Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. 11:22 - Jun 9 with 27569 viewswelwynranger

But it is being reported that Burnley are interested in taking Marti as their manager.
At the moment Craig Bellamy is in interim charge along with Michael Jackson as his number 2 .
The Burnley fans are very unhappy as Bellamy has no managerial experience and is considered too old at 44.
They want a manager that can get them straight back into the prem next season and have highlighted Marti amazing achievement for us.
I hope the board make him a worthwhile offer to keep him.
Little bit worried money talks
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 15:08 - Jun 14 with 3607 viewsdmm

QPR announced a few weeks ago that we're partnering with Gemini Sports Analytics which uses AI. I believe we're the first or one of the first clubs to do this. How effective it will be in player recruitment remains to be seen.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 15:17 - Jun 14 with 3543 viewsrbee

I am not comparing us to Premier League clubs like Brentford or Brighton.

I am simply saying that our CEO has stated that we are in possession of much better analytical software now bringing us closer to those clubs on the analytical software front, nothing else.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 15:27 - Jun 14 with 3501 viewsHayesender

Fat Frank is now 1/3 for the Sunderland job. And breath (for now)

Poll: Shamima Beghum

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:01 - Jun 14 with 3356 viewskensalriser

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 15:27 - Jun 14 by Hayesender

Hilarious.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:09 - Jun 14 with 3302 viewsNW10Hoop

Is it too early for QPR to be making new signings?

I'm not asking because I'm rabid - more in the hope of getting any clues as to whether Marti is laying down some foundations of his own
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:34 - Jun 14 with 3171 viewsLazyFan

If JCS did not have a really bad injury record, I would say to keep him. But he does, and that's the data, so we can only go on for now.

I think Marti would be okay if we sold him as long as he gets the funds to replace him. Managers tend to like to have a nice transfer kitty if players are sold, as then they can bring in players they fancy, like Andersen, for example.

We need to sell JCS as his history is too injury-prone. We should sell Chair, but with this court case unlikely, Marti will be happy when we keep him. If Armstrong doesn't sign a new contract, we need to sell him now as well for whatever we can get.

I think if Burnley doesn't come in for Marti, we should be okay, and he will stay as we have some monies this season to spend. And if we get it right, then this could put us in the top half, which makes it look good on his CV. Rather than ending up like Beale and having to coach in war-torn countries where no players want to sign.

zzzzzzzzzz

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:24 - Jun 14 with 3023 viewsdaveB

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 16:09 - Jun 14 by NW10Hoop

Is it too early for QPR to be making new signings?

I'm not asking because I'm rabid - more in the hope of getting any clues as to whether Marti is laying down some foundations of his own

I think the window opened today
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:57 - Jun 14 with 2886 viewsdavman

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:24 - Jun 14 by daveB

I think the window opened today

Well its nearly 1800 now, so why the hell have we not got a striker in? Probably because Marti has left and is taking Dougie Howser with him and the owners too. Can't think of any other reason, can you?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:04 - Jun 14 with 2855 viewspaulparker

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 22:40 - Jun 13 by Westy75

Beale’s off to Israel apparently…fits him perfectly.

In what way does it fit him then ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 18:51 - Jun 14 with 2773 viewsdm97

Apparently this is nonsense. The Beale PTSD has me worried, but from the outside they look like a mess. You’d hope Marti wouldn’t be interested
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:10 - Jun 14 with 2557 viewsThe_Beast1976

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 15:05 - Jun 14 by Northernr

I'm very hopeful Nourry drags us into the 21st century kicking and screaming. I've been quite impressed with a lot of what he's done so far, and he certainly seems engaged and proactive on a number of fronts when, as said, the people running the club before him felt like they'd tried hard, burned themselves out, and were pretty much checked out and defeated.

One thing Lee Hoos did say at the last fans forum though, and I've been guilty of this over the years, is that if you're going to look at Brighton and Brentford specifically you've got to appreciate the business their owners are in, the technology and system they've got at their disposal to run and operate those businesses, and if not accept defeat then just accept that it's a bit of a special case. There's a reason clubs that used to lose bottom division league fixtures to Scunthorpe are now in the top flight beating Man Utd up. The sort of data and analytics those two are privvy to is a pipe dream even for the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

We should be doing loads better though. Listening to that Jimmy Dunne podcast he said he was at Chelsea for a trial as a 14 year old, and they took blood samples etc, got a whole genetic profile and make up of his family, and were able to predict exactly where, how and how much his body would develop and grow over the next six years. He said when they didn't take him up and sign him they actually gave him the files so he could show it to other clubs. When you compare those sorts of levels to us, for instance, signing Taylor Richards... or persisting for long periods of time with Aaron Drewe, Rafferty Pedder etc...

Nourry's also introduced interviews for prospective signings. Everybody who signs here now is interviewed by the club as part of a big bulked up character and background check.

Like I say, I'm quite encouraged by him, but I think comparisons to brighton and brentford (and look I've made loads over the years) are probs unhelpful/unrealistic.

I play golf with a couple of lads who were involved in the development of the software used by Brentford and Brighton. Really interesting listening to them explaining little bits about how it all works. It was all top secret when they were working at the relevant firms, but they're both retired now so can talk about it a little more openly
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:24 - Jun 14 with 2504 viewsR_from_afar

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 15:05 - Jun 14 by Northernr

I'm very hopeful Nourry drags us into the 21st century kicking and screaming. I've been quite impressed with a lot of what he's done so far, and he certainly seems engaged and proactive on a number of fronts when, as said, the people running the club before him felt like they'd tried hard, burned themselves out, and were pretty much checked out and defeated.

One thing Lee Hoos did say at the last fans forum though, and I've been guilty of this over the years, is that if you're going to look at Brighton and Brentford specifically you've got to appreciate the business their owners are in, the technology and system they've got at their disposal to run and operate those businesses, and if not accept defeat then just accept that it's a bit of a special case. There's a reason clubs that used to lose bottom division league fixtures to Scunthorpe are now in the top flight beating Man Utd up. The sort of data and analytics those two are privvy to is a pipe dream even for the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

We should be doing loads better though. Listening to that Jimmy Dunne podcast he said he was at Chelsea for a trial as a 14 year old, and they took blood samples etc, got a whole genetic profile and make up of his family, and were able to predict exactly where, how and how much his body would develop and grow over the next six years. He said when they didn't take him up and sign him they actually gave him the files so he could show it to other clubs. When you compare those sorts of levels to us, for instance, signing Taylor Richards... or persisting for long periods of time with Aaron Drewe, Rafferty Pedder etc...

Nourry's also introduced interviews for prospective signings. Everybody who signs here now is interviewed by the club as part of a big bulked up character and background check.

Like I say, I'm quite encouraged by him, but I think comparisons to brighton and brentford (and look I've made loads over the years) are probs unhelpful/unrealistic.

"Nourry's also introduced interviews for prospective signings. Everybody who signs here now is interviewed by the club as part of a big bulked up character and background check".

I like the sound of that. Good stuff 👏

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 23:11 - Jun 15 with 2082 viewsNed_Kennedys

Cifuentes now only 3/1 for Sunderland job, second favourite behind Lamps at 6/4.
He’s out to 16/1 for the Burnley job now with Sky suggesting Super Scottie Parker is 6/5 favourite.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:52 - Jun 16 with 1750 viewsdaveB

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 23:11 - Jun 15 by Ned_Kennedys

Cifuentes now only 3/1 for Sunderland job, second favourite behind Lamps at 6/4.
He’s out to 16/1 for the Burnley job now with Sky suggesting Super Scottie Parker is 6/5 favourite.

Sunderland situation is bizarre, they sacked Beale months ago, what are they doing
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:20 - Jun 16 with 1571 viewsNorthernr

I wish they'd just fcking appoint somebody else already. We've had three different requests from Sunderland publications asking us to "answer a few questions on Cifuentes". Fck off lads honestly.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:40 - Jun 16 with 1491 viewsHayesender

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:20 - Jun 16 by Northernr

I wish they'd just fcking appoint somebody else already. We've had three different requests from Sunderland publications asking us to "answer a few questions on Cifuentes". Fck off lads honestly.

Yep, it's really getting on my tits now. Just appoint someone and leave us alone to enjoy our summer ffs

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:54 - Jun 16 with 1418 viewsNorthernr

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:40 - Jun 16 by Hayesender

Yep, it's really getting on my tits now. Just appoint someone and leave us alone to enjoy our summer ffs

Or they can keep wallowing and Cifuentes just come out and say "I'm not going to sunderland obvs".
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:57 - Jun 16 with 1400 viewsdmm

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:54 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Or they can keep wallowing and Cifuentes just come out and say "I'm not going to sunderland obvs".

I might be wrong but it seems managers rarely dismiss rumours like this. Perhaps they like the attention?
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:05 - Jun 16 with 1370 viewsderbyhoop

Or Marti is still on holiday/preparing for QPR pre season/discussing potential targets with our Recruitment team.
Or maybe he doesn't read all the social media crap.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:17 - Jun 16 with 1337 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:57 - Jun 16 by dmm

I might be wrong but it seems managers rarely dismiss rumours like this. Perhaps they like the attention?

Well, the last manager who dismissed the rumours very openly, and got a flag for his trouble was Honest Mick.

Managers are far better off saying nothing, and I don't blame them.

Bare bones.

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:49 - Jun 16 with 1227 viewsNorthernr

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 13:17 - Jun 16 by Antti_Heinola

Well, the last manager who dismissed the rumours very openly, and got a flag for his trouble was Honest Mick.

Managers are far better off saying nothing, and I don't blame them.

Plus he comes out and says "I'm not going to Sunderland" and then next week he suddenly becomes bookies favourite for Nice or somewhere else and doesn't deny it then everybody's all "well he's definitely going there then", which is another part of the reason they don't do it.

Still, like I say, I'd like this go away.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:20 - Jun 16 with 1108 viewsHayesender

When do the players and manager arrive back to training?

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:49 - Jun 16 with 1031 viewsdmm

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:20 - Jun 16 by Hayesender

When do the players and manager arrive back to training?

The squad leaves for Girona on Monday 1st July so I'd have thought they'd return sometime in the week before that.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:55 - Jun 16 with 996 viewsSnipper

If, and it’s a big if, Marti Cifuentes departs for Sunderland or whoever, I’d trust our new look board with their new analytics to find a good successor.

Enjoy the summer peeps.

What will be will be.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:57 - Jun 16 with 988 viewsRangersw12

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 14:55 - Jun 16 by Snipper

If, and it’s a big if, Marti Cifuentes departs for Sunderland or whoever, I’d trust our new look board with their new analytics to find a good successor.

Enjoy the summer peeps.

What will be will be.

Exactly my thoughts can't do anything about it so no point fretting about every made up rumour

Put the Euro's on and enjoy the football
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024