, but worse, so much worse because they should actually act like adults. Some of the petty squabbling we see on tv in the HoC is embarrassing and they all giggle like it’s a game.
I’m not laughing.

I think most governments are like any company….. on the whole most of the staff are ok but it the few cnts who end up at the top.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 22:42 - May 23 with 1619 viewscolinallcars

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 20:58 - May 23 by The_Beast1976

https://martinplaut.com/2021/06/06/the-achievements-of-the-blair-brown-years-the
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 22:57 - May 23 with 1593 viewsThe_Beast1976

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 22:25 - May 23 by Juzzie

The forever cycle….. each party blaming the previous for years of mess to clean up.
Would be nice if any government acted in a way they never left a mess to have to clean up.

They’re like children, but worse, so much worse because they should actually act like adults. Some of the petty squabbling we see on tv in the HoC is embarrassing and they all giggle like it’s a game.
I’m not laughing.

I think most governments are like any company….. on the whole most of the staff are ok but it the few cnts who end up at the top.

I don't disagree with that at all
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 23:23 - May 23 with 1558 viewsBluce_Ree

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 17:48 - May 22 by derbyhoop

I presume you live in England, so you're only choices if you don't want Tory, Labour nor Reform would be Lib Dems or Greens.

I'd ordinarily vote Lib Dems but I literally couldn't name one of them, including the leader, and have no idea what they stand for or what their policies are.

The Greens are just mental. In theory I agree with saving the planet but they pull in a lot of nonsense with it.

Tories - lying c*nts. I blame them for the disaster of Brexit.

Labour - can't forgive them after walking us into an illegal war.

Reform - all right wingers are grifters trying to sell you shit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 23:56 - May 23 with 1529 viewsSydneyRs

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 22:25 - May 23 by Juzzie

I’m not laughing.

Indeed. Power is everything to them, not the long term good of the country and its people.

Really, the opposing sides should be able to agree on maybe 80% of things and the remainder would be the battle ground. But no, oppose absolutely every idea the other side has because winning, not the greater good, is everything.
General Election Thread on 00:17 - May 24 with 1500 viewsCiderwithRsie

Thing I learnt today

It's less than 100 years since all adults (originally over-21s) got the vote in 1928

In all that time there have been only two elections (arguably one) where a government with a working majority (i.e. enough to stop a couple of MPs rebelling stop a bill) has been replaced by a different party also with a working majority.

Only 8 times has a new party got into No 10 - the Tories were already there in 1929 and stayed there until 1945 (Lab), then it goes 1951 (Con) 1964 (Lab) 1970 (Con) 1974 (Lab) 1979 (Con) 1997 (Lab) 2010 (Con).

Out of the changes, in 1979 and 1997 Callaghan and Major respectively had already lost their majority through by-elections before the General. On the other hand in 1964 Labour only won a majority of four, in Feb 1974 and 2010 Lab and Con respectively didn't even get a majority at all.

In 1951 Labour went in with a majority of only 5 and the Tories came out with a majority of only 17 (and actually got less votes than Labour.)

Then you've got 1945 when a big Tory majority got replaced by a big Labour one, but arguably that doesn't count because Labour was in the war govt.

The only unarguable change was 1970 when Wilson's majority of 98 was replaced by Heath's majority of 30 (including the Ulster Unionists who counted as Tory for the last time.)
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 07:27 - May 24 with 1388 viewsessextaxiboy

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 22:42 - May 23 by colinallcars

https://martinplaut.com/2021/06/06/the-achievements-of-the-blair-brown-years-the

Whatever Blair did (good and bad ) he was not Labour but New Labour .

Baz and others here have told me he was a red Tory .

Thatcher described Blair and New Labour as her biggest achievment while he described her as a "towering political figure"
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 07:36 - May 24 with 1377 viewsGloucs_R

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 07:27 - May 24 by essextaxiboy

Whatever Blair did (good and bad ) he was not Labour but New Labour .

Baz and others here have told me he was a red Tory .

Thatcher described Blair and New Labour as her biggest achievment while he described her as a "towering political figure"

He was not Labour, he was a puppet. Just like Biden and many many others.

WEF, BlackRock, etc..... All own you. We're being manipulated in a way never seen before.

There, that's my political view.

Poll: Are we staying up?

General Election Thread on 19:46 - May 24 with 1129 viewsnumptydumpty

And just to complicate the lack of options even more with the tragedy that is the conservatives currently and the intransigence of Starmer you have the Liberal Party.

Leader is Mr Ed Davy who was the post office minister for a great majority of the years that the post office horizon scandal was occurring

Good God !!!

Politics is like journalism - a very murky business option....

General Election Thread on 21:35 - May 24 with 1043 viewsHAYESBOY

See Gove is off. Bless him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 21:40 - May 24 with 1033 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 21:35 - May 24 by HAYESBOY

See Gove is off. Bless him.

Will they be anyone left?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024