Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes injured? 15:50 - May 31 with 12458 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Does anyone know if this is true?
I was hoping he’d have a superb tournament and sell for £1M?!
Dykes injured? on 16:40 - Jun 1 with 4149 viewsaston_hoop

Well he's out of the Euros for sure

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dykes injured? on 16:44 - Jun 1 with 4108 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ah that’s terrible news for Lyndon: poor guy.
Hope it’s not long term for everyone’s sakes.
Dykes injured? on 17:18 - Jun 1 with 3882 viewsLazyFan

Very bad news for us.
We all wanted Dykes to do well and score worldies and make him a feared forward at the Euro's so ... we could sell him and laugh at whoever took him of us.

Now, we are stuck with him for sure, this is so depressing :(

zzzzzzzzzz

Dykes injured? on 17:27 - Jun 1 with 3844 viewsLandshark

Dykes injured? on 17:18 - Jun 1 by LazyFan

Very bad news for us.
We all wanted Dykes to do well and score worldies and make him a feared forward at the Euro's so ... we could sell him and laugh at whoever took him of us.

Wow, nice take. No care for the wellbeing of the player or the person at all.
Dykes injured? on 17:34 - Jun 1 with 3792 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dykes injured? on 18:48 - May 31 by hoops_legend

Regardless of whether he is a good QPR player or not. He is one of ours and he tries his hardest and wears our badge proudly.

He also has had some good patches of form for us including the run in at the end

It’s a shame as I would have watched Scotland games to see one of Rs playing

Or am I just to sentimental?
[Post edited 31 May 18:49]

If you're not Scottish then, yes, you are.
Dykes injured? on 17:37 - Jun 1 with 3780 viewsflynnbo

Dykes injured? on 17:34 - Jun 1 by Benny_the_Ball

If you're not Scottish then, yes, you are.

Really feel for him. Hope his recovery is quick.
Dykes injured? on 17:38 - Jun 1 with 3769 viewsToast_R

Well, that's shit isn't it?
Dykes injured? on 17:45 - Jun 1 with 3735 viewsBenny_the_Ball

With all due respect I have no interest in Scotland, my concern is how this impacts the player and the club. On the slightly bright side, if the injury is long term QPR will have to go to market for a replacement as they can't begin next season with just Frey and Armstrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes injured? on 17:50 - Jun 1 with 3717 viewsessextaxiboy

Dykes injured? on 17:45 - Jun 1 by Benny_the_Ball

With all due respect I have no interest in Scotland, my concern is how this impacts the player and the club. On the slightly bright side, if the injury is long term QPR will have to go to market for a replacement as they can't begin next season with just Frey and Armstrong.

Feel sorry for him on a personal level but for me the main thing is a saleable asset is not available to attract buyers and be sold .
Dykes injured? on 18:14 - Jun 1 with 3609 viewsSnipper

Feel really sorry for Lyndon Dykes.

He was playing decent for us at the end of the season. This could actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I hope I’m right. 🫰
Dykes injured? on 18:26 - Jun 1 with 3534 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dykes injured? on 17:27 - Jun 1 by Landshark

Wow, nice take. No care for the wellbeing of the player or the person at all.

Exactly: how many times recently have one of our players had a chance to play regularly at a major international tournament? He’s had some great games for Scotland and was looking forward to seeing what Lyndon could do this summer.
Gutted for him.
Dykes injured? on 19:41 - Jun 1 with 3338 viewsdaveB

really feel for him, must be a bad one if hes out of the Euros
Dykes injured? on 20:58 - Jun 1 with 3160 viewsrbee

Lyndon is our player so we should all be supporting him in both his club and international career. I would have been watching the Scotland games. I really feel for him missing the Euros, it might be his only opportunity to play in a big tournament.

However, the Euros was an opportunity for Lyndon to be in the shop window as the club that we all support should be moving on a Number 9 that rarely scores goals. I doubt very much that Lyndon is in Marti's future plans.
[Post edited 1 Jun 21:03]
Dykes injured? on 22:45 - Jun 1 with 2898 viewsthame_hoops

What a shame, it’s not often you can watch a Rangers player at a major tournament. I remember when we signed Stejksal in 1990, he played for Czechoslovakia before he’d even put on a Rs shirt.
Dykes injured? on 00:16 - Jun 2 with 2734 viewsSydneyRs

Dykes injured? on 17:18 - Jun 1 by LazyFan

Very bad news for us.

With friends like you...
Dykes injured? on 00:49 - Jun 2 with 2706 viewsmart_Goblin

Gutted for him. He must be worrying that’s his last chance of a Euros gone now ?

I wish him all the best and speedy recovery .
Dykes injured? on 10:54 - Jun 2 with 2335 viewssaxbend

Shop window isn't the point. If he did well in the Euros he would come back all ready to have a great season for us too. Other clubs would want him for reasons that would make us want to keep him too. Even if he didn't stand out that much, just to come back in good shape and good habits would set him up to do well for us. Now he's going to have no pre-season and come into our side very gradually, and by the looks of things having to impress a lot of fans who have already decided he isn't any good. Meanwhile we are going to have to get two new strikers, not just one for the start of the season.
Dykes injured? on 11:17 - Jun 2 with 2294 viewsloftboy

Dykes injured? on 22:45 - Jun 1 by thame_hoops

What a shame, it’s not often you can watch a Rangers player at a major tournament. I remember when we signed Stejksal in 1990, he played for Czechoslovakia before he’d even put on a Rs shirt.

Fenwick 86, Parker 90, McDonald 90
[Post edited 2 Jun 11:17]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dykes injured? on 11:21 - Jun 2 with 2278 viewsderbyhoop

I suspect, without the necessary information, that this is a serious injury that will keep him out of the game for many months.
Whatever we think of his contribution, I'd hate to see us go into next season with a strike force of Frey, Armstrong, Kolli and Kelman. And some muppet on FLW is suggesting Kolli gets sent on loan. Along with Talla and Bala, the latter being released last week.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dykes injured? on 12:13 - Jun 2 with 2183 viewsBklynRanger

Dykes injured? on 11:17 - Jun 2 by loftboy

Fenwick 86, Parker 90, McDonald 90
[Post edited 2 Jun 11:17]

McDonald was '86 sadly. There was Ilias at the WC of course, but that involved looking for him on the bench.

I'm going to try to look at the whole Dykes situation differently now, can't see much other option: He seems to have a good relationship with his fellow players and will need their support in the recovery. We may as well hope now that he can come through it, recover fully and then maybe get back to doing some of that slightly dropped in, linking work that had been going well for a handful of games.

Ideally he'll be coming back into a team with a bit more quality and form about it. I was eager for him to move on but it's not happening now surely so (even though I hate this phrase) it is what it is.
Dykes injured? on 23:47 - Jun 2 with 1792 viewsMyke

Dykes injured? on 12:38 - Jun 1 by richpr

Just our luck! He'll be out for a couple of months and then fit for the start of next season.

So a bit conflicted on this . Obviously a lost opportunity for Dykes to have a good tournament and increase his value for the club. Also he seems like a genuine bloke so obviously he is gutted to Melissa the biggest tournament of his life. But ... I am convinced he played well within himself this year to reduce the risk of injury before the Euros - so Karma
Dykes injured? on 07:07 - Jun 3 with 1638 viewshoops_legend

Dykes injured? on 22:45 - Jun 1 by thame_hoops

Julio cesar. It was all going well for him but it went all QPR for him in the game vs Germany
Dykes injured? on 09:26 - Jun 3 with 1434 viewsTheChef

Anyone know what the actual injury is?

Suggestion is it's knee related, but I've not seen any more details than that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dykes injured? on 10:58 - Jun 3 with 1229 viewsQPROslo

Dykes injured? on 09:26 - Jun 3 by TheChef

Anyone know what the actual injury is?

Suggestion is it's knee related, but I've not seen any more details than that.

I just read it's an ankle injury on Sky and other places. Nothing about how long he is likely to out other than for the tournament. Clarke saying he's irreplaceable!
Dykes injured? on 13:57 - Jun 3 with 918 viewsLongRanger

Dykes played against England in Euro 2020.

I think this is a real shame for him and us, wherever you think his future should be.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024