Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 134846 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 17:25 - Jul 5 with 1721 viewsDiscodroids

5 Seats.

'From Little acorns Harold'

Long Good Friday.

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

General Election Thread on 17:36 - Jul 5 with 1658 viewsBucksRanger

South Basildon & East Thurrock goes to Reform after a recount.
General Election Thread on 17:49 - Jul 5 with 1620 viewsSonofpugwash

General Election Thread on 17:25 - Jul 5 by Discodroids

5 Seats.

'From Little acorns Harold'

Long Good Friday.

Going to be a lively old PM's questions on wednesdays with Nigel involved.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 17:57 - Jul 5 with 1585 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 18:06 - Jul 5 with 1564 viewsStainrod

General Election Thread on 17:49 - Jul 5 by Sonofpugwash

Unlikely he will be called to ask a question. Joy of being leader of a tiny party. Ed Davey was only called once every three weeks and wasn't allowed a follow up question and he had double the seats. For all this talk of "Nigel" he has 5 MPs out of 650. And before any Reform supporter mentions the unfairness of the electoral system, I would politely ask whether they ever complained about that when the centre party was routinely getting a quarter of the vote and about 3% of the seats over several decades.
General Election Thread on 18:07 - Jul 5 with 1558 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 17:57 - Jul 5 by Sonofpugwash

Hypothetically, if one was to have stuck some googly eyes in the space where the candidates name is and then put a X in the box, would it be a spoiled ballot or a vote for the name under the googly eyes?

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 18:11 - Jul 5 with 1543 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 17:49 - Jul 5 by Sonofpugwash

indeed uncle blob.

;-)

General Election Thread on 19:44 - Jul 5 with 1406 viewsqueensparker

An interesting post-election stat.

After yesterday not a single one of 92 football league clubs is in a Tory constituency

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 20:26 - Jul 5 with 1260 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

General Election Thread on 14:03 - Jul 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Ladies and gentlemen, your new Foreign Secretary...

My God, is this really the best this country can produce anymore?
You may not have agreed with the politics of Thatcher but at least she actually stood for something, you could never accuse her of flim flam.
She was probably our last great statesman. And I deliberately didn't say statesperson.

I despair for this country.
General Election Thread on 20:44 - Jul 5 with 1214 viewsQPR_John

Don’t think we will be hearing about PR from the Lib Dem’s for a while
General Election Thread on 20:49 - Jul 5 with 1205 viewsBluce_Ree

Listen. It's all going to be fine. Regardless of who votes for what, everything's essentially okay.

Brexit was probably bad, the Tories were gash, Labour will be gash, Farage will keep being a f**king c**t but essentially you'll still be doing the same job, living in the same house, doing the same things and watching the same QPR.

I've been an adult for like 30+ years now and essentially it's alright.

Like if you take man as a man, yeah? Take man as a man, in and of himself, man's safe innit?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

General Election Thread on 21:43 - Jul 5 with 1106 views222gers

General Election Thread on 20:26 - Jul 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

You may not have agreed with the politics of Thatcher but at least she actually stood for something, you could never accuse her of flim flam.
She was probably our last great statesman. And I deliberately didn't say statesperson.

I'm inclined to agree. It may be old age but I remember men like Rab Butler and Antony Crosland were considered to be sagely men of wisdom, paragons of respectability.
Fast forward and we've had people like Liz Truss who wouldn't have got a job as a pox doctor's clerk back then.
Lammy ? Well, give him a chance.
General Election Thread on 01:59 - Jul 6 with 905 viewsbob566

General Election Thread on 20:49 - Jul 5 by Bluce_Ree

Listen. It's all going to be fine. Regardless of who votes for what, everything's essentially okay.

Brexit was probably bad, the Tories were gash, Labour will be gash, Farage will keep being a f**king c**t but essentially you'll still be doing the same job, living in the same house, doing the same things and watching the same QPR.

I've been an adult for like 30+ years now and essentially it's alright.

Like if you take man as a man, yeah? Take man as a man, in and of himself, man's safe innit?

It doesn't matter who's in power. They get in. Promise the world and then get brought back to reality by senior civil servants.
General Election Thread on 02:20 - Jul 6 with 895 viewsSydneyRs

Sinn Fein has more seats than Reform and they only stand in northern Ireland and don't even turn up to parliament . Just saying.
General Election Thread on 06:32 - Jul 6 with 781 viewsGus_iom

General Election Thread on 02:20 - Jul 6 by SydneyRs

Sinn Fein has more seats than Reform and they only stand in northern Ireland and don't even turn up to parliament . Just saying.

Well, you're just describing the vagaries of our electoral system, really, not the popularity, or otherwise, of any particular party.
In the iom, population 85000, a lot of it retired, we pay for 24 MHKs (MPs). Quite the financial burden
General Election Thread on 07:57 - Jul 6 with 704 viewsNed_Kennedys

General Election Thread on 02:20 - Jul 6 by SydneyRs

What’s that got to do with anything?
Just saying.
General Election Thread on 08:25 - Jul 6 with 658 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 20:26 - Jul 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

On a more positive note, SOME (I'm sure some of the others are crap, yes) of the cabinet appointments yesterday were really encouraging to me. Richard Hermer, Patrick Vallance, particularly James Timpson. Actual experts in their field, who've worked at the front line and know what they're talking about and what needs to be done. Not career ladder politicians who get a job simply for being loyal to the leader. It's a very welcome departure from having culture, media and sport run by bloody Nadine Dorries, or sticking Chris Grayling in charge of trains.
General Election Thread on 09:11 - Jul 6 with 557 viewsPaddyhoops

Some in tray for this government.
Trains don’t work , Prisons overcrowded , NHS doesn’t work , High rents , Food banks on the rise along with the rivers over flowing with shit .
Good luck with that .
Hopefully they can get some of it right and do
It with a united government which clearly hasn’t been the case .
General Election Thread on 09:20 - Jul 6 with 538 viewsGus_iom

General Election Thread on 09:11 - Jul 6 by Paddyhoops

Some in tray for this government.
Trains don’t work , Prisons overcrowded , NHS doesn’t work , High rents , Food banks on the rise along with the rivers over flowing with shit .
Good luck with that .
Hopefully they can get some of it right and do
It with a united government which clearly hasn’t been the case .

I think there's more division within both parties themselves then there was between the manifestos of the tories and labour.
Starmer is going to have a real job keeping the party together, and with 30 something percent of 59% of the electorate, he hasn't got the public mandate his overwhelming majority might suggest.
I don't like him or a lot of the policies and people around him, but I really hope I'm wrong and labour can make a real positive impact.
General Election Thread on 09:20 - Jul 6 with 538 viewsKonk

General Election Thread on 08:25 - Jul 6 by Northernr

On a more positive note, SOME (I'm sure some of the others are crap, yes) of the cabinet appointments yesterday were really encouraging to me. Richard Hermer, Patrick Vallance, particularly James Timpson. Actual experts in their field, who've worked at the front line and know what they're talking about and what needs to be done. Not career ladder politicians who get a job simply for being loyal to the leader. It's a very welcome departure from having culture, media and sport run by bloody Nadine Dorries, or sticking Chris Grayling in charge of trains.

I was really pleased about James Timpson too. Someone with lifelong, first hand experience in that field, who is passionate about improving the situation and who has entered politics for the right reason. No ambition to seek a more glamorous role, and seemingly a very decent bloke.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

General Election Thread on 09:30 - Jul 6 with 520 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 09:20 - Jul 6 by Gus_iom

I think there's more division within both parties themselves then there was between the manifestos of the tories and labour.
Starmer is going to have a real job keeping the party together, and with 30 something percent of 59% of the electorate, he hasn't got the public mandate his overwhelming majority might suggest.
I don't like him or a lot of the policies and people around him, but I really hope I'm wrong and labour can make a real positive impact.

I saw the landslide victory being described as a mile wide and an inch deep. His majority in his own constituency was severely under threat.

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 09:33 - Jul 6 with 516 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 09:30 - Jul 6 by Esox_Lucius

I saw the landslide victory being described as a mile wide and an inch deep. His majority in his own constituency was severely under threat.

Didn't he win his constituency by 11,500 votes?
General Election Thread on 09:33 - Jul 6 with 515 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 08:25 - Jul 6 by Northernr

Far be it of me to defend the previous collective of Shinning path ghouls that we were shackled to for the past 14 years. Yet if the below is correct, it doesn't scream to me a polarity drive of highly seasoned hyperbeings, more a phalanx of sawdust caesers who will be found most wanting facing the void which has been left before them by the previous Tory government.

I wish them gods speed with the herculean task they face as it's a job i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

[Post edited 6 Jul 9:35]

General Election Thread on 09:35 - Jul 6 with 505 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 09:33 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

Far be it of me to defend the previous collective of Shinning path ghouls that we were shackled to for the past 14 years. Yet if the below is correct, it doesn't scream to me a polarity drive of highly seasoned hyperbeings, more a phalanx of sawdust caesers who will be found most wanting facing the void which has been left before them by the previous Tory government.

I wish them gods speed with the herculean task they face as it's a job i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

[Post edited 6 Jul 9:35]

1 - hence my capping the word 'some'
2 - shall we got through some of the backgrounds of the Reform candidates?
General Election Thread on 09:37 - Jul 6 with 489 viewsClive_Anderson

I'm just astounded anyone watched Patrick Vallance during all the COVID nonsense and thought "you know what we could do with some more of that please".
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024