Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 133655 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 11:46 - Jul 5 with 1401 viewsJuzzie

Can we move away from this theme please.
General Election Thread on 11:49 - Jul 5 with 1342 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 11:46 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

Can we move away from this theme please.

No. This will be the theme for the next 5 years. Own it.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 11:55 - Jul 5 with 1317 views222gers

Keir will anounce his cabinet later, I wonder who'll be Minister of Arts and Farts ?

Is there still a minister of Ag and Fish ?
General Election Thread on 11:56 - Jul 5 with 1305 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 11:49 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

No. This will be the theme for the next 5 years. Own it.

meeeooow.
General Election Thread on 11:56 - Jul 5 with 1291 viewsTrom

According to the last census, 6% of the entire UK population identifies as Muslim. This rises to 15% in London.
So not likely
General Election Thread on 11:59 - Jul 5 with 1223 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 11:56 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

meeeooow.

Why try to shut down the debate though? Does it make you uncomfortable?

General Election Thread on 12:00 - Jul 5 with 1228 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 11:59 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

Why try to shut down the debate though? Does it make you uncomfortable?

Because it has nothing to do with this general election. If you want to discuss it, open separate thread.
General Election Thread on 12:04 - Jul 5 with 1175 viewsKonk

General Election Thread on 11:56 - Jul 5 by Trom

According to the last census, 6% of the entire UK population identifies as Muslim. This rises to 15% in London.
So not likely

Especially when you take FPTP into account and the fact that hundreds of constituencies have tiny Muslim populations. Also, Muslims are not a monolithic block who will all vote the same way.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 12:04 - Jul 5 with 1150 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 12:00 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

Because it has nothing to do with this general election. If you want to discuss it, open separate thread.

The size of the voting Muslim population has nothing to do with the general election when large chunks of the electorate have decided their vote based on their feelings about the Israel/Gaza conflict?

Strongly disagree

General Election Thread on 12:07 - Jul 5 with 1128 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 12:04 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

The size of the voting Muslim population has nothing to do with the general election when large chunks of the electorate have decided their vote based on their feelings about the Israel/Gaza conflict?

Strongly disagree

I'm talking about predictions about what may happen in the future. That's not for today. Open another thread if people want to discuss what may happen in 20 years time.
General Election Thread on 12:09 - Jul 5 with 1103 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 12:07 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

I'm talking about predictions about what may happen in the future. That's not for today. Open another thread if people want to discuss what may happen in 20 years time.

But then we'll go through the whole "Wtf is this? QPR only please" bullshit and nobody is able to have productive conversations are they?

We have a thread where we're allowed to talk about stuff, and we've got you trying to tone police it. Have a day off.

General Election Thread on 12:10 - Jul 5 with 1103 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 12:09 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

But then we'll go through the whole "Wtf is this? QPR only please" bullshit and nobody is able to have productive conversations are they?

We have a thread where we're allowed to talk about stuff, and we've got you trying to tone police it. Have a day off.

mweeeow. The irony of you telling people not to police a thread by trying to police it yourself.

[Post edited 5 Jul 12:12]
General Election Thread on 12:13 - Jul 5 with 1057 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 12:10 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

mweeeow. The irony of you telling people not to police a thread by trying to police it yourself.

[Post edited 5 Jul 12:12]

Meeeoooooooooooooooow

General Election Thread on 12:14 - Jul 5 with 1052 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 12:04 - Jul 5 by Konk

Especially when you take FPTP into account and the fact that hundreds of constituencies have tiny Muslim populations. Also, Muslims are not a monolithic block who will all vote the same way.

You can keep reassuring yourself with stuff like this, but you'll still be wrong

General Election Thread on 12:15 - Jul 5 with 1053 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well chaps, it’s been emotional.

Apart from the odd ‘krank’ here, dog whistle there, and a whole lot of manufactured victimhood it’s been relatively civil.

Can feel the ID politics slipping in so i’m slipping out.

Good luck everyone, and may a lot of lessons be learned (they won’t).
General Election Thread on 12:18 - Jul 5 with 1004 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election Thread on 12:15 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well chaps, it’s been emotional.

Apart from the odd ‘krank’ here, dog whistle there, and a whole lot of manufactured victimhood it’s been relatively civil.

Can feel the ID politics slipping in so i’m slipping out.

Good luck everyone, and may a lot of lessons be learned (they won’t).

It's been a good thread. It's where I've gone to to keep informed. Didn't have much time to really get into this GE so this thread's been a great help.

Thanks all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

General Election Thread on 12:20 - Jul 5 with 971 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 12:04 - Jul 5 by Konk

It will have impacted a small number of seats and that in itself is fine. Different people have different priorities and mid-war it’s always going to be a bigger issue than if we were a year on from now. My main issue is the NF-style tactics from the supporters of certain candidates.
General Election Thread on 12:22 - Jul 5 with 930 viewsstevec

General Election Thread on 11:31 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

To be fair, Beast, that post is a bit different to your original post. It did appear to me at least that your problem was specifically with Muslims and not with all religions.

I agree that the ideal would be that all Governments were secular and that Church and state should always be seperated.

Either way, at the last census only 6% of the population identified as Muslim. Britain may elect a Muslim as PM, but I can't see an Islamic Government with Islamic laws on the horizon.

You may well be right Brian but as you well know, sectarianism on a religious basis is a very dangerous thing.

We are seeing MPs being elected on religious basis now, only very small numbers, but if this grows and it’s possible, then this country will have a far bigger problem than what’s going on the other side of the world these days.

We can’t just dismiss this as a potential issue.
General Election Thread on 12:23 - Jul 5 with 902 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election Thread on 12:22 - Jul 5 by stevec

You may well be right Brian but as you well know, sectarianism on a religious basis is a very dangerous thing.

We are seeing MPs being elected on religious basis now, only very small numbers, but if this grows and it’s possible, then this country will have a far bigger problem than what’s going on the other side of the world these days.

Fair comments, Steve.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

General Election Thread on 12:50 - Jul 5 with 773 viewsCamberleyR

General Election Thread on 07:00 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Liz Truss

That was a most unexpected delight at 6 am this morning.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

General Election Thread on 13:04 - Jul 5 with 713 viewsRangersw12

Fair play to Jess Phillips for highlighting this it has no place in politics regardless of who you support .

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 13:07 - Jul 5 with 703 viewsEsox_Lucius

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 20:15 - May 22 by BucksRanger

Been waiting for any political party to proclaim that they would be extremely tough on drug dealers. For 25 years now I've never seen a party mention the drugs problem in this country at all. It won't be any different this time around, I'm sure. So, sod the lot of them. They're all a waste of time.

Michael Gove did his bit... allegedly.

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 13:13 - Jul 5 with 660 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 13:04 - Jul 5 by Rangersw12

Fair play to Jess Phillips for highlighting this it has no place in politics regardless of who you support .

She was extremely lucky.

This Chinese asset wasn't.

General Election Thread on 13:18 - Jul 5 with 644 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 11:19 - Jul 5 by paulparker

Quick question
What is right wing ????

Lack of empathy for others who are struggling with austerity for one.

General Election Thread on 13:20 - Jul 5 with 626 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 12:22 - Jul 5 by stevec

Humanitarian grounds NOT religious grounds.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024