Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread 23:10 - Jun 25 with 24442 viewsNed_Kennedys

We’ve had three match threads from a Southgate fan and three terrible England performances so surely it’s time to have one from a Southgate critic?

Walker switched to LB, TAA in at right back, Bellingham dropped back next to Rice, Foden central, Gordon on the left and Palmer on the right. Come on Gareth: you can do it!
[Post edited 27 Jun 15:28]
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:22 - Jun 30 with 1801 viewsClive_Anderson

He took off both the goal scorers and our best penalty taker
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:26 - Jun 30 with 1760 viewsMalintabuk

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:22 - Jun 30 by Clive_Anderson

He took off both the goal scorers and our best penalty taker

Was just thinking that
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:27 - Jun 30 with 1743 viewsdanehoop

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:21 - Jun 30 by Malintabuk

Fcuking hell we have shut up shop

not rating gallagher as an international player. Limited and agricultural

Never knowingly understood

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:29 - Jun 30 with 1724 viewsMalintabuk

If we go any deeper we may as well just all stand on the goal line
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:31 - Jun 30 with 1701 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gotta feel for Slovakia.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:32 - Jun 30 with 1686 viewsClive_Anderson

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:31 - Jun 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Gotta feel for Slovakia.

Yeah obviously I want us to win, but if we do it's annoying me a bit
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:37 - Jun 30 with 1659 viewsMalintabuk

Credit where credit is due.... Gallagher as not stopped running and harassing
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:37 - Jun 30 with 1654 viewsCamberleyR

Got out of jail there.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:38 - Jun 30 with 1645 viewsdanehoop

Think Toney made the difference

Never knowingly understood

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:41 - Jun 30 with 1601 viewsMalintabuk

Well whatever football gods were on our side we used them all
Not great but if ever there was a win ugly.... that was it
Now he has had another chance will Southgate finally do something about this side
Biggest issue we have is Guéhi and who replaces him.... he was MOTM for me
Surely Konsa.....
We live to fight another day....
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:42 - Jun 30 with 1582 viewskensalriser

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:38 - Jun 30 by danehoop

He did, but his failure to close down attacking players in the last few mins was really winding me up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:42 - Jun 30 with 1591 viewsted_hendrix

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:38 - Jun 30 by danehoop

Yes he was a beast.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:43 - Jun 30 with 1579 viewsGloucs_R

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 18:01 - Jun 30 by rbee

Can’t agree with this. A World Cup semi final, Euro’s Final. Something hasn’t been right since the Iceland game.

Gareth needs to twist big time and someone in the squad needs to go all Ronaldo and bollock his teammates and drag them through this second half.

I don't think the other teams are as good as the German, French and Italian teams of old either.

Poll: Are we staying up?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:53 - Jun 30 with 1470 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

70% possession with two shots on target sums it up pretty well doesn’t it.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:53 - Jun 30 with 1465 viewsjoe90

That was complete dog sh*t. Limped over the line - credit to Bellingham. Can’t stand that ‘sweet Caroline’ awful. We really didn’t deserve that.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:54 - Jun 30 with 1451 viewsHooparoo

Nice little cameo from Eze. Good to hear the commentators praising the way he “glides around players”

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:55 - Jun 30 with 1441 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Georgia about to remedy that fcking 11 man rigamortis exibition for me.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:59 - Jun 30 with 1374 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:41 - Jun 30 by Malintabuk

Well whatever football gods were on our side we used them all
Not great but if ever there was a win ugly.... that was it
Now he has had another chance will Southgate finally do something about this side
Biggest issue we have is Guéhi and who replaces him.... he was MOTM for me
Surely Konsa.....
We live to fight another day....

Southgate lucked out there big time.
Expect an unchanged team for the quarter final of course apart from replacing Guehi.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:00 - Jun 30 with 1344 viewskensalriser

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:53 - Jun 30 by joe90

That was complete dog sh*t. Limped over the line - credit to Bellingham. Can’t stand that ‘sweet Caroline’ awful. We really didn’t deserve that.

We did deserve it, we scored more goals than they did and they were good goals, not flukes. There's no bonus for scoring early or first.

Not that I'm arguing it wasn't another rank performance. Another one like that and Switzerland will win as easily as they beat Italy.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:07 - Jun 30 with 1246 viewsBlackCrowe

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:00 - Jun 30 by kensalriser

We did deserve it, we scored more goals than they did and they were good goals, not flukes. There's no bonus for scoring early or first.

Not that I'm arguing it wasn't another rank performance. Another one like that and Switzerland will win as easily as they beat Italy.

the interesting bit for me was during the half time in extra time, Southgate was like a spare part. He tried to gee up a few players and they all, without exception, turned their backs on him.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:17 - Jun 30 with 1143 viewscharmr

Southgate, you lucky, lucky barstard
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:19 - Jun 30 with 1134 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:07 - Jun 30 by BlackCrowe

the interesting bit for me was during the half time in extra time, Southgate was like a spare part. He tried to gee up a few players and they all, without exception, turned their backs on him.

Fck it I’m supporting Georgia.

If you squint a bit it’s look like an England flag

🇬🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:30 - Jun 30 with 1060 viewsbosh67

Never... In... Doubt!

Apart from the bit up to 95 minutes and quite a lot of it after that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:32 - Jun 30 with 1045 viewsSuperhoops2808

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:19 - Jun 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fck it I’m supporting Georgia.

If you squint a bit it’s look like an England flag

🇬🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Was just sitting here thinking what's the Spanish version of LFW

Bet they are going mad
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:43 - Jun 30 with 970 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 19:54 - Jun 30 by Hooparoo

Nice little cameo from Eze. Good to hear the commentators praising the way he “glides around players”

How many on here were praying that blast from Eze in the lead up to the winning goal ripped into the roof of the net and he became a world wide star .
I thought he was excellent but playing at right back protecting a lead FFS that was nuts. To his credit he was covering that back post well and might have actually diverted it wide but it was a goal kick.
Palmer was good also and Toney made a huge impact but I would have put on Ollie Watkins myself to be honest.
Slovakia fell into the trap of sitting deep and panic clearences and they paid the price but it took a world class strike to deny them and HK did the rest.
Like I suspected they are dangerous now this will be the spark for sure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024